780 Village Center Drive
Burr Ridge, IL 60527Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.topazcafe.com/
- Phone: 6306541616
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm & Sunday: 4:00pm- 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Andrew Sikkelerus
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: From making formal business proposals to making toasts with a gathering of friends, Topaz can help you pull off any private dining event flawlessly. Our event planning staff has extensive experience. And the ideal materials to work with—an unforgettable atmosphere, delicious Contemporary-American cuisine, all paired with exceptional service. Topaz will make your affair one to remember! Offering 2 private rooms, and semi-private spaces available we can accommodate parties of 10 to 100.
- Private Party Contact: Becky Fleck 630-654-1616
A word from Topaz
Topaz, located in the Burr Ridge Village Center offers a Contemporary-American menu in an upscale atmosphere, bringing a city feel to the Western suburbs. Featuring a beautiful outdoor patio, large lounge area and private dining spaces, Topaz is the perfect place for a romantic dinner, a drink with friends, or your next group event. For a very special evening, reserve our chef's table.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Topaz - Best Restaurants in Burr Ridge ›
Topaz reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (101)neighborhood gem (71)special occasion (70)fit for foodies (67)romantic (50)good for groups (46)notable wine list (41)great for lunch (39)vibrant bar scene (33)hot spot (25)late-night find (20)great for brunch (14)scenic view (14)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014Our party of three had an extremely difficult time conversing because of the high noise level. We don't understand why an upscale restaurant as this is not designed for guests to be able to talk while dining. Interesting that you inquire about ambiance as we felt we were in a gymnasium during a basketball tournament! Once outside, we were able to finally converse: mostly about the noise level during our visit. This shouldn't be what is the primary take-away from a dining experience.Special Features:
- Superior foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Had the halibut special and it was special. Excellent blend of vegetables and spices that complimented the fish. Relaxed dining experience. Staff was very attentive and knowledgable.Special Features:
- What happened?FagasDined on 8/23/2014We are regulars here and normally are very satisfied. I don't know what the issue was but it seems that a lot of things were off. While the server was one we had before and he is very friendly and accommodating, service was very slow this evening. We waited a long time to receive service and food orders were extremely slow to come from the kitchen. This is not normally the case here. Food was somewhat disappointing. Marinara sauce was the worst I've had, lacking seasoning and bitter. My wife's risotto special was ho-hum. For a final tab topping $100' we expected much better. Nonetheless, I will still recommend this restaurant as it is normally very good and any-place can have an off-night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Swanky and Absolutely Electric~NickyDined on 8/23/2014I love Topaz! It is my favorite restaurant. Everything about this restaurant is what I look for. It is swanky, lounge like, and delivers phenomenal food and service. It is notable for its stunning patio and outdoor bar with fire pits and really cool seating, very reminiscent of the bungalows you see out in California and on exotic vacations~ which is a what really makes this so scenic and so special while making you feel like your a million miles away! Topaz is a must! You have to go there...whether it is a special occasion or you just are looking for something to make you feel extra special with the group you enjoy being with! Thank you Topaz~Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice EveningCustomer2014Dined on 8/23/2014Enjoyed everything...food was great and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- youngsterDined on 8/22/2014We have been to Topaz at least 8 times. This was by far a huge disappointment. We waited 20 minutes for the waiter to take our drink orders, another 20 to get our cocktails. Then it took at least 20 minutes for him to take our food orders. The halibut was overdone, dry. A huge letdown as that is my very favorite at Topaz. The service was the biggest disappointment overall.
- Outdoor AmazingDelishDined on 8/16/2014Great outdoor seating, very stylish, awesome wait staff. Food good, but not fantastic. Would definitely go back!Special Features:
- hidden gemmanhattanchickDined on 8/16/2014Topaz is a hidden gem in the south burbs. We met another couple there for our first visit and have been making a point of going back on our own. This latest visit was with friends and they too, love it. The food is great and the service fantastic. Owner makes the rounds of the tables to check that everyone is happy. For a more romantic atmosphere, be sure to ask for a booth. They have outdoor dining and that area was really busy. Definitely add to your list of places to try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014My sister was visiting and I took her to Topaz as a special treat. We had a delightful time. Our waitress was very good and our meal delicious. The only negative was that there was a concert that evening and we were dining outdoors. It was quite noisy. However, it didn't alter our overall experience. Thanks.Special Features:
- MJF1Dined on 8/15/2014The food was delicious. My guest had a risotto dish (I believe it was the featured pasta) and I had a lobster roll sandwich. The ambiance was lovely and our servers were very attentive. I would definitely recommend it and plan to return with my husband very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a bad mealnoneDined on 8/14/2014I always stop in when I get to the area. The service is always friendly. The food is always perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stellar eveninghinsdaleVIPDined on 8/13/2014There have been some cool additions to the patio which really enhance the already fabulous ambience! Cindy took super great care of us as usual and the food was delicious. Topaz is our family favorite for sure ; )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor DiningLoriVIPDined on 8/9/2014Great dinner outside, under the dim lights with heat/fire to keep warm if needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Topaz is a gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/9/2014We were pleased to find the positive reviews to be spot-on. While the menu is not terribly extensive, our entire meal was fabulous. The calamari was served hot, which is, sadly, often not the case in many places. The remoulade and grilled onions accompanying it were excellent. Both my husband's filet and my skirt steak were cooked to perfection. The grilled corn with parmesan was delicious although, with no way to pick it up politely, it was a bit awkward to cut it off the cob with a steak knife. We seldom order dessert but beignets are a rare treat, and these did not disappoint. Served freshly prepared and hot with chocolate sauce on the side, took me right back to the French Quarter! To top off a great night, the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor diningJerryVIPDined on 8/5/2014Great food, great atmosphere, great service. Only negative is parking - almost have to use valet.Special Features:
- Love dining outdoors at TopazTarheelborn1VIPDined on 8/2/2014Our guests loved the patio and food at Topaz. Food was great...everyone was pleased from appetizers to desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My kind of placemoscato8Dined on 7/31/2014We always think of Topaz when we want a great dining experience and an outdoor atmosphere. superb as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceDineAroundtheWorldDined on 7/26/2014This was our first visit to Topaz and it was excellent. We were impressed with the range of selections on the menu and really enjoyed our dinner (highly recommend the whitefish). The staff was very friendly and helpful from the moment we arrived to when we departed. We plan to go back soon and encourage others in the Burr Ridge area to experience Topaz. We have also visited the owners restaurant in Westmont called Amber which is also excellent!Special Features:
- Great new findNanzDined on 7/26/2014Were looking for something new to go out with friends.....always unsure to try new places but was NOT disappointed in any way. Great friendly service, steaks were delicious and the desserts were different and delicious! Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Anniversary ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2014My wife and I went to Topaz for our 6th anniversary dinner. I have nothing but positive things to say. The welcome, staff, and food were all incredible. My wife is lactose intolerant and also pregnant. She had some specific cravings and the waitress helped custom order a dish that was exactly what she wanted. We had the pork meatballs for an appetizer and they were out of this world. I had the whitefish for my main course and it was the best I've ever had. We were not steered wrong with out dessert choice which was the flourless chocolate cake...YUM! Will be going here again for special occasions. Look forward to taking advantage of their wine list next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun and friendlyhinsdaleVIPDined on 7/25/2014Always greeted with a warm welcome....and the chef is AMAZING!!!! We especially love the patio ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiamondDaveVIPDined on 7/24/2014We had another wonderful evening and dinner. Our waiter was very helpful and knowledgeable with the wine list as were his dinner suggestions. Luck would have it that there was only 1 Halibut special left, my wife was the envy of all who had a taste. The patio is beautiful with the fire places and live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for outside dining1101VIPDined on 7/22/2014The service is quite outstanding and the food is very good. The only drawback is that if you are a wine by the glass person, the offerings are very limited. Excellent outside space for dining. The location of the restaurant makes it especially convenient for shoppers.Special Features:
- Good restaurant to try.NA11VIPDined on 7/19/2014This place was dead for a Saturday night, which makes me concerned regarding how long this place will stay open.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor diningIHPseniorDined on 7/19/2014The service and ambiance were outstanding. The menu was a little limited, but the food was delicious. We would definitely recommend Topaz to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodies will love this place!rockinronnieDined on 7/12/2014We loved this restaurant! The atmosphere was very nice, great décor. We loved that we were able to get a booth to dine in. They had a choice of white or black linen napkins depending on your dress which is a classy touch. Service was impeccable. My water glass was always filled & you did not have to wait for anything. They continually strolled by to see if you wanted more bread. The mgr came by to ask how we enjoyed our meal which we felt was a very nice gesture. The food was excellently prepared. They accommodated my wife's gluten free needs & consulted w/chef on her specific choices to be certain they could be prepared gluten-free. The lamb chops were incredible, as was the salmon. Try the sprouts & fabulous asparagus! Awesome Beignets!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENTfoodloverVIPDined on 7/11/2014When passing through BurrRidge we make it a point to dine at TOPAZ. Never fails the Salmon, Meat Loaf wrapped in Bacon, Calamari, Whitefish, Hamburger cant recall our other orders. Prepared, cooked & served to perfection. TOPAZ is exceptionally clean, service awesome, wonderful outdoor dining area with heat [if required] Staff always attentive, quick & personable. Last but certainly not least the Valets, wonderfully polite young men.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service underwhelmed.FagasDined on 7/10/2014Been here before and usually exceptional service. This time, the server was kind of a turnoff. Personality, a little rough and very unfamiliar with the menu. Numerous apologies throughout the evening. More than three strikes in one dining experience and you're out by my standards. I think this was probably a fluke. Food and service are normally outstanding here and the outdoor dining is great. Give it a try.Special Features:
- Love the beet salad!CarylDined on 7/5/2014The beet salad was delicious! Loved the shrimp cocktail as well - unusual presentation that chopped the shrimp and layered them in cocktail sauce. Hit the spot on a warm summer eve.Special Features:
- Amazing service, quality food!blissDined on 7/1/2014Impeccable service, complment to the chef on the kale salad and ravioli. Loved the outdoor dining area. We will definitely go back and tell friends how great the food is. Very fresh ingredients!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gmax58Dined on 6/28/2014Virtually flawless - the server was quite comfortable with my date and me sharing most of the meals, thus making it more like a 4 course tasting menu. Server also changed up one of the drinks on the menu to allow me to try something different - and it was phenomenal. (Basically replaced the pear vodka in the drink with gin, and it was refreshing.) Risotto and scallops were excellent, as were the salad. Other than an ok first drink, I can't come up with anything that was less than excellent.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/26/2014We are locals and love Topaz. While the wait staff if great, we try and always request Kasani. He is very friendly and makes your dinner am enjoyable experience. Kristy is the hostess and she is fabulous and very accommodating with requests. Topaz has the best outdoor patio for dining in the area. Highly recommend Topaz!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Weeknight DinnerDonnaDined on 6/24/2014I've been to Topaz many times before and have never been disappointed. We visited again this week for a weeknight birthday celebration and sat outside because it was a lovely evening. Drinks, soup, salad and dinners were all wonderful. Service was very good; bread was offered regularly as were drink refills. A birthday party was also happening outside but the group was appropriately distanced from the other diners. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends night outFriends5Dined on 6/21/2014We have been here a few times with our "group". Each time the experience is the same, very good food and drinks but the service is poor. Friendly, staff but it seems like they are being trained on the job. There is a lot of staff but not effective. For the money we spent there the service should be outstanding .Special Features:
- A real treat for Burr RidgeskidocVIPDined on 6/21/2014A great restaurant with excellent service and food. The bread was great. The cold gazpacho was interesting. The warm soup was also great. I had the halibut special was phenomenal. The scallops were a bit salty which is why we took a star away. Dessert was great. Service was attentive and well done. Would highly recommend. Will be back.Special Features:
- Never Disappoints!JennaVIPDined on 6/20/2014LOVE this place! Wonderful food full of flavor without all of the heaviness, and dishes portioned with just the right amount of food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GatordVIPDined on 6/20/2014Great food and setting. Best outdoor dining in the suburbs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Topaz is a slice of heaven!kepviolinVIPDined on 6/20/2014We enjoyed our Tuna Nicoise salads and great outdoor ambience! We had to wait a while for our check but service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jackDined on 6/17/2014great chef and superb outdoor dining. it's one of the few places, in my experience, that is willing to take reservations for outdoor dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DanielleDined on 6/16/2014Topaz never disappoints. Brussel sprouts are awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.