Top of Waikiki
2270 Kalakaua Avenue, 18th Floor
Honolulu, HI 96815Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Top of Waikiki
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://topofwaikiki.com/
- Phone: (808) 923-3877
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 5:00pm-9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: John Neff
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Top of Waikiki
Enjoy Hawaii"s only revolving restaurant. Whether it's a view of the city or a view of Waikiki Beach, one thing remains constant - our award winning Pacific Fusion cuisine will give your palate a delight it will never forget. Centrally located in Waikiki. FREE validated parking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Top of Waikiki - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
Top of Waikiki reviews from OpenTable diners
229 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (202)special occasion (139)romantic (129)fit for foodies (51)good for groups (37)hot spot (37)notable wine list (33)vibrant bar scene (32)late-night find (28)neighborhood gem (21)kid-friendly (14)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- AwesomeNatalieDined on 11/15/2014Went for a birthday dinner with my husband. The view was amazing, the waitress was very friendly and explained and answer questions very good. The was delicious. Not too expensive but still enough to get full. Me and my husband enjoyed the evening and definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and beautiful view!NuuanuResDined on 11/15/2014The food here is SO GREAT. I will come again, guaranteed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It took over an hour for surf & turf and a steak.1234567891234567891234567Dined on 11/14/2014We had a reservation and still had to wait 15min to be seated. Once we were showed to our seats I noticed that there was plenty of open tables and clearly no need for the wait. I ordered as soon as we sat down and it took over an hour for our food to be served, our waitress came over to our table twice during the wait. I was bitten by a spider while waiting and my forearm had some swelling which added to the overall experience. If it wasn't for my wife there wouldnt have been a tip, I still feel it wasn't deserved. Overall I will not be recommending your establishment to anyone.
- That Special Only-in-Hawaii ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014This dinner was a special "five-o" celebration for my wife. The restaurant had did have our table at a spot that gave us a beautiful, well-timed view of the sunset over the waikiki beach area. I would have preferred a seat by the railing, still the view was postcard beautiful. We didn't feel rushed. The food was nicely plated. It was just right for the two of us. The service at the bar and throughout the night was beyond excellent. Our thanks (mahalo nui loa) to all the staff and the manager(s) who helped to make a beautiful spot into what is now our memory of that special only-in-oahu-hawaii birthday experience on the "Top of Waikiki."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerluvtodineDined on 11/11/2014We had a nice experience and enjoyable dinner. The waiter was prompt after a slow start and the cocktail hour was a delight. Our guests haven't been here for many years and was amazed on how much they had forgotten and missed. Love the convenience of reserving a table.Special Features:
- Happy WifevolcanomanVIPDined on 11/11/2014My food was great, the ribs melted off the bone and my filet was great too, but my wife....she was amazed by how awesome everything was. Our waiter recommended the Orange and Lilikoi Bang because she did not want to get tipsy and it is now her favorite drink. She tried a few appetizers with a side of rice. She is Japanese and very critical of restaurants based on the rice, and she said that it was the best rice she had ever tasted in Hawaii. I had never heard her say that before....it is the highest amount of praise she has give to any place ever. Thank you for a great meal...her birthday is coming up and we will be back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Dinnerfonzie56Dined on 11/8/2014We had such a wonderful time with our server, Brittany! She checked up on us whenever we were just about done with the previous dish. We did 2 appetizers, a salad and one entrée with its side. We still had left overs to take home!!! The chorizo nachos was nothing like I've ever tasted before. The calamari (only $8) was overflowing in its dish, and the aioli sauce was a great complement to the legs and rings. We shared a pear salad, and ended the evening with the ribeye and the bacon/asiago mashed potatoes....do die for. Even my baby had his share and enjoyed it too! Looking forward to the next trip there. Just be mindful of the ongoing renovations and all will be okay!Special Features:
- EhFoodguruDined on 11/8/2014The view was amazing and it was cool that the floor revolved. However the food was just okay and the portions were tiny for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love2eatDined on 11/6/2014food good but not great, however worth the atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful night outhoneymoonerDined on 11/4/2014This was a great dining experience for us. We were worried after reading mixed reviews but we couldn't have been happier. You pay a little extra but receive great quality food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt rushedCelebratingVIPDined on 11/4/2014Food and view was good. Happy hour was good also. But in and out within an hour, to fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing service and viewsHawaiianRachDined on 11/4/2014We booked a special birthday table for 9 people and were totally amazed by the outstanding service, food, drinks and the most incredible views. We had a table right beside the window and got to really appreciate the revolving views while dining in luxury. Definitely recommend !!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014We we're recommended the crab cake and it was full of flavour and cooked perfectly. For the main we had the surf and turf, the steak was cooked a perfect medium, juicy and full of flavour and the lobster was again cooked perfectly and sweet. For dessert the lemon cheesecake was divine.Special Features:
- Great views and good servicekaimukimomVIPDined on 11/1/2014The food was good, but I expected great. The happy hour food was only ok except for the calamari which was nicely cooked and battered. I enjoyed my pear salad and corn chowder. My daughter's filet was tender but not very flavorful.Special Features:
- JennyVIPDined on 11/1/2014We paid in cash and expected to receive change for that. The waiter never asked us if we need changes or not. He just gave us a validated parking ticket without saying "Thank you". Tip was more than 25% and that was very rude and greedy to take all money.Special Features:
- Love it!MildDined on 10/25/2014Went there for our anniversary, view was great and the food was great! I had the Filet Mignon, probably one of the best steak I ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rotating restaurantfood12345Dined on 10/24/2014Very slow rotation. You get about one full rotation during a complete dinner. Dinner portions were very small considering the price and with the surf and turf you pay for only half of a lobster tail and not a full one....and this isn't a real sized lobster either (im from Nova Scotia). We had a 3 course meal and still could have gone for a burger after. Food was good though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice viewPurawWaveDined on 10/24/2014Rotating restaurant provides 360 degree views of Waikiki. High prices, but good food. Wore long pants/dress and closed-toe shoes but many customers were in shorts and slippers. Nice service and ambiance.Special Features:
- DisappointingTx1rDined on 10/23/2014Food cold. Service slow and unprofessional, as if the view makes up for everything that is wrong. And there is plenty wrong! They should close the restaurant and make it an observation tower with a small uncomplicated bar because I do not think they could get a Bar right either. Very lazy and the attitude is 'don't care'.Special Features:
- Great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Food and service great and reasonably priced. Disappointed you couldn't actually see sunset due to surrounding buildings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dnidisDined on 10/21/2014Food was excellent and service was impeccable! Nicholas was the best server we had in a long time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!Luv2eatDined on 10/16/2014Revolving 18 stories in the air, panoramic views of both sea and city, sunset and city lights at night, provide a most romantic setting. Highly recommend this place as a must stop for dinner while in Waikiki.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of WaikikimelbaellenDined on 10/15/2014We ate there the last night in Waikiki. The food was excellent and the service was attentive. It is a very busy, slightly crowded place, but fun for special occasions. It is being remodeled, so there is some construction at the escalator, but it did not effect the service or the food. Worth it.Special Features:
- Over sold on foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014The portion of food I was sold on was to small. Lobster could have been a crawfish as small as it was. My meat was rare instead of well done, so to correct the issue my meat was just placed back in the oven/microwave. You don't have to worry about me coming back again neither will recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Ok placesmily129Dined on 10/11/2014Having been to sky bars all around the world, this one wasn't as impressive. The windows weren't very clear to see thru. The food was well...I am only basing this on their happy hour. ... it left me expecting more. Happy hour is sometimes the best way to get a small taste of what else they have, in my opinion of course. And after trying a couple of the small plates we weren't really interested in seeing what else they had. But their fries were wonderful and perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy hourOnofoodsDined on 10/10/2014Great place for happy hour. Enjoyed the garlic fries. Would definitely come back to try other foods. Great place . Mahalo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner for twodinner42Dined on 10/9/2014dinner was great, the prices were average and less than expected, the dress code is not as formal as it sounds in advertising very nice place awesome views and mango coloda to die for!!Special Features:
- Shining StarFrenchbreadVIPDined on 10/7/2014This restaurant is a gem for sure. The service and the food are consistently outstanding. I do wish, however, that there were "family sections" so that a screaming child cannot spoil the meal for a couple wanting a nice, quiet, romantic evening. This diner does not spending $$$ on meals where the entertainment is a baby crying!Special Features:
- Great viewFoodNwineDined on 10/6/2014View is good. A little loud when at full capacity. Waitress spilled drinks on me and said her bad(that was all). Waitress was not framilure with the wine pairings. Food was unique and very good. One of the wines was not good(multiple people agreed) and manger replaced it with a wine she suggested. Overall a little pricey but great food with a view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!HoneymoonersDined on 10/4/2014Great place to go, very friendly staff - made us feel at ease and very welcoming. Went through the menu and recommended dishes.Special Features:
- MUCH MAHALO ....PLSDCUSTOMERDined on 10/2/2014MUCH MAHALO TO TAYLOR AND ALL TOP OF WAIKIKI STAFF WHO WERE VERY POLITE AND PLEASANT FROM THE WELCOME GREETING TO SERVICING OUR GROUP AT DINNER AND WHEN EXITING ....Special Features:
- Amazing place!Luv2eatDined on 9/29/2014I love the view, food was great, service just impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 50th wedding anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Fantastic view, service, food and atmosphere. Thank you for making my parents 50th wedding anniversary dinner so special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissapointed.DissapointedDined on 9/28/2014I have been here a few times, always bring out of town guests...I always felt is was a great place to dress up and go to. Seems like it is very very casual now, we saw customers in tank tops,shorts and bathing suit tops for dinner! Service was just good, not first class, like you would expect and maybe the restaurant needs a face lift...Special Features:
- Only revolving restaurant on OahuFriendsDined on 9/27/2014After taking the grandchildren to the revolving restaurant at Calgary Tower in Calgary, decided to take them to the only revolving restaurant here. We went there for the Sunset Special (5 pm to 7pm) and then went to see John Hirokawa's Magic show, a short walk away. Top of Waikiki validated the parking until 11:45 pm, so it's a nice place for kamaainas to park, eat, and then enjoy the rest of Waikik.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great special eventdsghiDined on 9/26/2014They have an awesome pixie fixie menu, get it with the wine pairing, it's superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatsyDined on 9/26/2014After dining at your restaurant 35 years ago I decided to try it again. It was better than I remember the food was great! It was so good that my husband and I went back before our vacation ended. If the Top of Waikiki was closer my husband and I would dine there every week. If we ever journey back to Hawaii it will be our first place to dine. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of Wakiki is one of the best!GreatChoiceDined on 9/25/2014We are in Hawaii celebrating a friend's special birthday. Our experience at The Top of Wakiki was a remarkable one. The food was delicious. The service was impeccable. The ambiance was conducive to creating a most memorable occasion. We loved being at The Top of Wakiki. We plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View, Terrible ServiceDisappointedDined on 9/25/2014We were celebrating our honeymoon and had planned to go all out for this dinner. We even found a coupon for a free appetizer which was an added bonus. I handed our server our free appetizer coupon, and I think that's where we went wrong. It's like something went off in his head and we were no longer worth his time. Immediately he warns us that we need to purchase an entree to get the appetizer for free. Yes, we're here for dinner; we plan on purchasing two entrees. He took my dinner order and walked away from the table before my husband could order. I'm not sure where he got the idea we were sharing an entree. Lastly, our espresso and sambuca came out a good 5-10 minutes after we finished. Would have been nice to have with dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with a viewOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 9/24/2014We were celebrating our 40th anniversary so the hostess found us a perfect table by the rail. As soon as our server came to the table she wished us a happy anniversary and we had a delicious complimentary dessert at the end. Food eas excellent as were the drinks. An enjoyable evening and the view was spectacular.Special Features: