Top of Waikiki
2270 Kalakaua Avenue, 18th Floor
Honolulu, HI 96815Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Top of Waikiki
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://topofwaikiki.com/
- Phone: (808) 923-3877
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 5:00pm-9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: John Neff
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Top of Waikiki
Enjoy Hawaii"s only revolving restaurant. Whether it's a view of the city or a view of Waikiki Beach, one thing remains constant - our award winning Pacific Fusion cuisine will give your palate a delight it will never forget. Centrally located in Waikiki. FREE validated parking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Top of Waikiki - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
Top of Waikiki reviews from OpenTable diners
230 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (201)special occasion (142)romantic (132)fit for foodies (52)good for groups (38)hot spot (38)vibrant bar scene (36)notable wine list (35)late-night find (27)neighborhood gem (23)kid-friendly (15)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Our waitress was Awesome.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2014Mai-ling took great care of us! Everything was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Choice for Restaurant WeekSooStylishDined on 11/22/2014My girlfriend and I were trying to think of a place to go for Restaurant week, the prefix menu at Top of Waikiki immediately appealed to us. It was their standard prefix meal at a discounted price. What we got was definitely worth more than what we paid. Ambience was good with the exception of children running around. It is pretty neat that the restaurant rotates so all dinners get the best view at least once during their meal. We were enjoying ourselves so much we ended up seeing the best view twice. Food was very tasty and just enough of a portion to make us full. My favorite was the pork tenderloin. It was very moist and flavorful. And the chresemble for dessert was a slice of heaven. For me cheesecake can feel heavy but this one while it had the same texture as standard cheesecake felt light and airy when you bit info it. Wine pairing for each course was overall allright. I was disappointed with the pilot grigio paired with the scallop amuse busche. Service was attentive but not annoying. Our waiter Ryan kept our glasses full and food coming at a nice pace. He also was funny and made very good small talk. Parking was free with validation at the restaurant which is rare in Waikiki. If you are in Waikiki it is definitely worth it dine their once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantShaunAndMissyDined on 11/22/2014This restaurant offers a great view of the ocean and Waikiki. The restaurant rotates 360 degrees over the course of an hour, so there is no bad seat in the place. We went for Restaurant Week and absolutely loved their menu! Choose from the wine list as the cocktails could be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must GoHeegsDined on 11/21/2014The scenic view at the Top of Waikiki was amazing. It was a neat experience to get a different view every second. The restaurant makes a 360 degree turn every hour. You can't even tell or feel you're moving. Our server (I wish I got his name) provided excellent service. He checked up on my boyfriend and I frequently to make sure we were enjoying our food and drinks. The food was amazing. I especially loved the Korean style poke and corn chowder. Thumbs up! That was a great, memorable experience. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant week deal!dine2wineDined on 11/21/2014We took advantage of the Restaurant Week deal and was pleasantly surprised. Overall, we had a good experience at the Top of Waikiki. There was no wait and we were seated right away. The view was amazing and included a spectacular sunset. Took some time to get use to the revolving but eventually we didn't even notice we went around several times. One point of error was when I attempted to order a glass of the Duckhorn by Decoy Cabernet Sauvignon and the waiter responded "oh Double D"? I thought that was a short hand for Duckhorn Decoy. But I was mistakenly given the Double D cocktail! It was quickly fixed but that left me a little bewildered. We all ordered the four course meal with the wine pairings. The waiter kindly substituted the first course for our friend who dislikes seafood and was given a delicious chowder. Our scallops were very tasteful and went so well with the wine. The pork loins were excellent and well complimented with the fruits. And the Pinot Noir pairing was right on point. This was probably my favorite course of the night! Third course was quite small and average tasting. I actually hoped there was more veggies. The cabernet sauvignon pour for course three was very savory and I really liked it. Lastly, the cheesecake was to die for! Loved it and the wine pairing! The dinner was well worth the money we paid and the ambiance was a bonus. Our waiter was also kind enough to "split" our tab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayBoyVIPDined on 11/20/2014Skip Alan Wong's and go to Top of Waikiki. The food is MUCH better, the neighborhood is nicer, and the parking is validated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two Way DuckOneWayHappyDined on 11/20/2014When I select an item from a restuarant i try something i have never ordered before. with this entree the hind qrtr was fantastic, however the sliced duck was tough and unedible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice viewlillyDined on 11/20/2014in other restaurant, a water was free. but it was charged here. a server was little bit pushy. there was nice night view, and a lobstar was very good .Special Features:
- A must!palsal38VIPDined on 11/19/2014Food, service, ambiance divine! Went during restaurant week and were totally pleased with everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeNatalieDined on 11/15/2014Went for a birthday dinner with my husband. The view was amazing, the waitress was very friendly and explained and answer questions very good. The was delicious. Not too expensive but still enough to get full. Me and my husband enjoyed the evening and definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014The view was great, as were the food and drinks. We arrived at the end of happy hour, so the bar service was a bit slow in the beginning, but that improved quickly. Dinner was delicious. They have 2 happy hours, 5-7 and 9-11. When we went back to the bar after dinner we enjoyed a late happy hour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and beautiful view!NuuanuResDined on 11/15/2014The food here is SO GREAT. I will come again, guaranteed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It took over an hour for surf & turf and a steak.1234567891234567891234567Dined on 11/14/2014We had a reservation and still had to wait 15min to be seated. Once we were showed to our seats I noticed that there was plenty of open tables and clearly no need for the wait. I ordered as soon as we sat down and it took over an hour for our food to be served, our waitress came over to our table twice during the wait. I was bitten by a spider while waiting and my forearm had some swelling which added to the overall experience. If it wasn't for my wife there wouldnt have been a tip, I still feel it wasn't deserved. Overall I will not be recommending your establishment to anyone.
- That Special Only-in-Hawaii ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014This dinner was a special "five-o" celebration for my wife. The restaurant had did have our table at a spot that gave us a beautiful, well-timed view of the sunset over the waikiki beach area. I would have preferred a seat by the railing, still the view was postcard beautiful. We didn't feel rushed. The food was nicely plated. It was just right for the two of us. The service at the bar and throughout the night was beyond excellent. Our thanks (mahalo nui loa) to all the staff and the manager(s) who helped to make a beautiful spot into what is now our memory of that special only-in-oahu-hawaii birthday experience on the "Top of Waikiki."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerluvtodineDined on 11/11/2014We had a nice experience and enjoyable dinner. The waiter was prompt after a slow start and the cocktail hour was a delight. Our guests haven't been here for many years and was amazed on how much they had forgotten and missed. Love the convenience of reserving a table.Special Features:
- Happy WifevolcanomanVIPDined on 11/11/2014My food was great, the ribs melted off the bone and my filet was great too, but my wife....she was amazed by how awesome everything was. Our waiter recommended the Orange and Lilikoi Bang because she did not want to get tipsy and it is now her favorite drink. She tried a few appetizers with a side of rice. She is Japanese and very critical of restaurants based on the rice, and she said that it was the best rice she had ever tasted in Hawaii. I had never heard her say that before....it is the highest amount of praise she has give to any place ever. Thank you for a great meal...her birthday is coming up and we will be back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Dinnerfonzie56Dined on 11/8/2014We had such a wonderful time with our server, Brittany! She checked up on us whenever we were just about done with the previous dish. We did 2 appetizers, a salad and one entrée with its side. We still had left overs to take home!!! The chorizo nachos was nothing like I've ever tasted before. The calamari (only $8) was overflowing in its dish, and the aioli sauce was a great complement to the legs and rings. We shared a pear salad, and ended the evening with the ribeye and the bacon/asiago mashed potatoes....do die for. Even my baby had his share and enjoyed it too! Looking forward to the next trip there. Just be mindful of the ongoing renovations and all will be okay!Special Features:
- EhFoodguruDined on 11/8/2014The view was amazing and it was cool that the floor revolved. However the food was just okay and the portions were tiny for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love2eatDined on 11/6/2014food good but not great, however worth the atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful night outhoneymoonerDined on 11/4/2014This was a great dining experience for us. We were worried after reading mixed reviews but we couldn't have been happier. You pay a little extra but receive great quality food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt rushedCelebratingVIPDined on 11/4/2014Food and view was good. Happy hour was good also. But in and out within an hour, to fast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing service and viewsHawaiianRachDined on 11/4/2014We booked a special birthday table for 9 people and were totally amazed by the outstanding service, food, drinks and the most incredible views. We had a table right beside the window and got to really appreciate the revolving views while dining in luxury. Definitely recommend !!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014We we're recommended the crab cake and it was full of flavour and cooked perfectly. For the main we had the surf and turf, the steak was cooked a perfect medium, juicy and full of flavour and the lobster was again cooked perfectly and sweet. For dessert the lemon cheesecake was divine.Special Features:
- Great views and good servicekaimukimomVIPDined on 11/1/2014The food was good, but I expected great. The happy hour food was only ok except for the calamari which was nicely cooked and battered. I enjoyed my pear salad and corn chowder. My daughter's filet was tender but not very flavorful.Special Features:
- JennyVIPDined on 11/1/2014We paid in cash and expected to receive change for that. The waiter never asked us if we need changes or not. He just gave us a validated parking ticket without saying "Thank you". Tip was more than 25% and that was very rude and greedy to take all money.Special Features:
- Love it!MildDined on 10/25/2014Went there for our anniversary, view was great and the food was great! I had the Filet Mignon, probably one of the best steak I ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rotating restaurantfood12345Dined on 10/24/2014Very slow rotation. You get about one full rotation during a complete dinner. Dinner portions were very small considering the price and with the surf and turf you pay for only half of a lobster tail and not a full one....and this isn't a real sized lobster either (im from Nova Scotia). We had a 3 course meal and still could have gone for a burger after. Food was good though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice viewPurawWaveDined on 10/24/2014Rotating restaurant provides 360 degree views of Waikiki. High prices, but good food. Wore long pants/dress and closed-toe shoes but many customers were in shorts and slippers. Nice service and ambiance.Special Features:
- DisappointingTx1rDined on 10/23/2014Food cold. Service slow and unprofessional, as if the view makes up for everything that is wrong. And there is plenty wrong! They should close the restaurant and make it an observation tower with a small uncomplicated bar because I do not think they could get a Bar right either. Very lazy and the attitude is 'don't care'.Special Features:
- Great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Food and service great and reasonably priced. Disappointed you couldn't actually see sunset due to surrounding buildings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dnidisDined on 10/21/2014Food was excellent and service was impeccable! Nicholas was the best server we had in a long time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!Luv2eatDined on 10/16/2014Revolving 18 stories in the air, panoramic views of both sea and city, sunset and city lights at night, provide a most romantic setting. Highly recommend this place as a must stop for dinner while in Waikiki.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of WaikikimelbaellenDined on 10/15/2014We ate there the last night in Waikiki. The food was excellent and the service was attentive. It is a very busy, slightly crowded place, but fun for special occasions. It is being remodeled, so there is some construction at the escalator, but it did not effect the service or the food. Worth it.Special Features:
- Over sold on foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014The portion of food I was sold on was to small. Lobster could have been a crawfish as small as it was. My meat was rare instead of well done, so to correct the issue my meat was just placed back in the oven/microwave. You don't have to worry about me coming back again neither will recommend to anyone.Special Features:
- Ok placesmily129Dined on 10/11/2014Having been to sky bars all around the world, this one wasn't as impressive. The windows weren't very clear to see thru. The food was well...I am only basing this on their happy hour. ... it left me expecting more. Happy hour is sometimes the best way to get a small taste of what else they have, in my opinion of course. And after trying a couple of the small plates we weren't really interested in seeing what else they had. But their fries were wonderful and perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy hourOnofoodsDined on 10/10/2014Great place for happy hour. Enjoyed the garlic fries. Would definitely come back to try other foods. Great place . Mahalo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner for twodinner42Dined on 10/9/2014dinner was great, the prices were average and less than expected, the dress code is not as formal as it sounds in advertising very nice place awesome views and mango coloda to die for!!Special Features:
- Shining StarFrenchbreadVIPDined on 10/7/2014This restaurant is a gem for sure. The service and the food are consistently outstanding. I do wish, however, that there were "family sections" so that a screaming child cannot spoil the meal for a couple wanting a nice, quiet, romantic evening. This diner does not spending $$$ on meals where the entertainment is a baby crying!Special Features:
- Great viewFoodNwineDined on 10/6/2014View is good. A little loud when at full capacity. Waitress spilled drinks on me and said her bad(that was all). Waitress was not framilure with the wine pairings. Food was unique and very good. One of the wines was not good(multiple people agreed) and manger replaced it with a wine she suggested. Overall a little pricey but great food with a view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!HoneymoonersDined on 10/4/2014Great place to go, very friendly staff - made us feel at ease and very welcoming. Went through the menu and recommended dishes.Special Features: