Top of Waikiki
2270 Kalakaua Avenue, 18th Floor
Honolulu, HI 96815Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Top of Waikiki
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://topofwaikiki.com/
- Phone: 8089233877
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 5:00pm-9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: John Neff
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Top of Waikiki
Enjoy Hawaii"s only revolving restaurant. Whether it's a view of the city or a view of Waikiki Beach, one thing remains constant - our award winning Pacific Fusion cuisine will give your palate a delight it will never forget. Centrally located in Waikiki. FREE validated parking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Top of Waikiki - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
Top of Waikiki reviews from OpenTable diners
282 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (251)special occasion (181)romantic (165)fit for foodies (51)hot spot (46)notable wine list (42)good for groups (38)vibrant bar scene (29)late-night find (26)neighborhood gem (19)kid-friendly (18)great for lunch (9)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- good placeenrique14Dined on 9/16/2014restaurant with a good menu entry very good prime rib selecion cocktails and wonderful wines plus a very good care of the selection is important maine lobster and excellent preparation all very fresh and fast in serving generous portions table recommended and especially the book is important as all good restaurants in waikikiSpecial Features:
- Restaraunt is dated.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014The had a high end menu, with high end prices. But the restaraunt is dated, not very clean as you would expect. Small things, silverware, place settings dull knives are not things that should be noticed at such a Restaraunt.Special Features:
- If it wasn't for the poor service..OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Food was great. View was good aside crime the construction, would recommend going around sunset. But this isn't a place I would visit on a regular because of the poor service. From deep sighs when asking for a change of drink to sliding silverware across the table. If you are a tourist I say try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerCassieDined on 9/14/2014My husband and I decided to go here for our anniversary dinner and boy were we amazed!! The staff was great, the food was great and they even made it a point to tell us happy anniversary ever chance they got. This dinner was the highlight of our trip and we would recommend it to anyone who comes to visit Wikiki!Special Features:
- top notchJandBVIPDined on 9/14/2014The food was very good and the view was spectacular. We enjoyed the steak and the fish of the day. Sunset time is a wow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy NiteFredHIDined on 9/13/2014We were seated next to the bar on the 2nd level dining and the bar crowd was impacting our experience.. Our waiter and the staff were accommodating and moved us to a much more enjoyable location and from there our experience was much better. The staff made all the difference.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Great food, great service, great view! For starters, we ordered a Caesar salad and guava bbq ribs. Delicious! For entrees, I had the filet mignon with sautéed mushrooms, while hubby had the cioppino. Excellent choices! It was busy and though we arrived early, they seated us in minutes. We got there before 6:00pm and the sun was blinding, but the view was incredible! We were seeing Lee Ritenour in concert next door at the Beachcomber so the timing and location was perfect. BTW, parking was free in the Waikiki Business Plaza with the restaurant validation and we could leave our car in their clean, well-lit lot until midnight.Special Features:
- Double CheckingCiscoMDined on 9/12/2014Great atmosphere, nice view. Only issue I'd say i had was service started out great, but me and my group felt deserted afterwards, the wait for food after appetizers was approxitmitley an hour an hour and 15min. Other than that it was a great experience and I would still recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Good foodTopsDined on 9/11/2014Great location! I had the pork chop and my wife had the fishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but not a great value.DantasticDined on 9/10/2014Everything was very nice, ambiance, food, and service. However, in my opinion, VERY expensive. Plan on at least $100 per person. The view is wonderful, especially at sundown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thx kiara!mazzyDined on 9/9/2014Thank u for ur good smile and kindly service. And good location, good nightview, dericious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014We were seated on time. The server was knowledgeable on menu and made recommendations. Food was excellent (nachos, pork, duck confit, and mashed potatoes).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Wonderful evening for our wedding anniversary,memorable evening,service was exceptional good,just a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular ExperienceOc6283VIPDined on 9/7/2014Celebrated my sisters 30th bday here. It was wonderful. Matt was a great server and made the evening so much fun. The view was amazing and worth the hype. Lobster and steak was great and so were the salads. We had a great time. Thanks ToW! See you next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the Happy Hour, skip the dinnerLove2DineVIPDined on 9/7/2014This place needs a full renovation. Very old, the ceiling where you get onto the escalator to get to restaurant is falling down, etc. We had dinner here but noticed that everyone else went to bar for HH items, smart people. Our food was OK, both had filet mignon and cold mashed potatoes, certainly no where close to being great. I indicated that it's our 10 year anniversary when I booked reservation months ago, but zero acknowledgement by restaurant. And when we asked server how large the lobster tail is and filet, she had no idea and admitted that she should know this....its a great view from up there so go have a drink and look out, but there are far better restaurants to spend your money at while in Waikiki.Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/6/2014Fantastic views, service, drinks, and food! Can't wait to return again!Special Features:
- Unique vista, great food & service!BillMDined on 9/6/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Top of Waikiki immensely. There is some minor construction as you get off the elevator on the 19th floor, but don't be concerned; when you take the escalators up to the restaurant, it's quite nice. We arrived early for our reservations, so took a small table at the bar level and enjoyed a cocktail and some calamari. The hostess took us to our table right at our reservation time. Food was excellent; they have a very nice steak and seafood menu, but don't overlook some of their pasta dishes. Servers at the bar and the table were extremely friendly and efficient. We had been told it was pricey, and while it's not cheap, we were pleasantly surprised by a bill of about $115 for two including bar tab.Special Features:
- unique views great foodJandBVIPDined on 9/5/2014We were looking for an different dining option and Top of Waikiki was it. Getting 360 view of downtown Waikiki while dining on some very good beef filet minion was fun. Everyone's meal was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedUnknownDined on 9/4/2014They are remodeling, the restaurant is a great idea, the food was fair, not worth the price. We had a reservation for when they opened and still had to wait 15 minutes to be seated. It was our ten year anniversary and looking back should have went somewhere else. Not a great valueSpecial Features:
- Fantastic view,great foodCossieguyDined on 9/3/2014We had a fantastic expierence. Top waiter ,manager who cares for his guests,great food and a view that is sublime. Not cheap but well worth it! Go with your loved one for a superb nightSpecial Features:
- Great ServiceCjb6685Dined on 9/2/2014Nick at the bar was great!!! Knew some great drinks and very friendly. Quick even though they were short a server that day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion VenueDaisy18Dined on 9/1/2014The staff is polished and professional making "welcome" the main word. The menu is interesting and our Mongchong was well prepared and tasty. The portions were small to medium. The champagne was remarkable! Great desserts. Overall, it was a special outing for a special occasion. It is pricey. Once in a while, this is a great place to dine. Looks like a great happy hour opportunity. Recommend.Special Features:
- WonderfulKailuaFamilyDined on 8/31/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Top of Waikiki. We had a late dinner, around 9 PM. The view was magnificent, the food was very good and the service was friendly. We are Hawaii residents who have lived here for over 20 years and this is the first time we tried this restaurant. Can't believe we waited this long. We will be back! We highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Tinatinamarie1908Dined on 8/31/2014I got kinda of dizzy sitting backwards while eating and drinking. I thought the food was good but overpriced compared to the taste. The sever was nice but kinda slow. I only got one roll and they never came back. They took our picture, which came out blurry then tired to sell it to us for 20 bucks. I had a cheaper dinner at Hula Grill that was better. The food was not as hot as I wanted. Overall it was just okay. It's cool for the experience but that's it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of WaikikiMountaineerDined on 8/31/2014My girlfriend and I went to Top of Waikiki for our one year dating anniversary. I was expecting beautiful views and pricey food that probably wouldn't be worth the price. I got the beautiful views and the pricey food. Our bill was $150 and could have easily been more if we didn't have a coupon for our appetizer. We also only ordered one drink each. BUT, I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food. My pork chop was delicious, and my girlfriend's pasta dish was excellent as well. I don't mind dropping a little more for a special occasion if the food and atmosphere are deserving of the extra price tag. I knew I'd get a good atmosphere at Top of Waikiki. I was also pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- badexperienceDined on 8/31/2014Absolutely wonderful. The food is better than ever and really good, the service is grand and the view is unbeatable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewUsmcQDined on 8/30/2014Walking up to the top I was worried cause of the construction but the raining area was very nice. Food was good and service was prompt and quick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite restaurant in HawaiiHopefaithloveDined on 8/30/2014Absolutely loved this place the good was great the sever was awesome, a place where I plan on coming back to with family and definitely recommending it to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service with a great viewNickisdabestDined on 8/30/2014The view is great and our server Nick is the best in the business! Food was good and the atmosphere was perfect for our romantic date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special occasion!nyctodc520Dined on 8/29/2014My parents and I just traveled to Waikiki and I was looking for a nice restaurant, away from touristy spots, chain restaurants and sports bars, to celebrate my mom's birthday. A friend who has lived in Waikiki for the past year recommended Top of Waikiki for the occasion. When my parents and I arrived at the restaurant, we were an hour early but the restaurant happily accommodated our early arrival. Our server, Cris, and assistant server, Brittany, took exceptional care of us the entire night. The views were incredible, and one of the hotels on the beach does fireworks on Tuesday/Friday nights at 7:30 PM - can't beat it! The portions were extremely generous and the food exceeded our expectations. The drinks were also great. Great spot!Special Features:
- Very Good ExperienceKonaBlakeDined on 8/26/2014Admittedly we did not have high expectations for this place. We figured it would be all gimmick. We were very much surprised by the quality of food and exceptional service. And the gimmick was kind of cool as well. Nice evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/25/2014Very good food that was well presented . Good views over Waikiki. Would highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Rememberable EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014The view from the restaurant was amazing. I looked through the window almost the entire dinner. The food was good, not mind-blowing, but good. I enjoyed the non-alchohlaic lilikoi beverage the most. The service was very polite and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ViewFoodieDined on 8/23/2014The view was amazing. That's pretty much where it begins & ends. The decor of the interior needs updating it seems to be stuck in the 70's. The food and bar drinks were OK but not spectacular. For the price of the food there are plenty of other better options in Waikiki to spend your time & money.Special Features:
- service from waiter stafflrobDined on 8/22/2014The coctails were pour for the night, service from our main waiter was as if he was tired and couldn't waitlloyd to get home all other staff were great. Earlier dinner is best to prevent a lot of noise and actiity from happy hour patrons at 9.30pm, spoils the occasson.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeadelinaDined on 8/22/2014My husband and I came here for a honeymoon dinner. Great choice! The food was really good and the view was amazing. It's a bit pricey depending on what you order but we where satisfied with our meals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MY reviewCHICAGOLOVEDined on 8/20/2014Food is good , but not much if it. VIew is great, don't drink too much, floor already moving. BUt why take my word find out for yourselfSpecial Features:
- One to rememberSalishgurl009Dined on 8/20/2014The idea of a having dinner while looking over the city and beach is an experience i will never forget This spot is the ultimate place for a special occasion would recommend a must do in WaikikiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food, Spectacular viewOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/19/2014The Arare Crusted Omaha is TO DIE FOR!!! Generous filet of onaga. Moist and flavorful! The Abubu Arare adds a light, crunchy texture to the onaga that pops in you mouth. Beautiful night view of Honolulu from Ewa to Diamond Head, Manoa Valley to Waikiki Beach!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a keeperNiteoutDined on 8/19/2014This is my second visit and I was very happy with the service and the food. This will be on my list to return to for any occasion.Special Features: