Top of Waikiki
2270 Kalakaua Avenue, 18th Floor
Honolulu, HI 96815Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Top of Waikiki
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://topofwaikiki.com/
- Phone: 8089233877x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 5:00pm-9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: John Neff
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Top of Waikiki
Enjoy Hawaii"s only revolving restaurant. Whether it's a view of the city or a view of Waikiki Beach, one thing remains constant - our award winning Pacific Fusion cuisine will give your palate a delight it will never forget. Centrally located in Waikiki. FREE validated parking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Top of Waikiki - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
Top of Waikiki reviews from OpenTable diners
272 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (244)special occasion (183)romantic (159)fit for foodies (47)notable wine list (46)hot spot (42)good for groups (41)vibrant bar scene (28)late-night find (27)neighborhood gem (18)kid-friendly (14)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Top of Waikiki. We had a late dinner, around 9 PM. The view was magnificent, the food was very good and the service was friendly. We are Hawaii residents who have lived here for over 20 years and this is the first time we tried this restaurant. Can't believe we waited this long. We will be back! We highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Top of WaikikiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014My girlfriend and I went to Top of Waikiki for our one year dating anniversary. I was expecting beautiful views and pricey food that probably wouldn't be worth the price. I got the beautiful views and the pricey food. Our bill was $150 and could have easily been more if we didn't have a coupon for our appetizer. We also only ordered one drink each. BUT, I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food. My pork chop was delicious, and my girlfriend's pasta dish was excellent as well. I don't mind dropping a little more for a special occasion if the food and atmosphere are deserving of the extra price tag. I knew I'd get a good atmosphere at Top of Waikiki. I was also pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Walking up to the top I was worried cause of the construction but the raining area was very nice. Food was good and service was prompt and quick.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service with a great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The view is great and our server Nick is the best in the business! Food was good and the atmosphere was perfect for our romantic date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special occasion!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014My parents and I just traveled to Waikiki and I was looking for a nice restaurant, away from touristy spots, chain restaurants and sports bars, to celebrate my mom's birthday. A friend who has lived in Waikiki for the past year recommended Top of Waikiki for the occasion. When my parents and I arrived at the restaurant, we were an hour early but the restaurant happily accommodated our early arrival. Our server, Cris, and assistant server, Brittany, took exceptional care of us the entire night. The views were incredible, and one of the hotels on the beach does fireworks on Tuesday/Friday nights at 7:30 PM - can't beat it! The portions were extremely generous and the food exceeded our expectations. The drinks were also great. Great spot!Special Features:
- Very Good ExperienceKonaBlakeDined on 8/26/2014Admittedly we did not have high expectations for this place. We figured it would be all gimmick. We were very much surprised by the quality of food and exceptional service. And the gimmick was kind of cool as well. Nice evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/25/2014Very good food that was well presented . Good views over Waikiki. Would highly recommendSpecial Features:
- Rememberable EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014The view from the restaurant was amazing. I looked through the window almost the entire dinner. The food was good, not mind-blowing, but good. I enjoyed the non-alchohlaic lilikoi beverage the most. The service was very polite and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service from waiter stafflrobDined on 8/22/2014The coctails were pour for the night, service from our main waiter was as if he was tired and couldn't waitlloyd to get home all other staff were great. Earlier dinner is best to prevent a lot of noise and actiity from happy hour patrons at 9.30pm, spoils the occasson.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeadelinaDined on 8/22/2014My husband and I came here for a honeymoon dinner. Great choice! The food was really good and the view was amazing. It's a bit pricey depending on what you order but we where satisfied with our meals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MY reviewCHICAGOLOVEDined on 8/20/2014Food is good , but not much if it. VIew is great, don't drink too much, floor already moving. BUt why take my word find out for yourselfSpecial Features:
- One to rememberSalishgurl009Dined on 8/20/2014The idea of a having dinner while looking over the city and beach is an experience i will never forget This spot is the ultimate place for a special occasion would recommend a must do in WaikikiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food, Spectacular viewOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/19/2014The Arare Crusted Omaha is TO DIE FOR!!! Generous filet of onaga. Moist and flavorful! The Abubu Arare adds a light, crunchy texture to the onaga that pops in you mouth. Beautiful night view of Honolulu from Ewa to Diamond Head, Manoa Valley to Waikiki Beach!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a keeperNiteoutDined on 8/19/2014This is my second visit and I was very happy with the service and the food. This will be on my list to return to for any occasion.Special Features:
- Unbelievable viewMelishurls127Dined on 8/18/2014Food was great, service wonderful and friendly and the view is spectacular! Great value and priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our experienceWAgrannyDined on 8/18/2014I took my granddaughter there. We had a good experience. I appreciated the children's menu options, which were pretty inexpensive. My shrimp and pasta were delicious. The waiters were helpful and attentive.Special Features:
- Could have been greatOahuFamDined on 8/17/2014Wanted to love it but it missed expectations. Upon seating, no explanation of how long it takes restaurant to revolve. Server was either assigned too many tables or occupied with other diners, our child's order though placed first did not arrive until 30 minutes until ours did so we had to send our food back to keep warm. Also while advertised as tempura chicken, it very easily looked and tasted like frozen nuggets from the grocery store. Adult apps and entrees were underwhelming (tuna poke, fish taco, short ribs). We never had a chance to look at our photo... It was a very disappointing meal.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014Enjoyed the dinner celebration with my family. The short ribs were awesome. My steak was a little tough. Next time I will get the short ribs. Our waiter was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Great service and great food. Would highly recommend the scallop appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very expensive, very disappointedHopeingForMoreDined on 8/15/2014I have waited to go to Top of Waikiki for a long time. Having tasted food from all over, I wanted to try the "best of the best". I went for my boyfriends birthday dinner, and I had surprised him with reservations. The mood and aesthetic atmosphere of the place was amazing, but it left a lot to be desired. The butter and bread was amazing, the wine was perfect, and the view was breath taking. But the portions were VERY small. The "mashed potatoes with potato chips" was terrible. It tasted like instant potatoes! For something claiming to be the best of the best, I left hungry and disappointed. I also had to grab the waiter a few times for simple things, like butter for the bread, refills, and the check. I would not go back again.Special Features:
- greatmoose808Dined on 8/15/2014food was very flavorful and the service was excellent. heads-up: it's best to order the appetizer to go with your entree, as the entrees maybe smaller than what most are used to. however, think in terms more of higher quality instead of piles of lower-quality food. again, service was excellent and they really make an effort to "go above and beyond."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Scenefun2noDined on 8/15/2014The scenery cannot be better than from the Top of Waikiki. I had not been to the restaurant in about six years. The wait staff informed me that the menu was new. One of the appetizers we had was the scallops. It was a little rubbery and disappointing The pan-seared ahi was cooked perfectly. That being said, none of what we ate was exceptional. If I return to Top of Waikiki in the future, it will probably be only for cocktails and to enjoy the view. The staff is exceptional. They are attentive, accommodating and informative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice evening to finish stay inOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/15/2014Came here to close out our vacation in Oahu. also celebrating a birthday. Nicely done meals, a bit too exotic for our girls 14,12, 9 though. They were easily satisfied with just fettucini alfredo. Pork chop and duck were excellent.
- Breathtaking viewsGsfeirDined on 8/14/2014Our daughter and son-in-law ate here during their honeymoon and recommended we do the same. We arrived around 5:45 and enjoyed seeing the views as the sun was beginning set. The ambiance, food, drinks and service were all excellent. We are so glad we ended our vacation with this wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okmissausDined on 8/12/2014Fantastic view, enjoyed the novelty of the rotating room. However, the service was slow, the waiters were the least friendly we had over our holiday. They seemed more intent on pleasing other customers over ourselves as my partener and I were one of the youngest couples in the room. The food was enjoyable.Special Features:
- Don't missDesertRatDined on 8/12/2014Food, service and views were spectacular. A bit pricey but worth every bit! Try to time your visit for sunset! Great date night!Special Features:
- great service blaaaa foodjennyjoDined on 8/11/2014My husband and I visited the restaurant for our 16th anniversary. We were very disappointed with the food (it was not terrible but definitely not delicious or worth the high prices) The service was great and the view was good.Special Features:
- Awesome placeVelvetnoise07Dined on 8/9/2014Great food, service, and scenery. A little pricey but way worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place to dine in WaikikiTeamBrownDined on 8/9/2014My friends from the mainland really enjoyed dining at the Top of Waikiki. They are going to recommend the Top of Waikiki to their friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visiting OahuKXR24Dined on 8/7/2014My husband and I were visiting Oahu and met up with a friend for dinner after some city exploring. We were worried that we were a little under dressed since we had been walking around all day, but we were treated wonderfully. There was a mixture of casual and special occasion there, and our server was friendly and knowledgable. The food and drinks were delicious and the view was incredible. We had a great time! If you're in town visiting, we definitely recommend coming here for the food, as well as the amazing city views that you will see as the restaurant slowly rotates.Special Features:
- SuperbPoppycleoDined on 8/6/2014We booked for a birthday celebration. The service and food was fantastic. The staff were friendly and attentive without being in your face every 5 minutes. The food portions were the perfect size and the taste and presentation were without fault. A fantastic dining experience. The price we paid was very reasonable as well. We would highly recommend.Special Features:
- 1st Anniversary CelebrationYoujewelDined on 8/5/2014We arrived early and were seated promptly. The service was great, food super delicious (enough for lunch next day :-) and over the top view! They gave us a special dessert w/candle to celebrate the occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, nice viewkmbOsakaniDined on 8/4/2014Basically a good dining experience. The food was very good and reasonably priced, I especially enjoyed the wasabi mashed potatoes and the short ribs. The view was not bad, but its not the best night view spot in Honolulu. A bit noisy inside, had trouble hearing my wife when we were talking, but to be expected from a popular tourist spot. Overall, we had a good time and would recommend it to others.Special Features:
- fun family experience.muzzaDined on 8/2/2014A unique dining experience for a family, and reasonably kid friendly. Nice views that would be good also for a romantic dinner :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic view!/busy and noisyCocoChannelDined on 8/1/2014The view was incredible along with nice food selections and wine lists. We went on a Friday night and it was extremely busy. Our waiter ended up barely tending to us. When our drinks were empty it took a long time for him to ask if we would like another cocktail. It seemed like they were understaffed because we could not get anyone else's attention to get a refill for our cocktails. All of the waiters seem to be rushing around to serve their tables. Nice ambiance because you got to see all of Waikiki at night from above, but service could have been much better for price of food.Special Features:
- 1timerDined on 7/30/2014Made the reservation on line and still had to wait 15 - 20 minutes for our table. Food was delicious but once it arrived we never saw the waiter again until it was time to leave. If you're hungry when you arrive, be prepared to have appetizers and desert because the entrées are so small it's ridiculous. The half lobster tail that came with the $45 surf and turf was smaller than my little finger and the steak was 4 bites. NO EXAGGERATION! Still enjoyed it for the view and the good friends. A one time experience only.Special Features:
- Great food and view, needs upgradeluvotDined on 7/29/2014Great food, great service, great view, but the the restaurantneeds to upgrade the facilities. My in-laws took us to TOW over 15 years ago and there seems to have been no investment in upkeep over the years. With some investment for a facelift the restaurant would improve across the board for customers and employees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceSusieQ69Dined on 7/28/2014Top of Waikiki gives guests a wonderful view of Honolulu, and it rotates 360 degrees once an hour, which is the perfect amount of time to enjoy all the food, have a wonderful dessert, and see the spectacular sunset and then fireworks going off over the water. The food is delicious, and there are a wide variety of items from which to choose. We also had a wonderful server who knew the menu and the wines. We'll definitely go back the next time we're on Oahu.Special Features:
- Fantastic Service & Stunning Views!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2014This was a wonderful evening. The service was outstanding a the views were absolutely incredible ...and the food was great too :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfriendly waiterDrRayDined on 7/26/2014Had t ask if their was a happy hour menu. Didn't discover that they also has a Happy Hour drink menu until noticed it on the way out. Food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.