Top of Waikiki
2270 Kalakaua Avenue, 18th Floor
Honolulu, HI 96815Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Top of Waikiki
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://topofwaikiki.com/
- Phone: 8089233877
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily 5:00pm-9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: John Neff
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Top of Waikiki
Enjoy Hawaii"s only revolving restaurant. Whether it's a view of the city or a view of Waikiki Beach, one thing remains constant - our award winning Pacific Fusion cuisine will give your palate a delight it will never forget. Centrally located in Waikiki. FREE validated parking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Top of Waikiki - Best Restaurants in Honolulu ›
Top of Waikiki reviews from OpenTable diners
267 reviews since June 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (237)special occasion (167)romantic (155)fit for foodies (56)hot spot (42)notable wine list (39)good for groups (38)vibrant bar scene (35)late-night find (23)neighborhood gem (21)kid-friendly (17)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (4)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/16/2014Revolving 18 stories in the air, panoramic views of both sea and city, sunset and city lights at night, provide a most romantic setting. Highly recommend this place as a must stop for dinner while in Waikiki.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of WaikikiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014We ate there the last night in Waikiki. The food was excellent and the service was attentive. It is a very busy, slightly crowded place, but fun for special occasions. It is being remodeled, so there is some construction at the escalator, but it did not effect the service or the food. Worth it.Special Features:
- Ok placesmily129Dined on 10/11/2014Having been to sky bars all around the world, this one wasn't as impressive. The windows weren't very clear to see thru. The food was well...I am only basing this on their happy hour. ... it left me expecting more. Happy hour is sometimes the best way to get a small taste of what else they have, in my opinion of course. And after trying a couple of the small plates we weren't really interested in seeing what else they had. But their fries were wonderful and perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy hourOnofoodsDined on 10/10/2014Great place for happy hour. Enjoyed the garlic fries. Would definitely come back to try other foods. Great place . Mahalo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner for twodinner42Dined on 10/9/2014dinner was great, the prices were average and less than expected, the dress code is not as formal as it sounds in advertising very nice place awesome views and mango coloda to die for!!Special Features:
- Shining StarFrenchbreadVIPDined on 10/7/2014This restaurant is a gem for sure. The service and the food are consistently outstanding. I do wish, however, that there were "family sections" so that a screaming child cannot spoil the meal for a couple wanting a nice, quiet, romantic evening. This diner does not spending $$$ on meals where the entertainment is a baby crying!Special Features:
- Great viewFoodNwineDined on 10/6/2014View is good. A little loud when at full capacity. Waitress spilled drinks on me and said her bad(that was all). Waitress was not framilure with the wine pairings. Food was unique and very good. One of the wines was not good(multiple people agreed) and manger replaced it with a wine she suggested. Overall a little pricey but great food with a view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MUCH MAHALO ....PLSDCUSTOMERDined on 10/2/2014MUCH MAHALO TO TAYLOR AND ALL TOP OF WAIKIKI STAFF WHO WERE VERY POLITE AND PLEASANT FROM THE WELCOME GREETING TO SERVICING OUR GROUP AT DINNER AND WHEN EXITING ....Special Features:
- Amazing place!Luv2eatDined on 9/29/2014I love the view, food was great, service just impeccable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 50th wedding anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Fantastic view, service, food and atmosphere. Thank you for making my parents 50th wedding anniversary dinner so special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissapointed.DissapointedDined on 9/28/2014I have been here a few times, always bring out of town guests...I always felt is was a great place to dress up and go to. Seems like it is very very casual now, we saw customers in tank tops,shorts and bathing suit tops for dinner! Service was just good, not first class, like you would expect and maybe the restaurant needs a face lift...Special Features:
- Only revolving restaurant on OahuFriendsDined on 9/27/2014After taking the grandchildren to the revolving restaurant at Calgary Tower in Calgary, decided to take them to the only revolving restaurant here. We went there for the Sunset Special (5 pm to 7pm) and then went to see John Hirokawa's Magic show, a short walk away. Top of Waikiki validated the parking until 11:45 pm, so it's a nice place for kamaainas to park, eat, and then enjoy the rest of Waikik.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great special eventdsghiDined on 9/26/2014They have an awesome pixie fixie menu, get it with the wine pairing, it's superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatsyDined on 9/26/2014After dining at your restaurant 35 years ago I decided to try it again. It was better than I remember the food was great! It was so good that my husband and I went back before our vacation ended. If the Top of Waikiki was closer my husband and I would dine there every week. If we ever journey back to Hawaii it will be our first place to dine. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of Wakiki is one of the best!GreatChoiceDined on 9/25/2014We are in Hawaii celebrating a friend's special birthday. Our experience at The Top of Wakiki was a remarkable one. The food was delicious. The service was impeccable. The ambiance was conducive to creating a most memorable occasion. We loved being at The Top of Wakiki. We plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View, Terrible ServiceDisappointedDined on 9/25/2014We were celebrating our honeymoon and had planned to go all out for this dinner. We even found a coupon for a free appetizer which was an added bonus. I handed our server our free appetizer coupon, and I think that's where we went wrong. It's like something went off in his head and we were no longer worth his time. Immediately he warns us that we need to purchase an entree to get the appetizer for free. Yes, we're here for dinner; we plan on purchasing two entrees. He took my dinner order and walked away from the table before my husband could order. I'm not sure where he got the idea we were sharing an entree. Lastly, our espresso and sambuca came out a good 5-10 minutes after we finished. Would have been nice to have with dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with a viewOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 9/24/2014We were celebrating our 40th anniversary so the hostess found us a perfect table by the rail. As soon as our server came to the table she wished us a happy anniversary and we had a delicious complimentary dessert at the end. Food eas excellent as were the drinks. An enjoyable evening and the view was spectacular.Special Features:
- Worthwhile dinner bookinghoneymoonersDined on 9/23/2014Such a beautiful setting to overlook Honolulu and Waikiki, really nice for a romantic dinner for 2 especially. The food was delicious and the staff were very friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This star keeps on shiningFrenchbreadVIPDined on 9/21/2014Once again we had a flawless evening at Top of Waikiki. Our server, Ryan, was charming, engaging and professional. The ginger encrusted mongchong is out of this world; served on a bed of won bok and mustard cabbage (napa and mustard cabbage mix) with a wasabi sauce. The signature salad is also a winner - mixed greens with pecans and a warm cheese springroll on top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than just a great viewVDayDinersDined on 9/20/2014As the only revolving restaurant in Waikiki it is a given that you would experience a great view but Top of Waikiki is much more than that. Even without the view diners would enjoy this restaurant just based on their wonderful staff and their great food. The view is just a bonus on top of everything else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Will not disappoint! The food was superb the views were just as equal. The sunset view did not disappoint will be back soon and definitely recommend.Special Features:
- good placeenrique14Dined on 9/16/2014restaurant with a good menu entry very good prime rib selecion cocktails and wonderful wines plus a very good care of the selection is important maine lobster and excellent preparation all very fresh and fast in serving generous portions table recommended and especially the book is important as all good restaurants in waikikiSpecial Features:
- Restaraunt is dated.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014The had a high end menu, with high end prices. But the restaraunt is dated, not very clean as you would expect. Small things, silverware, place settings dull knives are not things that should be noticed at such a Restaraunt.Special Features:
- If it wasn't for the poor service..OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Food was great. View was good aside crime the construction, would recommend going around sunset. But this isn't a place I would visit on a regular because of the poor service. From deep sighs when asking for a change of drink to sliding silverware across the table. If you are a tourist I say try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014Our family of seven had dinner at the Top of Waikiki on our vacation. It was a mediocre experience. You expect to pay high prices for dinner at these type of establishments. You also expect to receive what you pay for. My husband and I ordered the surf and turf. The steak had a good taste, however the portions were beyond small. The lobster tail was the size of a golf ball and had no flavor. All in all it was an average experience, nothing to brag about. When we left all we could say is we came, we tried, and won't be back. The views were lovely, but nothing you can't see from the higher levels of your hotel. I waited for the "WOW" factor the whole night. Save your money, eat steak and seafood elsewhere.
- Anniversary dinnerCassieDined on 9/14/2014My husband and I decided to go here for our anniversary dinner and boy were we amazed!! The staff was great, the food was great and they even made it a point to tell us happy anniversary ever chance they got. This dinner was the highlight of our trip and we would recommend it to anyone who comes to visit Wikiki!Special Features:
- top notchJandBVIPDined on 9/14/2014The food was very good and the view was spectacular. We enjoyed the steak and the fish of the day. Sunset time is a wow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy NiteFredHIDined on 9/13/2014We were seated next to the bar on the 2nd level dining and the bar crowd was impacting our experience.. Our waiter and the staff were accommodating and moved us to a much more enjoyable location and from there our experience was much better. The staff made all the difference.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Great food, great service, great view! For starters, we ordered a Caesar salad and guava bbq ribs. Delicious! For entrees, I had the filet mignon with sautéed mushrooms, while hubby had the cioppino. Excellent choices! It was busy and though we arrived early, they seated us in minutes. We got there before 6:00pm and the sun was blinding, but the view was incredible! We were seeing Lee Ritenour in concert next door at the Beachcomber so the timing and location was perfect. BTW, parking was free in the Waikiki Business Plaza with the restaurant validation and we could leave our car in their clean, well-lit lot until midnight.Special Features:
- Double CheckingCiscoMDined on 9/12/2014Great atmosphere, nice view. Only issue I'd say i had was service started out great, but me and my group felt deserted afterwards, the wait for food after appetizers was approxitmitley an hour an hour and 15min. Other than that it was a great experience and I would still recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Good foodTopsDined on 9/11/2014Great location! I had the pork chop and my wife had the fishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but not a great value.DantasticDined on 9/10/2014Everything was very nice, ambiance, food, and service. However, in my opinion, VERY expensive. Plan on at least $100 per person. The view is wonderful, especially at sundown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thx kiara!mazzyDined on 9/9/2014Thank u for ur good smile and kindly service. And good location, good nightview, dericious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014We were seated on time. The server was knowledgeable on menu and made recommendations. Food was excellent (nachos, pork, duck confit, and mashed potatoes).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Wonderful evening for our wedding anniversary,memorable evening,service was exceptional good,just a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular ExperienceOc6283VIPDined on 9/7/2014Celebrated my sisters 30th bday here. It was wonderful. Matt was a great server and made the evening so much fun. The view was amazing and worth the hype. Lobster and steak was great and so were the salads. We had a great time. Thanks ToW! See you next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the Happy Hour, skip the dinnerLove2DineVIPDined on 9/7/2014This place needs a full renovation. Very old, the ceiling where you get onto the escalator to get to restaurant is falling down, etc. We had dinner here but noticed that everyone else went to bar for HH items, smart people. Our food was OK, both had filet mignon and cold mashed potatoes, certainly no where close to being great. I indicated that it's our 10 year anniversary when I booked reservation months ago, but zero acknowledgement by restaurant. And when we asked server how large the lobster tail is and filet, she had no idea and admitted that she should know this....its a great view from up there so go have a drink and look out, but there are far better restaurants to spend your money at while in Waikiki.Special Features:
- Great View, Good Food, Poor ServiceFoodieJudyDined on 9/6/2014You go to a restaurant like this for the novelty of a rotating view. It did not disappoint. The food was tasty and reasonably priced for the view. I had a full sized lobster for $50.00. The service, however, was terrible. The waitress didn't bring our drinks until after the appetizer was served. Eating a messy dish like a full lobster, she didn't bring me the correct utensils or extra towels. And every request was slow to receive. The service was so slow a couple actually left their table. 10ish minutes passed before we heard the waitress asking the bus boy. Did that couple leave? We laughed. It was ridiculous. Fortunately we weren't in a hurry. I highly recommend retraining of their wait staff. We would be more likely to return.Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/6/2014Fantastic views, service, drinks, and food! Can't wait to return again!Special Features:
- Unique vista, great food & service!BillMDined on 9/6/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Top of Waikiki immensely. There is some minor construction as you get off the elevator on the 19th floor, but don't be concerned; when you take the escalators up to the restaurant, it's quite nice. We arrived early for our reservations, so took a small table at the bar level and enjoyed a cocktail and some calamari. The hostess took us to our table right at our reservation time. Food was excellent; they have a very nice steak and seafood menu, but don't overlook some of their pasta dishes. Servers at the bar and the table were extremely friendly and efficient. We had been told it was pricey, and while it's not cheap, we were pleasantly surprised by a bill of about $115 for two including bar tab.Special Features: