Top of Vancouver Revolving Restaurant
555 West Hastings Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 4N6Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Top of Vancouver Revolving Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.topofvancouver.com/
- Phone: 6046692220x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Appetizers and Drinks: Monday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
**For groups of 13 people or more, please contact the restaurant directly.**
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, International
- Executive Chef: Mr. Joe Wong
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Looking to show your staff a good time? Trying to impress clients? Top of Vancouver offers buyouts for larger groups during the holiday season. We offer great 3 course meals, or buffets for groups of 100 or more. Cocktail parties are also welcome. Dates are filling up fast!
- Private Party Contact: Jon Yacoub 6046692220x
A word from Top of Vancouver Revolving Restaurant
Come dine at 553 feet! A stunning combination of great food and a magical panoramic view. Together it"s what makes us famous!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Top of Vancouver Revolving Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Top of Vancouver Revolving Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
186 reviews since May 17, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (164)special occasion (131)romantic (99)fit for foodies (24)good for groups (22)late-night find (22)great for lunch (20)hot spot (17)notable wine list (16)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (12)great for outdoor dining (11)neighborhood gem (9)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Great View, Decent VireOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014This restaurant is great for mostly one thing - the view. I went for a birthday lunch with my partner, and they were very accommodating; they even brought a cake out for him. The best thing was looking down at the city. The food was decent, maybe even disappointing. My chicken was dry and the vegetables were burnt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Absolutely amazing food and view! Service was outstanding. Certainly will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HiOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/9/2014Great place to go for a romantic date or to visit if you're not from Vancouver. Amazing views of all of the city and delicious food to go with it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food very poorAwfulDined on 9/9/2014My husband and I ordered calamari and brie for a starter. Waiter came back to say that brie was now off the menu so we had to order a basic salad instead. We ordered carbanara for main. We were absolutely disgusted with the poor quality of the main. It was basically a bowl full of spaghetti with a handful of peas a few bits of bacon and no sauce. It was dull and dry. We demanded that the meals were taken back as we had hardly touched them. We then paid for our starters and drinks and left disappointed. Great view with horrendous food. Not a great start to our honeymoon.Special Features:
- Panoramic viewslbhddsDined on 9/7/2014Vancouver is so beautiful and to take it all in over a special candle lit dinner was amazing. And they brought out a surprise dessert to celebrate our anniversary! Very nice!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceRadSDined on 9/7/2014I had a great experience bringing my girlfriend here. The view was amazing and the service was great. I just wish the parking was cheaper so I could've stayed longer, but overall i had a great time and the staff were friendly and nice. Thanks for a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special dateteamcxDined on 9/6/2014Took someone here for a special date. Was perfect for special occasions. highly recommended if you're looking to impress that special someone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doug's birthdayamazingDined on 9/6/2014Food was amazing. Service was good and very friendly but sometimes felt a bit slow. The view was incredible. The music was ok for the ambience. Overall a truly great experience. Thank you for the birthday cheesecake as well !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it's Good as it GetsNathanDined on 9/1/2014Service was excellent..was greeted warmly and escorted to my table upon arrival. The specials of the day were explained, and I decided to take one of their suggested choices which I did not regret.The 4 course meal was perfectly timed so as that you were not waiting insignificant amount of time between courses. The wines selection was very good and it made the whole experience delightful….would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very WorthwhileAlkiGeneDined on 9/1/2014Great place to celebrate our 52nd anniversary. Our waiter was wonderful, the view outstanding (day and night views), surprised to find the price included the elevator trip.Special Features:
- simple but elegant style mealFoodforthoughtDined on 8/30/2014I thoroughly enjoyed the scene at top if Vancouver. The service was attentive but not rushed as well. The food was excellent, especially for the price. 30-50 dollar meals were a great value when considering the view. If you are looking for more chit chat from the employees I recommend this establishment. They seem to try to make one at home. All said it was a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice, but priceytaraDined on 8/27/2014Beautiful view, excellent service; and the food was very good, but not quite as good as the price charged for it. Possibly just a Vancouver thing--I was not familiar with the area, but now understand it has quite a high cost of living.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View, Average FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014The view is second to none, the food was very average for the price. If i were to go again (unlikely), i would go for the view only and get the cheapest thing on the menu because the food was average at best.Special Features:
- Good ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014Food is good, but nothing exceptional. Scene is great, terrific view of the city, specially early evening, when there is still daylight. setting sun did cause a bit issue, but still worth the experience.Special Features:
- Nice view. Not great enoughlaainsDined on 8/23/2014While the service was very good and they were very attentive, the okay view was not enough to compensate the mediocre food. Vancouver is a great city but not necessarily an impressive one from above. It is a working port area so much of the view of very industrial and the building aren't that striking. I don't have much to say about the food. It was very dated and mediocre. Still, if you like rotating restaurants, go for it just keep your expectation low.
- Trip closing dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014The restaurant is a perfect place for a closing dinner. Scenic view over Vancouver, good food, extensive wine and drinks list and friendly service.Special Features:
- Tops in VancouverDinesoutalotVIPDined on 8/19/2014We had an overnight stay in Vancouver before we sailed on an Alaskan cruise. We did not have much time to see Vancouver so we picked this restaurant with a view. The view was spectacular, the food very good, and the service outstanding. We arrived a little before sunset so we could see the city during daylight and then at night following sunset. This place is definitely a must for visitors to Vancouver.Special Features:
- Not worth the $$KATANDRYANDined on 8/18/2014The service at this restaurant was great, however the food was quite bad. For $46 for a new York steak, I would expect a decent cut....the redwine sauce was nice and was the only way I could eat the steak. It was full of tendons - very bad cut. My husband and mine were both the same. The crab legs were over-cooked and not fresh at all. They tasted like they were freezer burnt - again not worth the money spent...which was an additional $25 per plate. We had calamari to start which was soggy and rubbery and did not have any flavor. Overall I would never return or recommend this place to anyone. Much better food and lower costs elsewhere. The view is great - that's about it!Special Features:
- Great location & view; food goodAndrewDined on 8/16/2014It is located at a great location with many tourist spots, e.g. Gas Town, Pan Pacific, downtown, etc., and cheap parking garages around. Its food is much better than anticipated and they offer a significant # of choices. The prices aren't cheap but reasonable for the corresponding food quality & magnificent scenic view. It's great for special occasions & romantic dating.Special Features:
- Great dinnerDanielDined on 8/12/2014The dinner and also the outlook from Top of Vancouver was really fantastic - we will come back as soon as possible!Special Features:
- BirthdayVanessaStarDined on 8/8/2014went there for my birthday and the food was great but the menu can be more developed to have more different dishes. we also ordered the grilled pineapple crumble for dessert and that was super!Special Features:
- Great view!!DinkyDined on 8/6/2014The food is fantastic and the atmosphere wonderful. Great as a special occasion but very expensive. Lunch menu is much cheaper!!Special Features:
- The view is worth itNK604Dined on 8/6/2014The view is spectacular, especially on a nice sunny day. The drink and food choices are ok. The service is great too. I've heard the food reviews were not good for this place, and they are definitely right. We were there with business associates, 6 in total. My lamb shank came out completely cold. When I asked them to take it back, the server said it would be the first meal out. That did not happen. I got my meal when my whole party was completely done with dinner. I asked them to just pack it home. I expected at least a free drink… NOPE. No attempt to make up for their mistake. Oh well. Can't say I won't return because the view is worth it.Special Features:
- Great place for datingTravelerDined on 8/4/2014Great view and romantic place, good service. The food was just ok but not that specious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Special Occasion Was GreatBruins4LuncheonDined on 8/3/2014The experience for the entire occasion was incredible: The hostess, the waiter, the bus boy, the food, and the birthday cake were incredible. Not to mention the superlative view!Special Features:
- Fabulour meal and view of the city2014DJDined on 8/3/2014This was the first time my husband and I ate at the restaurant. We arrived at noon so that we could see the city view of Vancouver. The view was spectacular and the service was excellent. The Sunday brunch was the best I have ever had with a large selection of breakfast foods, lunch foods and seafood (very well presented) And, the dessert table was fabulous! This restaurant is a must see for anyone wanting a great dinning experience which includes a great view of the city. Even though I live outside Vancouver I am planning special occasion meals at the restaurant for my family in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View, Pricey FoodFoodfanDined on 8/1/2014Ate here in 2006 with soon-to-be-ex husband for our last Christmas dinner together. This time I brought the boyfriend for his birthday. At 7 pm, we were seated beside a window right away. Great view overlooking the city and inner harbour; it takes an hour to complete a full rotation. Good food but not spectacular. Mine paste as hot and fresh, his chicken was kinda skimpy. Thank goodness I could share. Had drinks & dessert at home. (Blueberry trifle and Ameretto.) This meal cost me a full days pay: $111 for 1 appie and 2 mains plus taxes and tip. The view is lovely but as it is from any high point in Vancouver. This was a special treat and I'm glad we went but it's a 'once is enough' place, for me.Special Features:
- Great serviceLunaDined on 7/30/2014I had a very good night in Top of Vancouver, good view, good wine, good food and good dessert.
- Gorgeous view!Great food & service.luv2dineDined on 7/27/2014Sunset was beautiful. View was gorgeous day and nite. Our server Brenda was friendly and knowledgeable of food and wine. She recommended the tasting menu and we enjoyed it very much! Fresh lobster with fillet perfectly cooked and chocolate terreine was fabulous. Highly recommend to all diners.Special Features:
- AwfulLucwarmDined on 7/27/2014Omelette had to be redone 3 times as it was made with items I didn't want as I can't eat it due to religious beliefs. Buffet food was cold and items not cooked of overlooked (bacon). We complained and was told manager would come but didn't. Bill was high for food and no discount offered.Special Features:
- Vancouver all in onceVancouvertouristDined on 7/26/2014We appreciated great view and very pleasant service, good food and wine.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014Although the good is average, the service is excellent and the views are one if a kind! Definitely worth a visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RcjtouristDined on 7/25/2014Excellent service ,very good food,nothing bad to say and with the view ,it is remarquable place !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buchanan1Dined on 7/20/2014We highly recommend the Top of Vancouver Revolving Restaurant! The food and our waiter were outstanding. And, the view was incredible! Sundown dining was really great!!Special Features:
- Belgian Chocolate GoodnessswincatDined on 7/20/2014It was nice to see the Belgian Chocolate desert was still on the menu. We had a nice dinner and enjoyed the view.Special Features:
- Fantastic viewVisitorDined on 7/18/2014The view together with the fine food should be on all visitors to do list. I would recommend choosing a time that includes both daylight and night viewing. You will not be disappointed. I enjoyed the New York steak.Special Features:
- BeautifuldiningDined on 7/18/2014The city lights were beautifully lit up as dusk wrapped around Vancouver. The service was very friendly. The only downfall by one of the guests at our table was there was a crying baby two tables over. Other than that, the dinner was a success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best experience everprincessKDined on 7/18/2014The revolving restaurant was the best experience ever. Waiters were quick and friendly, the views were just unreal and everything overall was awsome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwfulnotworthitDined on 7/18/2014Recepcionists were very friendly. Food did not taste good and server was very unprofessional. Never asked us how the food was or if we needed anything else and did not come to our table often enough. Had to wait for about 15 min after our table was clean and server did not come back to offer a dessert or the bill. Had to walk to the main entrance and asked for bill. Told server about her service and no apology given. Called the manager and manager gave us the free appetizer for free but manager was not very friendly and apologetic. Scenery was great but it was eclipsed by an awful service. Would recommend friends to pay 15 bucks for the lookout but not for an expensive dinner that did not live up to expectations.Special Features:
- SpectacularBandVDined on 7/18/2014The skyline has certainly changed in the 10 years since 2004. 10 years ago in this restaurant I asked the love of my life to spend the rest of whatever lives we had remaining - together. She accepted. 10 years later we wanted to recreate the magic of that evening and the food and service was as excellent as we remembered. The seafood medley and the halibut were perfectly seasoned and cooked. The wine list had something for every price range. Abdul treated us like we were the only guests he had to attend to We certainly were not disappointed with the view either. I am glad "She said yes"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.