Top of Vancouver Revolving Restaurant
555 West Hastings Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 4N6Neighborhood:
InternationalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Top of Vancouver Revolving Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.topofvancouver.com/
- Phone: 6046692220x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Appetizers and Drinks: Monday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
**For groups of 13 people or more, please contact the restaurant directly.**
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, International
- Executive Chef: Mr. Joe Wong
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Looking to show your staff a good time? Trying to impress clients? Top of Vancouver offers buyouts for larger groups during the holiday season. We offer great 3 course meals, or buffets for groups of 100 or more. Cocktail parties are also welcome. Dates are filling up fast!
- Private Party Contact: Jon Yacoub 6046692220x
A word from Top of Vancouver Revolving Restaurant
Come dine at 553 feet! A stunning combination of great food and a magical panoramic view. Together it"s what makes us famous!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Top of Vancouver Revolving Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Top of Vancouver Revolving Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
191 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (167)special occasion (129)romantic (102)good for groups (23)great for lunch (23)great for brunch (22)late-night find (21)fit for foodies (21)hot spot (17)great for outdoor dining (13)kid-friendly (13)notable wine list (10)neighborhood gem (10)vibrant bar scene (5)Show More
- Great location & view; food goodAndrewDined on 8/16/2014It is located at a great location with many tourist spots, e.g. Gas Town, Pan Pacific, downtown, etc., and cheap parking garages around. Its food is much better than anticipated and they offer a significant # of choices. The prices aren't cheap but reasonable for the corresponding food quality & magnificent scenic view. It's great for special occasions & romantic dating.Special Features:
- Great dinnerDanielDined on 8/12/2014The dinner and also the outlook from Top of Vancouver was really fantastic - we will come back as soon as possible!Special Features:
- BirthdayVanessaStarDined on 8/8/2014went there for my birthday and the food was great but the menu can be more developed to have more different dishes. we also ordered the grilled pineapple crumble for dessert and that was super!Special Features:
- Great view!!DinkyDined on 8/6/2014The food is fantastic and the atmosphere wonderful. Great as a special occasion but very expensive. Lunch menu is much cheaper!!Special Features:
- The view is worth itNK604Dined on 8/6/2014The view is spectacular, especially on a nice sunny day. The drink and food choices are ok. The service is great too. I've heard the food reviews were not good for this place, and they are definitely right. We were there with business associates, 6 in total. My lamb shank came out completely cold. When I asked them to take it back, the server said it would be the first meal out. That did not happen. I got my meal when my whole party was completely done with dinner. I asked them to just pack it home. I expected at least a free drink… NOPE. No attempt to make up for their mistake. Oh well. Can't say I won't return because the view is worth it.Special Features:
- Great place for datingTravelerDined on 8/4/2014Great view and romantic place, good service. The food was just ok but not that specious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Special Occasion Was GreatBruins4LuncheonDined on 8/3/2014The experience for the entire occasion was incredible: The hostess, the waiter, the bus boy, the food, and the birthday cake were incredible. Not to mention the superlative view!Special Features:
- Fabulour meal and view of the city2014DJDined on 8/3/2014This was the first time my husband and I ate at the restaurant. We arrived at noon so that we could see the city view of Vancouver. The view was spectacular and the service was excellent. The Sunday brunch was the best I have ever had with a large selection of breakfast foods, lunch foods and seafood (very well presented) And, the dessert table was fabulous! This restaurant is a must see for anyone wanting a great dinning experience which includes a great view of the city. Even though I live outside Vancouver I am planning special occasion meals at the restaurant for my family in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View, Pricey FoodFoodfanDined on 8/1/2014Ate here in 2006 with soon-to-be-ex husband for our last Christmas dinner together. This time I brought the boyfriend for his birthday. At 7 pm, we were seated beside a window right away. Great view overlooking the city and inner harbour; it takes an hour to complete a full rotation. Good food but not spectacular. Mine paste as hot and fresh, his chicken was kinda skimpy. Thank goodness I could share. Had drinks & dessert at home. (Blueberry trifle and Ameretto.) This meal cost me a full days pay: $111 for 1 appie and 2 mains plus taxes and tip. The view is lovely but as it is from any high point in Vancouver. This was a special treat and I'm glad we went but it's a 'once is enough' place, for me.Special Features:
- Great serviceLunaDined on 7/30/2014I had a very good night in Top of Vancouver, good view, good wine, good food and good dessert.
- Gorgeous view!Great food & service.luv2dineDined on 7/27/2014Sunset was beautiful. View was gorgeous day and nite. Our server Brenda was friendly and knowledgeable of food and wine. She recommended the tasting menu and we enjoyed it very much! Fresh lobster with fillet perfectly cooked and chocolate terreine was fabulous. Highly recommend to all diners.Special Features:
- AwfulLucwarmDined on 7/27/2014Omelette had to be redone 3 times as it was made with items I didn't want as I can't eat it due to religious beliefs. Buffet food was cold and items not cooked of overlooked (bacon). We complained and was told manager would come but didn't. Bill was high for food and no discount offered.Special Features:
- Vancouver all in onceVancouvertouristDined on 7/26/2014We appreciated great view and very pleasant service, good food and wine.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/25/2014Although the good is average, the service is excellent and the views are one if a kind! Definitely worth a visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RcjtouristDined on 7/25/2014Excellent service ,very good food,nothing bad to say and with the view ,it is remarquable place !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buchanan1Dined on 7/20/2014We highly recommend the Top of Vancouver Revolving Restaurant! The food and our waiter were outstanding. And, the view was incredible! Sundown dining was really great!!Special Features:
- Belgian Chocolate GoodnessswincatDined on 7/20/2014It was nice to see the Belgian Chocolate desert was still on the menu. We had a nice dinner and enjoyed the view.Special Features:
- Fantastic viewVisitorDined on 7/18/2014The view together with the fine food should be on all visitors to do list. I would recommend choosing a time that includes both daylight and night viewing. You will not be disappointed. I enjoyed the New York steak.Special Features:
- BeautifuldiningDined on 7/18/2014The city lights were beautifully lit up as dusk wrapped around Vancouver. The service was very friendly. The only downfall by one of the guests at our table was there was a crying baby two tables over. Other than that, the dinner was a success.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best experience everprincessKDined on 7/18/2014The revolving restaurant was the best experience ever. Waiters were quick and friendly, the views were just unreal and everything overall was awsome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwfulnotworthitDined on 7/18/2014Recepcionists were very friendly. Food did not taste good and server was very unprofessional. Never asked us how the food was or if we needed anything else and did not come to our table often enough. Had to wait for about 15 min after our table was clean and server did not come back to offer a dessert or the bill. Had to walk to the main entrance and asked for bill. Told server about her service and no apology given. Called the manager and manager gave us the free appetizer for free but manager was not very friendly and apologetic. Scenery was great but it was eclipsed by an awful service. Would recommend friends to pay 15 bucks for the lookout but not for an expensive dinner that did not live up to expectations.Special Features:
- SpectacularBandVDined on 7/18/2014The skyline has certainly changed in the 10 years since 2004. 10 years ago in this restaurant I asked the love of my life to spend the rest of whatever lives we had remaining - together. She accepted. 10 years later we wanted to recreate the magic of that evening and the food and service was as excellent as we remembered. The seafood medley and the halibut were perfectly seasoned and cooked. The wine list had something for every price range. Abdul treated us like we were the only guests he had to attend to We certainly were not disappointed with the view either. I am glad "She said yes"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The viewsmbrowneVIPDined on 7/17/2014Had a business dinner there. At first my guests were giving me some slack over it being a tourist place but just after they sat down they realized how much of their own city they don't see. Good was great, I had the lobster app and lamb shank...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic view!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/13/2014Vancouver is a beautiful city and if you need reminding dine at the Top of Vancouver! You see the entire city during the course of the meal - great architecture, seascapes and colourful sunset! The food is good - lobster seems to be specialty. The service is attentive and friendly. The salads and vegetables were a little disappointing. The price point is a little high for the food but after all where else can you get the view!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itFoodiesDined on 7/13/2014Food is awful. We only went for the view and the experience but never again. Any statehouse has 5 times better food than here. Service is mediocre as well.Special Features:
- Good food - spectacular viewMariaBanffVIPDined on 7/12/2014As with any restaurant that is a tourist attraction, the food is more expensive, but has all the classic menu items for any size group. There is a large selection of salads, pastas and fish courses and our group of 11 was pleased. Service was somewhat slow, but on a clear evening, we had a fantastic sunset which made up for it.Special Features:
- Nice view good serviceDaveDined on 7/6/2014The view of course is the main reason for coming to this restaurant. The service is top notch and the food is good. I am glad I went but it is the kind of thing I probably won't repeat. Not because it was bad but because it is a novelty.Special Features:
- Great view! Good food.sbllivingwellDined on 7/2/2014This experience is a "must do" for travelers. The food was good, not exceptional, but worth the experience.Special Features:
- PretentiousChaChingDined on 7/2/2014I ordered the grilled steak for dinner, although my medium rare was done to perfection, lets face it a grilled steak is nothing to boast about and put a fifty dollar price tag on it. The pasta that was ordered was basic but the price made it seem like it was something that came from the secret book of the culinary arts. Plates were garnished but it w as nothing that reflected the price. If you wanna see the city like you never have definately try it out.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014the seating arrangement was not very satisfactory.Special Features:
- View is the main courseBlueDined on 7/1/2014The price reflects the cost to get to this view. The food and service were adequate.Special Features:
- Good timeMistryguestDined on 7/1/2014We had good time but the restaurant needs some modern facelift, it is outdated in style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingMRT123Dined on 6/29/2014My husband and I went to Sunday Brunch on Sunday, July 29th to celebrate our 23rd Anniversary. The view is spectacular. The brunch buffet was disappointing. We had gone 3 years ago and it was fantastic. Lots of selection and lots of seafood. This time the selection wasn't that great. The cold shrimp were great, crab legs ok. There seemed to be a more Chinese buffet feel to the food. Don't get me wrong, I like Chinese food, but was not expecting it at this kind of a restaurant. Dessert was very disappointing as well. Again not much selection. There was lots of fruit, but there was only two kinds of white layer cake, no fancy little tarts or slices like 3 years ago. For the price of the buffet ($43) you would expect more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Food was not good as much as I expected ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinning experiencebeachpartyDined on 6/28/2014Dinning at the Top of Vancouver Revolving Restaurant is something everyone should experience. It's a wonderful way to spend a romantic evening. Arrive at least an hour before sunset to see the detailed panorama of Vancouver. Stay to watch the city sparkle it's neon lights. It's an experience. The food is good and the service attentive.Special Features:
- look out!!wcrazorDined on 6/27/2014This is the place to come for a leisurely meal with the opportunity to look out over the city and surrounding area. You pay a premium for the food in order to get the view ( but you know that already, right?) . The service was friendly and well paced. The food was good but it's unlikely you'll rave about it. Did I mention the view? Come for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/26/2014So much potential, but the high price, marginal food quality and poor service out weigh the view. If you want to see the view, pay to go to the observation deck, skip the restaurant.Special Features:
- Grab Mcdonalds and go to view deckEatOut2MuchDined on 6/25/2014The food is good sure, but at $40 per main course it should be VERY good and not take short cuts like using canned beans with the lamb shank (i wish I was kidding) the service has been good in the past (i have been about 6 times in last 2 years) but this last time it was horrible, the waiter never asked if we wanted to order wine when I had stated i would want wine with main, and brought out one dessert (one person ordered 3 course meal) then asked the rest of us if we wanted to look at dessert menu, pretty lame.
- 25 th Anniversary CelebrationVancouverBCRocksDined on 6/24/2014The food and ambience was excellent, the view was breathtaking, and the service, fantastic. Seafood including Lobster was our choice, along with a local BC White wine. The slow rotation of the restaurant allows a 360 degree view which takes one hour, two rotations in two hours allows the whole of Vancouver to be appreciated, especially at night. Highly recommended for any occasion. As for the prices....very reasonable. Plus....no charge to access the top level, which is the restaurant. Definitely plan on returning.Special Features:
- ambience is awesome but pricyharshaDined on 6/23/2014Food doesn't reaach expectations but good for ambience and view. Spend a lot time by drinking wineSpecial Features: