Top of the World Restaurant - Stratosphere Hotel
2000 Las Vegas Blvd S
Las Vegas, NV 89104Neighborhood:
Stratosphere Hotel & Casino
Global, InternationalPrice: $50 and over
Top of the World Restaurant - Stratosphere Hotel
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.topoftheworldlv.com/
- Phone: 7023807777x5456
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Specials 11:00 to 3:30 daily.
Dinner from 11:00am to 11:00pm daily.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Claude Gaty
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live DJ at Level 107 lounge from 11PM-Close Wednesday thru Monday.
- Special Events:
A word from Top of the World Restaurant - Stratosphere Hotel
Consistently voted one of Las Vegas' best for food, atmosphere and view, Top of the World restaurant delivers an internationally inspired menu crafted by renowned chefs Rick Giffen and Claude Gaty.Prime beef, Farm raised Colorado lamb, line caught organic seafood are but a few of the fresh, wholesome and natural ingredients that are combined to create a dinning experience that is sure to be memorable.Indulge in any of our hand fashioned cocktails, or peruse our award winning wine list as you dine in a relaxing and comfortable setting where every seat has a view of the hottest city in the desert gently revolving 360 degrees, 840 feet above the valley. And don't think that the evening ends here. After dinner enjoy the Level 107 Lounge. EARLY Happy Hour from 4pm-7pm. Includes Half price appetizers and 2-for-1 cocktails. LATE Happy Hour from 10:30pm-1am half price appetizers, 1am-close 2-for-1 cocktails. DJ Entertainment Wed-Mon playing house music from 11pm-Close.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Top of the World Restaurant - Stratosphere Hotel - Best Restaurants in Stratosphere Hotel & Casino ›
Top of the World Restaurant - Stratosphere Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
638 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (576)special occasion (472)romantic (449)fit for foodies (126)notable wine list (111)good for groups (91)hot spot (80)late-night find (71)great for lunch (62)great for brunch (40)neighborhood gem (39)kid-friendly (28)vibrant bar scene (23)great for outdoor dining (22)Show More
- fania1306Dined on 8/26/2014The wonderful view is the only quality of the experience...the food is poor...and the price is high...the ambiance is cold...Special Features:
- Beautiful view- food not that hotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Crab cake was fishy. Don't order it! Lobster came with some kind of wierd gou in a bowl. Really wanted to take my daughter that's never been to Vegas for awesome. Didn't happen. But it was worth it for the veiw!Special Features:
- Great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Thr food is kind of expensive but the view is totally worth it. Also the food is goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- absolutely amazingJillianDined on 8/25/2014106 floors up, at the top of the Stratosphere in Las Vegas, this rotating restaurant offers the most amazing panoramic views of Las Vegas that I have ever seen (and we visit here quite often from New York). The restaurant is round in shape with a complete glass wall. It does rotate, taking an hour and 20 minutes to complete a 360 degree view. It moves so slowly that you can barely tell. If you make reservations, you can score one of the better seats in the house, a booth facing outwards looking head on at the windowed wall. Food was AMAZING, service was impeccable. Staff acknowledged our anniversary, made it personal and special. Views are stunning. Would recommend 1000x over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a view...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014The view from the Top of the World restaurant at the Stratosphere is spectacular. And the food is excellent. A bit pricey, but our server was wonderful and the entire experience was terrific.Special Features:
- Fifth VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014My wife and I know this restaurant well since 1996. this time it was not as good as others. The steak I ordered was not seasoned as well as previous visits. The special ambiance of the restaurant is beyond comparison for us, and we would recommend this place to anyone for the experience. Pricey but beautiful from 6:00PM. Sunset and watching the Strip light up is worthy at least once!Special Features:
- Amazing view, food & serviceTulsaTouristDined on 8/23/2014Title says it all. Must do in Vegas. Food is very good and worth the fine dining price. Saw the sunset and lights from 855 feet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Ever Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014My wife and I enjoyed our dinner at the Top of the World restaurant. The food was perfect. The service was spot on. The view was remarkable. It was a perfect dinner for two!!!Special Features:
- Great experienceSheilaDined on 8/23/2014Great views, great service, amazing food! Our family had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014It was our first time here and it definitely won't be our last. Food is so delicious and the service is incredible. And let's not forget the view!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SnoopyDined on 8/22/2014As always, the view was spectacular. The food was great, however I did not appreciate the waitress "hovering" at my table nor her rearranging the table every time she was there. Timing was off, as I had only about half of my salad eaten before she brought the main course. Of course, she moved my salad, which I was eating, and served my main course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Stars All AroundBacheloretteGirlDined on 8/22/2014The perfect scenic view is a given. What ensured that I would be coming back again was specifically the great service, food and delicious wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperiencePollo2000Dined on 8/22/2014We went here during Restaurant Week and had a fantastic time. Steak was perfect, great service, and a beautiful view. My 13 year old son can't stop talking about it. He said it was the best meal he'd ever had. What more could you ask?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic dinnerWeebitts36Dined on 8/21/2014Great view and service. Some of the food was outstanding but don't complain on how your steak is cooked as they say it was cooked to orderSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Viewnelynel1982Dined on 8/21/2014Our last night in Las Vegas, and this place was beautiful!!! You simply cannot beat the scenic view, it's amazing! The menu is a bit pricey, but it's worth every penny just to enjoy the view. And there is a added bonus..you get to go the observation deck with no charge after. If you are in Vegas, please stop by, you won't be disappointed. The Seafood Feteccini was EXCELLENT!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too long to waitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014After a confusing arrival where we were sent upstairs to wait for our table, we couldn't use the lounge as children were not allowed! In all I think it was about 90 to 100 minutes before we received any food and had done a full circuit of the tower before we started eating. Food and drinks very expensive for what you receive.Special Features:
- Try the four course menu....HBishDined on 8/21/2014Thoroughly recommend the four course tasting menu with the wine flight (this is probably the most expensive option on the menu). This allowed us to maximise our time and completely enjoy the view. We had a reservation at 6:30pm therefore we had the sun set over dinner allowing us to see the views both during daylight and at night. Our waitress was lovely, very knowledgable and the service was not rushed. We had a window seat but all tables offer spectacular views. The photographer (you do not have to have your photo taken) who came round during dinner took some excellent photos of us that we decided to buy, giving us a wonderful momento of our evening as it was our honeymoon.Special Features:
- View of Vegas OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014As you would expect. However, I felt my wife and I had been squeezed into a table behind 2 large tables full of Brazilians celebrating a 14 year olds birthday. When I asked the young lady seating us if there was another table she replied as she walked away without turning her head to look at me, 'there are no other tables available'. Food was good. Service was OK considering large numbers at adjoining tables and their demands on staff time. View was outstanding however we had to stand up to see over the heads of the packed tables next to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014It was our first visit to Top of the World and we found it really enjoyable. We have the 4 course tasting menu with matching wines which was a great deal. the portions were significantly bigger than you get for a tasting menu in the UK! I would recommend a visit to this restaurant!Special Features:
- Table42VIPDined on 8/18/2014Lunch is a wonderful treat for your stomach and your eyes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific experience!kcjones228Dined on 8/17/2014My second time to Top of the World, and it was everything that i remember from the first time. Great service, great food, great view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back againOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/17/2014Back for our second experience at top of the world - took friends for anniversary dinner. Cool atmosphere and excellent food! Would come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the money.ianlisa2014Dined on 8/17/2014Visited for our 20th Wedding Anniversary. Greeting and staff very friendly, and made us feel very welcome. We shared a crab cake starter, which was very nice. Main of Lamb which wasn't very good at all.....asked for rare but was told it was pre cooked to medium, then warmed through we were told by our "honest" waiter. Steak was okay, but had better. Wine was very good, but would like to think it was a good choice by us, rather than a "plus" for the restaurant. Our biggest complaint was the lighting. It was virtually dark and difficult to see what you were eating. There is intimate dimmed lighting, and then there is just "Dark"!!!! Overall.....great views, something different, but not worth the money for the quality of the food.Special Features:
- Gastro MarvelOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014Amazing views of Las Vegas, distinguished ambiance and impeccable service. The tasting presentation was a wondrous experience for my taste buds. Chef Claude Gaty, consistantly ups his game with creative twists, whimsical, flavorful and down right delicious food. A must, for anyone visiting Las Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of the WorldOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The view was awesome, food great, service was the best I have ever had in any restaurant. It was perfectly fancy not overly fancy. I would certainly recommend this to any restaurant to anyone whether a special occasion or not. I would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Awesome place.JimmanDined on 8/16/2014Awesome experience, view was beautiful, food was great, servers were wonderful. I would recommend anyone going to Vegas to have a good time at the Top of the world restaurant. Prices in line with the food quality.Special Features:
- Overrated!slclvDined on 8/16/2014Fantastic view at all times. This is what makes it worth the price! Good food but way overpriced. Dress code was a joke! Business casual? We wanted to dine here on previous visits to LV but, a strict dress code was to be followed! Not Saturday night! Shorts, holey jeans, etc! The view is worth it but, maybe lunch a better choice.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014It was an amazing experience. The food was perfect e the view awsome! The only thing I didn´t like was the long and unpleasant line to take the elevator.Special Features:
- woodmanDined on 8/14/2014Top of the world in Stratosphere is awesome. Of course, the view is unbelievable, 1148 ft up, with rotating view while you eat. Lobster bisque is to die for, salads are great, seafood pasta dish I had was very good. Servers and staff very friendly and helpful. Not a cheap dining experience, but the view at sunset is worth it. Next visit to Vegas, we will definitely be there.Special Features:
- Breathtaking and specialSatisfiedDined on 8/14/2014We booked the top of the world for lunch following our wedding, the views are breath taking, the service excellent, food and wine selection matches the view and well priced. I would and have already recommended this restaurant. Will visit again on our next trip to VegasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magicalluv2dineDined on 8/13/2014The experience was magical, the food was outstanding, the views were magical...I couldn't ask for nothing better....it is simply magicalSpecial Features:
- AmazingRocksgurlyDined on 8/13/2014Food was great and our waiter Joey was amazing! I have absolutely nothing negative to say!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic food with amazing viewsshortalDined on 8/13/2014Service was excellent, attentive but not pushy staff who were friendly, polite and informative. Food is delicious, restaurant ambiance perfect for a romantic meal but would feel comfortable visiting in a group also. Its worth a visit for the views alone, but the food and service make it a great place to visit for a special occasion. Quite expensive but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must seeKolroyDined on 8/13/2014Good combination of a great view with an execellent mealSpecial Features:
- Meh. Not all thatmicahsingerDined on 8/12/2014Very expensive in an inside environment that is in need of a make-over. Service was responsive though slightly pushy.Special Features:
- Perfect splurge!BluesonparkDined on 8/12/2014Expensive restaurant, but not one of our party of twelve had a complaint about the price at the end of the meal. Fantastic view, superior service, and delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would absolutely recommendALB25Dined on 8/11/2014We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary at Top of the World Restaurant in the Stratosphere Hotel in August and everything was perfect. Our waiter was Kevin and he couldn't have been more pleasant and knowledgeable. He was able to give us bits of history as the restaurant was rotating into various sections of Vegas. He was very relaxed and did not rush us, and presented us with a complimentary dessert for our celebration. There was also a professional photographer that took two beautiful pictures of us and put them in a frame, for a charge, but we were very happy with them as a keepsake of our 25th anniversary dinner. I would highly recommend this restaurant as there was nothing that could have been better for our celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you for post wedding dateHappyhusbandDined on 8/11/2014Me and my wife went here for a romantic dinner 2 days after our wedding. We also brought her maid of honor along because she had never been to Las Vegas or even out of kansas. It was a breathtaking view of the strip as I timed it perfectly for the sun to go down as dinner had started. So for that alone I would recommend it. The food was really good just really small portions but that's everything you would expect out of a 5 star expensive fancy restaurant. The prices are pretty high for the amount of food served but again that's what you get from a fancy restaurant. I would suggest to anyone trying to take their girl out to a romantic dinner or a family trying to show there kids the view. It's a great view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Scenic thrill ride in town!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Our party of 8 cant rave enough about our celebratory dinner at the Top of the World restaurant! We arrived for our 7pm reservation, had 1/2 and hour to view the city in day light, then the sun set and the remainder of our dinner was over the night time lights of Las Vegas. We had thought about doing the High Roller wheel, but took advantage of the Stratosphere's Dinner and a Show! We all took part in the Tasting Menu option and were treated to a culinary delight. We were celebrating a friends 60th birthday and the staff were very accommodating to sing Happy Birthday (with many other tables joining in) and serve her dessert with special candles. Most of us flew into Vegas from Calgary for the occasion and we shall return for another spinSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love love the viewOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/9/2014Service was satisfactory. The view was the main reason I chose this restaurant and that did not disappoint. However, the service was a bit below what I had hoped for.Special Features: