Top of the World Restaurant - Stratosphere Hotel
2000 Las Vegas Blvd S
Las Vegas, NV 89104Neighborhood:
Stratosphere Hotel & Casino
Global, InternationalPrice: $50 and over
Top of the World Restaurant - Stratosphere Hotel
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.topoftheworldlv.com/
- Phone: (702) 380-7777 ext. 5456
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Specials 11:00 to 3:30 daily.
Dinner from 11:00am to 11:00pm daily.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Claude Gaty
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live DJ at Level 107 lounge from 11PM-Close Wednesday thru Monday.
- Special Events: If you have any special requests for your reservation please contact us directly.
-Cake requests(3 day notice required) and /or arrangements to have a bottle of wine or champagne at your table prior to being seated. Please call 702-380-7764
-For Proposal Packages offered. Please call 702-380-4777
A word from Top of the World Restaurant - Stratosphere Hotel
Consistently voted one of Las Vegas' best for food, atmosphere and view, Top of the World restaurant delivers an internationally inspired menu crafted by renowned chefs Rick Giffen and Claude Gaty.Prime beef, Farm raised Colorado lamb, line caught organic seafood are but a few of the fresh, wholesome and natural ingredients that are combined to create a dinning experience that is sure to be memorable.Indulge in any of our hand fashioned cocktails, or peruse our award winning wine list as you dine in a relaxing and comfortable setting where every seat has a view of the hottest city in the desert gently revolving 360 degrees, 840 feet above the valley. And don't think that the evening ends here. After dinner enjoy the Level 107 Lounge. EARLY Happy Hour from 4pm-7pm. Includes Half price appetizers and 2-for-1 cocktails. LATE Happy Hour from 10:30pm-1am half price appetizers, 1am-close 2-for-1 cocktails. DJ Entertainment Wed-Mon playing house music from 11pm-Close.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Top of the World Restaurant - Stratosphere Hotel - Best Restaurants in Stratosphere Hotel & Casino ›
Top of the World Restaurant - Stratosphere Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
773 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (695)special occasion (580)romantic (543)fit for foodies (176)notable wine list (155)hot spot (125)good for groups (110)late-night find (87)great for lunch (68)neighborhood gem (54)vibrant bar scene (34)great for outdoor dining (29)great for brunch (28)kid-friendly (25)Show More
- I felt on top of the world!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/25/2014As you would imagine the view of Vegas and the surrounding areas is remarkable and see it all as you slowly rotate, the food matches the stunning views it was simply delicious. What I really liked is you are not rushed the atmosphere is relaxed and the service was super!!!! Definitely will be on the 'to do' list for our next trip to Vegas!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXPENSIVE FOR THE FOOD.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2014TOO EXPENSIVE FOR THE QUALITY OF THE FOOD. THE AMBIANCE IS EXCELLENT THOUGH. EVEN THE COCKTAILS WEREN´T WHAT I EXPECTED FOR THE PRICE.Special Features:
- Awesome overall though the seafood wasn't fabulousKingDined on 11/23/2014We really had awesome service & the steak was great! The seafood was subpar the fettuccini WS awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rude hostess.bobbDined on 11/23/2014Would not recommend restaurant. Hostess very rude. Food overpriced.
- Disappointed!DupontDined on 11/22/2014As a 1st time visitor of Vegas & doing an abundance of research before hand...Top of the World was listed as one of the top 10 Restaurants in Las Vegas...as fellow foodies, we were in! It could NOT be further from the truth! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY! We arrived early, reservation at 6:30PM. We were told the bar was upstairs, so off we went... service was poor; we actually had to ask for a server after being passed by 4 or 5 times & the Lounge Crowd was "SEEDY". We were "BUZZED" to our table at 6:45PM, seconds before we almost left! (Happy Hour is 2 4 1) We were escorted to a lovely table, view is breathtaking of Vegas lit up at night & the restaurant actually rotates in a circle...so the ambience restored my initial bad vibe...that was until a BUNGEE JUMPER plummeted outside of my window! REALLY?! Is this an upscale restaurant or a thrill ride?! And as an added feature, a woman's leopard pump rotated past my table...did Cinderella lose her shoe?! Wine list was nice, pricey but we knew that...ordered a bottle of Merlot for about $60, (one of the least expensive) my husband had Lobster Bisque $13 which was above average; I sampled a spoon! (BTW everything is ala carte) & Rack of Lamb which he said was dry & not good at all for $58. I ordered the 10" center cut filet $54 which was served luke warm but very tender with 2 baby carrots. The crackers & pesto butter were a nice touch! Our bill came to $198 & we tipped $40...the waiter did a very good job & I doubt he had any control over the BUNGEE jumper or the leopard pump! It was our anniversary & my birthday... So in sum...we spent 5 days in Sin City...FREE ADVICE: Absolutely Go See "Beatles LOVE!", rent a helicopter to the Grand Canyon at sunset & ride a Harley into the Valley of Fire. (Come back along Lake Meade) Caesar's Sunday Champagne Brunch is the best in all the land. We stayed at the Venetian...beautiful... have been to Italy twice & they did an outstanding recreation but avoid the Gondolas! Cheesy!Special Features:
- Amazing view - rubbish food and serviceAnitak2020Dined on 11/21/2014Firstly, why I would recommend it: 1) amazing view 2) novelty factor of the revolving floor, 3) access to top floor to see the rides (that also might be included if you stay at the hotel -I didn't) Why I wouldn't: 1) service is awful, really bad. She forgot our drinks, was incredibly slow, the food arrived and it was left sitting on a butler tray for 5 minutes before being served 2) food was cold (see above) 3) a quick apology but no 'ownership' of the mistake in leaving the food waiting ... the server blamed someone else. 4) no offer of e.g. a free glass of wine etcSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Las Vegas GemValenaDined on 11/21/2014Beautiful scenery capturing the city of Las Vegas, ambiance and service was outstanding......top of the world experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceSafenimore1Dined on 11/21/2014Hands down the best food and service I've had in a Las Vegas restaurant. Great food and drink menu and large portions. All of the food was amazing and make sure to save room for desert! I recommend showing up early and requesting a window seat. You can go up a small flight of stairs and wait for your table at the lounge. Makes for the perfect date night or celebrating a special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatplaceIgnored2deathDined on 11/21/2014Wonderful place to have that special occasion dinner and view the Las Vegas valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was great flavor, great view, and super atentioTorresDined on 11/20/2014Great all the food great flavor and i loved , the view its inspiring to be back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab food with a view to die for !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014Ate here for our anniversary whilst on vacation in Vegas and totally recommend it. It was fairly quiet the night that we were there so lucky enough to get a window table without any waiting. The staff were amazingly attentive and the starters arrived within about 3 minutes of ordering them !!! The food was stunning, all 4 of us were in heaven and surely there can't be many more dramatic vistas whilst you're eating. Our bill came to just over $400 for 4 with a decent bottle of wine and some cocktails which we thought was very good value given the delicious food and the view. Would definitely eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great first nught experienceAquagalDined on 11/19/2014This was a surprise birthday dinner for my hubby on our first night in Las Vegas. Wonderful view of the city. Food better than average, and service excellent. I am gluten intolerant and found many items on the menu that I could order. My husbands steak was perfect. Would recommend this restaurant for a romantic, special occasion stop. We got a window table, and the booths facing the window would be a great choice also if you prefer a booth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014We had a wonderful business dinner! Perfect for business or pleasure. Wait staff was professional, fun and personable. I would recomend this resturant to anyone. Truely an awesome view from any table. I would definitly return for dinner and drinks. Also enjoyed seeing the occasional bungie jumper during dinner.and I will definitly be back to bungie jump in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special place!GoHomeAgainDined on 11/18/2014Eating at the Top of the World is always a very special experience whether it is for lunch, dinner, or late night. It is a place we always take our friends from out of town and also to celebrate special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014food was great. service was superb. the view was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch food and spectactular views too!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/17/2014Great place for a special occasion. The food is wonderfully delicious especially the Lobster Soup. Get a table near the window to see sky jumpers going off the Top of the Stratosphere. Enjoy the romantic lighting and Vegas as it lights up the sky at night while helicopters zoom on by. Awesome and memorable places that I highly recommend checking out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ViewGokhanDined on 11/16/2014I would definitely go there for lunch since they have lunch specials and I would definitely use a coupon. When you have lunch at there with a coupon it will be about $20 per person and you will have free access to 108-109th floor to see the amazing view (it is 18 dollars if you want to only go to the top of the tower). So it means you only pay $2-3 per person for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of world experienceZenesDined on 11/15/2014The seating protocol is ridiculous . When I made my reservation I specifically indicated I wanted a window seat and wAs told it I would get one. Upon arriving I was seated some where other than the window. With the manager's intervention I was finally given the seat of my choice. The food was okay. I had the Alaskan king crab legs which was not properly done and cost $79. My guest was happy with his selection. Finally, the wait for the elevator when leaving the restaurant was longer than the time spent dining. More so, the young lady who operated the elevator was unpleasant and rude and sanctioned some of the inappropriate comments made by other customers. Thanks for requesting my feedbackSpecial Features:
- Top of the World Experience & Proposal 11.15.14EVOTDined on 11/15/2014Loved the outstanding 360 scenic view of this place. I definitely would return & highly recommend it. Food we had was great & amazing. Kids friendly environment. Service was well-timed and friendly. We had a wonderful & great experience. The date that I will never forget, proposed to my lady of 7 years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Experience not to be MissedStevefromHertfordshireDined on 11/15/2014If you are in Las Vegas looking for a place to eat Looking for the WOW Factor and Great food , go no further ,Book a Table at Top of the world , fantastic , Outstanding views of las vegas , and as the restaurant is revolving you get to see everything , this will be a restaurant we will always go to ,when we are in Vegas .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but Well Worth it!airxlenDined on 11/15/2014Reservations are necessary! Started off with an appetizer of Roasted Pork Belly which was very tender and flavorful......it's a must have. We share the 16oz. Ribeye Steak cooked med with horseradish roasted over it and garnished with carrots, very delicious and a very good size to share. One note, everything there is ala cart. Overall a very wonderful experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly Excellent in Every WayExcellentDined on 11/15/2014FAVORITE RESTAURANT to take all my guests or celebrate a special occasion. The view of the entire valley, including the Las Vegas Strip and Downtown, is incredible. Also, catching a glimpse of the three rides and jumpers is fun. It is the best view in all of Las Vegas..better than the Mandalay Bay or Delano; better than the High Roller off the Linq. Besides the view, the service, food and beverage selection is consistently excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experience!RegularVIPDined on 11/14/2014We usually go to Top of the World when we visit Las Vegas. We are always glad we did. We had the lobster bisque. Top of the World make some of the best we've ever had. We spilt a wedge salad and lobster Thermidor. We usually do steaks there but the seafood is also very good. We will come back. And try something new next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall disappointing experience for the moneyPickyDinerDined on 11/14/2014We had to line up/check in 4 times to get into this restaurant, including going through a metal detector before being granted access. The ambience of all the waiting areas is horrible. Felt like an airport. Once there (which took at least 25 minutes for all the waiting in line) we were given a terrible booth, right next to the bus station, even though we had reservations. With all the clanking of dishes and hovering of wait staff we felt like we were at a Dennys. We begged for another table, and finally got it after much haggling, even though there were other tables available and we were told it was first come-first served. So where were the others before us that we couldn't get it right away? Once seated, the food was very good. And the view of course was awesome. However the service was mediocre (maybe they were mad at us for complaining about our table). Overall, for the price we paid (very high prices...someone has to pay for the revolving room) I'd rather go to almost any other high-end restaurant on the Strip. If you want to see the view, go up to the observation floor one floor above instead. I would not recommend this to anyone looking for a high-end, quiet, romantic evening as the ambience doesn't support it. Unless of course you like having your evening bag searched before eating.Special Features:
- Must See Restaurant!Area51Dined on 11/14/2014The view and ambiance are incredible and very worth the trip up to the top of the tower. Unfortunately, the same can't be said for the food and when there was a problem with one of the meals our server disappeared and couldn't be found to take care of the issue. The server reappeared at the end of the meal to give us the bill and did not allow us to even address the problem so we could get the meal correctly fixed. The manager did make an adjustment at the end of our visit because of this mistake but we weren't looking for a reduction in the bill- just some good food. Despite the mishap that occurred, I still would recommend others to visit here because there is nothing like this anywhere else I have traveled too and the views and experience are just amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Meal and sightseeingMrsFroggieDined on 11/13/2014We dined here after our wedding in Las Vegas. Beautiful setting as the restaurant slowly rotates to give you a view of the lights laid out before you. We went for the tasting menu with wine flight and were not disappointed. Generous servings of food and wine left us completely satisfied. Good service and great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!SarahannDined on 11/13/2014We made reservations for my boyfriend's birthday on November 13th. Our waitress was absolutely amazing - catered to our every need and wanted us to have the best experience. Little did I know that my boyfriend had called in advance and let the staff know that he was going to propose to me! The assistant manager and our waitress were an intricate part of my boyfriend's plan and helped make the moment so special! The food was outstanding and I couldn't have asked for a better dinner experience - and I said yes!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY pleasant evening!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014Not something I can afford every day, but certainly worth while for special occasions. Amazing View, very good food and the wine list and wine waiter where great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and service!PagesbirthdaydinnerDined on 11/12/2014Recreated dining experience from 10 years ago for our anniversary. The staff was aware of the special occasion and helped make the night unforgetable. The photographer had us pose in the same arrangement we had from our photo from 10 years ago. What an amazing night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of the worldSavedaveDined on 11/12/2014The service and View were First class best view in Vegas. Pity the food did not match the first class rating Fillet Steak was cold and like rubber the Lobster was nice but again cold. View 10/10 Amazing-Food 4/10Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious steak, great ambience.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/12/2014I got the Wagyu NY strip and that was delicious. The two teeny tiny carrots served with it were disappointing. Loved the viewsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing eveningemiliukasDined on 11/11/2014I had a really amazing experience in this restaurant. First of all the services is absolutely amazing. The servers and the hosts are very welcoming and hospitable that made the night amazing. And i am not even talking about the view which was absolutely great!! definitely would like to say thank you for making the night special. And I recommend this place for everyone especially for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic scenery, service and food, quite unique.AndyDined on 11/11/2014We loved the relaxed feel and surprising intimacy of the restaurant.The food served was delicious and the evening view from the bar and restaurant was quite spectacular and is highly recommended for all occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must doOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/11/2014It was fun to revolve over Las Vegas while dining, thankfully the revolutions are slow so it's not disruptive. I enjoyed watching the sky jumpers that came during dinner. Food was excellent especially for being such a touristy type place. While I would probably not put it on my list when I return to LV, it would be because there are many other options I want to try, but it's a must do at least once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/10/2014Food was ok but did not come for that. The view was great.Special Features:
- The view is to die for!!111014Dined on 11/10/2014Went for my birthday and had an amazing time. Best steak I have ever had. Wine list is exstensive.Special Features:
- foodgeek2foodgeek2Dined on 11/10/2014Wow! You won't find a better view for dinner anywhere else in the city! Our server, Rebecca, was out-of-this-world great! My dinning partner thoroughly enjoyed the meal. My cut of steak wasn't the best for the price, but still enjoyed it. Great place to celebrate a special occasion or a special treat. Worth the drive down the strip to enjoy a fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Dinner and View!!!irishbabyDined on 11/10/2014The staff was courteous abd welcoming. Our server, Juvi, was awesome. She offered suggestions, was very attentive, and took several group pictures for us. Will defiinitely dine here again the newxt time we're in VegasSpecial Features:
- Great View, Cold Food.CDJ85Dined on 11/9/2014The view is spectacular, especially at night! However, the food was subpar and cold. Not worth the money.Special Features:
- Go for the view not the foodugabooVIPDined on 11/9/2014had lunch here twice, first dinner and probably last. Food was good but very expensive for what you got. Ordered the tasting menu, $90 for 4 courses. 1st was lobster bisque, was tasty but warm, not hot. Second was pan seared scallop, and thats what you got, 1 scallop. Again, warm, not hot. We complained at this point and manager assured us next course would be hot. We had the filet, and it was good, and 2 were hot, one was warm. Food was very tasty, but server must have left dishes in window for ever for them to come out warm. Dessert was good as well. Would have been happy at 50 bucks, but for 90 I felt a little cheated and bad service made it worse. View is spectacular, next time will go for a drink and skip dinner.Special Features: