Top of the Mark
Number One Nob Hill
San Francisco, CA 94108Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
Top of the Mark
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.topofthemark.com/
- Phone: 4156166940x
- Hours of Operation:
**Please note: The Top of the Mark does NOT accept dinner reservations. ALL evening service is first-come, first-served.**
Brunch: Sundays 10:00am - 1:00pm
Light Dining: Daily 5-10pm
Mondays - 4:30pm-11:30pm
Tuesdays - 4:30pm-11:30pm
Wednesdays - 4:30pm-11:30pm
Thursdays - 4:30pm-11:30pm
Fridays - 4:30pm-12:30am
Saturdays - 4:30pm-12:30am
Sundays - 5:00pm-11:30pm
**THE TOP OF THE MARK DOES NOT ACCEPT RESERVATIONS FOR COCKTAILS AND LIGHT DINING. ALL EVENING SERVICE IS FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED. **
PLEASE NOTE, MINORS ARE NOT PERMITTED AFTER 9:30 P.M.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Nenad Stefanovic
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For parties of 25-30 guests, please call 415-616-6940
For parties of 30 or more, please call 415-616-6959.
- Private Party Facilities: For parties of 25-30 guests, please call 415-616-6940
For parties of 30 or more, please call 415-616-6959.
- Private Party Contact: Private Dining 415-616-6959x
- Entertainment: Ricardo Scales, jazz pianist, Wednesdays 6:30pm-11:30pm
(cover of $5 beginning at 6:00pm)
Motown at the Mark, Thursdays, 7:30pm-11:30pm
(cover of $10 beginning at 7:00pm)
Black Market Jazz Orchestra, Fridays, 9:00pm-12:30am
(cover of $10 beginning at 8:30pm)
Best of the Bay: bands rotate, Saturdays, 9:00pm-12:30am
(cover of $15 beginning at 8:30pm)
*subject to change*
PLEASE NOTE: MINORS NOT PERMITTED AFTER 9:30 P.M.
- Cross Street: California & Mason Streets
- Public Transit: Powell Street Cable Car; California Street Cable Car
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Valet parking is available for Sunday Brunch. Hotel garage entrance is on California Street just east of Mason Street. Extremely limited street parking available.
A word from Top of the Mark
For 70 years, the Top Of The Mark has been favored by both locals and travelers as the venue of choice, whether for an intimate rendezvous, a festive celebration or just plain fun. Located atop the InterContinental Mark Hopkins, the world-renowned sky lounge and restaurant affords a near-360 degree vista of San Francisco and the surrounding sights, including the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, the East Bay Hills, downtown and Twin Peaks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
Top of the Mark - Best Restaurants in Nob Hill ›
Top of the Mark reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (29)scenic view (24)special occasion (17)romantic (14)fit for foodies (14)good for groups (6)neighborhood gem (4)hot spot (3)great for lunch (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- AWESOMEannsDined on 8/24/2014The food was outstanding along with an excellent wait staff. This was on my husband's bucket list and glad we were able to get in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful and great selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/17/2014We came here for the brunch buffet for my mother's birthday. The brunch comes with unlimited champagne and an amazing selection. Everything was delicious and the view was amazing. The servers were very nice and quick to get you anything you need.Special Features:
- Superior Champagne Sunday BrunchTed777VIPDined on 8/17/2014I had a great table with a view of the Palace of Fine Arts, Grace Cathedral, Alcatraz Island, Russian Hill, and Nob Hill. My server was the always attentive Jose, the maitre d' was Patty, and the pianist was Mike. I enjoyed the caviar station with blinis, cracked crab, oysters on the half shell, smoked salmon, fresh fruit, stone fruit salad, fig salad, Caesar salad, heirloom tomatoes with mozzarella ciliegine, prime rib au jus, leg of lamb au jus, shrimp scampi, poached salmon, and for dessert, chocolate ice cream, cheesecake, French pastries, creme brûlée, and the famous Mark Hopkins bread pudding. I did not have room for the dim sum, Florentine eggs Benedict, scrambled eggs, bisque, omelette station, or gourmet meats and cheeses. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Top of " ManyJamesDined on 8/10/2014Wow! What a place! What great service? What great food? What great EVERYTHING!!!!Special Features:
- Sunday Champagne BrunchRickVIPDined on 8/3/2014Is absolutely amazing!! Do not miss this...it's worth every penny. Make sure you're hungry when you go!Special Features:
- Very good for brunch, We love it!!!PhilipDined on 8/3/2014We come to here almost every month. We love this place. The service are great and the food are fresh and many kind to choose. Compair with other place this is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CherylVIPDined on 7/27/2014This was one of the best highlights of San Francisco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS EXCEPTIONAL!!BayAreaLoverDined on 7/27/2014I don't know which is better...the view, the food or the service! All are exceptional, and that's been the case each time that I've visited over the years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely panoramic viewlsh41Dined on 7/20/2014This spot is located at the top of the Intercontinental Hotel on Nob Hill. It is a beautifully laid out champagne brunch. A bit overpriced- who can actually eat $80.00 worth of food at brunch? but you're obviously paying for the view. Some of the foods were good, some were packaged, especially the desserts. Nice to go once - wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- Superior Champagne Sunday BrunchTed777VIPDined on 7/20/2014I had a great table with a view of the Palace of Fine Arts, Alcatraz, Russian Hill, and Grace Cathedral. My server was the always attentive Jose; the maitre d' was Patty, and the pianist was Mike. I enjoyed the oysters on the half shell, caviar station with blinis, fig salad, stone fruit salad with mint, Caesar salad, fresh fruit, asparagus, heirloom tomatoes with mozzarella ciliegine, smoked fish, salami, New York steak, ravioli, prime rib au jus, beef rib, beef wellington, bear claw, creme brûlée, French pastry cones, Mark Hopkins bread pudding, strawberry ice cream served in a martini glass with rum, and plums/apricots/jello served in a glass. I did not have room for the dim sum, minestrone soup, French toast, bacon, or sausage. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Usual GreatdisapointedDined on 7/13/2014The Top of the Mark experience is generally saved for special times, but every time is a memory in waiting. Service is impeccable, the food is the best around and the view is amazing.Special Features:
- Fantastic BrunchSFFoodiesDined on 7/6/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary at the Top of the March Sunday Brunch! Food & service were fantastic! Request for a bay side table which has a great view of the Bay including the Golden Gate Bridge (if not fogged in). It is pricey but well worth it for special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best BrunchParkeDined on 6/29/2014The food, the service, the view. Wonderful. Bottomless mimosas. The best brunch I've had in the Bay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best view for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/22/2014wonderful selection of all sorts of delicious brunch foods, pretty much over the top! and with a fabulous view of SF it is a must visit if you have out of town guest.Special Features:
- Nice Father's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/15/2014service and food variety was well worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 6/1/2014Too expensive for the food but you're paying for the viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/1/2014Had brunch on 30th wedding anniversary. We were seated at the window with a panoramic view of the bay and city. My wife was given a long stem red rose and the service was outstanding. Having been to the Mark on many anniversaries it never fails to be fabulous all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior Champagne Sunday BrunchTed777VIPDined on 5/25/2014I had a great table with a view of the Golden Gate Bridge, Palace of Fine Arts, Alcatraz, Russian Hill, Grace Cathedral, and Mount Tam. My server was the always attentive Jose, the maitre d' was Patty, and the pianist was Mike. I enjoyed the smoked fish, fresh fruit, asparagus, stone fruit salad with mint, Caesar salad, caviar station with blinis, oysters on the half shell, shrimp cocktail, prime rib au jus, chicken entree, beef entree, pasta entree, fish entree, and a variety of desserts including French pastries, bear claw, and bread pudding. I did not have room for the gourmet cheese plate, dim sum, blueberry pancakes with raspberry sauce, eggs Benedict, omelette station, breakfast meats, breakfast potatoes, or seasonal vegetables. Yum!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special occasionDaveGDined on 5/18/2014I took my lovely bride to the Top of the Mark to celebrate her birthday. Open Table worked well for our reservation, especially since we made it late in the day. The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. We would have liked more choices among the desserts, but the bread pudding, banana pudding and cheesecakes were wonderful. The seafood, especially the crab, oysters, and smoked sturgeon, was some of the best we had in the City. The prime rib was perfectly done, tender and very tasty. The bread and cheese selection were wonderful, light, flavorful and well matched to the selections of dishes offered. The price is high, but the amazing view of the City and special attention paid to my birthday bride were just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Old School BrunchAlieEatsVIPDined on 5/18/2014We were in SF and decided to have a luxurious brunch where we were staying. Because we're older we remember decadent brunches from the '80s and nothing usually measures up. Top of the Mark is a notable exception. Fantastic food, amazing views that only San Francisco can deliver. Terrific service - a two hour leisurely experience that is not to be beat anywhere. Well worth it - great for Mom's Day or any celebration.Special Features:
- The following 683 reviews are from the Top of the Mark reviews archive.
- What a view!littledog95610Dined on 4/13/2014EVery time someone comes to visit me in the Bay Area, The Top O' The Mark is ALWAYS on the agenda. We usually go for drinks but this time went for brunch. The food was good but the service and the view were over the top. Always a lovely experience and wait staff if top notch...probably why they work at Top O' The Mark. If you come to San Francisco, this is a don't miss place. A great place for nice cocktails and to watch the sun go down.Special Features:
- Classic San Francisco ElegencecarterDined on 3/30/2014Great food,views and people! Service was wonderful! I'm going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Champagne Sunday Brunch BuffetTed777VIPDined on 3/30/2014I had a great table with a view of the Golden Gate Bridge, Palace of Fine Arts, Russian Hill, Alcatraz, Grace Cathedral, and Mt. Tam. My server was the attentive Jose, the pianist was Elias, and the maitre d' was Patty. I enjoyed the prime rib au jus, caviar station with blinis, cracked crab, oysters on the half shell, shrimp, lobster, Caesar salad, fresh fruit, smoked fish, assorted gourmet deli meats, tortellini, asparagus, and sausage. For dessert, I enjoyed the famous Mark Hopkins break pudding, bear claw, creme brûlée, chocolate macadamia torte, panna cotta, and strawberry ice cream. I did not have room for the dim sum, ham, omelette station, gourmet cheeses, soup of the day, eggs Benedict, bacon, French Toast, or scrambled eggs. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On a beautiful day it's worth the $MurphyDined on 3/16/2014$75 is a lot for brunch even with decent champagne and very good food. But on a clear day the almost 360 degree view of SF and the Bay is worth it for a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing birthday brunchmaggie52Dined on 3/9/2014Needed a nice birthday brunch venue in S.F. that could handle 12 people comfortably. Hard to find. Past experiences at the Mark were OK but not great, mainly because they were holiday weekends, noisy and crowded. This time (March) it was busy but quiet. The staff was amazing, beginning with the hostess. Friendly and professional. Michael, our waiter, couldn't have been more attentive. And we had the best view in the house, in a secluded corner looking out over the Golden Gate Bridge and the bay. Food is the usual high-end brunch fare, including assorted caviar and unlimited champagne. Pricey at $80 but well worth it for a special occasion or for anyone who enjoys brunch with a world-class view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top BrunchMichael64VIPDined on 2/23/2014The brunch at the Top of the Mark is always one of my favorites! The views of the city are fantastic with the best view being of the Golden Gate Bridge. Free flowing champagne is always a positive, although you do have to pay attention to how much you are drinking since the wait staff tops off your glass on a regular basis. The menu does not really change over time, so this is not an every other weekend kind of place and it is a little expensive, but I do believe that it is worth the special occassion get together with either your signficant other or a small group of friends. This past Sunday was made even nicer by our server, Robert, who went out of his way to make sure that we were enjoying ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Signature San Francisco experienceNicnrazzDined on 2/16/2014Classic, historical setting with one of the best views of the city. A romantic, intimate setting with great food and top notch service. Rod of the Mark never fails to impress out of town guests or friends for a special occasion. A true gem In the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have been to the Top ofOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/2/2014I have been to the Top of the Mark several times For their Sunday brunch and have never been diappointed. I plan to go back again. The food and service are excellent. I also enjoy the live music. Their pianist is a fine musician.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchPhilipDined on 1/19/2014This maybe the best Sunday Brunch you can find in the great bay area. Regardless where you sit, every way you look all have nice view. Make sure you arrive early so you can search the parking spot near the restaurant. It's was a very nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most Elegant Sunday Brunch in SFHeavenInSFVIPDined on 1/19/2014Exquisite food. Perfect service. Glorious views. Beautiful live piano music. Here's where to bring someone very special to make the happiest of memories. I absolutely love the graciousness of The Top of The Mark – San Francisco's finest, most outstanding, most fabulously luscious Sunday Brunch.Special Features:
- View that can't be beat!roadman3313Dined on 1/19/2014Very nice brunch spread and one of the best views in the city! It was a clear morning with views of the Bay and Golden Gate bridges as well as the city below. Price was a bit steep, however it is a nice spot for a special occasion or romantic getaway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday BrunchTed777VIPDined on 1/19/2014My server was the attentive Gloria, and I had a great table with a view of the Golden Gate Bridge, Mt. Tam, the Palace of Fine Arts, Alcatraz, Russian Hill, and Grace Cathedral. The maitre d' was Patty, and Mike was the pianist. I enjoyed the prime rib au jus, leg of lam au jus, caviar station with blinis, cracked crab, oysters on the half shell, smoked fish, Caesar salad, heirloom tomatoes, steak, ravioli, chicken, sea bass, and for dessert, raspberry cones, vanilla ice cream served in a martini glass with rum, bear claw, and strawberry shortcake served in a cocktail glass. I did not have room for the dim sum, bread pudding, seafood chowder, assorted gourmet cheeses, creme brûlée, hazelnut chocolate torte, or omelet station. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First the hotel needs to beNicknameVIPDined on 1/12/2014First the hotel needs to be totally redone or torn down! Top of the Mark is a throw back to some other age. I felt taken advantage of, when I made the reservation it was for lunch! They don't serve lunch on Sunday, only brunch and it was incredibly expensive! I was with a guest so going venue shopping then was not in the cards so we were stuck and ripped off! Never going back to this place.
- Had High HopesTBellVIPDined on 1/12/2014I had always wanted to go to the Top of the Mark. Maybe my expectattions were too high. The food was good. They had a nice variation of caviar to chose from and all sorts of tasty food. There were a couple of tasty dishes but the majority was not as flavorful and it was barely warm. The service was good. Very friendly staff. They sat us in one half of the room where we felt too isolated. The other half was completely full and a lot more lively. The day was clear so we were able to see all of SF. It was over priced to what we got though. We've been spoiled with so many nice restaurant experiences, unfortunately, this did not come close.Special Features:
- Great ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/11/2014Top of the Mark is a fun one-time spot, good for tourists and friendly to kids. There's no kitchen on the top floor so individual requests aren't welcome. Even on a foggy day, the view is terrific. Close to Chinatown and an easy walk from Ferry Building.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior Champagne Sunday BrunchTed777VIPDined on 1/5/2014I had an excellent table with a view of the Golden Gate Bridge, Mt. Tam, Russian Hill, Grace Cathedral, the Palace of Fine Arts, and Alcatraz. My server was the attentive Michael, the maitre d' was Patty, and the pianist was Elias. It was such a clear day that you could see the Farallon Islands. I enjoyed the oysters on the half shell, cracked crab, caviar station with blinis, Caesar salad, heirloom tomato salad with ciliegine mozzarella, prime rib au jus, suckling pig stuffed with pork belly, lamb chops, ravioli, chicken marsala, strawberry ice cream served in a martini glass with rum, French pastry cones with raspberries, bear claw, and panna cotta served in a glass with blueberries. I did not have room for the chowder or dim sum. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite spotSpoileddivaDined on 12/29/2013Fantastic food and service for the price. They don't rush you out like some other places that have 2 seating times. I can graze in peace. Service is always great and the view is fantastic. If you want to pamper yourself or loved one, I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with familyZagaDined on 12/26/2013We had lunch here after exploring Alcatraz. My husband, son and I live in Marin, and my mother in law and a close family friend had come in to town for the holidays. I planned to do a little SF touristy stuff while they were here - Top of the Mark was a nice escape from the crowds, and the food options were varied enough that everyone found something to delight them. The service was great, and it was nicely decorated for Christmas. The views were of course fantastic. Everyone agreed it was a lovely experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a delight!loverestaurantsVIPDined on 12/15/2013All the food at this Sunday brunch is delicious and elegantly prepared and served. And the view is spectacular. The staff is friendly and courteous and the piano player adds a nice touch. What a treat!Special Features:
- DisappointingPhpfVIPDined on 11/29/2013The view is good -- and that's it. The food was average, the service was average, the decor was "tired". Very touristy but not really good. You are better served going somewhere else for the view and the food. Nothing to write home about.Special Features: