Top of the Mark
Number One Nob Hill
San Francisco, CA 94108Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
Top of the Mark
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.topofthemark.com/
- Phone: (415) 616-6940
- Hours of Operation:
**Please note: The Top of the Mark does NOT accept dinner reservations. ALL evening service is first-come, first-served.**
Brunch: Sundays 10:00am - 1:00pm
Light Dining: Daily 5-10pm
Mondays - 4:30pm-11:30pm
Tuesdays - 4:30pm-11:30pm
Wednesdays - 4:30pm-11:30pm
Thursdays - 4:30pm-11:30pm
Fridays - 4:30pm-12:30am
Saturdays - 4:30pm-12:30am
Sundays - 5:00pm-11:30pm
**THE TOP OF THE MARK DOES NOT ACCEPT RESERVATIONS FOR COCKTAILS AND LIGHT DINING. ALL EVENING SERVICE IS FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED. **
PLEASE NOTE, MINORS ARE NOT PERMITTED AFTER 9:30 P.M.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Nenad Stefanovic
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For parties of 25-30 guests, please call 415-616-6940
For parties of 30 or more, please call 415-616-6959.
- Private Party Facilities: For parties of 25-30 guests, please call 415-616-6940
For parties of 30 or more, please call 415-616-6959.
- Private Party Contact: Private Dining 415-616-6959x
- Entertainment: Ricardo Scales, jazz pianist, Wednesdays 6:30pm-11:30pm
(cover of $5 beginning at 6:00pm)
Motown at the Mark, Thursdays, 7:30pm-11:30pm
(cover of $10 beginning at 7:00pm)
Black Market Jazz Orchestra, Fridays, 9:00pm-12:30am
(cover of $10 beginning at 8:30pm)
Best of the Bay: bands rotate, Saturdays, 9:00pm-12:30am
(cover of $15 beginning at 8:30pm)
*subject to change*
PLEASE NOTE: MINORS NOT PERMITTED AFTER 9:30 P.M.
- Cross Street: California & Mason Streets
- Public Transit: Powell Street Cable Car; California Street Cable Car
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Valet parking is available for Sunday Brunch. Hotel garage entrance is on California Street just east of Mason Street. Extremely limited street parking available.
A word from Top of the Mark
For 70 years, the Top Of The Mark has been favored by both locals and travelers as the venue of choice, whether for an intimate rendezvous, a festive celebration or just plain fun. Located atop the InterContinental Mark Hopkins, the world-renowned sky lounge and restaurant affords a near-360 degree vista of San Francisco and the surrounding sights, including the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, the East Bay Hills, downtown and Twin Peaks.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Top of the Mark - Best Restaurants in Nob Hill ›
Top of the Mark reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (39)scenic view (33)special occasion (29)romantic (22)fit for foodies (22)neighborhood gem (9)good for groups (9)great for lunch (5)hot spot (5)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great experience!PeterCVIPDined on 11/16/2014You can't beat a birthday brunch at the Top of the Mark!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Sunday Champagne BrunchTed777VIPDined on 11/16/2014I had a great table with a view of the Golden Gate Bridge, Palace of Fine Arts, Alcatraz, Grace Cathedral, Mt. Tam, and Russian Hill. My server was the always attentive Michael, the maitre d' was Patty, and the pianist was Elias, who played a Duke Ellington song for me. It was a clear enough day to see the Farallon Islands. I enjoyed the caviar station with blinis, Caesar Salad, fresh fruit, heirloom tomatoes with mozzarella ciliegine, asparagus, mushroom ravioli, prime rib au jus, salmon wellington, and for dessert, the Mark Hopkins bread pudding, bear claws, and chocolate ice cream served in a martini glass with rum. Yum! I did not have room for the omelet station, dim sum, lobster bisque, cracked crab, shrimp, gourmet cheeses, cold cuts, smoked fish, eggs Benedict, scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes, bacon, sausage, or myriad other desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Famous Brunch doesn't disappointDeesDined on 11/9/2014As a San Francisco Native, I kept hearing how amazing the Champagne Sunday Brunch is at the Top of the Mark. My friend and I finally got to experience the brunch for the first time this past Sunday and it did not disappoint. Everything was incredibly delicious. There were so many different options to choose from. The 360-view of San Francisco was breathtaking.Special Features:
- Incredible expiriencetvarelaDined on 11/2/2014We went for the anniversary of my grandmother, the food was delicious, the variety of the brunch was perfect and the most amazing service. Every time we go to San Francisco we visit this restaurant and every time is amazing.Special Features:
- Outstanding Views, Lovely Brunch!!harlemo25Dined on 10/26/2014Eating brunch at the Top of the Mark is a fun experience starting with the ride to the elevator to the top, stepping out and seeing a 360-degree spectacular view of San Francisco from every window and then sitting at a lovely white table cloth table to enjoy the view and eat multiple dishes from the gourmet brunch buffet with a broad variety of outstanding delectable dishes served with endless mimosas and great coffee. The price is a bit steep; however the experience is worth it!Special Features:
- Decadent a BrunchLucy7083VIPDined on 10/19/2014i miss City scales at the Hilton so I took a chance at the Mark. The views are breathtaking. The food was scrumptious but the caviar bar was heaven. Four kinds of cavier to dress on medallion size crepes. Delicious!Special Features:
- The best brunchFoodiesLasVegasVIPDined on 10/19/2014I've been to many brunches in the USA, Top of the Mark overall is the best brunch I've been to. Highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodandAmbienceDined on 10/19/2014We were in town for the UCLA/Cal game. Although we have been to San Francisco many time, we hadn't visit Top of the Mark. We decided to go there for brunch on this trip. Champagne and fresh orange juice were brought to our table immediately. We sat for a while enjoying the champagne and the view. The food was great, our waiter was attentive and the view was, as expected, great. The next time we are in San Francisco, we must come for dinner.Special Features:
- Excellentwclc1963Dined on 10/12/2014Excellent in every way!!! A very special treat!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and phenomenal viewsccorpuelVIPDined on 10/5/2014A fabulous dining experience and perfect choice as introduction for my friend's first day in San Francisco. Ambiance is wonderful: first-class table settings, phenomenal views of The City, and exquisite pianist. Moreover, the variety and quality of food was "over the top." Anticipating "standard" buffet fare and limited variety, I was happily surprised. Starting with fresh blini and five kinds of caviar (for my first course!), extending to breakfast items (e.g., eggs benedict, sturgeon, lox and accompaniments) and luncheon choices (e.g., cracked crab, prawns, oysters, and rare prime rib), and ending with a dessert table "to die for," we felt thoroughly satisfied and royally treated. The service was friendly yet professional. A must in SF!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, brunch as expected.Debsd222VIPDined on 10/5/2014No real surprises here.. A pretty typical upscale brunch. The caviar and blini were a nice touch.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationWillCUagainDined on 10/5/2014Robert was our server and he was outstanding. It was our first time at the Top of the Mark for a birthday celebration. When we checked in, the hostess immediately wished my boyfriend happy birthday. A suggestion would be that this message gets carried on to the server, it just makes it more personalize, but that is just a suggestion. The entire experience was awesome. The food was good, but I think the service made it even better. The view was beautiful, can't ask for anything more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunchCathyDined on 9/14/2014Enjoyed the wonderful food, the nice atmosphere, the splendid view and the friendly service. Can only recommend this brunch, even if it is rather expensive.Special Features:
- RICONOVIPDined on 8/31/2014Cramped seating. Very scenic views of the city. Very average brunch food. Expensive.Special Features:
- Picture Perfect BrunchJonlivesinChinaDined on 8/24/2014Arrived 20 minutes early for our brunch reservation and we were promptly seated at perhaps the best table for two in the restaurant. Unobscured views from the Golden Gate to the Bay Bridge. Food choices and quality were good to very good and matched expectations. Prime rib and seafood were outstanding. Service was excellent; our server, Joe, was personable, friendly and attentive. Yes, it's pricey, but what a grand way to spend a couple of hours on a beautiful August afternoon in San Francisco. We'll definitely return!Special Features:
- AWESOMEannsVIPDined on 8/24/2014The food was outstanding along with an excellent wait staff. This was on my husband's bucket list and glad we were able to get in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful and great selectionSFnativeDined on 8/17/2014We came here for the brunch buffet for my mother's birthday. The brunch comes with unlimited champagne and an amazing selection. Everything was delicious and the view was amazing. The servers were very nice and quick to get you anything you need.Special Features:
- Superior Champagne Sunday BrunchTed777VIPDined on 8/17/2014I had a great table with a view of the Palace of Fine Arts, Grace Cathedral, Alcatraz Island, Russian Hill, and Nob Hill. My server was the always attentive Jose, the maitre d' was Patty, and the pianist was Mike. I enjoyed the caviar station with blinis, cracked crab, oysters on the half shell, smoked salmon, fresh fruit, stone fruit salad, fig salad, Caesar salad, heirloom tomatoes with mozzarella ciliegine, prime rib au jus, leg of lamb au jus, shrimp scampi, poached salmon, and for dessert, chocolate ice cream, cheesecake, French pastries, creme brûlée, and the famous Mark Hopkins bread pudding. I did not have room for the dim sum, Florentine eggs Benedict, scrambled eggs, bisque, omelette station, or gourmet meats and cheeses. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Top of " ManyJamesVIPDined on 8/10/2014Wow! What a place! What great service? What great food? What great EVERYTHING!!!!Special Features:
- Sunday Champagne BrunchRickVIPDined on 8/3/2014Is absolutely amazing!! Do not miss this...it's worth every penny. Make sure you're hungry when you go!Special Features:
- Very good for brunch, We love it!!!PhilipDined on 8/3/2014We come to here almost every month. We love this place. The service are great and the food are fresh and many kind to choose. Compair with other place this is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CherylVIPDined on 7/27/2014This was one of the best highlights of San Francisco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS EXCEPTIONAL!!BayAreaLoverDined on 7/27/2014I don't know which is better...the view, the food or the service! All are exceptional, and that's been the case each time that I've visited over the years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 696 reviews are from the Top of the Mark reviews archive.
- Lovely panoramic viewlsh41Dined on 7/20/2014This spot is located at the top of the Intercontinental Hotel on Nob Hill. It is a beautifully laid out champagne brunch. A bit overpriced- who can actually eat $80.00 worth of food at brunch? but you're obviously paying for the view. Some of the foods were good, some were packaged, especially the desserts. Nice to go once - wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- Superior Champagne Sunday BrunchTed777VIPDined on 7/20/2014I had a great table with a view of the Palace of Fine Arts, Alcatraz, Russian Hill, and Grace Cathedral. My server was the always attentive Jose; the maitre d' was Patty, and the pianist was Mike. I enjoyed the oysters on the half shell, caviar station with blinis, fig salad, stone fruit salad with mint, Caesar salad, fresh fruit, asparagus, heirloom tomatoes with mozzarella ciliegine, smoked fish, salami, New York steak, ravioli, prime rib au jus, beef rib, beef wellington, bear claw, creme brûlée, French pastry cones, Mark Hopkins bread pudding, strawberry ice cream served in a martini glass with rum, and plums/apricots/jello served in a glass. I did not have room for the dim sum, minestrone soup, French toast, bacon, or sausage. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Usual GreatdisapointedDined on 7/13/2014The Top of the Mark experience is generally saved for special times, but every time is a memory in waiting. Service is impeccable, the food is the best around and the view is amazing.Special Features:
- Fantastic BrunchSFFoodiesDined on 7/6/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary at the Top of the March Sunday Brunch! Food & service were fantastic! Request for a bay side table which has a great view of the Bay including the Golden Gate Bridge (if not fogged in). It is pricey but well worth it for special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best BrunchParkeVIPDined on 6/29/2014The food, the service, the view. Wonderful. Bottomless mimosas. The best brunch I've had in the Bay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best view for brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/22/2014wonderful selection of all sorts of delicious brunch foods, pretty much over the top! and with a fabulous view of SF it is a must visit if you have out of town guest.Special Features:
- Nice Father's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/15/2014service and food variety was well worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 6/1/2014Too expensive for the food but you're paying for the viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/1/2014Had brunch on 30th wedding anniversary. We were seated at the window with a panoramic view of the bay and city. My wife was given a long stem red rose and the service was outstanding. Having been to the Mark on many anniversaries it never fails to be fabulous all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior Champagne Sunday BrunchTed777VIPDined on 5/25/2014I had a great table with a view of the Golden Gate Bridge, Palace of Fine Arts, Alcatraz, Russian Hill, Grace Cathedral, and Mount Tam. My server was the always attentive Jose, the maitre d' was Patty, and the pianist was Mike. I enjoyed the smoked fish, fresh fruit, asparagus, stone fruit salad with mint, Caesar salad, caviar station with blinis, oysters on the half shell, shrimp cocktail, prime rib au jus, chicken entree, beef entree, pasta entree, fish entree, and a variety of desserts including French pastries, bear claw, and bread pudding. I did not have room for the gourmet cheese plate, dim sum, blueberry pancakes with raspberry sauce, eggs Benedict, omelette station, breakfast meats, breakfast potatoes, or seasonal vegetables. Yum!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special occasionDaveGDined on 5/18/2014I took my lovely bride to the Top of the Mark to celebrate her birthday. Open Table worked well for our reservation, especially since we made it late in the day. The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. We would have liked more choices among the desserts, but the bread pudding, banana pudding and cheesecakes were wonderful. The seafood, especially the crab, oysters, and smoked sturgeon, was some of the best we had in the City. The prime rib was perfectly done, tender and very tasty. The bread and cheese selection were wonderful, light, flavorful and well matched to the selections of dishes offered. The price is high, but the amazing view of the City and special attention paid to my birthday bride were just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Old School BrunchAlieEatsVIPDined on 5/18/2014We were in SF and decided to have a luxurious brunch where we were staying. Because we're older we remember decadent brunches from the '80s and nothing usually measures up. Top of the Mark is a notable exception. Fantastic food, amazing views that only San Francisco can deliver. Terrific service - a two hour leisurely experience that is not to be beat anywhere. Well worth it - great for Mom's Day or any celebration.Special Features:
- What a view!littledog95610Dined on 4/13/2014EVery time someone comes to visit me in the Bay Area, The Top O' The Mark is ALWAYS on the agenda. We usually go for drinks but this time went for brunch. The food was good but the service and the view were over the top. Always a lovely experience and wait staff if top notch...probably why they work at Top O' The Mark. If you come to San Francisco, this is a don't miss place. A great place for nice cocktails and to watch the sun go down.Special Features:
- Classic San Francisco ElegencecarterDined on 3/30/2014Great food,views and people! Service was wonderful! I'm going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Champagne Sunday Brunch BuffetTed777VIPDined on 3/30/2014I had a great table with a view of the Golden Gate Bridge, Palace of Fine Arts, Russian Hill, Alcatraz, Grace Cathedral, and Mt. Tam. My server was the attentive Jose, the pianist was Elias, and the maitre d' was Patty. I enjoyed the prime rib au jus, caviar station with blinis, cracked crab, oysters on the half shell, shrimp, lobster, Caesar salad, fresh fruit, smoked fish, assorted gourmet deli meats, tortellini, asparagus, and sausage. For dessert, I enjoyed the famous Mark Hopkins break pudding, bear claw, creme brûlée, chocolate macadamia torte, panna cotta, and strawberry ice cream. I did not have room for the dim sum, ham, omelette station, gourmet cheeses, soup of the day, eggs Benedict, bacon, French Toast, or scrambled eggs. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On a beautiful day it's worth the $MurphyDined on 3/16/2014$75 is a lot for brunch even with decent champagne and very good food. But on a clear day the almost 360 degree view of SF and the Bay is worth it for a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing birthday brunchmaggie52Dined on 3/9/2014Needed a nice birthday brunch venue in S.F. that could handle 12 people comfortably. Hard to find. Past experiences at the Mark were OK but not great, mainly because they were holiday weekends, noisy and crowded. This time (March) it was busy but quiet. The staff was amazing, beginning with the hostess. Friendly and professional. Michael, our waiter, couldn't have been more attentive. And we had the best view in the house, in a secluded corner looking out over the Golden Gate Bridge and the bay. Food is the usual high-end brunch fare, including assorted caviar and unlimited champagne. Pricey at $80 but well worth it for a special occasion or for anyone who enjoys brunch with a world-class view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.