Top of the Hub
800 Boylston Street
Prudential Building, 52nd Floor
Boston, MA 02199Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Top of the Hub
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.topofthehub.net/
- Phone: 6175361775
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 11:00am - 1:00am; Monday - Wednesday: 11:30am - 1:00am; Thursday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00am. During these hours, the Top of the Hub has menus for lunch, dinner, cocktails and late night dining.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Marc Porcaro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact our sales and catering department for private rooms.
- Entertainment: A true sense of style and relaxation, Top of the Hub offers delightful jazz ensembles every night — a perfect way to sooth the soul.
A word from Top of the Hub
Top of the Hub only accepts reservations in the dining room for lunch, brunch, and a full dinner for parties up to 10 people. Reservations for just dessert or drinks will not be honored. We do not accept reservations for the bar or the lounge area. While we appreciate requests for window seating, we cannot guarantee them. However, we will do our best to accommodate your requests.Continued
Please also note we serve only Brunch on Sundays until 2 p.m.
Please also note we serve only Brunch on Sundays until 2 p.m.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Top of the Hub - Best Restaurants in Back Bay ›
Top of the Hub reviews from OpenTable diners
693 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (607)special occasion (536)romantic (475)notable wine list (196)fit for foodies (156)hot spot (132)great for lunch (115)vibrant bar scene (113)good for groups (100)great for brunch (85)late-night find (71)neighborhood gem (56)kid-friendly (28)great for outdoor dining (14)Show More
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/29/2014The place is great but food was ok. It was nothing special in the menu. I order the lamb and it was very difficult to eat the the mash potatoe was not much tasty. Also i booked a table in advanced next to the window. However, when I got there they did not have any table next to the window available.Special Features:
- amazing dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014We went to the top of the hub for my sisters birthday dinner and it exceeded our expectations! We were all blown away by the delicious food and the exceptional service! Our waiter was outgoing and very attentative and the view was beautiful. We can not wait to return and have already talked about coming back before we even left the rerestaurant! Thank you Top Of The hub for an amazing dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view... mediocre food.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/27/2014My reservation was for 21:00, wasn't seated until almost 22:00. Ordered the prix fixe - first dish was the duck confit over gnocchi. The gnocchi was delicious, but the duck was cold in the center. I told my server, and he returned me another replacement dish, but this one was burnt. I decided to just move to the next course, which were the scallops. They were cooked excellently, but we're over what seemed like refried beans and a slice of potato... not complimentary textures at all. I ate the scallops and left the beans. The dessert was so-so, some chocolate cake for two. Recommended wine was excellent. Server was great.Special Features:
- FabulousjimboDined on 10/27/2014A perfect spot to celebrate our 30 year anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View of the City!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/26/2014Great views of the city, went for anniversary. Good for special occasions. food is very pricey and is nothing special, portions are as big as you want to pay for ( meaning individual entrees are on the smaller side as in most nice restaurants) but if you do a pre-fixed or chef taste menu it includes a few items but you pay for it. nice to do, once in a while.Special Features:
- Celebrating thirty years together !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014The atmosphere was all that we hoped for and more...we were blessed to see a rainbow appear just as we got seated. The food was slightly disappointing compared to what we expected. Luckily our scallops appetizer had 2 big scallops for us to share. Surprisingly it only had a half of a tiny cherry tomato! Really? How much do those tiny tomatoes cost that there wasn't at least one whole one?? The entree's were nice. The filet mignon was fantastic! Delicious flavors! My husband enjoyed his salmon, although it was cooked a little too rare. The filet mignon won the Surf n Turf contest. Our decorated dessert plates were a very special way to end our special occasion.Special Features:
- Sunday Night Treat!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2014What a great night we had with friends! It was so impressive to show Boston to our friends from the Top of the Hub! While we waited for our table, the skyline was decorated with a vibrant rainbow starting at the Bunker Hill Monument ending at South Boston! Once we sat down, our waiter was attentive, the drinks were delicious and the food spectacular!!! Don't miss the warm cookies for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodSatisfiedDined on 10/26/2014Great service, great food and great view. Would recommend for many types of occasions.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Great experience!! Will recommend to others. Beautiful view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magical!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014This is where I took my now fiancee right after proposing to her. The staff was friendly and made sure I we had a prime seat with a great view. They even moved my reservation down one hour for me. They also wrote in congratulations and brought in a candle with our dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014We had a wonderful table next to the window with an outstanding view! The food was excellent, and we were not rushed.Special Features:
- Spectacular viewsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014We had a beautiful sunny day for lunch overlooking the entire Boston metro area! A bit pricey, but the menu was diverse and the food and service were very good.Special Features:
- Beautiful dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Top of the Hub was recommended by a former resident of Boston for me to try out on my first visit to your city. Not only will I revisit Boston I will also revisit Top of the Hub. The view alone was enough but thankfully the service and food were equally as great. Thanks for a perfect dining experience! Jennifer Greenville, ALSpecial Features:
- OutstandingMikDinedHereDined on 10/22/2014Requested a window-view table with a view of Back Bay and that is what was received. Great view and that was during a severe nor'easter. Food and drinks were great. The noise from other diners was a little loud. Service was great with only one flaw and that was not getting any bread. The only real disappointing part of the dinner date was the parking. Whatever you do, do not park on level P4 in the Prudential garage. The elevator went down to the Saks store and when the store closed we couldn't get back to the same elevator. All the elevators we could find only went to level P3. We ended up leaving the main area, crossing the street and using an elevator in a nearby grocery store.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good idea but did not workbirthdaysurpriseDined on 10/20/2014we had a special occasion. friends here from Europe, first time in the USA. Celebrating 50th birthday. They did not have the reservation and needless to say nor the prosecco ready. when our guests arrived they didn't know anything and had them wait until we arrived. so the planned surprise effect did not happen. service as mentioned was great food was good.Special Features:
- expensive brunch @ $40k +++WinegrowerDined on 10/19/2014Great view of course. Waiter was excellent - fun and attentive. But $40 prix fixe could have at least included the coffee. Food was so-so. Haddock on a plank was overcooked and dried out. Omelet special filled with thickly sliced chorizo had no finesse - hard to chew. Simply expected more for that price. Kudos for Crabmeat Benefict which two in our party of six really enjoyed.Special Features:
- Beware of table positionBewareoftableDined on 10/18/2014We had to wait 35 minutes past our reservation time for a table. When we were seated we were given a table at the end of the bar area, next to the jazz band. Between the noise of the bar, the noise of the band, and the people crawling over us to take pictures out the window, the dining experience was miserable.
- Anniversary dinnerFoodie16Dined on 10/18/2014Dined here for wedding anniversary. Food was amazing, service was great. Very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely all about the viewDanyellowDined on 10/18/2014Food was decent, but the portions were small and the quality wasn't anything amazing considering the price. This place is definitely all about the view, which is quite impressive, even if you're not right up against the window (which, even calling ahead of time to request, wasn't able to happen for us).Special Features:
- Best view in BeantownConnDined on 10/18/2014We took my son there for Parents Wkend for Sun. brunch a few yrs. ago and now that my daughter's also in school in Boston, she wanted to go for lunch for Parents Wkend this year too. We enjoyed both meals and had a different view each time, although you can walk around during or after your meal to see all sides as well. The food was excellent both times. It's a little expensive, but the quality and service were excellent and you can't beat the view. On Sun., they have live jazz music too. The music was pleasant, but not so loud that you couldn't easily carry on a conversation over brunch too. The lobster roll and fried calamari were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice way to end our vacationedge9094Dined on 10/17/2014We celebrated our anniversary during our vacation and we wanted a romantic dinner. We got that and then some from the top of the Hub restaurant! Great service, great good, and a amazing view. We were in awe of our dining experience. We will recommend it to anyone who takes to beautiful Boston. Thank you for a fantastic memory we will cherish forever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014It was great I celebrated my anniversary there and it was worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good serviceBugabooDined on 10/17/2014Appreciated the great window seat and the Halibut was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome views of the cityMGM1VIPDined on 10/17/2014Wonderful spot. Great menu and food was spectacular. Service needs a little more enthusiasm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewbdaydinnerDined on 10/17/2014It has a amazing view. The food was good nothing earth shattering. The service could use some work like refilling water glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So far our best dining in BostonOroroinaDined on 10/16/2014The location is beautiful with a spectacular wiev on the city lights and the river. The service and the food are greate. Just a doubt: when we reserved we asked for a table near the Windows and looking north west (of course no guarantee for that). Nonetheless we arrived just before another couple, which had been set before us: my impression was that they got what should have been our table. In any event we got a window table, looking the river. Next time I hope we will have more chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must do in BostontraveldinerDined on 10/15/2014Amazing views, best of Boston. Food is excellent, favorite is the French onion Soup as a starter, haven't had a better one anywhere. Nice and friendly staff, always happy to take pictures of you and the Boston Skyline.Special Features:
- Work PartyBostonGeekDined on 10/15/2014I took 10 of my colleagues here because of the exceptional service, food, and view that I've experienced in the past and I wasn't disappointed this time either. The only little qualms that I have this time is that we were seated right next to the wine bottle cabinet which prevented the 180 degree view. Also, previous times we had oil with the bread which was delicious. This time we only had butter. I asked for the oil but received oil and balsamic vinegar for salads. The service was exceptional as usual except it could have been a little faster - we had some long waits but it gave us more time to socialize. So all in all it was very good and I recommend it. The price is a little high but it is well worth it once or twice a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Grand Classic RestaurantRickyDined on 10/14/2014Very attentive staff that know everything there is to be known about the menu. Will not shy away from helping accompdate a special request with the chef. Food quality is great. Live jazz band provides a very sofisticated ambiance. The views are breathtaking. It was a great experiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special NightTakkerDined on 10/13/2014Had a beautiful meal along with 6 friends. Were visiting Boston for first time and wanted something special and this certainly ticked all the boxes. Fantastic views, lovely food, attentive staff - what more do you want!!Special Features:
- Second time aroundJayPDined on 10/13/2014The overal experience is great, ambience and food but it's a hit or miss on waiter/ress customer service.Special Features:
- Perfect!MarcelezaDined on 10/12/2014The food, the place, the music....everything perfect! Enough said!Special Features:
- Poor ServiceJimmyDined on 10/12/2014I made a reservation in which I said I wanted to sit by the window. After arriving they made no comment and began to seat us not by a window. We asked if we could sit by a window and they said to wait and then sat us by the window in the bar area although we made a reservation for the main dinning area. Service was then slow.Special Features:
- Poor experience for the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014My girlfriend and I have come to the Top of the Hub a handful of times now, I have never had a disappointing experience until now. Every time we come we always get the baked stuffed lobster, it's usually very delicious. She has just recently found out that she needs to follow a gluten free lifestyle for medical reasons. It was very disappointing to hear our server say that the lobsters come pre stuffed, and can not be served any other way. Really!? A high end restaurant like this and the lobsters come pre stuffed!? She ended up getting a grilled tuna which was very bland, there wasn't much to offer that was gluten free. I ended up getting the baked stuffed lobster which seemed very dry and for the price, was just "okay." We won't be back.Special Features:
- Beautiful view!luvseafood77Dined on 10/12/2014This was a lovely restaurant and the food was very good. We had the 5 course Chef's Choice and it was quite good. I enjoyed the window table as it was a clear night and fun to watch the planes landing, and the cityscape was spectacular. Our experience there was very good but not excellent. Glad that we enjoyed our evening and would recommend going.Special Features:
- Horrible servicefoodie637Dined on 10/12/2014The person at reception was disrespectful and tried to stopped me from going in when I told him I had a reservation. He described my friend who was already waiting inside for me as" a little girl that is this tall (holding his hand to his chest level)" when my friend was actually as tall as him. Servers generally seemed unhappy and did not smile. I was very disappointed with the service. The food was mediocre and tasted bland. The only thing that was worthwhile was the view. Would not go again.
- jemjamDined on 10/12/2014Spectacular view; great service; creative menu. A place for special occasions.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable eveningbostonVisitor225Dined on 10/12/2014The view was awesome. The service was great. Our food was delicious. Nice atmosphere and wonderful place to enjoy a special occasion.Special Features:
- The best restaurant for me..george06Dined on 10/12/2014That night everything was perfect, the great view of Boston, the food was awesome, I git a grilled filet mignon and my girl a grilled niman ranch pork chop, I thought it will be more expensive but it wasn't. The service great, I asked to stay .next yo a window and I got it, I surprised when we ordered the dessert and was "happy anniversary print on the plate, I almost forgot that was my anniversary ans I let them know when I reserved a tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic eavning8niecesDined on 10/12/2014We vere eight nieces going out together and one of us had a birtday. It was wery nice eavning with good food and service and perfectly view over Boston. I have decided to go there again with my husband the next time I will stay with him in Boston. Thanks for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.