Top of the Hub
800 Boylston Street
Prudential Building, 52nd Floor
Boston, MA 02199Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Top of the Hub
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.topofthehub.net/
- Phone: 6175361775
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 11:00am - 1:00am; Monday - Wednesday: 11:30am - 1:00am; Thursday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00am. During these hours, the Top of the Hub has menus for lunch, dinner, cocktails and late night dining.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Marc Porcaro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact our sales and catering department for private rooms.
- Entertainment: A true sense of style and relaxation, Top of the Hub offers delightful jazz ensembles every night — a perfect way to sooth the soul.
A word from Top of the Hub
Top of the Hub only accepts reservations in the dining room for lunch, brunch, and a full dinner for parties up to 10 people. Reservations for just dessert or drinks will not be honored. We do not accept reservations for the bar or the lounge area. While we appreciate requests for window seating, we cannot guarantee them. However, we will do our best to accommodate your requests.Continued
Please also note we serve only Brunch on Sundays until 2 p.m.
Please also note we serve only Brunch on Sundays until 2 p.m.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Top of the Hub - Best Restaurants in Back Bay ›
Top of the Hub reviews from OpenTable diners
675 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (586)special occasion (509)romantic (452)notable wine list (189)fit for foodies (134)hot spot (118)great for lunch (117)vibrant bar scene (96)good for groups (93)great for brunch (85)late-night find (62)neighborhood gem (51)kid-friendly (26)great for outdoor dining (10)Show More
- Personal opinionOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/28/2014There's a problem that one waiter is working for too many tables so they can be late or pay no attention to the clients. The reason why I gave the overall 5 stars to the restaurant is because I reserved a table for 2 at windows and they did give me that table. That's really nice! The food is not bad and is enough, don't worry, you won't feel hungry after a lunch, a brunch or a dinner. Great for outdoor dining and scenic view!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful BrunchchetzakDined on 9/28/2014A fabulous weekend in Boston, the Top of The Hub is always on my list to stop for brunch and/or lunch. Great views, excellent service from the time you enter until you finally decide to leave. This place has been on my "must stop" list for the last 50+ years and hopefully for the next 50+ yearsSpecial Features:
- Romantic Bday DinnermaymayDined on 9/27/2014This was a birthday dinner outing for 2. They were very accommodating worth the request for window seating. We were running about 10 minutes late do to having difficulty finding right parking lot and the hostess was very understanding. After dinner they moved us to the lounge area where a band was playing and ambience was good with a great view of Boston. Waiter helped with the food options which were good but needed more flavor. We gotthe seafood pasta and halibut fish. Alcoholic drinks were great, Mango mojito and tropical martini. The serve was good, very nice and helpful with drink and food choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!EvonneDined on 9/27/2014Took our international business client here, his first time to Boston city and he was completely blown away by the view. Great ambience and service were wonderful. It seems they improved the service at the reception and the food wS great as compared to year ago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014It is obviously the best view, and the food was very good! I highly recommend this for a date night or as a fun place for drinks.Special Features:
- Happy 10th Anniversary BabyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014We had a most wonderful meal at the restaurant. We did the Skywalk first for the superb views of the city. Then we were seated at a corner window table. The service and food were top notch. The staff even placed candles on our desserts for our special occasion. Very impressive all around, we left extremely satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch -OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014What a great pplace for a lunch in Boston for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Amazing views, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/23/2014On a weekday we were seated by a window with an amazing view. The food was excellent. The service was good, but not consistent - at times we felt we were being hurriedSpecial Features:
- Great eveningLoveGoodFoodDined on 9/23/2014We had the 5 course tasting menu and it was wonderful. The portions were just the right size as was the wine portion. The pairings was very nice. The view was fantastic and our waiter was very accommodating and helpful. Great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food with a great view!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014My wife and I made a reservation for sunset for our honeymoon trip to Boston. We were treated to a great view of the skyline illuminated by the setting sun. It was an unforgettable experience. The food and the service were top notch with every course bringing delicious surprises. Would wholeheartedly recommend it to anyone looking for a special meal in Boston!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LusanaDined on 9/23/2014Perfect!!! Thank you for making my husband's birthday so special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeAWESOMEDined on 9/22/2014We took my mom and her friend who came from Moscow for our goodbye lunch and they both loved the food and the view! service was awesome too- Halid knew few words in Russian, so my mom was delighted:) Food was excellent!!Special Features:
- Wonderful place for an anniversaryhgrecruitDined on 9/21/2014We were seated at a lovely table with a view of Cambridge. We ordered the prix fixe menu and were both delighted with our choices. My lobster bisque was superb. My husband's scallops were large and succulent. He said they were the best scallops he has ever had. It was a romantic way to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. Thanks so much!Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014Just amazing....I don't know how you could improve on a restraunt that seemingly has it all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic proposal celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I had popped the question to my fiancee earlier in the day, and we were able to enjoy just a fantastic celebratory dinner at a window table in the Top of The Hub. Our waiter went above and beyond to make sure we had a memorable experience and I could not have asked for a more special night. The entire staff was very courteous and it made the ultimate romantic setting, thank you!Special Features:
- less than impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I had high expectations for top of the hub and was very disappointed when we finally left. It took 30 minutes to get a martini then whole dinner with drinks, an appetizer and mason course took 2 hours with a minimum wait time been sections of 15 minutes and that was for cappuccino at the end. The quality of the food is great except we got shell in our lobster cake and the pork chop was dry but the flavors were good and the lamb shank was perfect. All of my friends have wanted to go here and I've told them not to bother unless they are just going to go to the bar and see the view. Our waiter also was a bit condensing when I think he misheard us talking about the prices not being too bad and comparable to other restaurants we have visited.Special Features:
- Fantastic Food and ViewJimmySFoodIdkDined on 9/20/2014Both the view and food stand out at Top of the Hub. The view from the 52nd floor of the Prudential building was jaw dropping and only added to an experience that was already fantastic. For my one-year anniversary with my girlfriend, I decided to take her to Top of the Hub for a romantic meal. Our dinner was great -- she ordered duck confit, scallops, and a pineapple/coconut cream pie as a part of the three course/$58 prix fixe. I, on the other hand, ordered the bacon steak/tomato salad, veal sirloin, and espresso creme brulee from the same prix fixe. Having shared some of my girlfriend's food as well, I can say that all of our dishes were delicious. Overall, the experience was fantastic.Special Features:
- Greeter was not very friendlyDrOrlandoDined on 9/19/2014For such a nice restaurant , you should have a very friendly and accomodating person. She seemed like a greeter in a fast food joint.. Not good at allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Amazing Experience!MiniCoop469Dined on 9/19/2014My husband and I ate at Top of the Hub for our Babymoon in Boston. The entire experience was magical!! We had the crab cakes for an appetizer, chicken pot pie, sausage and broccoli ravioli, and mousse cake for dessert. It was one of the most delicious meals I've ever eaten out! The food came to us hot, fresh, and full of flavor!! The dining room experience also can't be beat, as you're sitting on top of the Prudential Center and overlooking Boston below. That -- coupled with fine linen, fine place-settings, AND a professional, courteous staff -- turns lunch or dinner into a magical experience. (They also wrote 'Congratulations' in chocolate on my dessert plate, because they knew I was expecting my first child)! An amazing experience!Special Features:
- 15th AnniversaryHighatlitudediningDined on 9/18/2014The perfect place to enjoy our 15th Anniversary evening and dinner. Staff was very friendly and patron oriented. Our server was great, very attentive. She had no problem with us wanting to have a lengthy service. Never felt rushed or pressured to eat and go. The food was amazing, on par with the spectacular skyline view. Definitely a spot to recommend and go back to.Special Features:
- special night outthehubDined on 9/18/2014I travel to boston four times a year, and I make it a special event with my wife to go to the top of the hub at least twice a year. we cherish the time we have looking out over boston from the table view of the city. we can't ask for better service from the staff and never had a bad meal there, so I tip my hat to the top of the hub for making my night so pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent View!WaltDined on 9/18/2014I've returned here a few times with friends visiting from various places. The prix-fixe menu is usually always a great option and I've enjoyed the selections in the past. Unfortunately this visit was an exception. The kale salad was very good. The pineapple tart was very nice, not too sweet. I was looking forward to the entree of fresh Hake and saffron rice. I usually always enjoy anything with saffron. Okra is just one of those things I find difficult to eat and unfortunately the rice was infused with okra and its juices- not good. Had I known the dish was garnished with cilantro and accompanied by okra I definitely would have made another choice. One other person mentioned that he's ordered chicken before and found it underdone again.Special Features:
- The View is EverythingBonwahDined on 9/16/2014This really is an astonishing view, and it makes everything else sort of unimportant. We visited for my wife's birthday and it was just right for that occasion. The food was OK, but (as with all restaurants with a view) *only* OK. Service was attentive but somehow not really smooth; waiter was friendly and interested but just didn't seem quite comfortable in the job. Salads came zooming out before we'd gotten our wine, and so on. As I say, we had a lovely time -- the setting is terrific. Wouldn't recommend it for families or large groups unless money truly is no object.Special Features:
- amazing.RM913Dined on 9/14/2014My husband and I dined here the night after our wedding. The view was spectacular. We were lucky enough to have a window table, overlooking Fenway Park and the Charles River. Not only was the food delicious, but the atmosphere overall was amazing. Great way to finish the best weekend ever :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veg menuVegiDined on 9/14/2014The menu should include good vegetarian option also. We were not able to eat much and bill amount was very less - bad for you guys.Special Features:
- A nice nightOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/14/2014Although pricey, the service was great, food was wonderful - a great spot for a special occasionSpecial Features:
- The view is amazingShayDined on 9/14/2014I have a wonderful brunch with my friends. Strongly recommend for Sunday brunch. Quiet enough for me to have a good conversation with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this spot!JessVIPDined on 9/13/2014This was my second time at Top of the Hub, and again I was not disappointed. The food, amazing service and not to mention, the beautiful panoramic view of Boston, makes the experience one to remember. Will definitely head there again very soon!Special Features:
- A must visit in BostonJamonDined on 9/13/2014Excellent tasting menu along with wine pairing. The service was impeccable. You will not find a better view. A MUST if visiting Boston.Special Features:
- Resting on its tired old laurelsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014This was a very unimpressive experience and hardly worth the view that makes it famous. Our server did a decent job, but felt bad for him as he was representing a kitchen that seems to be going though the motions for this tired old tourist trap. I sent my cold soup back twice before giving up and also sent back a cold side dish. When I raised these issues to the mgr. at the end of the night, she was combative & cited all the good reviews they get (hah!). I guess food temperature is in the palate of the beholder. Our entrees (steak & a veal sirloin) were just OK. This restaurant needs a serious makeover in its 70's style decor, its blase attitude and uninspiring food and menu. C'mon ownership - how 'bout a little effort????!!!!
- DineOutOftenDineOutOftenVIPDined on 9/13/2014We were celebrating the anniversary of another couple and the restaurant was very attentive to that, which we appreciated. Our waiter was fabulous and service was very good, even though the place was mobbed. Overall it was a good experience, but the noise level was so high that we could not talk across the table and the temperature was so cold that we were looking for coats to put on. The food was good, but the prices were very high, making the expectations greater.Special Features:
- I thought the menu could have more!OverpricedDined on 9/12/2014Service great, too pricey, not enough choices on the menu.Special Features:
- You are paying for the view.dubnobassDined on 9/12/2014The food is disappointing and overpriced. Why would they need to impress tourists who are never going to come back anyway? Insulted that they would not seat us by the window even though there were at least 2 window tables open. The hostess said they were "expecting someone". We had reservations too; was she not expecting us? Those tables went unused for 40+ minutes while we lamented over the food with no incredible view to make up for it.Special Features:
- Amazing experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Went with my boyfriend for our 4 year anniversary. We both had salmon with a martini, it was delicious! And the service was on point. No complaintsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the wait...GaryDined on 9/12/2014Had a 7pm reservation for my daughters 8th birthday only to be asked to wait to be seated in an area that didn't have a place to sit and waited more than a half hour standing with two kids before the hostess came to get us. Food was just OK and way overpriced.
- NancieVIPDined on 9/12/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday and could not be more pleased with the food, service, and view. Will definitely return again soon.Special Features:
- good date placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014Top of the Hub is a great place to take someone on a romantic date if they haven't seen Boston. Try and go after its dark for a better ambiance. The food is not that great for the price but the drinks are really nice.Special Features:
- I love it!maria0414Dined on 9/12/2014Top of the Hub manages to amaze me every time I go. The food is absolute perfection! There's one thing about Top of the Hub, and that is that your mouth waters thinking about the food, when the food is coming, when you're looking at your plate, when you eat that savory first bite, and when the meal is over. You can never have too much of anything here.Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/11/2014One of the best dinners I've had! Vladimir was fantastic and made the experience that much better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stavdoggieDined on 9/11/2014Good food, good service , and great view. It is expensive, but that was expected. Overall a very nice experience.Special Features: