Top of the Hub
800 Boylston Street
Prudential Building, 52nd Floor
Boston, MA 02199Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Top of the Hub
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.topofthehub.net/
- Phone: 6175361775
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 11:00am - 1:00am; Monday - Wednesday: 11:30am - 1:00am; Thursday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00am. During these hours, the Top of the Hub has menus for lunch, dinner, cocktails and late night dining.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Marc Porcaro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact our sales and catering department for private rooms.
- Entertainment: A true sense of style and relaxation, Top of the Hub offers delightful jazz ensembles every night — a perfect way to sooth the soul.
A word from Top of the Hub
Top of the Hub only accepts reservations in the dining room for lunch, brunch, and a full dinner for parties up to 10 people. Reservations for just dessert or drinks will not be honored. We do not accept reservations for the bar or the lounge area. While we appreciate requests for window seating, we cannot guarantee them. However, we will do our best to accommodate your requests.Continued
Please also note we serve only Brunch on Sundays until 2 p.m.
Please also note we serve only Brunch on Sundays until 2 p.m.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Top of the Hub - Best Restaurants in Back Bay ›
Top of the Hub reviews from OpenTable diners
674 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (586)special occasion (510)romantic (446)notable wine list (186)fit for foodies (126)hot spot (114)great for lunch (113)vibrant bar scene (97)great for brunch (87)good for groups (87)late-night find (60)neighborhood gem (46)kid-friendly (23)great for outdoor dining (7)Show More
- Greeter was not very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/19/2014For such a nice restaurant , you should have a very friendly and accomodating person. She seemed like a greeter in a fast food joint.. Not good at allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Amazing Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014My husband and I ate at Top of the Hub for our Babymoon in Boston. The entire experience was magical!! We had the crab cakes for an appetizer, chicken pot pie, sausage and broccoli ravioli, and mousse cake for dessert. It was one of the most delicious meals I've ever eaten out! The food came to us hot, fresh, and full of flavor!! The dining room experience also can't be beat, as you're sitting on top of the Prudential Center and overlooking Boston below. That -- coupled with fine linen, fine place-settings, AND a professional, courteous staff -- turns lunch or dinner into a magical experience. (They also wrote 'Congratulations' in chocolate on my dessert plate, because they knew I was expecting my first child)! An amazing experience!Special Features:
- 15th AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014The perfect place to enjoy our 15th Anniversary evening and dinner. Staff was very friendly and patron oriented. Our server was great, very attentive. She had no problem with us wanting to have a lengthy service. Never felt rushed or pressured to eat and go. The food was amazing, on par with the spectacular skyline view. Definitely a spot to recommend and go back to.Special Features:
- Excellent View!WaltDined on 9/18/2014I've returned here a few times with friends visiting from various places. The prix-fixe menu is usually always a great option and I've enjoyed the selections in the past. Unfortunately this visit was an exception. The kale salad was very good. The pineapple tart was very nice, not too sweet. I was looking forward to the entree of fresh Hake and saffron rice. I usually always enjoy anything with saffron. Okra is just one of those things I find difficult to eat and unfortunately the rice was infused with okra and its juices- not good. Had I known the dish was garnished with cilantro and accompanied by okra I definitely would have made another choice. One other person mentioned that he's ordered chicken before and found it underdone again.Special Features:
- The View is EverythingBonwahDined on 9/16/2014This really is an astonishing view, and it makes everything else sort of unimportant. We visited for my wife's birthday and it was just right for that occasion. The food was OK, but (as with all restaurants with a view) *only* OK. Service was attentive but somehow not really smooth; waiter was friendly and interested but just didn't seem quite comfortable in the job. Salads came zooming out before we'd gotten our wine, and so on. As I say, we had a lovely time -- the setting is terrific. Wouldn't recommend it for families or large groups unless money truly is no object.Special Features:
- amazing.RM913Dined on 9/14/2014My husband and I dined here the night after our wedding. The view was spectacular. We were lucky enough to have a window table, overlooking Fenway Park and the Charles River. Not only was the food delicious, but the atmosphere overall was amazing. Great way to finish the best weekend ever :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Veg menuVegiDined on 9/14/2014The menu should include good vegetarian option also. We were not able to eat much and bill amount was very less - bad for you guys.Special Features:
- A nice nightOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/14/2014Although pricey, the service was great, food was wonderful - a great spot for a special occasionSpecial Features:
- The view is amazingShayDined on 9/14/2014I have a wonderful brunch with my friends. Strongly recommend for Sunday brunch. Quiet enough for me to have a good conversation with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this spot!JessVIPDined on 9/13/2014This was my second time at Top of the Hub, and again I was not disappointed. The food, amazing service and not to mention, the beautiful panoramic view of Boston, makes the experience one to remember. Will definitely head there again very soon!Special Features:
- A must visit in BostonJamonDined on 9/13/2014Excellent tasting menu along with wine pairing. The service was impeccable. You will not find a better view. A MUST if visiting Boston.Special Features:
- Resting on its tired old laurelsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014This was a very unimpressive experience and hardly worth the view that makes it famous. Our server did a decent job, but felt bad for him as he was representing a kitchen that seems to be going though the motions for this tired old tourist trap. I sent my cold soup back twice before giving up and also sent back a cold side dish. When I raised these issues to the mgr. at the end of the night, she was combative & cited all the good reviews they get (hah!). I guess food temperature is in the palate of the beholder. Our entrees (steak & a veal sirloin) were just OK. This restaurant needs a serious makeover in its 70's style decor, its blase attitude and uninspiring food and menu. C'mon ownership - how 'bout a little effort????!!!!
- DineOutOftenDineOutOftenVIPDined on 9/13/2014We were celebrating the anniversary of another couple and the restaurant was very attentive to that, which we appreciated. Our waiter was fabulous and service was very good, even though the place was mobbed. Overall it was a good experience, but the noise level was so high that we could not talk across the table and the temperature was so cold that we were looking for coats to put on. The food was good, but the prices were very high, making the expectations greater.Special Features:
- I thought the menu could have more!OverpricedDined on 9/12/2014Service great, too pricey, not enough choices on the menu.Special Features:
- You are paying for the view.dubnobassDined on 9/12/2014The food is disappointing and overpriced. Why would they need to impress tourists who are never going to come back anyway? Insulted that they would not seat us by the window even though there were at least 2 window tables open. The hostess said they were "expecting someone". We had reservations too; was she not expecting us? Those tables went unused for 40+ minutes while we lamented over the food with no incredible view to make up for it.Special Features:
- Amazing experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014Went with my boyfriend for our 4 year anniversary. We both had salmon with a martini, it was delicious! And the service was on point. No complaintsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the wait...GaryDined on 9/12/2014Had a 7pm reservation for my daughters 8th birthday only to be asked to wait to be seated in an area that didn't have a place to sit and waited more than a half hour standing with two kids before the hostess came to get us. Food was just OK and way overpriced.
- NancieVIPDined on 9/12/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday and could not be more pleased with the food, service, and view. Will definitely return again soon.Special Features:
- good date placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014Top of the Hub is a great place to take someone on a romantic date if they haven't seen Boston. Try and go after its dark for a better ambiance. The food is not that great for the price but the drinks are really nice.Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/11/2014One of the best dinners I've had! Vladimir was fantastic and made the experience that much better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stavdoggieDined on 9/11/2014Good food, good service , and great view. It is expensive, but that was expected. Overall a very nice experience.Special Features:
- We felt very rushed & food so sosdmargoVIPDined on 9/10/2014Our waiter mad us feel very rushed at 1 PM with multiple tables still available. Our BLT was served as a club sandwhich with skimpy bacon and thin bread. The homemade potato chips were so so. The view, however, was spectacular.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014Outstanding food and service. Well worth the money and all backed up by a wonderful view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticNicknameNotApplicableDined on 9/8/2014The views were fantastic, the food exceptional, the staff tremendous. If I could afford it this would be my new "go-to" place for Boston. As it stands I plan on getting back here at least a couple of times a year.Special Features:
- AmazingshaneloveslauraDined on 9/7/2014Went with my girlfriend for our 3yr anniversary. It was unbelievable! I am positive it will be a yearly occurrance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014The view over Boston and Cambridge was great. The food was good. The overall experience was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for special occasion!HollybearDined on 9/7/2014Incredible views of Boston, wonderful service and excellent food in elegant setting makes this a great place for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencecubanfrombostonDined on 9/6/2014My brother and his girlfriend were visiting Boston for their first time from Florida. I wanted to share the view of the beautiful scene Boston has to offer so I took him here. Food was great with beautiful presentation and charismatic servers. The scenic view is breathtakingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Memory1HappyCoupleDined on 9/6/2014This is our first time to the Top of the Hub. We were celebrating our 40th Wedding Anniversary & decided this would be a special restaurant & experience . We were so happy we made this choice! Everything was perfect, making our night even more special.The ambiance,service, & food ,all excellent. Your wait staff simply was the nicest (all of them) making us feel special. Never did we feel rushed . We took in the awe of our view and surroundings..beautiful! In fact we arrived just before an sweeping thunder storm. It was amazing to watch...again to mention, never feeling rushed. Even our desert was scripted "Happy Anniversary: from the chef !. What a nice touch! We would defineltey recommend to our family & friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Very nice atmosphere, food was very nice, service was quick and professional. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entree was terrible.EltmDined on 9/6/2014I had a seafood stew and it was bland and dry and not good at allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for a special occasion.ChucLauDined on 9/6/2014An elegant setting with beautiful panoramic views of Boston. Expertly prepared food served by an attentive and friendly wait staff.Special Features:
- Good food and great views of BostonantonbagayevDined on 9/6/2014Several members in our group were visitng Boston for the first time. This was na unbeatable location to give them breathtaking views of Boston. All of them enjoyed their food as well. I'd recommend bringing your Boston guests there in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Server was not very friendly. The salmon was good but the potatoes were not.Special Features:
- great spotcdiddyDined on 9/5/2014Made a reservation for a special occasion- they accommodated well. We came on time, signed up for a window table- had a drink and then reminded the hostess of our reservation and then a table suddenly appeared open. The food was good- not amazing but that was probably a result of not ordering the right things. Dessert was amazing- perhaps worth the trip by itself for that. No matter the food, the atmosphere is amazing!Special Features:
- Perfect for all out of town guests.DineViewDined on 9/5/2014The view is spectacular and there is no other restaurant that can compare in Boston. They also have live music. Everyone asks for a window table, and we got lucky because one became available. Thank you for being accommodating with gluten-free options also. The food and service was excellent! The menu does change with seasonal availability.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014the food was wonderful! the view was amazing! the service was impeccable. the only complaint would be that we had a reservation for 9:30pm, it was nearly 10pm when we were seated, even though there were many empty tables and we had arrived early. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- If I could give it 6 stars I wouldOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/4/2014Amazing view, amazing food. Don't ask questions just make a reservation and go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb, with one issueanonymousDined on 9/3/2014The evening was nearly perfect. Fantastic food, first-rate waitstaff, wonderful ambiance. The one issue we had is that we wanted to sit by the window instead of in the middle of the room, and the maitre d at first said it was impossible for us to do so and then after we showed him an empty table was hesitant, saying that they had later reservations. (Our reservation was for 9:30 pm, the latest seating they offer.) We did eventually move to the better table. The table we vacated and other tables both in the middle of the room and at the windows remained empty for the rest of the night; we didn't see any other diners come in after we moved. The maitre d could have handled this situation better, even though in the end we were happy.Special Features:
- fantastic and moreWe2LovedItDined on 9/2/2014Our first time here and so happy we came! The waitstaff was outstanding, polite, helpful, attentive. The wine and other drinks were excellent, the veal I had was tender and delicious and my husband's short ribs were outstanding as well. Everything was cooked just right and served elegantly. We told our waiter that we had a gift card from our children and grandchildren, and to our delight and surprise, our dessert plate came with two lit candles and Happy Anniversary written in chocolate at the bottom of the plate. After dinner we enjoyed the fantastic jazz trio and would have stayed longer but we had to catch the T. Outstanding in every way. The view was spectacular and the sunset awesome.We shall return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.