Top of the Hub
800 Boylston Street
Prudential Building, 52nd Floor
Boston, MA 02199Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Top of the Hub
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.topofthehub.net/
- Phone: (617) 536-1775
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 11:00am - 1:00am; Monday - Wednesday: 11:30am - 1:00am; Thursday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00am. During these hours, the Top of the Hub has menus for lunch, dinner, cocktails and late night dining.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Marc Porcaro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact our sales and catering department for private rooms.
- Entertainment: A true sense of style and relaxation, Top of the Hub offers delightful jazz ensembles every night — a perfect way to sooth the soul.
A word from Top of the Hub
Top of the Hub only accepts reservations in the dining room for lunch, brunch, and a full dinner for parties up to 10 people. Reservations for just dessert or drinks will not be honored. We do not accept reservations for the bar or the lounge area. While we appreciate requests for window seating, we cannot guarantee them. However, we will do our best to accommodate your requests.Continued
Please also note we serve only Brunch on Sundays until 2 p.m.
Please also note we serve only Brunch on Sundays until 2 p.m.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Top of the Hub - Best Restaurants in Back Bay ›
Top of the Hub reviews from OpenTable diners
701 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (622)special occasion (560)romantic (490)notable wine list (204)fit for foodies (160)hot spot (139)great for lunch (125)vibrant bar scene (110)good for groups (108)great for brunch (88)late-night find (78)neighborhood gem (66)kid-friendly (24)great for outdoor dining (13)Show More
- Top of the Line!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/26/2014The Top of the Hub was a phenomenal restaurant! The service was outstanding, the food was divine, and the general atmosphere of the joint was jazz age classical meets new age class. A great spot to impress a date or have some wine and decadent cuisine with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very beautiful view and very good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/26/2014The view is of course spectacular, while food is very good. Portions are well sized, not huge not small which is great. Waiter was very polite and professional. I enjoyed a dinner with my girlfriend and we both left happy and satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2014The best sperience, the food was great and the service... The best, I love that placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/24/2014My entire experience was fantastic!! Food was great and the service was perfect. My server and the other wait staff even remembered it was my mother's birthday and on the dessert, a "happy birthday" message accompanied the chocolate cake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- view is awesomeMikeVIPDined on 11/24/2014very nice time overall, food has always been least likeable part of the restaurant. view incredible, service was great. food just lacking a little. prices not bad at all, so if they need to charge more fro more flavor, i'd say go for it. Overall worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful place, great service, food OkdantedplDined on 11/23/2014Went there for anniversary celebration and the place is really nice. Try to tell the hostess to put you near a window. Pros: Service, the view, the sirloin veil. Cons: Price is high compared to the food quality and taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingWorm22Dined on 11/22/2014Amazing food, service, and atmosphere. And did I mention the view?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing view! Excellent Food! Wonderful Staff!Ambs1019Dined on 11/22/2014Our waitress was very sweet and attentive. However, we did state that it was someone is our parties birthday and there were no special accomodations made. We were expecting there to be. The food was amazing and the drinks were delish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014For our three year anniversary, my boyfriend and I decided to try something new. We travelled to Boston to visit Top of the Hub and we weren't dissapointed! We had the three course meal and the dessert was our favorite! We informed our hostess and waitress it was our anniversary and to our surprise, they wrote on our dessert plates Happy Anniversary and Congragulations! The waitress was very kind and even volunteered to take many photos of us. The service was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding view with casual dining menu.MarcVIPDined on 11/22/2014Limited menu with casual dining food. All we ate was good but nothing to write about. Service was average...it was my daughters birthday and I had called in to ask that a cake be offered to her at the end of the meal. Of course they forgot and brought out the desert menu...so much for the surprise! Would go back if we are looking to show off the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place with good food and unparrelled viewsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/21/2014Greta food, good wine list. We had the 7 course tasting menu with the wine flight that was fantastic. Our table was at the window facing downtown Boston so the views were unmatched in the city. It is a large restaurant and lost of folks show up without a reservation. So to that extent it is a bit of a tourist trap. On Saturday night they have a great jazz band as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/21/2014This is a must if visiting Boston. Great view of the city (request seat by the window with reservation). Food was excellent, with good sized portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Strange/rude service, good food, great viewsJMLSDined on 11/20/2014Our party of three had a reservation for 8.30 but on arrival were told we could not be seated until 9pm so we're encouraged to buy a drink and enjoy it on the couches or by the bar. We said we would have a cocktail on the couches and that the delay was no problem - he then told us there were infact no couches at this time and we'd need to sit or stand by the bar until they were ready. The view was spectacular and cocktails delicious! 9pm came and we were seated but bread was not brought to our table. After observing every table receiving bread with their order, we asked for some to eat with our main course. Thirty minutes passed and we still didn't have bread. We asked again and the waiter handballed responsibility to someone else. The food was good though and service constant, our glasses never empty. When the bill came and we had paid the waiter he said he'd return with our change and thanks for visiting the Hub etc. He then returned 10 minutes later with nothing in hand saying 'SOOO did you want your change, or are you all set?'. We were certainly going to tip him but the fact he asked apposed to returning the change with our reciept we found extremely rude and unprofessional. We were then dismissed by the cloak room manager upon leaving who made us feel bad for asking for our coats, like we were disturbing him or something. The view is marvelous, the food is good and cocktails superb! The service was just so strange and almost amateur for a place of such calaba.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014In love with this place. I would come everyday if I could. The pork chop and crab cakes are wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyNaples1VIPDined on 11/20/2014Lovely evening- view spectacular, service impeccable- food very good. celebration for our daughter - she thoroughly enjoyed her evening. Had not been at TOB for years and must say I will be back again soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendedJuanDined on 11/20/2014My wife and I had not been at the Top of the Hub for some time and we went there for lunch because it was a beautiful day and we liked the view. We were more than pleasantly surprised when we found the food and the service were absolutely outstanding. They were both at the level of the old Ritz Carlton dining room in its heydays. The food was delicately delicious and the martinis that we enjoyed were among the best we have ever had. Needless to say that we moved it up on our list from "visit occasionally" to "go there often"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing.OTnewbieDined on 11/19/2014Amazing view, food was terrific! We had the filet and Vermont misty knoll chicken, they were both delicious. We got the chocolate lava cake with salted caramel ice cream for dessert. It was heaven. Looking forward to going again for the food and view of Boston!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!RaisaDined on 11/17/2014Amazing food, amazing service, amazing view! The waiter was very friendly and it was almost like he read our minds! My fiancée proposed at the hub on our anniversary and everything was perfect! They went above and beyond with everything! Hands down one of the best restaurants I've been to!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, such a great placeDDRZDined on 11/16/2014went with my wife for our 10th anniversary, so pleasant, food is great prices are reasonable, breath taking view, service is intimate and welcoming, fast and efficient, and the restaurant Interior is fancy, only good words to say about this experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surpassed expectationsDocBlues6Dined on 11/16/2014When you hear the word "Sunday brunch," you may envision yourself standing in a line plate in hand, eyeing the last piece of bacon on a greasy pan or counting the seconds until your waffle needs to be repressed like a dry cleaner with a pair of trousers. Fear not ... it's all tableside here and delivered elegantly here, with prompt attention served to all. The four course menu took care of any anxiety ... and the choices were well chosen. Server Martin was great. Will definitely return. No worries, mate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dining floating above the city!NormaZDined on 11/15/2014Absolutely our favorite spot for special occasion dining. Fabulous food. Wonderful ambience. Excellent service. Nothing beats looking down on the city lights below!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It wans an amazing lunch with an explendid view.LyzEDined on 11/15/2014Perfect way to get a great view of the city. It was a breath taking view with a great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect viewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2014One couldn't hope for a better view of Boston. Even the tables that are not next to the windows have great views. Spacious, quiet, not touristy. The food was excellent for lunch, and the prices are reasonable, especially given the elegance and space and view. Our guest from India was quite pleased. Vegetarian options make this a good choice for all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Dinner was great. I went with my girlfriend for our 2 year anniversary. The view is spectacular, and the food was great. We got the 3 course prix fixe meal, which was outstanding (Top of the Hub is the kind of place you go for a special occasion and treat yourself a bit). The waiter asked us if we were celebrating anything and brought out desert with candles and plates saying "Happy Anniversary" written on them. Great experience overall :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food, service & music all excellent!BirthdayGirlDined on 11/14/2014Great service from moment we walked in. We requested window table and so waited at bar for just few min and had drink. Bartender friendly and made great Cosmo! View from our window table spectacular! Perfect night to see skyline in Boston. Waiter great service and food was wonderful, with special shout out to the salad (can't remember name) that had walnuts, I think, cooked in unique way...amazing! Everything was great! Ended the night by moving over to lounge to listen to live band and even danced a little. Perfect end to a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014It was disappointing when you cant get to switch to the window table though it was vacant. And was given to new coming guests. We felt it was waste to book early as 6pm table when ppl get unreserved window table even after 8 pm. No other spaces were available in the dinning area to enjoy the view from top. Including more vegan options in the menue will attract more vegetarians.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 14th Nov 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Great restaurant. I made a reservation online and it was quite straightforward to do that. Food was very good. The only problem however is the size of the food. It could be a lot bigger but overall my experience was brilliant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeluv2dineDined on 11/10/2014A bit on the expensive side, but the food is very good and wine list is superb. In reality though, what really makes this place to stand out is the view. This is the highest publicly available vantage point of Boston, and at night, you cannot beat the romantic value. Guys, take notice - this is a perfect first-date spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A spectacular, memorable experienceKateDined on 11/9/2014It would be impossible to overstate what an amazing experience we had at Top of the Hub. The table location was perfect and the brunch menu was impressive. From the bacon steak with gorgonzola to bbq garlic shrimp with goat cheese crepe, the lobster and cheese Omelet of the Day to the sausage and broccolini ravioli, tiramisu to the carrot cake cupcake, each course was beautiful to look at and an absolute pleasure to taste. Service was impeccable while also friendly and welcoming; our server and his assistant definitely made our dining experience special. We arrived at Top of the Hub expecting to have a good meal and an enjoyable time; what we had far exceeded our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great DinnerMercianknightDined on 11/8/2014Thank goodness we had a reservation as this place gets busier & busier every time we visit. We arrived in plenty of time and were greeted at the entrance by delightful staff who took the time to comment that this was a special occasion for us. We had a quick drink at the bar before being taken to a window table for two for that stunning view of Boston at night. The Chef's sampler dinner with wine is our preferred meal and it did not fail to impress, helped by very attentive wait-staff who assisted in explaining the choices of wines with each course. The whole thing was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed with the foodAlwaDined on 11/8/2014This was our second visit, we chose the fixed price menu, which looked inviting. The cheapest option but not a "cheap" price. The food was disappointing, spicy lobster soup was not spicy; the main courses were unexciting and unimaginatively served. We ate here early in the year; again choosing the fixed price menu and had a much better experience. You cannot fault the restaurant for service, ambience and location so such a shame that the food didn't live up to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just PerfectBostonLadyDined on 11/8/2014Just perfect for a special occasion. Get reservations early and request a window seat - totally worth it. Amazing food, service and views and the prices fit what you expect. Bar crowd can be a bit noisy.Special Features:
- Worth it for a special occasionbonnieeatsDined on 11/8/2014This was my 1st time dining at TotH, we went because it was our anniversary. We arrived more than a 1/2 hour early for our 5:30 reservation, expecting to have a drink at the bar or in the lounge but we were seated at just about 5:00. Since it was a Saturday, it was already busy and since we were already there, I think they just wanted to get us in (and out) as quickly as possible, which was fine with us, as the bar was crowded. I had requested a table by the window, which I recommend if you can get it -- the view is truly spectacular!! My husband (who is picky) had the tuna and liked it, I had the 7oz filet mignon medium rare and it was PERFECT. I also recommend walking around the entire restaurant so you can see Boston in 360*!Special Features:
- Dining In StyleCherylVIPDined on 11/7/2014This was a special occasion dinner for a very good friend and we were so happy with our table by the window, incredible food and service. We never felt rushed and the price is well worth it for the food, service and incredible view.Special Features:
- So soOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/7/2014Other than the fact that this place is on the top of Prudential tower, nothing special : over priced, you cannot really see the view(limited view), food is mediocre, service is just so so. Not a special experience for the amount you have to spend there.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/6/2014My husband and I went to Top of the Hub for a romantic dinner on our last night in Boston. The restaurant is beautiful, and the view is spectacular. It was a little stormy the night we went and we literally ate in the clouds and could see glimpses of the city below. We chose the three course tasting menu with the pre-selected wine pairings and were not disappointed. The spicy lobster soup and coconut cream pie were my favorite dishes. Everything was delicious and the service very attentive. The only slightly negative thing I can say about the experience was that our bill was incorrect when it was brought out which we asked to be corrected which it was.Special Features:
- nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014The food was good, the view was nice, the staff was friendly and helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best timeSpeshlTimzDined on 11/4/2014Special place. Timely seating, courteous staff & great food & service. Will return often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first Dateluv2dineDined on 11/4/2014tok my girlfriend here for our first date and let me say this place is awesome. The food is great, the atmosphere is perfect, and the scenery is to die for. I have been going here for years and it always seeks to amaze me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A View To RememberJustinChapDined on 11/3/2014Looking out over Boston at night is breathtaking. This is a fantastic spot for dinner, and you don't even have to break the bank.Special Features: