Top of the Hub
800 Boylston Street
Prudential Building, 52nd Floor
Boston, MA 02199Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Top of the Hub
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.topofthehub.net/
- Phone: 6175361775
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 11:00am - 1:00am; Monday - Wednesday: 11:30am - 1:00am; Thursday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00am. During these hours, the Top of the Hub has menus for lunch, dinner, cocktails and late night dining.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Marc Porcaro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact our sales and catering department for private rooms.
- Entertainment: A true sense of style and relaxation, Top of the Hub offers delightful jazz ensembles every night — a perfect way to sooth the soul.
A word from Top of the Hub
Top of the Hub only accepts reservations in the dining room for lunch, brunch, and a full dinner for parties up to 10 people. Reservations for just dessert or drinks will not be honored. We do not accept reservations for the bar or the lounge area. While we appreciate requests for window seating, we cannot guarantee them. However, we will do our best to accommodate your requests.Continued
Please also note we serve only Brunch on Sundays until 2 p.m.
Please also note we serve only Brunch on Sundays until 2 p.m.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Top of the Hub - Best Restaurants in Back Bay ›
Top of the Hub reviews from OpenTable diners
706 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (617)special occasion (543)romantic (482)notable wine list (199)fit for foodies (153)hot spot (130)great for lunch (126)vibrant bar scene (108)good for groups (104)great for brunch (94)late-night find (71)neighborhood gem (58)kid-friendly (27)great for outdoor dining (13)Show More
- good idea but did not workOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014we had a special occasion. friends here from Europe, first time in the USA. Celebrating 50th birthday. They did not have the reservation and needless to say nor the prosecco ready. when our guests arrived they didn't know anything and had them wait until we arrived. so the planned surprise effect did not happen. service as mentioned was great food was good.Special Features:
- expensive brunch @ $40k +++OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2014Great view of course. Waiter was excellent - fun and attentive. But $40 prix fixe could have at least included the coffee. Food was so-so. Haddock on a plank was overcooked and dried out. Omelet special filled with thickly sliced chorizo had no finesse - hard to chew. Simply expected more for that price. Kudos for Crabmeat Benefict which two in our party of six really enjoyed.Special Features:
- Beware of table positionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014We had to wait 35 minutes past our reservation time for a table. When we were seated we were given a table at the end of the bar area, next to the jazz band. Between the noise of the bar, the noise of the band, and the people crawling over us to take pictures out the window, the dining experience was miserable.
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014Dined here for wedding anniversary. Food was amazing, service was great. Very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely all about the viewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014Food was decent, but the portions were small and the quality wasn't anything amazing considering the price. This place is definitely all about the view, which is quite impressive, even if you're not right up against the window (which, even calling ahead of time to request, wasn't able to happen for us).Special Features:
- Best view in BeantownConnDined on 10/18/2014We took my son there for Parents Wkend for Sun. brunch a few yrs. ago and now that my daughter's also in school in Boston, she wanted to go for lunch for Parents Wkend this year too. We enjoyed both meals and had a different view each time, although you can walk around during or after your meal to see all sides as well. The food was excellent both times. It's a little expensive, but the quality and service were excellent and you can't beat the view. On Sun., they have live jazz music too. The music was pleasant, but not so loud that you couldn't easily carry on a conversation over brunch too. The lobster roll and fried calamari were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice way to end our vacationedge9094Dined on 10/17/2014We celebrated our anniversary during our vacation and we wanted a romantic dinner. We got that and then some from the top of the Hub restaurant! Great service, great good, and a amazing view. We were in awe of our dining experience. We will recommend it to anyone who takes to beautiful Boston. Thank you for a fantastic memory we will cherish forever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014It was great I celebrated my anniversary there and it was worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good serviceBugabooDined on 10/17/2014Appreciated the great window seat and the Halibut was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome views of the cityMGM1VIPDined on 10/17/2014Wonderful spot. Great menu and food was spectacular. Service needs a little more enthusiasm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewbdaydinnerDined on 10/17/2014It has a amazing view. The food was good nothing earth shattering. The service could use some work like refilling water glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So far our best dining in BostonOroroinaDined on 10/16/2014The location is beautiful with a spectacular wiev on the city lights and the river. The service and the food are greate. Just a doubt: when we reserved we asked for a table near the Windows and looking north west (of course no guarantee for that). Nonetheless we arrived just before another couple, which had been set before us: my impression was that they got what should have been our table. In any event we got a window table, looking the river. Next time I hope we will have more chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must do in BostontraveldinerDined on 10/15/2014Amazing views, best of Boston. Food is excellent, favorite is the French onion Soup as a starter, haven't had a better one anywhere. Nice and friendly staff, always happy to take pictures of you and the Boston Skyline.Special Features:
- Work PartyBostonGeekDined on 10/15/2014I took 10 of my colleagues here because of the exceptional service, food, and view that I've experienced in the past and I wasn't disappointed this time either. The only little qualms that I have this time is that we were seated right next to the wine bottle cabinet which prevented the 180 degree view. Also, previous times we had oil with the bread which was delicious. This time we only had butter. I asked for the oil but received oil and balsamic vinegar for salads. The service was exceptional as usual except it could have been a little faster - we had some long waits but it gave us more time to socialize. So all in all it was very good and I recommend it. The price is a little high but it is well worth it once or twice a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Grand Classic RestaurantRickyDined on 10/14/2014Very attentive staff that know everything there is to be known about the menu. Will not shy away from helping accompdate a special request with the chef. Food quality is great. Live jazz band provides a very sofisticated ambiance. The views are breathtaking. It was a great experiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special NightTakkerDined on 10/13/2014Had a beautiful meal along with 6 friends. Were visiting Boston for first time and wanted something special and this certainly ticked all the boxes. Fantastic views, lovely food, attentive staff - what more do you want!!Special Features:
- Second time aroundJayPDined on 10/13/2014The overal experience is great, ambience and food but it's a hit or miss on waiter/ress customer service.Special Features:
- Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014The food, the place, the music....everything perfect! Enough said!Special Features:
- Poor ServiceJimmyDined on 10/12/2014I made a reservation in which I said I wanted to sit by the window. After arriving they made no comment and began to seat us not by a window. We asked if we could sit by a window and they said to wait and then sat us by the window in the bar area although we made a reservation for the main dinning area. Service was then slow.Special Features:
- Poor experience for the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014My girlfriend and I have come to the Top of the Hub a handful of times now, I have never had a disappointing experience until now. Every time we come we always get the baked stuffed lobster, it's usually very delicious. She has just recently found out that she needs to follow a gluten free lifestyle for medical reasons. It was very disappointing to hear our server say that the lobsters come pre stuffed, and can not be served any other way. Really!? A high end restaurant like this and the lobsters come pre stuffed!? She ended up getting a grilled tuna which was very bland, there wasn't much to offer that was gluten free. I ended up getting the baked stuffed lobster which seemed very dry and for the price, was just "okay." We won't be back.Special Features:
- Beautiful view!luvseafood77Dined on 10/12/2014This was a lovely restaurant and the food was very good. We had the 5 course Chef's Choice and it was quite good. I enjoyed the window table as it was a clear night and fun to watch the planes landing, and the cityscape was spectacular. Our experience there was very good but not excellent. Glad that we enjoyed our evening and would recommend going.Special Features:
- Horrible servicefoodie637Dined on 10/12/2014The person at reception was disrespectful and tried to stopped me from going in when I told him I had a reservation. He described my friend who was already waiting inside for me as" a little girl that is this tall (holding his hand to his chest level)" when my friend was actually as tall as him. Servers generally seemed unhappy and did not smile. I was very disappointed with the service. The food was mediocre and tasted bland. The only thing that was worthwhile was the view. Would not go again.
- jemjamDined on 10/12/2014Spectacular view; great service; creative menu. A place for special occasions.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014The view was awesome. The service was great. Our food was delicious. Nice atmosphere and wonderful place to enjoy a special occasion.Special Features:
- The best restaurant for me..george06Dined on 10/12/2014That night everything was perfect, the great view of Boston, the food was awesome, I git a grilled filet mignon and my girl a grilled niman ranch pork chop, I thought it will be more expensive but it wasn't. The service great, I asked to stay .next yo a window and I got it, I surprised when we ordered the dessert and was "happy anniversary print on the plate, I almost forgot that was my anniversary ans I let them know when I reserved a tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic eavning8niecesDined on 10/12/2014We vere eight nieces going out together and one of us had a birtday. It was wery nice eavning with good food and service and perfectly view over Boston. I have decided to go there again with my husband the next time I will stay with him in Boston. Thanks for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SKy high views and foodplasmaroboDined on 10/12/2014Top of the Hub is a very high class spot. Excellent for those special occasion, romantic evenings, or impressing a client. Beautiful view of the whole city and astonishing fare.Special Features:
- Very good scenic view locationAuroraDined on 10/12/2014You are here for the scenic view rather for the food, but the food is definitely beyond my expectation. Sevice was very attentive, and polite with respects. Overall very wonderful experiences.Special Features:
- Wonderful Spot for a CelebrationBabyBack2BillVIPDined on 10/11/2014We were there to celbrate our daughter's engagement. The food was great, the wait staff very attentive and the view spectacular. It did not disappoint and exceeded our expectiations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for special occasionsfmarkmanDined on 10/11/2014I would have rated The Top Of The Hub 5 stars, but we had an issue with our reservation that put a damper on our anniversary celebration. I booked weeks in advance and had requested a table by the window. I booked the table for 5:30 since the sunset was at 6:09 PM, so everything was carefully planned. To have them try to seat us in the middle and say that we could see the sunset from there, through another room, was a joke! I demanded a window table and was told it would be 1 hour. The bar was full, so we stood there for a while until one of the hosts gave us a temporary table where we had a drink. We finally got our table by the window, after the sun had set :( Food, service and table were all great once we were seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Great..Food Not so muchCouplefor39Dined on 10/11/2014My wife and I celebrated our 39th weding anniversary last Saturday evening. Our waiter was very attentive and aware of our special night. The view and ambience were outstanding. My wife ordered a Filet Mignon which was more like a chopped sirloin in taste and appearance. It was also overcooked. They cooked her another steak which was much better. Besides her having to wait for her dinner, I of course had my dinner without her. I am surprised that it would leave the kitchen like this. Also the bill had two steaks on the bill before I pointed their mistake out to our waiter.Special Features:
- Beautiful environment!jaylovesfoodDined on 10/10/2014Parking was a little tricky as was finding the main entrance. The service was excellent. You cannot reserve a window seat which i highly recommend sitting at one. Food was delicious but the portions were small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucky1Dined on 10/10/2014It is a wonderful enviroment. The only positive feedback is our waiter would pick inapropriate times to ask if we needed anything. It happened at least three times when my wife and I were clearly leaning accross the table speaking softly and personnel. Other than that it was great...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014I took my girlfriend to Top of the Hub, needless to say it did not fail to impress. Great venue, impeccable service and the food is spot on. The only point for improvement was the fact that they give you a tea bag when they serve tea and I had really expected nice, loose tea from a place like this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pretty goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/10/2014Top of The Hub is a nice place for dates or special occasions but I'd avoid appetizers for the main course. A $17 scallop app yields TWO scallops compared to a larger main course for $30 something.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant surpriseJimGDined on 10/10/2014It Had been years since i has been there and all i can say i was pleasantly surprised the food was excellent service very good never mind the amazing view but the best part all for a very reasonable priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful experience but very noisyDaisyDined on 10/9/2014We had an excellent meal, and the service was top notch. Priced as I expected. It was too noisy for my liking, I couldn't hear across the table, and there were just three of us. Great live music in the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite placeSupikDined on 10/9/2014This is my favorite place for family celebrations, lunch, and dining with friends from foreign countries. Rare combination of gourmet food, excellent service and amazing view, makes every visit SO special! And the best, all that for a price which is just a little bit higher than other places. Worth every cent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- zzzzVIPDined on 10/9/2014Never expect the food to be above average it was average. The service was really bad. We had to to call the waiter for everything from gettimng the water to getting the bread or the food or the dessert menu. Terrible service. I think the restaurant is so popular with tourists that they do not really care about local customers. Do not really recommend unless you just want the view which is fantastic.Special Features:
- Not happy about my experienceChiefDined on 10/8/2014I made a reservation a week in advance and requested a table by the window which is the reason why I'm dining there. When I got there, they didn't have one for us. That took a lot of the experience. The food was just ok, not something to go back for.Special Features: