Top of the Hub
800 Boylston Street
Prudential Building, 52nd Floor
Boston, MA 02199Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Top of the Hub
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.topofthehub.net/
- Phone: 6175361775
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 11:00am - 1:00am; Monday - Wednesday: 11:30am - 1:00am; Thursday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00am. During these hours, the Top of the Hub has menus for lunch, dinner, cocktails and late night dining.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Marc Porcaro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact our sales and catering department for private rooms.
- Entertainment: A true sense of style and relaxation, Top of the Hub offers delightful jazz ensembles every night — a perfect way to sooth the soul.
A word from Top of the Hub
Top of the Hub only accepts reservations in the dining room for lunch, brunch, and a full dinner for parties up to 10 people. Reservations for just dessert or drinks will not be honored. We do not accept reservations for the bar or the lounge area. While we appreciate requests for window seating, we cannot guarantee them. However, we will do our best to accommodate your requests.Continued
Please also note we serve only Brunch on Sundays until 2 p.m.
Please also note we serve only Brunch on Sundays until 2 p.m.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Top of the Hub - Best Restaurants in Back Bay ›
Top of the Hub reviews from OpenTable diners
701 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (612)special occasion (530)romantic (446)notable wine list (227)fit for foodies (129)great for lunch (125)hot spot (112)great for brunch (104)vibrant bar scene (102)good for groups (93)late-night find (67)neighborhood gem (53)kid-friendly (26)great for outdoor dining (9)Show More
- Boston Dine Out Menu was overratedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/26/2014We both ordered the Korma lamb steaks and though it could have been done better. The meal was below average for this restaurant, but I understand that you get what you pay for seeing that it was restaurant week and dinner was $20 less than a normal night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed itIndustryInsiderDined on 8/25/2014Had a good time. The food was pretty good but not spectacular. The view was lovely. The service was good But maybe a bit robotic or routine. Over all it was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mike- visit on 8/25OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Went with my girlfriend. Got the Vermont Chicken and my girlfriend went with Pan Seared Haddock. We both loved the meal and the service was way better than what we had read online.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014We took our girls out for a special night and it did not disappoint! Every meal was deliciously prepared, from the watermelon gazpacho to the Boston cream pie. The views are spectacular, of course, and our waiter was attentive, yet not overbearing and was kind. A very special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular sunset dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014The view was breathtaking-- waiter was a gem very sweet and recommended great wine. We loved our table for our first dinner at top of the hub. Def will back and requesting the corner table again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect date night!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014My boyfriend and I had our first anniversary there. It was very lovely and the waitress was very very nice. She brought us to a side room near the window and was always accommodating. She asked us how visiting boston for our anniversary was and I was shocked that she even asked! I always thought no one reads those additional information boxes. She was so hyped about Boston she even answered questions we had about eventually residing there. The staff was very nice and so was the food and I will definitely be coming there next year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only worth it for the viewOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014Food is small. Started with the scallop appetizer, there was only two on there. French onion was a perfect crock. Then we ordered off of the dine out Boston menu. Aracini was delightful. My lamb was just ok and my mothers hake was awful. I tried a bite and the flavor lingered for a long time. I would never order that again. The raspberry white chocolate cake in my opinion was bad. My server was wonderful and she happily offered to get me the creme brûlée instead. It was probably the worst I have ever had. It tasted like they had brûléed the sugar a long time before hand. Overall come for the view sit in the lounge and enjoy the jazz bad. Food is over priced for what you get. I will only sit in the lounge from now on.Special Features:
- AmazingGoodFoodDined on 8/24/2014The service was impeccable, the views amazing, and the food was absolutely delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014We were seated at a window as requested and the panoramic view was spectacular. Food and service were excellent!Special Features:
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014We had a wonderful Sunday brunch the view, service and food were all outstanding!! Can't wait to go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Food price reasonable, good scene, had our son's birthday, we'll response for the celebration, gave us candle with cake, was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place to goOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Staff receptive and smart. Food was great. Service a little slow but the view made up for it. The wine list was varied in both price and product- something for everyone.Special Features:
- Great experience !OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014I was nervous about going to Top of the Hub based on some not so favorable reviews. However, we had a great experience. From checking in with the hostess to sitting at the window seat (that I requested). The food was very good and our server was very attentive and made sure we were well taken care of. Wonderful night !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014great view, wait staff was excellent in explaining the menu optionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad receptionist but others greatWinterDined on 8/23/2014I've been here before and had great experience. But this time a little disappointed. I invited two guests for dinner here. They are couple and the lady is pregnant. They arrived earlier than me so they sit at the bar to have a drink first. 5 minutes later I arrived and told receptionist we had the reservation. She said: are u all here? I said: yes, my friends have come and mentioned our reservation. Now they are sitting at the bar. And she commanded: "bring them here." WHAT??? 5 mins ago they just told u we had the reservation for 3 people, two of them were here and now I, the last person, come and tell u we r all here. You order me to bring a pregnant lady to the reception again??? Where is your respect? But later experience was fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for locals and tourists alikecabbobDined on 8/23/2014We have been many times and have never been disappointed. I would strongly recommend requesting a table by the windows, overlooking the Charles River or Logan Airport. As far as the menu is concerned, we have tried many items and all fresh and delicious. The wait staff is very well polished and attentive without being intrusive. Parking is discounted if you have your ticket stamped. In short, I recommend this dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie123Dined on 8/22/2014I had been to the top of the hub before and was pleased in the past but this time let's just say rudest hostess ever! First, she acted like we didn't have a reservation when my boyfriend arrived before me even though he said it was on open table. Then, when I showed up she gave us a table far from the beautiful views of the city when there were ample tables available near the windows. I have to say I am very disappointed. The server we had was nice and the food was decent but the hostess really soured our experience and we will not be returning.
- A day in BostonPatand3girlsDined on 8/22/2014It was great dining at Top of the Hub! It made our day in the city. The location , the service, the food and the view were all outstanding. I would definitely go back there. Our waiter was very helpful when we had questions about the food and the area. It added a lot to our day in Boston.Special Features:
- Good for the viewJoeSDined on 8/21/2014This is not 'fine dining' by any means. The food was nothing special - honestly I'd put it on par with Red Lobster. Service was rushed - we received cocktails, bread, and soup within minutes of each other. Overall, it was a disappointing meal, only salvaged by the view.Special Features:
- It was all about the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2014I can-not say enough good things about the Top of The Hub Restaurant. This is the second time my daughter visited, the food, the view, service both times were outstanding! We will be back 8/21/2015 and hopefully every year on 8/21 after that.Special Features:
- Dining at its best!!!jjcaffDined on 8/20/2014Fantastic food, view & service. Everything from beginning to the end was excellent. A dining delight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful placeby1992Dined on 8/20/2014This is THE best restaurant to go to if you want to enjoy the view and the food at the same time. Went for lunch during 'dine out Boston' week and it was a great deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine Out BostonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014I went to the Top of the Hub during Dine Out Boston for a 3 course lunch. The arancini was outstanding, and the main and dessert were good but not that memorable. The view was beautiful.Special Features:
- Make sure to get a good tableAnna14Dined on 8/19/2014This being my first time at the restaurant, I did not know when the hostess walked us to our table we were being given the absolute worst table in there. It is a separate room from the dining room and we were stuck in a corner, not next to the window. The view from that room is not that nice anyway and you cannot hear any of the jazz, nor do you feel like you are in the main part of the restaurant. I feel sorry for anyone who is seated in that room, as the views from the other areas of the restaurant are 100% better, as is the ambiance. The one positive was that when reserving, I included a note that I was celebrating my partner's birthday. The restaurant put a candle on the dessert without my reminding them, so that was much appreciated.Special Features:
- PleasedVIPDined on 8/19/2014The location has the best views in Boston - Service is top notch!Special Features:
- Beautiful Boston LunchJan2yumDined on 8/19/2014Really enjoyed every minute of our lunch at Top of the Hub. The service was great, food wonderful and the view fantastic! Can't wait to have a special occasion excuse to come back. We loved it. Don't listen to any negative remarks! Once you experience it you won't find anything to complain about. Fantastic afternoon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From SF and loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/19/2014I found this place to scenic with great food. We got a great window seat. I was amazed that the prices were not outrageous as they can be in SF for the same type of ciew reataurant. No kids menu but we figured it all out with pasta and bread! Lobster roll was okay but I haven't had that many lobster rolls in my life to begin with. Imm more of a tail person. Would return. And husband said he'd even return, which means the place was pretty good! We are splurging everywhere because we're on vacation :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great views, ok foodPrinceVIPDined on 8/18/2014The views are GREAT...the food is ok...nothing really special, but the drinks defenitely a must...they are DELICIOUS...(or maybe it is being on the 52nd floor that makes the drinks so good!!) The service was very good, very attentive, we could not have asked for more.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT EXPERIENCEMRV1Dined on 8/18/2014The view from the Top of the Hub alone makes this a must have experience in Boston. However the attention to detail in the overall ambiance and decor, attentive service and delicious melt-in-your-mouth meals were all also outstanding and made this a memorable night. We are new to Boston and will highly recommend The Top of the Hub to our friends, family, and visitors and will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sun SetMarkAlexDined on 8/18/2014We always go at a time we can watch the sun set. We only go during restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prix Fixe Lunch is a terrific dealfinprofDined on 8/18/2014You'd spend almost the same thing at Panera Bread. Portions are just right. Our waiter asked about our group's (8) time constraints and served accordingly. Then, of course, there is the view :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One good thingNattDined on 8/17/2014Only scenic view of Boston that made me there. The food was OK, not fancy. The service was not so professional. My server was not well-dressed to serve. I closed my menu and ready to order, I waited to order for long time. No water served if I did not ask for. I did not finish my plate and she was about to take it away. I don't understand where I wait to order but she was rushing me to eat. What's the point of doing this?Special Features:
- Rubberband in foodsiddygupsDined on 8/17/2014My family went to top of the hub for my sister's birthday, with my aunt from Japan and cousins from RI and SF. I often read reviews which slam a restaurant because one part of the experience was bad, so I will be clear: everything was awful. Off the bat the server made a comment about oriental tastebuds, and recommended that we eat elsewhere(?). Later, my father pulls a rubberband out of his mouth. A waiter immediately picks up the plate, and without apologizing rushes it to the back. The manager comes out a few minutes later and brings out a cookie plate for our troubles, even though we already ordered dessert. We asked for no comp, but we did talk to the manager about this, and he laughed in our face (no joke). The view is not worth it.
- I think it's usually better...MikeNearBostonDined on 8/17/2014The views, at least, were the best of my three visits here so far. For some reason they delivered the 1st and 2nd brunch courses, along with the pastry plate, simultaneously. Oops! Fortunately all of that food was good. For the main course we chose the halibut. This was the first halibut dish I've had that needed to be cut with a knife or fork to separate the fish, and I certainly hope it is the last. Surely it was badly overcooked! I know I should have sent it back, but I hate doing that more than anything. The tiramisu was good, but the carrot cake cupcake was dry, and a warm, none-too-sweet cream cheese frosting needs re-thinking. Service was OK, but we had to wait a good long while after the meal to pay before we could leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view. ok food.MotheroftwoDined on 8/17/2014The view is amazing and I would return with othera to experience it again. The food was lacking. The restaurant itself needs to be renovated but the view was breathtaking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely best view of BostonSacoTxuDined on 8/17/2014The brunch was really goo and the service was wonderful and very professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!!!PerfectDined on 8/16/2014The Top of the Hub is a great place for a romantic dinner. During my stay we witness a marriage proposal. That was beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014Beautiful evening, excellent service, delicious food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular Scenery, Lackluster Sercristina78Dined on 8/15/2014The dining room is absolutely beautiful and the panoramic views of the city are AMAZING. the menu looked incredible and there were literally dozens of items i wanted to try. the daily specials sounded decadent too, my 2 friends ordered the lobster& crab encrusted halibut, but i decided on the lobster roll. it was decent but definitely had more "roll" than lobster; friends were obsessed with their meal though! unfortunately, service was lacking. we saw the waiter when he took our order & when he finally circled back after we had been done with our food for over 20min. The busboy was attentive and kept our water glasses filled but our actual waiter was basically MIA the entire time; something you don't expect at an establishment such as this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive serviceBostonMomDined on 8/14/2014Our daughter wanted a special place for her 16th birthday lunch with a few friends. The Top of the Hub was a great choice. The staff was attentive, and got her a window table - made her day!Special Features: