Top of the Bay Restaurant
898 Oakland Beach Avenue
Warwick, RI 02889Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Top of the Bay Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.topofthebayrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4019213663x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday- Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Naylor
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: We offer Private dining from 15 to 25 guest
- Private Party Contact: Eli Farhat 4019213663x
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment on our outdoor deck from Memorial Day trough Labor Day
A word from Top of the Bay Restaurant
Since opening we have been arranging all the details necessary to cater you the most memorable events. To help exceed your expectations and your guests, our menu options feature a wide range of Seafood, Steaks and New England Favorites. You may choose from wide variety of Seafood, Italian and Fresh Cuts Steaks. Complete satisfaction and delicious food, including prompt and professional service, is our commitment to you and your guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Top of the Bay Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (13)good for groups (7)special occasion (6)great for lunch (6)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)neighborhood gem (3)fit for foodies (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)romantic (1)Show More
- One Of New England's BestMJBG58Dined on 8/21/2014Went to Top of the Bay a few times, quality varied at times, as the restaurant evolved through several new managements. The current management has really outdone itself in it's current incarnation. Celebrated my mother's birthday with 7 guests and had a fantastic time. Our waitress was superb, the food really outstanding, best scrod I've had that I can remember. Great menu overall and beautiful scenery overlooking the ocean.Special Features:
- Beauitful RestuarantRom2ocassDined on 7/16/2014This was a beauitful experience for a wedding anniversaySpecial Features:
- Great food but loudScottPDined on 6/12/2014The restaurant was clean and busy. The lady standing at the entrance gave us a 'meh' feeling as we walked in. She stood at the entrance with her elbows on the pulpit with her head in her hands. Not very welcoming. The place was busy and loud. The seafood was outstanding with no scimping on potions. The price was decent for what you got.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GmomDined on 6/12/2014Lobster roll was tasteless and red clam chowder was lukewarm.White chowder was very good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/3/2014Service was great.Server was knowledgable and accommodating,one in our party was gluten intolerant.Special Features:
- Celebration GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/28/2014Enjoyed bringing my parents here for their 65th Anniversary. They enjoyed the food, atmosphere, service and the view! Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGcortiDined on 5/11/2014The Top of the Bay is a great resturant.. Ive been going there for mothers day a very long time.. Every time we go great brunch.. They should have it more often..Will always go back.. They are a great resturant during the the summer .. Great view.. Thanks karenSpecial Features:
- The following 85 reviews are from the Top of the Bay Restaurant reviews archive.
- Good Food at Moderate PricesSteveFVIPDined on 3/1/2014Saturday night dinner overlooking the bay; food was prepared to order and the wait staff was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened to my favorite place?DonnaPDined on 2/20/2014Top of the Bay restaurant used to be my favorite place to go for a birthday or romantic dinner. How things have changed. I made reservations using Open Table asking for a window seat for my birthday- instead we were seated at a table at the server's work area (where they put the cleared dishes etc - extremely noisy and unpleasant) even though there were other tables - not window tables but better places to sit-available. I ordered the ribeye with scallops, rare; I got a tough strip steak not ribeye, medium rare. Husband's sea scallops were not properly cooked-raw inside. Our server was nice enough but clumsy-part of my dinner slid off the plate onto the table- big mess- accidents happen. But its no longer worth driving 22 miles for dinnerSpecial Features:
- Winter specialCallieDined on 2/20/2014Lunch: Chowder,clam cakes, entree,desert, coffee. $10 wine 2.99, martini,manhattan 3.99. Super dealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillBillDined on 2/14/2014Had a wonderful meal the food was great and the server was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, the service wasoilcanDined on 2/14/2014As always, the service was great! Serendipity - ordered veal francaise and got chicken francaise: still, a great dish, one that I would pick next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top of the bayErnieDined on 2/8/2014This restaurant never fails to meet my expectations with its consistently good food and service.Special Features:
- Noon: January 30, 2014EdwardDined on 1/30/2014The luncheon specials are a best buy. The baked scrod has been excellent on the four occasions I have tried it and has had excellent reviews from our guests. It has been flaky and not dried out. The clam zuppa in white broth featured cherry stone clams that were very tender. I look forward to the view of the bay from the glassed in terrace.Special Features:
- Worth the tripSherryDined on 1/19/2014Some of my relatives came down from Northern Mass. to have dinner at Top of the Bay. Everything was wonderful. They cannot wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time at the top of theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/20132nd time at the top of the bay both time's were fun the food is very good , will go again when im back in townSpecial Features:
- first class servicefirsttimerDined on 10/17/2013I Booked A Table For Top Of The Bay. It Was To Celebrate My Wifes Birthday With 10 Guests. They Were Very Accommodating. I Was Able To Drop Off A Birthday Cake Ahead Of Time With No Problems. Once We Showed Up, I Didnt Have To Say A Thing.They Remembered Right Away And Wished My Wife A Happy Birthday. We Were Also Late Arrivals Due To Work So We Came Close To Closing Time. They Didnt Rush Us Out And Were Still Very accommodating. The Service, Food And Staff Were Excellent. To Date This Is The Best Resturaunt I Have Been To And Plan To Return Soon. I Couldnt Have Asked For Better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing viewTcanDined on 9/3/2013We happened to be visiting and found the Top of the Bay by chance, but it certainly worked out very well. First, the view is amazing. The food is excellent, with seafood being our choice. The service was friendly and attentive. The lighting was a little too bright for late evening dining, but overall still a memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food large portionsJerryVIPDined on 7/18/2013We enjoyed our dinner. Waitress was great. I had the scallops. Downfall was it was very noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crispy Fried Clams!DeeDeeDined on 6/27/2013One of the best places in RI for Delicious Fried Clams....Generous Portions and soooo tasty! Join the email club for great specials and deals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!chemstouDined on 6/25/2013Took two friends from out of town to the Top of the Bay for lunch. They were very impressed with the scenic view, service, and the food was fabulous. It was a perfect afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster & Waterfront View!ReviewDined on 6/4/2013Lovely lunch. Food was excellent. Consistently Good. Service was supreme!! Didn't miss a beat. Can't beat the view - that's for sure - what can this restaurant do to attract a slightly younger crowd? I know they are trying - complete with a "scan the QR code" promotion on the door - people are missing a gem - shouldn't just be a lunchtime bastion for the seniors....Love it.Special Features:
- Great PlaceGloriaJeanneDined on 5/15/2013Top of the Bay Restaurant is a great place to eat. I've been there several times for lunch. There are great waterviews from the windows. The food has always been delicious especially their red clam chowder and clam cakes. The wait staff are always courteous and very attentive. I can't rate it high enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed the delicious food.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/25/2013We enjoyed the delicious food. However we could not hold a conversation because of all the noise in the restaurant. Due to the noise level, we will not make another reservation.Special Features:
- View was great, prices veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/3/2013View was great, prices very reasonable - food was a little disappointing - very basic - not much flavor.Special Features:
- Disappointing. Don't whatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/8/2013Disappointing. Don't what happenedto this place but the food was not great and the service was awful. Our waitress was downright rude..
- We thoroughly enjoyed ourOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/5/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Top of the Bay both for taste and value. We were inspired by your winter fixed price special otherwise would probably have not attended. Great marketing strategy.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013Great food!!! Huge portions!! Very friendly staff!!!Special Features:
- Happy Birthday....Not!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013first of all they put our reserved table of 6 right in front of the waitress kiosk....when asked to be moved the staff had a little bit of an attitude....we were moved to the very front of the restaurant and the waitress was a little"off"....she looked confused most of the time and didn't check on if we needed more bread, water, napkins, etc....it was my husband's birthday and i would have loved to order dessert....however she never asked if we wanted any and just brought the check....for the amount of money we spent on wine/food the experience was disappointing to say the least.............
- We enjoyed the restaurant.CampDined on 2/28/2013We enjoyed the restaurant. We got the 16.95 deal-drink,app, soup or salad, meal & dessert! Great deal & the food was very good!Special Features:
- Nice valentine day spotOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013It was valentines day but they did not overbook and dinner was good and served in a timely fashion.Special Features:
- Good food and extremly poor serviceCruiseVIPDined on 1/27/2013The food was very good but the service was AWFUL! We were sat in a room near the hostess station. Our waitress had many tables on the lower level in addition to our area. After we finished dinner we had to wait over 30 minutes before she came to us to ask about dessert. When she brought the dessert she also brought our bill. After another 20 minutes we asked the hostess if she could take our payment. We have dined here before but never had such poor service. They need to have more wait staff.Special Features:
- Outstanding Manager & Staff !specialoccassionDined on 1/27/2013The manager and the staff were oustanding. We had a family emergency during lunch and they couldn't have handled it better. They packed up our food so we could enjoy it later. It was absolutely delicious! We will definitely be back! Thank you!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/25/2013Great place, known for its seafood, Went for my anniversary and it made it 100 times more special, will definately be going back soon. Lobster bisque mmmmm.Special Features:
- Terrific lunch time value.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/17/2013Terrific lunch time value. Food is always good and above average. Service excellent wthout being intrusive.Special Features:
- Excellent service, food, andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/13/2012Excellent service, food, and accomodating to one's allergies.Special Features:
- Out of the way location forMitchSVIPDined on 12/2/2012Out of the way location for a nice dinner. Very accomodating service and delicious food. The soup was great and the salad was equally delicious.Special Features:
- Fun Find!LuseanaDined on 11/21/2012Table by the water. Lobster. Peanut butter, honey butter, or olive oil for fresh, hot rolls. Live entertainment on a Wednesday night. Pleasant decor and friendly waitstaff. What's not to like?Special Features:
- great fall, winter spot -OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2012great fall, winter spot - not crowded - terrific views - reasonable prices - great serviceSpecial Features:
- very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2012enjoyed our meal, will return and recommend to othersSpecial Features: