12110 Montgomery Rd.
Cincinnati, OH 45249Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tonysofcincinnati.com/
- Phone: 5136771993x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday - Monday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Mike Nelsen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Tony's sets itself apart by providing a house trio and at times, quartet for your background music. Our digital baby grand piano is the focal point of the instruments you'll enjoy, while our talented musicians fill our restaurant with songs from the past as well as contemporary favorites.
Should you have a request in mind, our talent will play it for you.
A word from Tony's
Tony's Steaks and Seafood is a modern steakhouse serving huge portions of hand-cut steaks and seafood. We offer an extensive and thoughtfully selected wine list that pairs perfectly with our outstanding menu. USDA Prime beef and the freshest seafood brought in daily. This is the place where traditional steakhouse fare shares a table with innovative cuisine. Just far enough away from the hustle and bustle of the city, we offer easy access to a relaxing, great time. When you're looking for the very best dining experience, choose Tony's of Cincinnati. We welcome you with open arms and look forward to serving you. Grazie TonyContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Tony's - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Tony's reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (118)romantic (74)notable wine list (68)good for groups (55)fit for foodies (54)neighborhood gem (53)vibrant bar scene (50)hot spot (37)late-night find (10)great for outdoor dining (9)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- Fantastic mealShaneEDined on 9/15/2014Had a reservation for a party of 5 on a Monday evening. Great service and everyone said how excellent their meal was. Would definetly return when in town againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine, fine diningR0thH00liganDined on 9/13/2014This was our first visit to Tony's. It won't be our last. The food and service were top-notch. The only downside - and there is little the restaurant can do about it themselves; it's down to the patrons - the general din is fairly significant at peak dinnertime on a Saturday night. Makes quiet conversation rather difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous as alwaysMaryDined on 9/10/2014Tony's is fabulous. It one of our favorite places We were celebrating a very special time as it was my husband's birthday and he just had a successful liver transplant. Tony was very accommodating for our group, the service is absolutely first rate, and the food simply outstanding. The personal attention given by Tony and the staff made the evening memorable for everyone in our party of 6. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseonthegoDined on 9/7/2014Very happy with our last minute decision to choose Tony's for our Sunday evening dinner! The Service was impeccable and very attentive along with the Manager coming by from time to time to see how we were enjoying everything. The food was phenomenal as we tried items from the raw bar and a selection of excellent entrees from Yellow fin tuna to the filets. The atmosphere was very comfortable yet still allowing for white linen tablecloths which set it off. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfectly DeliciousFoodienOhioVIPDined on 9/6/2014This place gets it right every time. They really know how to make you have a wonderfully delicious evening. Amy is a great server!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinemoredinemoreDined on 9/6/2014Everything was great. A great weekend with family! Hope to do it again soon!Special Features:
- OmiuteDined on 9/6/2014Always a nice place to go Have not been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Change your music vibe!Mater3Dined on 9/5/2014Tony's food is excellent and fair-priced. That is why my husband and I dine there. But unfortunately it is a very noisy restaurant. The loud, unpleasant music is usually in the bar, but this past Friday evening the "canned" music (some of it Frank Sinatra -- give me a break!) was obnoxiously loud. Bottom line: your diners come to your restaurant to visit and converse, not wanting to yell across the table. Why can't you simply be a fine dining establishment with classy background music -- instrumentals at a low decibel?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great serviceCK1618Dined on 8/30/2014Tony's was absolutely amazing. I wanted to treat my wife to a nice night out so I made reservations for Tony's. this was our first time here, and will definitely be back. We were greated at the door by a friendly hostess. Our waitress had our water on the way when we got to our seats and was absolutely wonderful. She had a good knowledge of the food and wine list. And when it came to the food- WOW. This was by far one of the best steaks I have ever had. Mouth watering, so much flavor. We absolutely loved it and will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife's Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Took my wife, kids and her parent's to dinner last Saturday. We got there early so that we could have a drink at the bar. Bartender was very welcoming and friendly. Good drinks. Seated at dinner at a large table in the middle of the room. Was a tad noisy but certainly not unbearable and could hear each other just fine. Everyone loved the raw bar. Salads and steaks were excellent, as always. Father-in-law got the spare ribs which were amazing (I tried them). Only a couple of takers on dessert as most of us were full. Service was excellent and all small details and requests were handled promptly and without issue. Yes, it is expensive but it's worth it...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Experience!GerriHVIPDined on 8/30/2014Very enjoyable evening at Tony's! Not our first time here and better than ever. We shared shrimp and crab from the raw bar. Very firm and fresh and nice mustard sauce and cocktail sauce accompaniments. Caeser and wedge salads good. I had surf and turf which was very good. Nice firm lobster tail and filet cooked a perfect medium rare - so tender I did not even need a steak knife to cut it. My husband's strip was perfect. We had Mac and cheese and brussel sprouts - yummy! Josh was a great server and Tony stopped by to ensure all was going well.Special Features:
- disappointedgreeneyedbear70Dined on 8/29/2014We went since we had heard good things about it. Although we had a reservation, we had to wait in a crowded, nosy foyer area for 20 minutes until we were seated. Service was ok but not up to what we expected for the cost of the meal. Steaks were tender but not flavorful. Baked potatoes were hard & tasted stale. I had short ribs & mashed potatoes which were good but not memorable. The Brussel Sprouts were just ok. We would have been happy to pay the high cost for the memorable meal we were hoping for but this was not the quality we wanted.Special Features:
- Very nice mealDirrDined on 8/29/2014We went early so other than the vibrant happy hour at the bar the restaurant was quiet. Service was great, never an empty water glass. Appetizers were excellent (jumbo shrimp and lobster bisque). Salads were average but liked that they were included in the entree price. Bread was fresh out of the oven but nothing special. Steaks were tasty and cooked to perfection. Liked that the potato was included with the entree but again just average. We were too full for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent againOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014Tony's never disappoints. Excellent food, experienced staff, nice décor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence Once AgainJMoney312Dined on 8/28/2014Have been here multiple times, for general dinning and special occasions. The food, service, and attention has always been top notch, every time! Since we were there for our Anniversary, the staff acknowledged and congratulated us on the special occasion, as well as thanked us for our business. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent steak and ambiancePetuniaDined on 8/26/2014Tony's is pricey..what steak house isn't? But the steak was the best my group had enjoyed in many years and we discussed local competing steak venues. Sadly, one of the baked potatoes, was way overdone, giving it a sweet, taste. The potato is the reason for the 4, not 5 stars on the food. We go back.Special Features:
- UnimpressedBobbyVIPDined on 8/26/2014Our experience was "all right". For the price is should have been great. Service was excellent, almost too good, the busboy began clearing plates we hadn't finished. Food was a disappointment. Of our three entrees only one was a success. My Rig-a-Tony was very dry. It was much better as left-overs with additional tomato sauce the next day. My wife had the filet with truffle butter and loved it. Our other guest ordered the filet medium rare, she said it was over cooked and dry. Her baked potato was just and only that. They baked a potato and plopped it on her plate - no presentation what-so-ever. I expected more. Dessert - tiramisu, and cheesecake brulee were great.
- Wonderful FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/23/2014Love the Restaurant. It has the best quality of food and drinks.Special Features:
- Great restaurantExDiningVIPDined on 8/20/2014Food was very well cooked and the food presentation was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice FindfirstimerDined on 8/19/2014Has feel of nice restaurant, service good, food good but not great, very busy and tables are on top of each other. little privacy
- Great ExperienceGonzo5507Dined on 8/17/2014We were in town for the Western & Southern Open, and wanted to find a more upscale place than the food available at the tennis venue. I looked up steakhouses on Open Table, and found this. I have a steak and baked potato. Very good. My wife had a filet and mashed potatoes. She said her food was a bit bland. So she salted it up a bit. All was well, and our service was also good. If we return to the Open next year, this place will be on our list.
- Great Local RestaurantStarVIPDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I love going to Tony's. The service is great and the food is even better. I generally never eat meat but I do when I visit Tony's. The filet is perfect unlike when I go to other well known steak restaurants who over-salt their steak. The management staff is constantly walking around ensuring your visit is top-notch. I highly recommend Tony's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a HitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014This is my 4th time dining at Tonys. And, they never disappoint. The food is outstanding, and fairly reasonable given the high quality of food----much more reasonable than Rubys, Precinct, Mortons, or Ruths Chris. But, what I have grown to love most is the ambiance. It has a 1940s New York Supperclub feel to it. If you squint a bit, you can almost envision Frank Sinatra or Dean Martin sitting at a table near you. And, clearly Tony and his team want to create that personal feel to each customer's dining experience!Special Features:
- Very PleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We went to Tony's for our anniversary and I thought the food was excellent and the atmosphere was great. This was on a Saturday night, and there was a live band which we really enjoyed. My wife and I both had "The Dallas" and were very happy. My only complaint is minor but perhaps worth mentioning in that we had a reservation for 7:45 but had to wait an additional 10 minutes for our table. Not a huge deal, I am just big on being prepared for your appointments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special nightJulesgirlVIPDined on 8/9/2014We were celebrating a friends progress and this was the perfect place. Arrived early enough for cocktails from Julz and Sarah-which were amazing. Colin took care of our every need and the meals were terrific. Can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- DEH62Dined on 8/7/2014Great food, good service, everyone in our party was happy. Good wine and Bourbon. Steaks and seafood were very good and well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryFlydocDined on 8/6/2014First visit and we were very pleased - food and service wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- miamokiDined on 8/6/2014We were came to Cincinnati on a work trip and went to Tony's from the reviews on line. We weren't disappointed! The food was excellent and the wine list was excellent as well. We arrived a little early and were able to purchase our wine bottle at a happy hour discount so that was a plus (it's 20% off). Sat in the bar for a little bit - it was crowded, noisy and seemed to be a fun place - everything you would expect for a happy hour. Dinner was cooked to perfection and the wait staff was very attentive. I was a little surprised at the way people were dressed because they seemed to be much more casual than I expected. Overall great place and would definitely visit again next time we're in town!Special Features:
- 1st & Good ExperienceGreatSteakDinnerPlaceDined on 8/6/2014This was our 1st & Good Experience @ Tony's. No complaint whatsoever. Expected the dinner to be pricey; and it was so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent servicebudocatDined on 8/6/2014The dinner and the service by our waiter Josh and the rest of the group was marvelous. Josh did a fantastic job waiting on us and ensuring everything was tip-top with our meals. I highly recommend Josh for his attention despite having to wait on several tables at the same time that evening.Special Features:
- Tony's is excellent!RJREsqDined on 8/5/2014The shrimp cocktail and filet mignon were delicious. I will be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RecoveryloveditDined on 8/3/2014Enjoyed a first visit to Tony's. Brought the family through after a 2 day vacation. 3 steak entrees and 1 pasta. All excellent, but our appetites were not on "high" and we asked for leftovers to be packaged. Not sure what happened after the food was removed from our table, but Tony's manager approached our table and said that there had been a mishap and that he was bringing us a complimentary dessert. We were a bit confused, but then he returned after dessert with 2 complete steak meals and 1 pasta, all neatly packed and apologized for any inconvenience. Not sure what the "mishap" was, but the recovery was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealAmybDined on 8/2/2014We loved the meal and also the wait staff. Requested a booth so was disappointed that we didn't get that and were placed in the center of the room. Maybe next time! The owner even came to our table!Special Features:
- Great Food, but ..................VictDined on 8/2/2014Food is great but we expect a level of service commensurate with the prices. It's a good thing the nearby Friday's just closed. Maybe they can pick up some more amateur servers and staff. They brought our food and forgot us. We would have ordered a second $58 bottle of wine but we couldn't find our server. I guess the $200 bill was enough. Love the live jazz at the bar for an after dinner drink but again disappointed by the service. Yes the food is great but I really feel like these guys are just phoning it in. We won't be back for dinner but maybe a nightcap for the jazz. At this price point we can get professional service and attention elsewhere.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014Had a great time and experienced excellent food and service. Chef Mike made a grat halibut special that melted in your mouth and Colin made sure every need was met. Another fun evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tony's Is #1 !!DavidDined on 8/2/2014Tony's is the BEST restaurant around with consistent quality food, service and atmosphere! Here you can go and be greeted by the owner himself!!! I have never experienced this in any restaurant I have been to - he truly loves to know who his customer base is and that is what makes it the best place to be!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1ST TIME AT TONY'SBiskitVIPDined on 8/1/2014This was our 'default' choice since our normal trip downtown for a date night was not deemed to be a good idea that evening (highway closings, Lumenocity etc). We were very pleasantly surprised from the greeting at the front desk to the location of our corner table. Initially it was difficult to talk to each other because of the volume of the sound system, but this was eventually reduced to a moderate level. We were very impressed that both the manager and the owner (Tony) stopped by our table to check on our welfare. Our food selections were delivered successfully and were very tasty. Afterward we stopped by the bar for an extra drink and listened to the jazz trio that had just started playing. Thus we found a new restaurant to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceLovesgreatfoodDined on 7/31/2014By far the best steak and food in Cincinnati area. Ruby's can't match up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tummytimetummytimeDined on 7/30/2014Awesome food, service, attention to detail!!! Delightful evening out creating wonderful memories! Thanks, Tony!Special Features:
- Highly recommendAmykDined on 7/29/2014I would highly recommend. Ask for Seojin! He won't disappoint. Outstanding service, food and management representation. Love seeing Tony walking around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.