12110 Montgomery Rd.
Cincinnati, OH 45249Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tonysofcincinnati.com/
- Phone: (513) 677-1993
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday - Monday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Mike Nelsen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Tony's sets itself apart by providing a house trio and at times, quartet for your background music. Our digital baby grand piano is the focal point of the instruments you'll enjoy, while our talented musicians fill our restaurant with songs from the past as well as contemporary favorites.
Should you have a request in mind, our talent will play it for you.
A word from Tony's
Tony's Steaks and Seafood is a modern steakhouse serving huge portions of hand-cut steaks and seafood. We offer an extensive and thoughtfully selected wine list that pairs perfectly with our outstanding menu. USDA Prime beef and the freshest seafood brought in daily. This is the place where traditional steakhouse fare shares a table with innovative cuisine. Just far enough away from the hustle and bustle of the city, we offer easy access to a relaxing, great time. When you're looking for the very best dining experience, choose Tony's of Cincinnati. We welcome you with open arms and look forward to serving you. Grazie TonyContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Tony's - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Tony's reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (106)romantic (68)notable wine list (63)fit for foodies (62)neighborhood gem (56)vibrant bar scene (49)good for groups (49)hot spot (41)late-night find (11)great for outdoor dining (6)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Pasta no moreOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/25/2014Ordered the pasta with shrimp and lobster saffron sauce, and basically it was spaghetti with tomatoe sauce and 2 large shrimp. Very disappointed with the meal and the amount of seafood for the priceSpecial Features:
- Perfect dinner. romantic and great wait staff.AmybDined on 11/22/2014The manager checked on us. Everyone was attentive to us. Recommended good dinners. Romantic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service, but really loudOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2014The food was really good (the steak in particular was excellent, sides were pretty good) and our server was fabulous, as were all of his helpers. However, it did get very loud by the end of our meal, a small music group playing. It may be helpful for the restaurant to install some noise dampening material in the ceiling to help make it possible to have a conversation. We'll probably try to go at a slightly earlier time (like 6 pm instead of 7) in hopes that it will be a bit quieter. But we'll almost certainly return for the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014Great bone in ribeye, prepared perfectly. Salmon was a bit dry. Creme brûlée was prepared to perfect coating and consistency of creme thickness but it lacked a bit in flavor. The service was excellent and attentive. Personal visit by Tony made the evening special. My wife and I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tony's is outstanding as alwaysvisitingfishermanVIPDined on 11/19/2014It was great to see Tony in the house tonight, although the restaurant operates very well under the leadership of the general manager when Tony is away. We were there on a Wednesday night but the restaurant was nicely full with a mix of two large commercial groups and many smaller groups of families and friends. My son and I both had steak as we always do. He had the filet and I had the prime NY strip. Both steaks were perfectly prepared and wonderful. We also shared a calamari appetizer which is uniquely prepared at Tony’s and is excellent. Service was excellent as usual from our server, Kevin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Blown away!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/18/2014We have been to Tony's many times before and continue to come back for more. We were celebrating my husbands 50th birthday with friends who have never been to Tony's before and they were so impressed!! Kevin, our server, went above and beyond to ensure that our evening was perfect. We cannot wait to celebrate another evening with Tony's!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!!kingdaddyohDined on 11/17/2014My wife and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary at Tony's. We had never dined here before but read the reviews on Yelp. This place more than lived up to those reviews. The food, service, and ambiance was excellent. Our only regret is that we weren't there for the live entertainment which is one of the things that caught my eye. Guess that gives us a reason to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak out thereRockeyDined on 11/15/2014Great service, fantastic food, plenty of parking and easy to get to. My wife had the filet and lobster and the steak was the best I've ever had. If you're willing to pay a little extra for quality, this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpriced.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014I took a friend here for dinner. This was her pick. I had never been to Tony's before. I was disappointed in the quality of my meal. My $27 chicken was very tough, way overpriced, and the polenta was not very tasty. I ordered a salad with ceasar dressing on the side, the dressing was incredibly thick... Like plain mayonnaise with not much of a taste. We sat at a table in the middle of the room, with a lot of traffic going by. My husband had salmon, it was overcooked. I was expecting a bit more ambiance and a better quality of food.
- Second VisitNonamegivenVIPDined on 11/8/2014We visited Tony's for the second time and were disappointed. Some of our party's food arrived lukewarm, which others' dishes were fine. We were a large group and assumed some dishes were ready and then sat while the rest of the party's dinners were prepared. The general manager (I assume it was the GM) was a little too hands-on/touchy with the customers. Did not like this at all.
- Bon Appetite for 38th!HappilyMarriedfor38Dined on 11/8/2014My wife and I celebrated our 38th Anniversary, and everything was superb. My wife voiced concern that the lobster tail was not sweet throughout. The waiter overheard and the maitre de, John, came immediately and offered to get another tail. My wife indicated that was not necessary, and that she just wanted them to be aware. He insisted and adjusted the bill, as well as, sent over "free" dessert. My point being...we have dined here several times for special occasions and have thoroughly enjoyed the bar area on occasions when we just needed some time togehter. This place is THE BEST, to the point of their willingness to even make up for things out of their control, like a lobster that had a bad day. We celebrate Tony's! Salud!Special Features:
- Perfection again!RandyDined on 11/8/2014Once again, we had a great meal at Tony's. My wife strayed from the great steaks (a first) and loved her sea bass. The lobster with my surf and turf was one of the best I ever had. Service was perfect - attentive and friendly but not overwhelming. A great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local guyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014Love this place! Tony comes over to the table himself to make sure you are happy. So nice to have an owner be involved. Tony's Mom makes the desserts. Just great! Steaks are top notch. Server was a little scatter brained but that was a first that I can overlook.Special Features:
- Food Good, but Atmosphere Just OKTheLeastInterestingManDined on 11/6/2014The service was excellent from arrival through desert. Ambient noise in a large open dining room was distracting until we moved to a high back booth. The waiter gave just the right amount of attention and moved on without lingering... Perfect. Appetizer choices were limited, but salad was good. Dry aged steaks were perfect, but the home made tiramisu for desert was the highlight. I'm not a foodie, just live in Boston and travel the world on business and have the opportunity to experience world class locations, food, and wine lists. I will add the red blend wine we had was good, but the selection was "OK". No Paul Hobbs on the wine list... Disappointing. A good experience, but not memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've run out of waysJulesgirlVIPDined on 11/1/2014To describe how much we love this place. Always treated like we're the most important people. Food is terrific. Service is paced perfectly. Is it too soon to go back?Special Features:
- Tony's for two?DragonflyDined on 11/1/2014When choosing a restaurant for a special night out that takes the everyday and elevates it, Tony's came close, but with a few missteps. The food was a winner for us, from the oversized prawns in the shrimp cocktail to the perfection of the steaks. We felt that the noise level was excessive (we dined at 7pm on a Saturday), as we nearly had to shout our order to the waiter, and felt oddly intimate with our dining neighbors on either side of us. The service was very cordial, but drinks and replacement flatware was forgotten, and our menus spent the majority of the meal with us on the cushion next to me. With so many wonderful dining experiences offered in Cincinnati, we will be trying those before returning to Tony's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grandson's Top ChoicevisitingfishermanVIPDined on 10/29/2014Tony’s is my nine year old grandson’s favorite restaurant! My son and I treat him to Tony’s every 3 to 4 months and we always have a pleasant evening. Tony’s may not seem like an appropriate place for young diners but most evenings there are several families dining with children and I have never seen an issue. Tony’s offers a kids menu but they will also prepare a small filet for young diners when requested. My grandson always has the small filet, Caesar salad and French fries. He loves it! This evening we shared the mussel appetizer and my son and I both had steaks also. Everything was perfectly prepared. As always, the manager is in the dining room the entire evening.Special Features:
- Perfect eveningIndiananativeDined on 10/27/2014The steaks were perfection and the service was impeccable. LovelySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodDaveScullyDined on 10/27/2014My boss was in town from Memphis and I wanted to take him to a locally owned Restaurant. I choose Tony's having been there before and knew the food would be terrific. The food was great and we had a very nice time!Special Features:
- A Fun Sunday EveningvisitingfishermanVIPDined on 10/26/2014Visited Tony’s on a Sunday evening. Restaurant was not crowded and service and quality were outstanding. Manager was in the dining room all evening and visited often to make sure everything was as expected. We had the calamari and the mussels. Both appetizers are excellent and both are prepared in a manner unique to Tony’s. I had a tenderloin special that was very good while everyone else at the table had salmon or lobster. Everyone was pleased with their selections. The Greek salad is very good but if you wish a change, I would suggest the wedge with blue cheese and bacon for an extra $3.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/25/2014The steaks were to die for. Service was excellent and the environment was energetic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Saturday to rememberEyeMarkDined on 10/25/2014We had a group of five on a Saturday evening. I have the opportunity to dine our fairly often and Tony's is one of my favorite restaurants in the country and by far my favorite in the Cincinnati area. Outstanding food, great atmosphere, and impeccable service. If you are in the Cincinnati area and miss Tony's you are making an epic mistake!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak house in Cincinnati!JackDined on 10/24/2014The food is excellent and the service tremendous! Tony is constantly walking around to ensure that your experience is outstanding.....if not, he will make it right. Everyone is vy friendly and caring. The price is amazing when you consider all that you get!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mabjebDined on 10/24/2014Tonys, was a total pleasure. As far as our table of four was concerned, it was perfect. Thanks, can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014The steak was cooked to perfection!! Macaroni and cheese delicious!! Wow the chocolate Zucotta cake, yum!! Excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local steakhousebigdaddyDined on 10/23/2014Great dinner. We had steak, Seafood, and pasta. All cooked to perfection. Great service, great wine, great evening!Special Features:
- Great anniversary dinnerDanaCDined on 10/20/2014Went to Tony's on our anniversary. This makes it four straight years at the same place, but we won't go anywhere else. Great food, good service and close by makes it a winner in my book.Special Features:
- Dinner with friendBeachGal52Dined on 10/18/2014I had dinner there on Saturday, October 18th with a friend from out of town. We were seated right away (had reservations). Our waitress Stephanie was very attentive and took care of our requests. I had the special - flounder - delicious. I would definitely recommend Tony's as a fine dining experience.Special Features:
- Very Good! Love this Place!TadmanDined on 10/17/2014This was my first visit to Tony's. Searched online, found Tony's and several great reviews. The bar was packed and people were having a good time. We were immediately taken to our table, our waiter Dave, made several suggestions and explained everything about the place, menu and specials, and he always seemed to be on hand when we needed anything! The food was very, very good. The Greek salad was tasty. The Crab cake appetizer: nothing "cake" about it! It was a pile of meat and seasoning baked perfectly! The best I ever had, a prime example of what the ultimate Crab cake should be! The bone in Rib-eye... Wow! I am having trouble finding the words to justifiably describe it... Just, Wow! I must give Tony's my highest recommendation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over the TopMLDHGDined on 10/12/2014the 5th time going to Tony's, Usually with a group of friends, this was the first time just with My Wife and I celebrating our Anniversary. I must say, it was the best, Food, dining experience, Service were OUTSTANDING! We had the Blue point Oysters as an Appetizer, they were Marvelous. the drinks from the Bar did not disappoint Either. My Wife had the Surf and Turf while I had there Pork Chop, I have taken classes on tenderizing and cooking Chops, my favorite, and theirs is the best, better than Mine! thanks for the Great time.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceRjhill21Dined on 10/11/2014From the greeter to the food quality, everything was top notch. Steak was perfectly cooked, mussels were the best I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealSupperVIPDined on 10/4/2014This restaurant is a favorite for special occasions. The food is wonderful, and they are eager to please, also very willing to accommodate special requests. For example, a relative called ahead and purchased 2 rounds of drinks for us, on them, and our server knew about this ahead of time and made it very easy for us. Also, when I said "very light" on the salad dressing, they actually got it right--most places still drench the lettuce even after I plead for only a little. Steaks come out piping hot, which I love! Overall, a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Another great evening!JsimDined on 10/4/2014We went with our friends for my birthday, and once again the evening did not disappoint. Scott our server, took AMAZING care of us, as usual, and Matthew his assistant kept the table spotless! We had an amazing meal, everything was perfect! Listened to the live jazz band, which just topped off the evening. Tony has a wonderful restaurant! We hear he is opening another in Kentucky!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Excellent service, great food and great atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/1/2014Love everything about this restaurant. The food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary CelebrationJandJ0979Dined on 9/29/2014Tony's was overall a great experience. We celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary and it was great. Couldn't have been to a better place. The food and drink were excellent and of course the service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for an AnniversarynoregretsDined on 9/27/2014This was our first time using this type of reservation system. We couldn't have been happier with how the entire event went. The restaurant didn't seem to catch the fact that we wanted a booth, instead of a table (this was very important to my wife), but they accommodated our desire without a hitch. The waitress did an excellent job of taking care of all our needs. She brought me mashed potatoes instead of the baked potato that I ordered, but she corrected the error, after I pointed it out to her. The music was maybe a bit loud, but excellent quality. My personal note is that one of the Managers stopped by out table to check on ever thing, and then shook my hand and thanked us for coming, before e departed.Special Features:
- MarsieVIPDined on 9/27/2014The food was excellent. Prepared perfectly. Server tried hard but he had a hearing problem so there was some confusion at times. Server gladly fixed any problemSpecial Features:
- Excellent food, great serviceDaddyODined on 9/20/2014This was my fourth visit to Tony's and I will be back. Food has always been great and I've been a few times with relatively large groups and no one was ever disappointed. My only suggestion would be to expand the wine list some. It's good, but it's not great. I'm no wine connoisseur but I do prefer Zinfandel and there is only one selection offered on the wine list and I typically see at least three offered on wine lists at other restaurants on the same tier as Tony's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014The steak was outstanding. The calamari we had for an appetizer exceeded my expectations. The restaurant is pricey so the exceptional service was expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.