12110 Montgomery Rd.
Cincinnati, OH 45249Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tonysofcincinnati.com/
- Phone: 5136771993x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday - Monday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Mike Nelsen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Tony's sets itself apart by providing a house trio and at times, quartet for your background music. Our digital baby grand piano is the focal point of the instruments you'll enjoy, while our talented musicians fill our restaurant with songs from the past as well as contemporary favorites.
Should you have a request in mind, our talent will play it for you.
A word from Tony's
Tony's Steaks and Seafood is a modern steakhouse serving huge portions of hand-cut steaks and seafood. We offer an extensive and thoughtfully selected wine list that pairs perfectly with our outstanding menu. USDA Prime beef and the freshest seafood brought in daily. This is the place where traditional steakhouse fare shares a table with innovative cuisine. Just far enough away from the hustle and bustle of the city, we offer easy access to a relaxing, great time. When you're looking for the very best dining experience, choose Tony's of Cincinnati. We welcome you with open arms and look forward to serving you. Grazie TonyContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Tony's - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Tony's reviews from OpenTable diners
172 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (139)romantic (90)notable wine list (83)good for groups (63)neighborhood gem (62)fit for foodies (60)vibrant bar scene (55)hot spot (42)late-night find (14)great for outdoor dining (12)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- Great food great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Tony's was absolutely amazing. I wanted to treat my wife to a nice night out so I made reservations for Tony's. this was our first time here, and will definitely be back. We were greated at the door by a friendly hostess. Our waitress had our water on the way when we got to our seats and was absolutely wonderful. She had a good knowledge of the food and wine list. And when it came to the food- WOW. This was by far one of the best steaks I have ever had. Mouth watering, so much flavor. We absolutely loved it and will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Experience!GerriHVIPDined on 8/30/2014Very enjoyable evening at Tony's! Not our first time here and better than ever. We shared shrimp and crab from the raw bar. Very firm and fresh and nice mustard sauce and cocktail sauce accompaniments. Caeser and wedge salads good. I had surf and turf which was very good. Nice firm lobster tail and filet cooked a perfect medium rare - so tender I did not even need a steak knife to cut it. My husband's strip was perfect. We had Mac and cheese and brussel sprouts - yummy! Josh was a great server and Tony stopped by to ensure all was going well.Special Features:
- disappointedgreeneyedbear70Dined on 8/29/2014We went since we had heard good things about it. Although we had a reservation, we had to wait in a crowded, nosy foyer area for 20 minutes until we were seated. Service was ok but not up to what we expected for the cost of the meal. Steaks were tender but not flavorful. Baked potatoes were hard & tasted stale. I had short ribs & mashed potatoes which were good but not memorable. The Brussel Sprouts were just ok. We would have been happy to pay the high cost for the memorable meal we were hoping for but this was not the quality we wanted.Special Features:
- Very nice mealDirrDined on 8/29/2014We went early so other than the vibrant happy hour at the bar the restaurant was quiet. Service was great, never an empty water glass. Appetizers were excellent (jumbo shrimp and lobster bisque). Salads were average but liked that they were included in the entree price. Bread was fresh out of the oven but nothing special. Steaks were tasty and cooked to perfection. Liked that the potato was included with the entree but again just average. We were too full for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent againOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014Tony's never disappoints. Excellent food, experienced staff, nice décor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steak and ambiancePetuniaDined on 8/26/2014Tony's is pricey..what steak house isn't? But the steak was the best my group had enjoyed in many years and we discussed local competing steak venues. Sadly, one of the baked potatoes, was way overdone, giving it a sweet, taste. The potato is the reason for the 4, not 5 stars on the food. We go back.Special Features:
- UnimpressedBobbyVIPDined on 8/26/2014Our experience was "all right". For the price is should have been great. Service was excellent, almost too good, the busboy began clearing plates we hadn't finished. Food was a disappointment. Of our three entrees only one was a success. My Rig-a-Tony was very dry. It was much better as left-overs with additional tomato sauce the next day. My wife had the filet with truffle butter and loved it. Our other guest ordered the filet medium rare, she said it was over cooked and dry. Her baked potato was just and only that. They baked a potato and plopped it on her plate - no presentation what-so-ever. I expected more. Dessert - tiramisu, and cheesecake brulee were great.
- Wonderful FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/23/2014Love the Restaurant. It has the best quality of food and drinks.Special Features:
- Great restaurantExDiningVIPDined on 8/20/2014Food was very well cooked and the food presentation was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice FindfirstimerDined on 8/19/2014Has feel of nice restaurant, service good, food good but not great, very busy and tables are on top of each other. little privacy
- Great ExperienceGonzo5507Dined on 8/17/2014We were in town for the Western & Southern Open, and wanted to find a more upscale place than the food available at the tennis venue. I looked up steakhouses on Open Table, and found this. I have a steak and baked potato. Very good. My wife had a filet and mashed potatoes. She said her food was a bit bland. So she salted it up a bit. All was well, and our service was also good. If we return to the Open next year, this place will be on our list.
- Great Local RestaurantStarVIPDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I love going to Tony's. The service is great and the food is even better. I generally never eat meat but I do when I visit Tony's. The filet is perfect unlike when I go to other well known steak restaurants who over-salt their steak. The management staff is constantly walking around ensuring your visit is top-notch. I highly recommend Tony's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a HitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014This is my 4th time dining at Tonys. And, they never disappoint. The food is outstanding, and fairly reasonable given the high quality of food----much more reasonable than Rubys, Precinct, Mortons, or Ruths Chris. But, what I have grown to love most is the ambiance. It has a 1940s New York Supperclub feel to it. If you squint a bit, you can almost envision Frank Sinatra or Dean Martin sitting at a table near you. And, clearly Tony and his team want to create that personal feel to each customer's dining experience!Special Features:
- Very PleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We went to Tony's for our anniversary and I thought the food was excellent and the atmosphere was great. This was on a Saturday night, and there was a live band which we really enjoyed. My wife and I both had "The Dallas" and were very happy. My only complaint is minor but perhaps worth mentioning in that we had a reservation for 7:45 but had to wait an additional 10 minutes for our table. Not a huge deal, I am just big on being prepared for your appointments.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special nightJulesgirlVIPDined on 8/9/2014We were celebrating a friends progress and this was the perfect place. Arrived early enough for cocktails from Julz and Sarah-which were amazing. Colin took care of our every need and the meals were terrific. Can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- DEH62Dined on 8/7/2014Great food, good service, everyone in our party was happy. Good wine and Bourbon. Steaks and seafood were very good and well prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryFlydocDined on 8/6/2014First visit and we were very pleased - food and service wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- miamokiDined on 8/6/2014We were came to Cincinnati on a work trip and went to Tony's from the reviews on line. We weren't disappointed! The food was excellent and the wine list was excellent as well. We arrived a little early and were able to purchase our wine bottle at a happy hour discount so that was a plus (it's 20% off). Sat in the bar for a little bit - it was crowded, noisy and seemed to be a fun place - everything you would expect for a happy hour. Dinner was cooked to perfection and the wait staff was very attentive. I was a little surprised at the way people were dressed because they seemed to be much more casual than I expected. Overall great place and would definitely visit again next time we're in town!Special Features:
- 1st & Good ExperienceGreatSteakDinnerPlaceDined on 8/6/2014This was our 1st & Good Experience @ Tony's. No complaint whatsoever. Expected the dinner to be pricey; and it was so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent servicebudocatDined on 8/6/2014The dinner and the service by our waiter Josh and the rest of the group was marvelous. Josh did a fantastic job waiting on us and ensuring everything was tip-top with our meals. I highly recommend Josh for his attention despite having to wait on several tables at the same time that evening.Special Features:
- Tony's is excellent!RJREsqDined on 8/5/2014The shrimp cocktail and filet mignon were delicious. I will be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RecoveryloveditDined on 8/3/2014Enjoyed a first visit to Tony's. Brought the family through after a 2 day vacation. 3 steak entrees and 1 pasta. All excellent, but our appetites were not on "high" and we asked for leftovers to be packaged. Not sure what happened after the food was removed from our table, but Tony's manager approached our table and said that there had been a mishap and that he was bringing us a complimentary dessert. We were a bit confused, but then he returned after dessert with 2 complete steak meals and 1 pasta, all neatly packed and apologized for any inconvenience. Not sure what the "mishap" was, but the recovery was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealAmybDined on 8/2/2014We loved the meal and also the wait staff. Requested a booth so was disappointed that we didn't get that and were placed in the center of the room. Maybe next time! The owner even came to our table!Special Features:
- Great Food, but ..................VictDined on 8/2/2014Food is great but we expect a level of service commensurate with the prices. It's a good thing the nearby Friday's just closed. Maybe they can pick up some more amateur servers and staff. They brought our food and forgot us. We would have ordered a second $58 bottle of wine but we couldn't find our server. I guess the $200 bill was enough. Love the live jazz at the bar for an after dinner drink but again disappointed by the service. Yes the food is great but I really feel like these guys are just phoning it in. We won't be back for dinner but maybe a nightcap for the jazz. At this price point we can get professional service and attention elsewhere.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/2/2014Had a great time and experienced excellent food and service. Chef Mike made a grat halibut special that melted in your mouth and Colin made sure every need was met. Another fun evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tony's Is #1 !!DavidDined on 8/2/2014Tony's is the BEST restaurant around with consistent quality food, service and atmosphere! Here you can go and be greeted by the owner himself!!! I have never experienced this in any restaurant I have been to - he truly loves to know who his customer base is and that is what makes it the best place to be!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1ST TIME AT TONY'SBiskitVIPDined on 8/1/2014This was our 'default' choice since our normal trip downtown for a date night was not deemed to be a good idea that evening (highway closings, Lumenocity etc). We were very pleasantly surprised from the greeting at the front desk to the location of our corner table. Initially it was difficult to talk to each other because of the volume of the sound system, but this was eventually reduced to a moderate level. We were very impressed that both the manager and the owner (Tony) stopped by our table to check on our welfare. Our food selections were delivered successfully and were very tasty. Afterward we stopped by the bar for an extra drink and listened to the jazz trio that had just started playing. Thus we found a new restaurant to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceLovesgreatfoodDined on 7/31/2014By far the best steak and food in Cincinnati area. Ruby's can't match up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tummytimetummytimeDined on 7/30/2014Awesome food, service, attention to detail!!! Delightful evening out creating wonderful memories! Thanks, Tony!Special Features:
- Highly recommendAmykDined on 7/29/2014I would highly recommend. Ask for Seojin! He won't disappoint. Outstanding service, food and management representation. Love seeing Tony walking around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Choice!LindaDined on 7/26/2014My sister and I wanted a good meal (kind of last moment decision) and were very lucky to get a reservation the same day. I had the sea bass and Brussels sprouts. She had the filet. We both had the Greek salad. Our server (Eileen) was very sweet and kind. I have some dietary restrictions, and she was very accommodating. We had a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeAwesomeDined on 7/25/2014The whole experience was absolutely wonderful! Wait staff, food, atmosphere were all top notch!, we are going to highly recommend you to ALL our friends and family.Special Features:
- Tony was in the house as usualvisitingfishermanVIPDined on 7/23/2014I have dined at Tony’s on 4 occasions this summer and it is a different experience when Tony is in the house. This is not a negative remark about the manager, who does a wonderful job, but when both the owner and manager are present everything seems to go perfectly. Tonight, Tony was in the house and our steaks were perfectly cooked and had great flavor. The calamari was outstanding and the new sauce is very good. We had a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- #1 Steak n Seafood in Cincy!Luv2WinenDineVIPDined on 7/19/2014Absolutely the best Steak n Seafood restaurant in Cincinnati. Consistently Great food, service, and the bar has live music on weekends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another fabulous eveningJulesgirlVIPDined on 7/19/2014We've been here many times but it was our first non-steak meal. Wow, have we been missing out. Grouper special was terrific and salmon was perfect. Josh paced the dishes perfectly. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- BelindaBelindaDined on 7/12/2014We've never had a meal that was anything less than spectacular at Tony's. I'm so glad they've added such an extensive bar menu now, and if you love a really incredible hamburger, I've never had one that could equal theirs. This trip we dined in the main restaurant and, as always, had a wonderful timeSpecial Features:
- Delicious drinks!!!LadyLDined on 7/11/2014This was a great find recommended by friends. The waitress was new and wonderful and gave us great feedback on the drinks we were interested in trying along with our meals. Thank you - I will be back with my son for dinner next round!Special Features:
- Great spot for suburban restaurant.clubcorpgalDined on 7/11/2014Live music was terrific. Good selection. Love the ambiance and personal visits by the owners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tony's Great Food but drops ballRedbudDined on 7/8/2014Had an awesome birthday dinner for my wife there. She had a filet, I had an excellent Blackend Grouper with super carmelized greens and polenta but, note I said it was my wife's Birthday. The acknowledged it and then offered nor sent anything for a Happy Birthday dessert. Not a cup cake with a candle or even a cookie. I thought that was a bit classless.Special Features:
- Love it!Fun4nowDined on 7/5/2014We were celebrating my husband's birthday with family and friends. Everyone said the steaks were the most tender ones they had ever tasted. Kevin was an excellent server. Every want and need immediately satisfied. Would highly recommend to anyone!Special Features: