Tony's - St. Louis
410 Market St.
St. Louis, MO 63102Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
Tony's - St. Louis
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://tonysstlouis.com/
- Phone: (314) 231-7007
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm (Business Casual)
Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm (Business Casual)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Vincent P. Bommarito
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Tony's, a St. Louis landmark and nationally acclaimed restaurant, offers two exquisite private dining rooms, which are uniquely suited for business functions and celebrations, including rehearsal dinners, receptions, and more. The Wine Room, featuring a dramatic glass wall that highlights the medal-winning wine cellar, is a stunning dining space that accommodates up to 66 guests. The second private dining room, accommodating up to 50 guests, exudes an understated elegance. Order either from the renown Tony's menu, or work directly with Executive Chef Vincent P. Bommarito to develop a custom menu. Guests will enjoy award-winning cuisine and table side service that only Tony's can provide. Upon request, table centerpieces, music, audio/video equipment, podium, and other equipment can be provided. Tony's, because you want a signature evening from those who set the standard in the industry.
- Private Party Contact: Vincent J. Bommarito 3142317007x
A word from Tony's - St. Louis
Tony's, a St. Louis landmark and nationally acclaimed restaurant, has featured award-winning food, service, and ambiance for more than 40 years. Recognized year after year with the AAA Four-Diamond Award and the Forbes (formerly Mobil) Four-Star Award, among others, executive chef Vincent P. Bommarito creates a signature menu. From lobster albanello to a veal loin chop with truffle sauce, from filet mignon of swordfish to a luxurious tasting menu, all dishes are finished tableside. Tony's complements each meal with a medal-winning wine collection and decadent house-made desserts. Servers, many with Tony's for decades, anticipate guests' needs to create an extraordinary dining experience. Every guest is treated to the gracious hospitality one would receive walking into the Bommarito family's home. Generations of families celebrate special events at Tony's; business and leisure travelers make sure to include dinner at Tony's in their visit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Tony's - St. Louis - Best Restaurants in St. Louis ›
Tony's - St. Louis reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (81)romantic (59)notable wine list (55)fit for foodies (44)good for groups (20)neighborhood gem (8)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- A perfect eveningDocrussDined on 11/15/2014We took my in-laws to Tony's to celebrate their 60th Wedding Anniversary and were not disappointed. The entire experience was incredible. The service was amazing. Carlos, our server, was the best. We couldn't have asked for a better evening. We usually only come once a year for a special occasion but that is going to change! A perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best ServiceLoveforfoodDined on 11/8/2014If you are looking for a romantic place to eat, look no further! Tony's has impecable service and food! I gave the ambiance 4 stars because there were no windows in the dining area we were in but it wasn't bad. We would definitely go back the next time we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GerryCVIPDined on 11/7/2014Tony's is like no other. Vincent Bommarito has kept his old-school values in place while others have let them fall fallow. There are a lot of people on the floor -- captains, waiters, bussers -- each fully trained in his or her role so they can execute flawlessly. Sure its costly, but its how a proper white-tablecloth resaurant ought to be run. The menu is based in Italy, but very diverse. One thing you'd have trouble finding outside NYC is Dover Sole, but its on Tony's menu and served with all the grace of England from where it came. Tony's wine list has a lot of surprises -- many good selections from better years. The best surprise -- Tony's prices are very reasonable given the fie provisions and the labor involved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Anniversary Dinner!CSRSTLDined on 11/7/2014We enjoyed a great dinner for our anniversary at Tony's. The food was excellent, as we expected, but the real difference for us was the service. Our waiter, Adam, was helpful, knowledgeable, attentive, and friendly. In addition to Adam, there were 2 other waiters taking care of our table, and all of them were clearly well-trained. We never felt like the waiters were hovering, but it was almost as if they anticipated what we wanted before we even knew it ourselves. Everyone we encountered at Tony's was wonderful in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014I have heard about Tony's downtown for many years, so, my wife and I decided to have our anniversary dinner their this year. As far as food quality, taste and presentation goes, I would give Tony's a 2 out of 5 (not impressed at all). However, the service at this restaurant was outstanding! Also, I was served wine (not from our actual waiter) in a chipped glass with a very sharp edge on the rim (never to be expected especially at a place like this). I must admit my wife and I are hard to impress when it comes to food since we are foodies but, their are MANY great restaurants in St. Louis for MUCH less money. We will not be going back to Tony's but, now I can at least check it off the list.Special Features:
- foodbuddyDined on 11/1/2014We had an enjoyable, lovely meal. Very good service and friendly waiters and waitress. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the best in St. Louissmm1016Dined on 10/31/2014We have been going here for many years and it is by far our favorite restaurant in St. Louis. The food & service is consistently outstanding the drinks are incredible. If you have an opportunity to visit Tony's, don't miss it. It is worth every penny and it will be a standout in your restaurant memories.Special Features:
- It's slipped a few notchesAStLouisFoodieVIPDined on 10/28/2014With prices this high, there is little margin for errors but our evening was filled with them. From the salads being served to the wrong guests (the server got them switched between the 2 couples), our Bibb salad with hearts of palm and artichoke hearts being made of a much heavier fall lettuce (without having been told that would be the case), no pepper mill being offered and having to ask for cheese for our pasta appetizers,one of the guests having to ask for her water glass to be refilled, and the potatoes on one of the entrees being undercooked and still crunchy in the center, this was not the "impeccable service" and attention to every detail that we've come to expect from Tony's. Yes, the food was delicious. But...Special Features:
- Didn't Live UP to My ExpectationsSol123Dined on 10/28/2014Visited Tony's on business with a group of 5. Service was very good but the restaurant food quality and preparation were average considering the price. We all ordered various beef dishes, all good but certainly not memorable.Special Features:
- Nice restaurant but wouldn't returnsostl007Dined on 10/25/2014We went to Tony's to celebrate our first anniversary. Reservation was made for 8, we were seated at 9. The staff was friendly, and the food was good; being from a foodie town like St. Louis however, I know I could get the same quality food ( if not better) from several other places and half the price. I'm glad I got to experience Tony's, but would not return.Special Features:
- DissappointedstlfoodieDined on 10/25/2014We were disappointed. Well below our expectations. Many, many restaurants in St. Louis provide a better experience than Tony's did for us. The host was fantastic. He was the best part of the evening. The wait staff was just ok--not what we are used to at a first class restaurant (and certainly not what we remember years ago the last time we went to Tony's). The wait staff did not add to the experience, which is so important at this level of restaurant. The food was not bad--just not worthy of a special trip. We arrived early and wanted to sit in the bar for a cocktail. Dead. We were celebrating our 15th anniversary and wanted to go some place special. Other than the name and reputation, this place was not it. We likely will not return.Special Features:
- Great meal and great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014Tony's food was great and the service amazing! Bruce and his waiters were the best! We even saw Tony who came over and said hello.Special Features:
- RogerDined on 10/22/2014Tony's has been on our "bucket list" for years and our 50th anniversary was the trigger. We were very pleasantly surprised by our experience. This is dining as it should be! Ambiance was great, staff could not be any friendlier, and the food was superb. Can't get much better than that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tradition in St LouisOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Everyone from the owner Vince to the whole staff made it a night to remember. Romantic setting with fabolus food and tableside service and great wines. Now our special place.Special Features:
- OutstandingBlueJacketDined on 10/18/2014For many years Tony"s has been the go to place for those special occasions. I did not disappoint us most recently. Great food, refined atmosphere, excellent service and Vince, as always, greeted us at our table as if we were long lost friends. He is the consummate host.Special Features:
- Not what it used to beDekeDined on 10/18/2014Visited 3 times in past 15 years and this 4th time I noticed a reduction in the level of service. Just didn't get the attention that was provided on prior visits. The food was quite good. All things considered I'll stick with The Hill for Italian dining.Special Features:
- Friendly, attentive,good.dineaboutDined on 10/18/2014When you haven't been to a restaurant before, you can try to create a picture of how it will be from the reviews of others, but diners perspectives differ. This place was great, the staff was attentive, approachable, informative and we didn't think they did too much or intruded on our night, but really they participated in making it special. The food was special, the veal trio was nicely flavored, the lobster and shrimp with mustard sauce was very mustardy, just what I wanted. The creme brulee with berries was large and totally outstanding, large enough to share, really. I'm glad I finally made it to this Saint Louis landmark, I hope to make it back someday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oops wrong section!CharlieDined on 10/18/2014We were initially seated in a section off to the left of the front desk. This was a very dark and very smoke smelling room. We were given menus and tap water. We did not like the smoke smell so we asked several employees if they smelled cigarette smoke. They said no. Well we asked to be moved and we were. The next room was bright and beautiful and no smoke smell! We found out from the staff in the new room that the dark room we were in was the old smoking section.The waiter Nick was very professional. Food was exceptionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb experiencejmwhVIPDined on 10/17/2014It isn't often I can say every dish surprised me - in a good way. Even what one might expect to be a standard turned out to have some surprising and wonderful flavor twist. The staff was wonderful as well, every single person we encountered.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner Tradition2FatCatsDined on 10/17/2014A very busy Friday night, compared to our anniversary celebration last year on a Thursday. Service was as impeccable as ever. We were not rushed but neither did we have to wait for any service. The special white asparagus salad was beautifully presented; while it looked petite, it was extremely flavorful and filling. The Dover Sole was melt-in-the-mouth perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/16/2014We took Clients to dinner with us last Thursday night - and we were blown away. We had been told that the food and service were very good, but it was over the top. Every aspect of the dinner exceeded our expectations. The food, presentation, wine and service were outstanding. I would rate Tony's as one of the best restaurant experiences we have had in the Midwest...including Chicago.Special Features:
- Tony's never disappointsSTLFoodieDined on 10/16/2014My wife and I celebrated our 30th anniversary at Tony's and there was never any discussion about going anywhere else. The food and service were exceptional as always, and Vince was his ever present self, personally welcoming and engaging every table. Truly a special spot, and it will continue to occupy top spot for special nights out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Anniversaryjchc1016Dined on 10/16/2014For our 10th wedding Anniversary, I wanted to do something special for my wife. Having recently had a baby, taking a trip or even leaving town for the night was not an option. I decided to surprise her with a simple evening out. Having never been to Tony's but always hearing great things, I made dinner reservations. To say it was "a hit" would be an extreme understatement. We LOVED it. Amazing food, amazing service (Carlos and Austin were great), and amazing atmosphere. For any special occasion or "just because", I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Notable dining experiencejlslDined on 10/12/2014Wait staff and dishes were top-notch. Selected the tasting menu with wine pairing and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Easily accommodated some dietary restrictions of ours. Nicely appointed dining room. Tomato-based sauces were light, like the ones we experience in Italy. Would love to go back, soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentZigzagVIPDined on 10/11/2014I visit 2 times a year when I am in St. Louis. They are always exceptionally friendly. When a restaurant does the simple things fabulously well - to me that is greatness. Tony's does that. The Pasta primavera is the best anywhere, as are several of the shrimp dishes. Look forward to returningSpecial Features:
- mitchellDined on 10/11/2014Everything was just "perfect". It was a memorable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Food was good but not the best I've ever had, in fact had alot of meals that were better. However the service was spectacular, attention to detail had four people working the table. If that's the best that St. Louis has to offer,well that's their problem. Our best meal was on the HILL at a much more reasonable cost with very good service.
- A bit impersonal, but good foodAgnoshticDined on 10/8/2014Took a group of colleagues here and felt like we walked into a library. We were prepared for a more formal dining experience, but the demeanour of staff & websites profession of "jeans welcome!" were complete at odds. Food was good, everything from veal to seafood to pasta, though not exceptional. Wine list seriously marked up.Special Features:
- JonDDined on 10/7/2014Dining at Tony's is always a delight. Absolutely first class.Special Features:
- Before a Playoff Baseball GameshancoDined on 10/6/2014There is no finer restaurant in the St. Louis area. There's a reason why Tony's is rated as one of the finest restaurants in the US. From start to finish, one could not ask for a better experience. Superb food, excellent service, and worth every cent. Outstanding wine list. On a scale of 10 I would give them a 12. One will never go wrong eating at Tony's.Special Features:
- Before the big gameOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014Always great! Went there before the Cardinals playoff game this time. Fun to see the whole place inhabited by Cardinal fans dressed in red.Special Features:
- Fantastic eveningenjoyablediningDined on 10/4/2014Everything from valet to desert was wonderful. Special evening, food, service, wine were all great. Knowledge of the menu and how it is prepared and served by the waiters was excellent. Had a nice chat with Mr. Bommarito at our table. Could not have been any better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Checking out STLMag top restaurantAnneVIPDined on 9/27/2014Our table was not ready so we were escorted to their lovely bar to have a drink while we waited for about 30 min. Food was very good with table side heating/presentations nice touch. Service was excellent. Best part of the evening was two visits from Vince Bommarito who charmed is both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatJamesDined on 9/26/2014Tony's is not just for special occasions. As usual, the food and atmosphere are amazing. The table side food preparation is a nice touch and I was truly impressed to see Tony that evening, welcoming customers and helping the staff serve customers.Special Features:
- CiaoArlineDined on 9/25/2014In our younger years, we use to be so impressed and excited to go to Tony's (and Anthony's). We now realize there are too many great restaurants for much less money. Food is still spectacular and having 3 or 4 paying attention to you at all times can make you feel special but I believe this was my farewell visit. Thanks for the memories!Special Features:
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/23/2014The whole team starting with the Maitre'D to the entire serving staff were spectacularSpecial Features:
- Nice special occasion placeDanielSDined on 9/20/2014A great time at Tony's. The service was simply outstanding, and the atmosphere is refined but not snooty. Many dishes are finished off tableside, which is a nice touch. The scallop appetizer was excellent. The lobster and shrimp linguine and sirloin steak were very good, but nothing that blew me away. The wine list was deep without being overwhelming. The triple chocolate torte was an amazing finish, rich and wonderful. The portions were just perfect; I felt I could eat the whole meal if I wanted to, but wouldn't leave hungry. Tony himself stopped by our table at least three times and is definitely engaged in the running of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great nightImpressedVIPDined on 9/19/2014Tonys is always on top in Stl. We really enjoyed everything especially the lobster and shrimp scampi in mustard sauce. Only complaint we used to love having a cocktail in the bar area before dinner, the walls used to have pics of celebrities signed to tonys. They took them down now and we didn't get to expericence that. None the less we love this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Evening.MackDined on 9/19/2014We celebrated a special occasion (our 50th wedding anniversary) at Tony's and it turned out perfect. The food was exceptionally good. The atmosphere was pleasant. The staff outstanding. We had not been out to a really great meal for a long time. We asked our son and daughter-in-law, both St.Louis professionals, for a the name of a really great restaurant. They both said Tony's right off the bat. So Tony's it was. What a great decision we made. Thank you Thomas and Billee. (They surprised us by pre-paying for our special meal) What great kids we have. Tony even took steps to make our occasion perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A blast from the pastlikestoeatVIPDined on 9/16/2014This is an old fashioned, excellent Italian restaurant. We had the chef's tasting menu. The smoked salmon was excellent. The entire meal was excellent. Amazingly reasonably priced. My only complaint regard the wine pairing. With each course we were given a glass that had been pre filled with wine. No one brought the bottles over to pour at the table. Not very professional.Special Features: