Tony's - St. Louis
410 Market St.
St. Louis, MO 63102Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
Tony's - St. Louis
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://tonysstlouis.com/
- Phone: 3142317007x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm (Business Casual)
Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm (Business Casual)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Vincent P. Bommarito
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Tony's, a St. Louis landmark and nationally acclaimed restaurant, offers two exquisite private dining rooms, which are uniquely suited for business functions and celebrations, including rehearsal dinners, receptions, and more. The Wine Room, featuring a dramatic glass wall that highlights the medal-winning wine cellar, is a stunning dining space that accommodates up to 66 guests. The second private dining room, accommodating up to 50 guests, exudes an understated elegance. Order either from the renown Tony's menu, or work directly with Executive Chef Vincent P. Bommarito to develop a custom menu. Guests will enjoy award-winning cuisine and table side service that only Tony's can provide. Upon request, table centerpieces, music, audio/video equipment, podium, and other equipment can be provided. Tony's, because you want a signature evening from those who set the standard in the industry.
- Private Party Contact: Vincent J. Bommarito 3142317007x
A word from Tony's - St. Louis
Tony's, a St. Louis landmark and nationally acclaimed restaurant, has featured award-winning food, service, and ambiance for more than 40 years. Recognized year after year with the AAA Four-Diamond Award and the Forbes (formerly Mobil) Four-Star Award, among others, executive chef Vincent P. Bommarito creates a signature menu. From lobster albanello to a veal loin chop with truffle sauce, from filet mignon of swordfish to a luxurious tasting menu, all dishes are finished tableside. Tony's complements each meal with a medal-winning wine collection and decadent house-made desserts. Servers, many with Tony's for decades, anticipate guests' needs to create an extraordinary dining experience. Every guest is treated to the gracious hospitality one would receive walking into the Bommarito family's home. Generations of families celebrate special events at Tony's; business and leisure travelers make sure to include dinner at Tony's in their visit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Tony's - St. Louis - Best Restaurants in St. Louis ›
Tony's - St. Louis reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (95)romantic (71)notable wine list (64)fit for foodies (55)good for groups (16)neighborhood gem (8)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- RogerDined on 10/22/2014Tony's has been on our "bucket list" for years and our 50th anniversary was the trigger. We were very pleasantly surprised by our experience. This is dining as it should be! Ambiance was great, staff could not be any friendlier, and the food was superb. Can't get much better than that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tradition in St LouisOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014Everyone from the owner Vince to the whole staff made it a night to remember. Romantic setting with fabolus food and tableside service and great wines. Now our special place.Special Features:
- Not what it used to beDekeDined on 10/18/2014Visited 3 times in past 15 years and this 4th time I noticed a reduction in the level of service. Just didn't get the attention that was provided on prior visits. The food was quite good. All things considered I'll stick with The Hill for Italian dining.Special Features:
- Friendly, attentive,good.dineaboutDined on 10/18/2014When you haven't been to a restaurant before, you can try to create a picture of how it will be from the reviews of others, but diners perspectives differ. This place was great, the staff was attentive, approachable, informative and we didn't think they did too much or intruded on our night, but really they participated in making it special. The food was special, the veal trio was nicely flavored, the lobster and shrimp with mustard sauce was very mustardy, just what I wanted. The creme brulee with berries was large and totally outstanding, large enough to share, really. I'm glad I finally made it to this Saint Louis landmark, I hope to make it back someday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oops wrong section!CharlieDined on 10/18/2014We were initially seated in a section off to the left of the front desk. This was a very dark and very smoke smelling room. We were given menus and tap water. We did not like the smoke smell so we asked several employees if they smelled cigarette smoke. They said no. Well we asked to be moved and we were. The next room was bright and beautiful and no smoke smell! We found out from the staff in the new room that the dark room we were in was the old smoking section.The waiter Nick was very professional. Food was exceptionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb experiencejmwhDined on 10/17/2014It isn't often I can say every dish surprised me - in a good way. Even what one might expect to be a standard turned out to have some surprising and wonderful flavor twist. The staff was wonderful as well, every single person we encountered.Special Features:
- Anniversary Dinner Tradition2FatCatsDined on 10/17/2014A very busy Friday night, compared to our anniversary celebration last year on a Thursday. Service was as impeccable as ever. We were not rushed but neither did we have to wait for any service. The special white asparagus salad was beautifully presented; while it looked petite, it was extremely flavorful and filling. The Dover Sole was melt-in-the-mouth perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 10/16/2014We took Clients to dinner with us last Thursday night - and we were blown away. We had been told that the food and service were very good, but it was over the top. Every aspect of the dinner exceeded our expectations. The food, presentation, wine and service were outstanding. I would rate Tony's as one of the best restaurant experiences we have had in the Midwest...including Chicago.Special Features:
- Tony's never disappointsSTLFoodieDined on 10/16/2014My wife and I celebrated our 30th anniversary at Tony's and there was never any discussion about going anywhere else. The food and service were exceptional as always, and Vince was his ever present self, personally welcoming and engaging every table. Truly a special spot, and it will continue to occupy top spot for special nights out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Anniversaryjchc1016Dined on 10/16/2014For our 10th wedding Anniversary, I wanted to do something special for my wife. Having recently had a baby, taking a trip or even leaving town for the night was not an option. I decided to surprise her with a simple evening out. Having never been to Tony's but always hearing great things, I made dinner reservations. To say it was "a hit" would be an extreme understatement. We LOVED it. Amazing food, amazing service (Carlos and Austin were great), and amazing atmosphere. For any special occasion or "just because", I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Notable dining experiencejlslDined on 10/12/2014Wait staff and dishes were top-notch. Selected the tasting menu with wine pairing and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Easily accommodated some dietary restrictions of ours. Nicely appointed dining room. Tomato-based sauces were light, like the ones we experience in Italy. Would love to go back, soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentZigzagVIPDined on 10/11/2014I visit 2 times a year when I am in St. Louis. They are always exceptionally friendly. When a restaurant does the simple things fabulously well - to me that is greatness. Tony's does that. The Pasta primavera is the best anywhere, as are several of the shrimp dishes. Look forward to returningSpecial Features:
- mitchellDined on 10/11/2014Everything was just "perfect". It was a memorable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Food was good but not the best I've ever had, in fact had alot of meals that were better. However the service was spectacular, attention to detail had four people working the table. If that's the best that St. Louis has to offer,well that's their problem. Our best meal was on the HILL at a much more reasonable cost with very good service.
- A bit impersonal, but good foodAgnoshticDined on 10/8/2014Took a group of colleagues here and felt like we walked into a library. We were prepared for a more formal dining experience, but the demeanour of staff & websites profession of "jeans welcome!" were complete at odds. Food was good, everything from veal to seafood to pasta, though not exceptional. Wine list seriously marked up.Special Features:
- JonDDined on 10/7/2014Dining at Tony's is always a delight. Absolutely first class.Special Features:
- Before a Playoff Baseball GameshancoDined on 10/6/2014There is no finer restaurant in the St. Louis area. There's a reason why Tony's is rated as one of the finest restaurants in the US. From start to finish, one could not ask for a better experience. Superb food, excellent service, and worth every cent. Outstanding wine list. On a scale of 10 I would give them a 12. One will never go wrong eating at Tony's.Special Features:
- Before the big gameOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014Always great! Went there before the Cardinals playoff game this time. Fun to see the whole place inhabited by Cardinal fans dressed in red.Special Features:
- Fantastic eveningenjoyablediningDined on 10/4/2014Everything from valet to desert was wonderful. Special evening, food, service, wine were all great. Knowledge of the menu and how it is prepared and served by the waiters was excellent. Had a nice chat with Mr. Bommarito at our table. Could not have been any better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Checking out STLMag top restaurantAnneVIPDined on 9/27/2014Our table was not ready so we were escorted to their lovely bar to have a drink while we waited for about 30 min. Food was very good with table side heating/presentations nice touch. Service was excellent. Best part of the evening was two visits from Vince Bommarito who charmed is both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatJamesDined on 9/26/2014Tony's is not just for special occasions. As usual, the food and atmosphere are amazing. The table side food preparation is a nice touch and I was truly impressed to see Tony that evening, welcoming customers and helping the staff serve customers.Special Features:
- CiaoArlineDined on 9/25/2014In our younger years, we use to be so impressed and excited to go to Tony's (and Anthony's). We now realize there are too many great restaurants for much less money. Food is still spectacular and having 3 or 4 paying attention to you at all times can make you feel special but I believe this was my farewell visit. Thanks for the memories!Special Features:
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/23/2014The whole team starting with the Maitre'D to the entire serving staff were spectacularSpecial Features:
- Nice special occasion placeDanielSDined on 9/20/2014A great time at Tony's. The service was simply outstanding, and the atmosphere is refined but not snooty. Many dishes are finished off tableside, which is a nice touch. The scallop appetizer was excellent. The lobster and shrimp linguine and sirloin steak were very good, but nothing that blew me away. The wine list was deep without being overwhelming. The triple chocolate torte was an amazing finish, rich and wonderful. The portions were just perfect; I felt I could eat the whole meal if I wanted to, but wouldn't leave hungry. Tony himself stopped by our table at least three times and is definitely engaged in the running of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great nightImpressedVIPDined on 9/19/2014Tonys is always on top in Stl. We really enjoyed everything especially the lobster and shrimp scampi in mustard sauce. Only complaint we used to love having a cocktail in the bar area before dinner, the walls used to have pics of celebrities signed to tonys. They took them down now and we didn't get to expericence that. None the less we love this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Evening.MackDined on 9/19/2014We celebrated a special occasion (our 50th wedding anniversary) at Tony's and it turned out perfect. The food was exceptionally good. The atmosphere was pleasant. The staff outstanding. We had not been out to a really great meal for a long time. We asked our son and daughter-in-law, both St.Louis professionals, for a the name of a really great restaurant. They both said Tony's right off the bat. So Tony's it was. What a great decision we made. Thank you Thomas and Billee. (They surprised us by pre-paying for our special meal) What great kids we have. Tony even took steps to make our occasion perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A blast from the pastlikestoeatVIPDined on 9/16/2014This is an old fashioned, excellent Italian restaurant. We had the chef's tasting menu. The smoked salmon was excellent. The entire meal was excellent. Amazingly reasonably priced. My only complaint regard the wine pairing. With each course we were given a glass that had been pre filled with wine. No one brought the bottles over to pour at the table. Not very professional.Special Features:
- Perfect for the occasionJDragushDined on 9/13/2014I took my husband here for his birthday and everyone, and I mean everyone, from entering the building to getting a cab to head to our concert, were absolutely amazing! The service was nothing less than perfect! The food was absolutely wonderful and my husband was in heaven with his dinner option!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarvellousellisrogerDined on 9/11/2014One of the best meals ever, with wonderfully fresh ingredients tastefully cooked and presented and the most friendly attentive service.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationBruceDined on 9/11/2014Over 20 years since we'd been to eat there, in fact, The restaurant location had changed, the amenities are much better at the new location. We used our waiter's suggestions and both entrees, veal and lobster albanano were delicious.Special Features:
- St. Louis GemSportsfanDined on 9/6/2014If you are looking for a memorable evening with great food, superior service and the extra touch that comes from an owner who oversees his restaurant with pride and a keen eye then you don't want to miss Tony's - St. Louis. Not for the bargain hunter - you get what you pay for - a fine dining experience. At Tony's you fit right in with formal attire or jeans and a polo. Make this you special occasion destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 20 Year Anniversaryfriendm7Dined on 9/5/2014Took my wife to Tonys to celebrate our 20 year anniversary. Had a 630 reservation on a Fri night and was surprised that we were the only ones in the restaurant until 7. It was a little uncomfortable for a while but by the time we left at 8, most tables were full on our side of dining room. Recommend reservation after 7 unless you want the place all to yourself;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tony's - still greatRaymanDined on 9/2/2014Fantastic food, surprising energetic, so great for kids/groups. Prices are high but what does one expect for the best in town. Location is easy to get too and service is the best.Special Features:
- SuperbDrprDined on 9/2/2014Have been frequent customer since original site in the 70s. Father and son greeted us tableside and wait staff are attentive and professional. Food is clearly superior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very late seatingphoneguyVIPDined on 8/30/2014We have been coming to Tony's for 20+ years and we always look forward to near perfection from start to finish and we are rarely disappointed. That changed on our recent visit. We arrived at about 8:20 for our 8:30 reservation. We were ushered to Anthony's and were told that out table was not quite ready. After asking the status of our table several times, at 9:20 I called Mike Shannon's to see if we could get our party of 5 seated immediately and they said yes and we were ready to walk out the door when they announced our table was ready. Maybe I was annoyed with the long delay in being seated, but the rest of the evening seemed a bit "off". The timing was off all night. Food was good, but not the special occasion I expected.Special Features:
- Not the same Tony's1ChicagoExpert1622Dined on 8/30/2014Tony's is not in the same location as the original one I remembered 10 or 15 years ago. I loved the ambiance of the original old building and the old world Italian style then. This is a beautiful restaurant, comfortable and elegant. (my 33 yr old son called it stuffy). The food is outstanding. We made a reservation a week in advance, were 10 minutes early and were directed to the bar for a cocktail. The bar and service was enjoyable, but could see that people there were also waiting for a table for a specific reservation. We waited an hour for our table and after getting into the dining room could see that there were several tables empty. I don't believe I will go back, even tho the old Tony's holds fond memories for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SunDevil - AugustSunDevilDined on 8/30/2014Tony's never disappoints in terms of food, service and ambience. Tony's is a must stop every time we are in St Louis. This experience was no different. I had the seafood special - Black Grouper and it was excellent. My wife had Trio of Veal and thought it was the best ever. The waiter helped us select an excellent Pinot Noir that pared well with both the seafood and the veal. Despite hosting a private party for 60 people the service was still everything I expected in the main dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy dining venuePollywally1Dined on 8/29/2014We decided to eat here based on tripadvisor reviews. We were in town for a Cards game so decided to pick this as our Dining experience "splurge" for the weekend. We knew right away this place was a very classy and elegant restaurant After arriving and felt a bit out of place with our guys in shorts. However, we were never made to feel anything but Welcome by the owner,Vince, as well as all the staff. Kudos to the chef who prepared our meals and a special comment To the guy at the front desk who gave us detailed history of Tony's who made us feel welcome and took the time To treat us just like everyone else.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service!!!AnonymousVIPDined on 8/26/2014This is the only restaurant I take my clients to in St. Louis. Excellent food and service!!! Carlos was our server and he is outstanding. All members of the staff are excellent ! Thank you!!! - Dr. McKeonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not outstandingFoodforthoughtDined on 8/21/2014After reading reviews on Tony's, I expected the food to be better. It was good, but I have had much better. It reminded me of banquet food. The atmosphere resembles a private club that has seen better days. The best part of the experience was chatting with the owner who came to the table several times; he was a charming man who obviously loves what he does. The service was impeccable and the almond tart with salted caramel ice cream was very good.