Tony's - St. Louis
410 Market St.
St. Louis, MO 63102Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
Tony's - St. Louis
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://tonysstlouis.com/
- Phone: 3142317007x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm (Business Casual)
Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm (Business Casual)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Vincent P. Bommarito
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Tony's, a St. Louis landmark and nationally acclaimed restaurant, offers two exquisite private dining rooms, which are uniquely suited for business functions and celebrations, including rehearsal dinners, receptions, and more. The Wine Room, featuring a dramatic glass wall that highlights the medal-winning wine cellar, is a stunning dining space that accommodates up to 66 guests. The second private dining room, accommodating up to 50 guests, exudes an understated elegance. Order either from the renown Tony's menu, or work directly with Executive Chef Vincent P. Bommarito to develop a custom menu. Guests will enjoy award-winning cuisine and table side service that only Tony's can provide. Upon request, table centerpieces, music, audio/video equipment, podium, and other equipment can be provided. Tony's, because you want a signature evening from those who set the standard in the industry.
- Private Party Contact: Vincent J. Bommarito 3142317007x
A word from Tony's - St. Louis
Tony's, a St. Louis landmark and nationally acclaimed restaurant, has featured award-winning food, service, and ambiance for more than 40 years. Recognized year after year with the AAA Four-Diamond Award and the Forbes (formerly Mobil) Four-Star Award, among others, executive chef Vincent P. Bommarito creates a signature menu. From lobster albanello to a veal loin chop with truffle sauce, from filet mignon of swordfish to a luxurious tasting menu, all dishes are finished tableside. Tony's complements each meal with a medal-winning wine collection and decadent house-made desserts. Servers, many with Tony's for decades, anticipate guests' needs to create an extraordinary dining experience. Every guest is treated to the gracious hospitality one would receive walking into the Bommarito family's home. Generations of families celebrate special events at Tony's; business and leisure travelers make sure to include dinner at Tony's in their visit.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Tony's - St. Louis - Best Restaurants in St. Louis ›
Tony's - St. Louis reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (97)romantic (77)notable wine list (67)fit for foodies (60)good for groups (15)neighborhood gem (10)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Great nightImpressedVIPDined on 9/19/2014Tonys is always on top in Stl. We really enjoyed everything especially the lobster and shrimp scampi in mustard sauce. Only complaint we used to love having a cocktail in the bar area before dinner, the walls used to have pics of celebrities signed to tonys. They took them down now and we didn't get to expericence that. None the less we love this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A blast from the pastlikestoeatVIPDined on 9/16/2014This is an old fashioned, excellent Italian restaurant. We had the chef's tasting menu. The smoked salmon was excellent. The entire meal was excellent. Amazingly reasonably priced. My only complaint regard the wine pairing. With each course we were given a glass that had been pre filled with wine. No one brought the bottles over to pour at the table. Not very professional.Special Features:
- Perfect for the occasionJDragushDined on 9/13/2014I took my husband here for his birthday and everyone, and I mean everyone, from entering the building to getting a cab to head to our concert, were absolutely amazing! The service was nothing less than perfect! The food was absolutely wonderful and my husband was in heaven with his dinner option!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarvellousellisrogerDined on 9/11/2014One of the best meals ever, with wonderfully fresh ingredients tastefully cooked and presented and the most friendly attentive service.Special Features:
- Birthday celebrationBruceDined on 9/11/2014Over 20 years since we'd been to eat there, in fact, The restaurant location had changed, the amenities are much better at the new location. We used our waiter's suggestions and both entrees, veal and lobster albanano were delicious.Special Features:
- St. Louis GemSportsfanDined on 9/6/2014If you are looking for a memorable evening with great food, superior service and the extra touch that comes from an owner who oversees his restaurant with pride and a keen eye then you don't want to miss Tony's - St. Louis. Not for the bargain hunter - you get what you pay for - a fine dining experience. At Tony's you fit right in with formal attire or jeans and a polo. Make this you special occasion destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 20 Year Anniversaryfriendm7Dined on 9/5/2014Took my wife to Tonys to celebrate our 20 year anniversary. Had a 630 reservation on a Fri night and was surprised that we were the only ones in the restaurant until 7. It was a little uncomfortable for a while but by the time we left at 8, most tables were full on our side of dining room. Recommend reservation after 7 unless you want the place all to yourself;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tony's - still greatRaymanDined on 9/2/2014Fantastic food, surprising energetic, so great for kids/groups. Prices are high but what does one expect for the best in town. Location is easy to get too and service is the best.Special Features:
- SuperbDrprDined on 9/2/2014Have been frequent customer since original site in the 70s. Father and son greeted us tableside and wait staff are attentive and professional. Food is clearly superior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very late seatingphoneguyVIPDined on 8/30/2014We have been coming to Tony's for 20+ years and we always look forward to near perfection from start to finish and we are rarely disappointed. That changed on our recent visit. We arrived at about 8:20 for our 8:30 reservation. We were ushered to Anthony's and were told that out table was not quite ready. After asking the status of our table several times, at 9:20 I called Mike Shannon's to see if we could get our party of 5 seated immediately and they said yes and we were ready to walk out the door when they announced our table was ready. Maybe I was annoyed with the long delay in being seated, but the rest of the evening seemed a bit "off". The timing was off all night. Food was good, but not the special occasion I expected.Special Features:
- Not the same Tony's1ChicagoExpert1622Dined on 8/30/2014Tony's is not in the same location as the original one I remembered 10 or 15 years ago. I loved the ambiance of the original old building and the old world Italian style then. This is a beautiful restaurant, comfortable and elegant. (my 33 yr old son called it stuffy). The food is outstanding. We made a reservation a week in advance, were 10 minutes early and were directed to the bar for a cocktail. The bar and service was enjoyable, but could see that people there were also waiting for a table for a specific reservation. We waited an hour for our table and after getting into the dining room could see that there were several tables empty. I don't believe I will go back, even tho the old Tony's holds fond memories for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SunDevil - AugustSunDevilDined on 8/30/2014Tony's never disappoints in terms of food, service and ambience. Tony's is a must stop every time we are in St Louis. This experience was no different. I had the seafood special - Black Grouper and it was excellent. My wife had Trio of Veal and thought it was the best ever. The waiter helped us select an excellent Pinot Noir that pared well with both the seafood and the veal. Despite hosting a private party for 60 people the service was still everything I expected in the main dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classy dining venuePollywally1Dined on 8/29/2014We decided to eat here based on tripadvisor reviews. We were in town for a Cards game so decided to pick this as our Dining experience "splurge" for the weekend. We knew right away this place was a very classy and elegant restaurant After arriving and felt a bit out of place with our guys in shorts. However, we were never made to feel anything but Welcome by the owner,Vince, as well as all the staff. Kudos to the chef who prepared our meals and a special comment To the guy at the front desk who gave us detailed history of Tony's who made us feel welcome and took the time To treat us just like everyone else.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service!!!AnonymousVIPDined on 8/26/2014This is the only restaurant I take my clients to in St. Louis. Excellent food and service!!! Carlos was our server and he is outstanding. All members of the staff are excellent ! Thank you!!! - Dr. McKeonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not outstandingFoodforthoughtDined on 8/21/2014After reading reviews on Tony's, I expected the food to be better. It was good, but I have had much better. It reminded me of banquet food. The atmosphere resembles a private club that has seen better days. The best part of the experience was chatting with the owner who came to the table several times; he was a charming man who obviously loves what he does. The service was impeccable and the almond tart with salted caramel ice cream was very good.
- DrtedDined on 8/15/2014Atmosphere, service, courtesy outstadning..high class. Food really good, but not really exceptional...several in our party enjoyed the appetizers more than the mains. Pricing a bit high for quality of food, but given the overall experience not outlandish. Highlight, though, was tour with Vincent of the kitchen...truly showed his pride in his restaurant, and was very enjoyable and made the evening. Overall a great night with friends: and it was a night, not an hour, as we luxuriated over dinner for three hours witghout so much as a hint that we were holding anyone up.Special Features:
- frequentflyerfrequentflyerDined on 8/12/2014Tony's never disappoints and the quality remains high. The menu has changed some, but all selections are good. The zabaglione at tableside was the best yet; it is our favorite dessert.Special Features:
- A Special PlaceSodalakeDined on 8/8/2014Tony's has been a St Louis institution for many years. Sadly it was one that I had missed until my birthday this year. The highlights are the incredibly attentive service, the superb wine list, and the lovely ambiance. Tony's is "old fashioned" in the best sense of the term that guarantees an elegant and memorable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Failure. Resting on its laurals?foodguy58Dined on 8/2/2014Disappointing on all levels. The bar (Anthony's) is underwhelming. No drink menu, and poor choice of whiskeys. My wife requested a cab and the bartender returned with a glass without a tasting, or being told what she was given. It felt like a catering bar. Dinner. We were seated in a near empty room. No music, dead quiet, empty room with the ambiance of a school gymnasium. Our wait staff were average. My food (red snapper) was very good. My wife's shrimp and lobster pasta was ok. A disappointing evening with a below average bar and dining experience. If you want great Italian experienceI'd suggest Charlie Gitto's on the Hill.
- Birthday celebrationsnooperDined on 8/2/2014This was my time at Tony's, and it certainly will not be the last. We went there to celebrate my wife's birthday, and it was a great choice. Everything I have ever heard about the restaurant were proven correct. There was not thing about our experience that was not first class. Thank you to the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special EventOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Tony's combines great food and service to create a dining experience without compare. You forget that you are in a restaurant and soon feel at home among friends. The bar prepares excellent cocktails complimenting a wine list that blends wonderfully with a menu featuring some delightful dishes featuring lobster and veal. The staff actually listened to us and helped us chose the perfect entree. Definitely the best if you want to experience the art of dining rather than just eat. We can 't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Choice -gourmet dinner!MymauiwineDined on 7/30/2014With all the restaurants in St. Louis it can be difficult to choose. We hit the jackpot first try! Tony's is an upscale restaurant with excellent food, service and ambiance. Great fish, scallops, pasta & wine! I would definitely go back when I return to St. Louis.Special Features:
- Tony's in St. LouisFineFoodQuestorsVIPDined on 7/22/2014Lovely restaurant. Service impeccable. The food was excellent. My husband and I had different dishes, all of which were very good. Steak Tartare prepared perfectly. Prosciutto with melon appetizer was fresh and tasty. Filet Mignon was cooked perfectly, tender and juicy. Excellent choice of wines. We had the Flambé Bananas for dessert. It was scrumptious. Can't say enough great things about Tony's.Special Features:
- St. Louis GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2014We went to Tony's for my wife's 50th birthday celebration. Love the complimentary valet parking. The food and wine were outstanding as was the service. For a special occasion you can not find a better place. We enjoyed the pasta with lobster and shrimp and the veal chop with eggplant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love2cooklove2cookDined on 7/18/2014Excellent food, service and ambiance. I would have liked to have seen the wine bottles prior to the pour. Although entertaining, not a fan of the table side presentation. The pasta, steak and desert were outstanding. While the fruit and cheese plate had wonderful grapes it could have been conceived better. Only one of the cheeses stood out. It was essentially just a couple of pieces of cheese and some grapes. I expected more. I would suggest adding some nuts and fig jam. This was really my only complaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but not greatJJE4Dined on 7/11/2014nice atmosphere, but the food was at a standard of a regular nice restaurant, not worth a $600 bill for 4 people. They decided to open a 3rd bottled water without asking and started poring it at the end of the night when we were done, small but frustrating. Some of the food was really nice some was just ok, the dessert at the end of the night had a special that was highly recommended and it wasnt that great. Like I said nice dinner but for the money not worth it.Special Features:
- ceejayDined on 7/11/2014Perfect, Our waiter created a tasting menu with all the nights specials, and did the custom wine pairing to match each course. Very attentive service, food is served at the table after being heating over an open flame cart. Our dinner was well cooked and served with care. Amazing experience, very similar to Le Cir in Las Vegas. The owner, Vincent, was close by, and was truly interested in our dining experience. We will eat here again when traveling to St Louis.Special Features:
- Doesn't get any better than this...CptADined on 7/10/2014Hands down the best in the Midwest...Tony's has been at the top of the list for food, service, ambiance and excellence for more than a half a century, and still as enjoyable as ever...Special Features:
- OutstandingGourmet1950Dined on 7/9/2014Tony's is a terrific restaurant and one of our favorites. The food is terrific and the waiters are very attentive without being over bearing. The owner makes his rounds and checks with every customer during their dinner. Worth every penny. Best cream spinach on the planet. The experience is always a treat. I would highly recommend.Special Features:
- YukiDined on 7/8/2014I thought their wine collection was outstanding. I wasn't very impressed with food.Special Features:
- Exceptional Dining ExperienceSpecialDined on 7/5/2014Tony's continues to set the gold standard with amazing service, outstanding food and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/5/2014Excellent experience.The entire evening was wonderful.Food,service,friendly servers,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, not greatProfessorDined on 7/5/2014Considering its reputation, I was a little disappointed with the food. The dressing on the house salad was tasteless. The three veals entre was good but I have had better veal dishes at other restaurants that charged $10 less. The risotto was very good as was the salmon. The service was very good but not outstanding.Special Features:
- pacogarDined on 7/3/2014Top notch restaurant; a St. louis classic. Everything was perfect. Save the place for a special occasion; it will spoil you for all orther restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dinner we had in St. LouisPudgyDined on 7/3/2014My husband and I were here for a convention so we ate dinner out 5 times. This place is top notch! Not cheap, but you pay for what you get. I had the asparagus appetizer and the risotto for my main course. Can't remember what my husbands first course was, but he had the veal loin chop for his main course. We both loved our dishes. The servers are ever ready to refill water and wine glasses. Everything was impeccable. I finished with the cheese and had the most incredible French Brie. Tonys is a treat! I think jackets are in order for the men. Everyone seemed to have one on.Special Features:
- Perfect Returnpmover12Dined on 6/28/2014We have been gone from Missouri (and Tony's) for sixteen years when we lived in Oregon. Saturday was our celebration dinner for our permanent return to the state and absolutely nothing has changed. Vince is still a warm and welcoming presence; the service is absolutely exquisite, the food was every bit as good as we remembered. In essence, the entire experience was memorable. If you are in a hurry and just want a quick dinner, Tony's isn't the place for you. If you want to savor the full and absolutely perfect dining experience, there isn't a place like it in St. Louis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceBillsDined on 6/28/2014I made a note in the Comments section when booking my reservation that we would be celebrating a birthday and anniversary, and that we'd prefer menus without prices if available. Upon arrival, everyone from the captain to the busboys, including Mr. Bommarito himself, wished us happy birthday and happy anniversary. The thing about Tony's service is it's not only great, but they make it look easy. It's always a pleasure.Special Features:
- A perfect dining experienceeepsersDined on 6/28/2014Tony's knows how to pamper guests. Some servers have been at Tony's for thirty years, and are incredibly good at what they do-- serve, and often prepare tableside, tasty, carefully chosen dishes with complex, subtle seasonings/sauces. The scallop appetizer is to die for! Seared to perfection, they are topped with a tarragon cream sauce, rich and light at the same time. Menu includes many seafood options, and my husband's grouper was super! Serving sizes are generous, and my appetizer risotto was creamy and flavorful. End with zabaglione--perfection in a dish! It is hard not to overuse perfect in this review. The tone is set by the owner. Attention to detail, in food preparation and service, is what makes Tony's unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic in the finest sense.VeeVeeDined on 6/27/2014In a world where excellence has gone by the wayside too often and too quickly, you can have faith that Tony's is still the classic fine dining experience it always was. I ordered my favorite dish from there, Lobster Albanello, and it was as delectable as ever. My dining partner ordered the lamb and found it excellent. Quiet, romantic, lovely evening.Special Features:
- MarineDined on 6/26/2014My first time at Tonys It was just fantastic great food great service I do not see how it could be any better Tonys is outstanding in every waySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.