Tony's On Main
132 N Main St
Saint Charles, MO 63301Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Tony's On Main
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://tonysonmain.com/
- Phone: 6365782978
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
Friday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Jon Elfen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our Banquet room holds anywhere from 20-50 people. The banquet room holds many venues, from baby showers, corporate dinners and rehearsal dinners. You choose your own menu and deal with the banquet coordinator who tends to your every need to make your dinner memorable
- Private Party Contact: Ann Walters 6365782978
- Entertainment: We have live entertainment in the restaurant on Saturday nights. Upstairs we offer music for all ages. We have acoustic music and bands that will play to the crowd and keep you coming back for more. Tony"s on Main Street understands their customers needs for music and delivers.
- Cross Street: Riverside
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: We have parking on the street in front of Tony"s as well as private and public behind the restaurant with a back entrance for those who park in back. On the weekends we suggest to people to use the court house parking garage, there is no cost to you and it is covered and across the street from our restaurant
A word from Tony's On Main
Tony's on Main Street is a family owned and operated Restaurant and Bar. We have two levels. The first level is a bar, restaurant and banquet room. This floor also offers a lunch buffet from 11 a.m. til 1:30 p.m. tuesday thru friday. Upstairs which was open in 2009 offers the same menu as downstairs, however is more of a bar atmosphere. We host surprise birthday parties in the game room and it boosts the only second story deck which overlooks main street. You can have dinner downstairs and come upstairs via our elevator and have after dinner beverages upstairs watching people enjoy a stroll on main street. Come enjoy our famous white chicken nachos or garlic shrimp, have a glass of wine and for dinner you must try our hand cut house tenderloin.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Tony's On Main - Best Restaurants in St. Charles ›
Tony's On Main reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (28)special occasion (25)good for groups (20)romantic (17)fit for foodies (13)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (5)notable wine list (5)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- A St.Charles gemgood2knowDined on 10/10/2014We've eaten at Tony's on Main several times and have never been disappointed. Always great service, outstanding food and lovely atmosphere. Has a little something for everyone on their menu.Special Features:
- Very nice experience.OutdiningwithfriendsDined on 10/9/2014This is a wonderful place to dine. Very romantic atmosphere so perfect for a date. Food is fantastic and service was excellent. Recommend making a reservation ahead of time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Food in STL !!!BeekatDined on 10/4/2014This is my favorite of all St Louis Italian restaurants. Food was fabulous and service exceptional. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A disappointmentgreyhoundVIPDined on 9/26/2014My wife and I were looking forward to a nice dinner out, but this was not the place. Service was good. Everything else was only fair. Ravioli was overly cooked--almost burned. Steak had no flavor or taste. Won't visit this place again.
- Nice place!Dinner44Dined on 9/24/2014We were looking for a local kinda place and Tony's is just that . . . good food in an old-time building that adds nice character. Our service was very good thanks to Whitney our server . . . very friendly with nice suggestions! Definitely give it a try!Special Features:
- Nice PlacesebrmiDined on 9/18/2014Food was very good. Nice atmosphere, but the service was slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Buffet Lunch or Steak DinnerDeweyDined on 9/17/2014On Main Street in Old St. Charles, Tony's on Main is a favorite for our office at lunch. Fantastic buffet that is always fresh, homemade and varied at a steal of a price. At dinner, the steaks are outstanding and the ambience takes you back in time. Friendly, helpful service in the heart of historical St. Charles right on the river, the place is a must try!Special Features:
- KEZKMODined on 9/9/2014I had not been in Tony's on Main in at least 10 years, but was considering bringing a group there for a lunch meeting. On walking in, a young lady at the hostess stand was loudly telling everyone to just go ahead in. I told her I had a reservation for 2, she checked a list, asked if I was "Kay" and told me to go find a seat. There were about 12 diners, all seniors, present at noon. Service was casual, but acceptable, no mention of the $8.99 buffet in another room, the menu lunch we ordered was enough for a family of 4 and very good. As at another restaurant visited last month, no one offerred me the 100 points from Open Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining Experience!WonderfulDined on 8/31/2014My waitress (Amy) was phenomenal!!!!! The food was equally as good. I cannot wait to return.....the price was plus too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BiffDined on 8/30/2014Have dined at Tony's many times and it used to be a regular stop for us. Several instances of bad service have kept us away however the food has always been very good. On this occasion we had a reservation and had to wait 10 minutes after arriving on time for our table. Waiting was fine but waiting in the smoking bar area was just a little frustrating as we are non-smokers. Also the restaurant has lost some of its appeal as it needs updating. The service and food on this visit were both good.
- Can't go wrong..luv4wineDined on 8/28/2014This was my 3 visit to Tony's on Main street..I might 5 girlfriends for a 60th bday dinner, everything was delicious, the house Cab, the chicken Nachos, the BBQ Pizza, Chocolate Martini...Everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and food have fallen off.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014This was not the first time we have been there. They were out of several entrees. I ordered a ribeye steak and it was the worst one I have ever gotten. I told the Waitress (Amber). She said she was sorry and walked away. My wife's steak was not cooked to her order. It seemed to take a very long time to get our bill. We waited over 10 minutes to get the credit card receipt to sign. Then they couldn't wait to get rid of us. We went to Tony's on Main because it was special. NOT THIS NIGHT!Special Features:
- Very nice dinnerGoRedsDined on 8/22/2014We were a party of 3, eating dinner on a Friday evening. The only slight drawback was that even though we had reservations, we still had to wait a bit for a table. However, the place was packed and it was understandable. We ordered a bottle of chianti, and for the price I will say I was extremely impressed. Our food was very good. The entrees did take a bit to come out, but again this was understandable given how busy they were. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Emily our server did a great job, and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took my management staff to dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014The food was great. A couple of out of town guests went with us and they enjoyed the food as well. Overall a hit with my team.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentCinCDined on 8/13/2014Tony's on Main is our favorite place to eat in Old Town St. Charles. The food and service is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but pretty loudbusinessdinerDined on 8/13/2014We have been to Tony's on Main several times and you can always count on the food being very good. This time it seemed to be quite a bit louder inside than I ever remember. Normally I can understand conversations quite well (hearing impaired) when we dine there, this time it was very difficult to follow due to the noise level.Special Features:
- Superb foodDsdiningNotesDined on 8/10/2014Been to Tony's several times and never disappointed.Special Features:
- Poor FoodDrJSTLDined on 8/3/2014What a disappointment! We had high hopes based upon the reviews we read. We were wrong. The salad had so much dressing it was like soup. I ordered garlic shrimp & steak. I got cold shrimp standing up slathered in some disgusting white garlic (I think) sauce - the sauce was the most disgusting thing I have ever tasted. The steak had bone chips in it. I had ordered rice for a side and got reheated Uncle Ben's wild rice that was served cold. Overall, highly disappointed. I did report this to the manager that evening - Ann.
- BillDined on 7/29/2014Our only complaint was that even with a reservation we waited 15 min for our table. When we left and I checked email there was an email saying my reservation had been canceled. Not sure what happened with that.Special Features:
- Wedding AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/29/2014The food as usual was excellent - steak & chicken combo and pork medallions. They did not have the draft beer that I wanted. The waitress did not know what to recommend. She needed more training. The room became stuffy near the end of the meal. The saving grace was the quality of the food and the timely manner in which it was served.Special Features:
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Our waiter was very attentive and helpful. He was pleasant without being overbearing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Got tenderloin?BussDined on 7/18/2014My wife and I went there for our anniversary. We got the Beef Modiga and Steak Anthony, both were fantastic! I recommend the Modiga, the lightly breaded grilled beef covered with a lemon cream sauce and provel cheese was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of the way Gem!SteveDined on 7/18/2014Excellent steaks! Took friends there for dinner. Everyone loved the place--food. We (and they) will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacesteakfreakDined on 7/6/2014Tony's has always been a favorite. The food is excellent at a very reasonable price (a lot lot less than most high end steak places). The steaks have always been perfect. Fork tender and cooked perfect every time. The flavor is great (steak butter is the best in st louis). Appetizers are always great. Cannot say anything negative about Tony's except I wish it was closer to my house.Special Features:
- The Best of St. CharlesArtBDined on 7/6/2014Of all the places I have been in St Charles this is the best one. Besides they have coupons all the time
- Very nice very pleasant2nokidsDined on 6/27/2014We just wanted a good meal in a nice setting. Just perfect for the two of us to dine away from the kids.Special Features:
- The following 221 reviews are from the Tony's On Main reviews archive.
- Tony's on Main StreetspecialoccasionDined on 6/22/2014We made our reservation through Open Table. When we arrived, Tony's had no record of our reservation. Fortunately, it was a Sunday evening and they had plenty of open tables. We both ordered the House Tenderloin filet mignon cooked Pittsburg - my wife's rare and mine medium rare - as we always do at Tony's. They were not cooked Pittsburg style - did not have that seared flavor/taste, and my steak was more on the rare side than medium rare. I had to send it back to get it the way I had ordered it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KathyDined on 6/17/2014Was meeting out of town company for lunch. Tony's was a great spot. The lunch buffet was great for everyone. We had time to sit and visit. We weren't rushed out and our server was there to refill our drinks quickly. LOVE the food. We enjoy eating here and will be back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointing birthday dinnerWillTipWell4GoodServiceDined on 6/13/2014Normally an excellent choice for a great meal on Main St, even though ambiance is chaotic & decor very worn & outdated. Service was poor & waiter very disengaged & forgot many things (never check on our entrees). My steak was raw and waiter couldn't be found. He finally came by over 30+ minutes after entrees arrived & we were over poor service/meal, he flippantly asks "you want dessert?" We were an early table in a slow section AND he knew it was my wife's birthday! Sad thing is that as a former waiter, we always overtip even for average service & our waiter definitely lost extra income he could've easily earned with just a little effort. We will probably try Tony's again but we'd definitely ask to be sat in someone else's section.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingHarleyDined on 6/12/2014We had a great time at Tony's. The food was great and the waitress was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak was goodSunshineVIPDined on 5/31/2014My fiancé and I went to Tony's on Main. He enjoyed his steak; it was very tender and juicy. I had chicken dish which was very good. Our baked potatoes weren't baked through so we informed the water. He brought us scalloped potatoes which were tasty but still not as soft as they could have been. I was expecting the restaurant to be a bit nicer but it was OK. We may go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- College Graduation DinnerBrowndukeentDined on 5/25/2014The Management and Staff were excellent. I booked the reservation and it was near their closing time. They allowed our stay long after closing and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!Jmv55Dined on 5/25/2014The food was great. Their potatoes au gratin are really good. Had Hanna's combo, and it was delicious. Their salad could use some improvement. My only complaint-it was really cold!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the $$ anymore.monana03Dined on 5/23/2014Went for our anniversary, we were greeted by our server who seemed like a Valley Girl, remember them? My husband ordered a scotch on the rocks, the server asked, "short or tall?" I said,"short or tall, for a scotch on the rocks?" She said, "Oh I don't know...." I asked about the wine, she wasn't sure about that either. She leaned on our table like she was exhausted while taking our order. We had a coupon with us and the menu requested that it be given before ordering, she told us to hold on to it because she loses them all the time. The jumbo shrimp in my Franks Combo were anything but and wasn't worth $28, my husbands steak wasn't worth $23. Tony's is too expensive for what you get, won't be going back and we used to go all the time.Special Features:
- No SurpriseJekeDined on 5/20/2014We used to frequent Tony's on Main for dinner some years ago and were never disappointed. This visit was no exception as the service was attentive (even though all dining tables were full), food was exceptional and the overall experience was enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014The food was fine. But the service was horrible. I know it was Mothers Day but it was super slow. We didn't get our food for 11/2 hours!
- The food was outstanding!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014I will definitely come back! Everything was delicious and the atmosphere was great for our occasion or any occasion! It's my new favorite spot!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurant!!AndreaDined on 5/11/2014My favorite place for a steak dinner! (My husband said their ribs are awesome too.) They top their filet mignon with their house steak butter (which is to die for good) and I have yet to get one steak that isn't cooked perfectly the first time. The food is always very hot when they bring it to the table. Their garlic mashed potatoes are very yummy and they give you a big helping of them...so much that I end up bringing half of them home. Salads are great (I believe it's the sweet Italian dressing that I get and it's wonderful). They are very popular so make sure to get a reservation if going on a weekend night.Special Features:
- 40th BirthdayQBeardDined on 5/10/2014My boyfriends 40th birthday was awesome. I took him there for a steak he would never forget and he absolutely loved it. Thank you Tony's on Main Street for giving him the best dinner of his life.Special Features: