Tony's Italian Ristorante
16 W. Beck St
Columbus, OH 43215Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Tony's Italian Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tonysitalian.net/
- Phone: 6142248669
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Tony Stanley
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Catering: Tony's also has a group carryout lunch menu that serves six or more people. The group menu is ideal for meetings, conferences, training seminars, corporate parties, special events, holiday gatherings, birthdays, promotions, farewell parties, office lunches or anytime you group wants a freshly prepared Italian meal!
A word from Tony's Italian Ristorante
Tony and his staff invite you to come in and experience their high quality, yet reasonably priced food. You will enjoy a superb Italian meal prepared using only the finest ingredients. This includes our signature homemade pastas and hand-cut fresh meats. You will discover a taste difference unique to Tony's Ristorante.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tony's Italian Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (5)romantic (4)neighborhood gem (4)good for groups (2)notable wine list (2)late-night find (2)fit for foodies (1)great for lunch (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Very good, reliableajaxVIPDined on 9/22/2014Reliably very good food and service. We shared a delicious sliced orange with basil, pepper, and olive oil appetizer. One had excellent wedding soup. I had a small mediocre house salad better suited to a diner. Chicken Rotallini and Sautéed Trout were both very good. Service was very good. We love the atmosphere at Tony's.Special Features:
- Classic ItalianJiffydogDined on 8/30/2014Celebrating our anniversary, we considered a number of new trendy restaurants to try, but when we saw a listing for Tony's, we remembered how much we enjoyed our last dinner there and decided to go back. We weren't disappointed. The food was plentiful and absolutely delicious with classic, bold flavors and the setting was just right for the occasion. Service was a tiny bit rushed, with the server spread a bit too thin between tables, but overall a wonderful night out. Bonus: The cost was about 2/3 of that of the new, trendy restaurants we were considering!Special Features:
- should have sent it back.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Blackened walleye? I've been served worst dishes but I can't remember where or when. About two spoons of overcooked tastless fish. Very disappointing. I know walleye and I know blackened. Wife had veal. Average at best. I would not recommend this establishment to anyone until I try it again. Maybe it was an off night. Labor day weekend. There must be something good about the food as many friends have been talking about Tony's and really like it. Will try again soon. I hope it was just a fluke as the building and interior are very nice. Nice wines at reasonable numbers.Special Features:
- Wonderful.JCCOMPOZDined on 8/4/2014Perfect for our anniversary! And a great place for other celebrations and special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ColsDinerDined on 7/12/2014Always great to be greeted by Tony as you enter. Consistently a good choice for dinner. Free parking.
- Girlfriends BirthdayBirthdayDined on 6/14/2014I loved the food and the service was good, but dining outside was not great due to all the traffic and people walking by being loud. I would eat inside if I went again. Would say that the food is overpriced for the small amount you get. Good place but wouldn't repeat.Special Features:
- The following 65 reviews are from the Tony's Italian Ristorante reviews archive.
- Social faux pasKarenDined on 6/14/2014I have been to Tony's a few times in the past ten years and have enjoyed great food and service. This most recent visit was disappointing. My friend accidentally spilled a full glass of wine. The wine fell onto my portion of the table and soaked the table cloth, including the overhanging material. The owner or manager on duty put a napkin on top of the spill and expected me to finish my meal. Fortunately, one of the gentlemen in our party said we needed a new table. There were a number of free tables and we were there before the busy dinner time, so table availability was not an issue.
- Best Homemade Pasta in the City!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/22/2014Most "Italian" restaurants in Columbus think that pasta comes in a box and you boil it in water. These people really know pasta! Marinara sauce is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobertOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Tony's is still as great as it has always been. I love the food and the quiet atmosphere. Thanks againSpecial Features:
- A little below averageWendyVIPDined on 5/10/2014We tried this for a birthday dinner while visiting Columbus. We were charmed by the building and the interior ambiance however the better part of our experience ended there. Nothing was to die for. Salads were overdressed, Caprese was fine but lacked flavor, the chicken parmesan, which our waiter said was "pounded thin" was not thin, and the walleye, which was a special, was overcooked. Our waiter was friendly but seemed new. He had no idea what type of fish Walleye was and had to go and ask. They also have, as the waiter let us know, "fake" coke. They do not have Coca Cola products, but something else that tasted particularly lame - enough to ask for water instead. We really wanted to like it, but it just wasn't yummy.
- first timefirsttimerDined on 4/29/2014home made pasta which is refreshing. But small portions and douced in sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian gemJBItalianDined on 4/22/2014Tony's Italian Ristorante was excellent. I brought some out-of-town colleagues and we enjoyed it. The service was fantasatic, and the food was excellent. Ambiance was relaxing. Nothing more to say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinningjlbrownohDined on 4/4/2014Great Italian food with great service. Courses were properly spaced between. No rushing. Very, very pleasant evening.Special Features:
- We have eaten at Tony's numerousHattieVIPDined on 4/4/2014We have eaten at Tony's numerous times over the years. We have always enjoyed their homemade pastas. However, the white sauce had the distinct taste of the flour in it. The flour wasn't whisked into the liquid mixture well enough. Being an Italian restaurant you would think that the wine selection would be larger. When ordering a sauvignon blanc I was limited to choices I had. Having said all of this, the price for an authentic Italian meal was very affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good stuffOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2014A little pricey in my view, but the seafood Alfredo was exquisite and the service outstanding, little late to seat our reservation, but not unreasonable. Most of my party felt the food was just average, and that we could've gotten comparable food at a lower price at Olive Garden.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicious, andEasterbunny46VIPDined on 3/29/2014The food was delicious, and the service was friendly and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food with good friendsHungrybunch4Dined on 3/28/2014The lasagna & Tony's fettuccini was delicious! Wish you had oil & herbs for the house bread. Nice atmosphere with great service. Will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Excellent and hearty Italian!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/22/2014Come hungry for the excellent and hearty Italian dishes. Generous servings and lovely warm bread with herb butter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining before CATCO playcolsisno1Dined on 3/21/2014Early Saturday evening we were seated immediately. All four were served with very tasty meals presented well. Drinks were excellent , staff attentive, and they made sure we were welcome and appreciated. Prices are right for a quality restaurant. We had a great experience and recommend it highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tony does it wellSkvestDined on 3/11/2014Celebrating our anniversary. Great food, great service and the owner stops by the table, what more could you ask for? Don't miss the sausage and peppers appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Faulty advertisingDisappointingVIPDined on 3/10/2014Menu advertised online is not current (prices, or anything Tony's offers is NOT what you will see when you arrive at the restaurant) When I arrived I told the man at the front I had made a reservation and gave him my name. He didn't bother to check & then said he would seat me after "as I was waiting on one more". I replied that it was just me (it wouldn't have taken him a minute to look at rez book) When I inquired about the menu being different because I had my eyes set on a dish I didn't see, he told me he could make me the pasta dish I wanted (although didn't bother to ask which one I was referring to) & got it wrong. He walked away before asking me whether I wanted soup/salad & placed an order even though I had told my waitress soup.
- probably won't returnvyletDined on 2/28/2014Didn't look or taste very Italian to either of us....he 's from Rome and I'm from NY We've had lots of authentic Italian cuisine in both places and this place just didn't fare well in our opinion
- Missed ConnectionsMystiqueDined on 2/26/2014I was to meet a friend from out of town, for dinner and a chat, however they were delayed. I waited at the bar and enjoyed a glass of wine, with the friendly people there. The lovely lady sitting at the bar was served a bowl of the Italian Wedding Soup, it looked delicious and she was enjoying to the point of inspiring me to stay for dinner. I called a friend living close by and invited them to pop over for a bite. Within 30 minutes we were enjoying the escargot, the soup, the caparese and the salmon and sauteed spinach... oh my the best. The delightful layers of flavor and texture, perfect. I highly recommend sharing a meal here at Tony's with family or a friend.Special Features:
- Everyone in our partyof 4momof4Dined on 2/22/2014Everyone in our partyof 4 enjoyed their meals - no small feat with 2 picky teenagers! And the service was fine, albeit somewhat rushed. I would definitely go back - it was a pleasant and relaxed meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must go to in ColumbusSnacDined on 2/18/2014Very good food, ambiance and very attentive service.Special Features:
- 25th Valentine's Dinner25ValentinesDined on 2/15/2014Since 1985, Tony's has always been my favorite restaurant. In celebration of our 25th Valentines together, my husband knew exactly where to take me, Tony's. The food was excellent and our server Samantha was Great! We had the Meat and Cheese Antipasta, Caesar Salad, Tony's Own Fettuccini, and Veal Saltimbocca, which we both rate 5 stars!! We would highly recommend anyone who has not experienced Tony's to do so...soon! We look forward to our next special dining experience at Tony's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious old world ItalianwineNdineDined on 2/15/2014We enjoyed an excellent meal and good service, with plenty of food to satisfy my college age son and delicious options to please a gluten-free requirement. One meal was a filet mignon + shrimp pizzialo that came out prepared as a beef special (sans shrimp) but the restaurant was happy to bring shrimp scampi on the side. The other two meals were perfectly prepared alfredo and veal saltimbocca. We will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines DayDKWcfdDined on 2/14/2014I went hear on valentines day and had a great dinning experience. It had been a while since I was here but I intend to go more frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentPlpmurdogDined on 2/7/2014Excellent meal in a romantic atmosphere at reasonable prices. I would recommend the Veal Calabrese, Tony's Fettucine, house salad, house bread and tiramisu. Be careful with the appetizers, as the shrimp scampi appetizer was very small---it would have been small for one person, let alone two people. All in all, a very good fine dining experience. We will return!Special Features:
- We love Tony's and made aGranvilleResidentDined on 2/1/2014We love Tony's and made a trip back from Granville to Downtown Columbus for a special dinner at one of our old favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good old school Italian foodGuidoVIPDined on 2/1/2014Tony's is a neighborhood gem that serves old school Italian fare. Great place to each once a month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still hungrystillhungryDined on 12/31/2013I'll start with the positive: The restaraunt was very small and quiet Very nice place to eat. Minimal noise. Our waitress was very friendly with prompt service. Now for the not so good. Do not go to this restaraunt hungry! You will also leave hungry! I could not believe how small the portions were. I realize I probably eat more than most people, and I wasn't expecting all you can eat salad and breadsticks, but c'mon already. The portions are miniscule! I just couldnt believe they would serve portions that small and still call it 'dinner.' I had shrimp and scallops and my girlfriend had the salmon. When the plates arrived I was waiting for the camera crew to come out and tell me I was on a hidden camera show! I won't be back.Special Features:
- Menu presents typical ItalianHotspurDined on 12/31/2013Menu presents typical Italian fare. Good tasting and nice presentation. Dessert is outstanding, particularly the Tiramisu and cannoli.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseWalkerunDined on 12/19/2013We don't eat in town often, but having scheduled a night at the theater, we decided to include a meal before the show. Tony's was a choice driven by a coupon book, and turned out to be a pleasant surprise. The menu is fantastic, offering a nice selection. Execution of the meal was great. In spite of it being a busy evening, our waitress was right on top of things. The restaurant has a homey feel, clean, and comfortable. Overall, it was a delightful eveing out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experiencePhilDined on 12/19/2013We were immediately struck by the understated Mediterranean ambiance. The menu is expansive. The food is superb. The service was just average, because the server didn't pay enough attention to our table. When our server was there, however, she was bright, friendly, knowledgeable and attentive to our needs. Highly recommend Tony's for a terrific dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceSatisfieddinerDined on 12/17/2013We had a party of 4 for a holiday dinner. We were seated promptly and the waitress was very nice. She was fairly new but very efficient. Tony actually came by the table as well. We were able to have the great conversation we were looking for as the noise was very management to speak over. The restaurant was full , so this was great. The food was enjoyable and it he deserts topped off a very good meal.Special Features:
- Good place for a dinner datePickleJarDined on 12/14/2013We had a very nice time. The food was good and the service was friendly. We will probably go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant, cozy, romanticredheadDined on 11/23/2013Great for a date night or a family visiting their OSU Student. Good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite!NuggetDined on 11/23/2013We were so pleasantly surprised with our experience! My husband and I enjoyed wonderfully prepared food, excellently attentive service and an ambience that was good for conversation. Tony's is definitely one of our new favorite "go to" restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Food - Pleasant AtmosphereWilburDined on 11/22/2013Tony's Italian Restaurant is a great place to eat. The food selection is great and tasty. Service is very attentive. And the atmosphere is calm, relaxing and enjoyable. Great place for lunch, brunch or an evening outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.