Tony's Di Napoli - Midtown
147 West 43rd Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Tony's Di Napoli - Midtown
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tonysnyc.com/
- Phone: 2122210100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday-Monday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer our special catering plan prices for groups who want us to bring the party to you. Perfect for office parties, birthdays, holidays or other special occasions.
A word from Tony's Di Napoli - Midtown
Tony's has served up some of the best old NY Italian favorites. Our cooking comes from Southern Neapolitan traditions and served up in huge family style platters that serve 2 to 3 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tony's Di Napoli - Midtown reviews from OpenTable diners
725 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (534)special occasion (261)fit for foodies (247)neighborhood gem (243)kid-friendly (238)great for lunch (181)hot spot (138)late-night find (86)notable wine list (74)vibrant bar scene (69)romantic (52)great for brunch (27)great for outdoor dining (11)scenic view (4)Show More
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Shocked to find such fantastic food and service at such a great price so close to Time Square (where most things are over priced and touristy). The mixed seafood with linguine was exceptional. Some of the best I've ever had! My husband loved his spaghetti and meatballs, too. Our waitress was helpful and so energetic, she refilled my water before I knew I needed more and did so without even being noticed. Management was on top of everything, too. Perfect!
- After theater treatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014My cousins and I go into NYC, for theater. We look forward to a wonderful meal at Tony D's. We are never disappointed. Besides the food(always like to try different dishes, never disappointed), the service is impeccable! We are treated like welcomed family. We especially look forward to a table visit from Ciro, one of the managers. We chat about the show we saw. He makes us feel special and that he truly enjoys seeing us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014Our daughters and granddaughter met us at Tony's for a three birthday celebration. Granny, Daughter and Granddaughter have birthdays within two weeks of each other. We came down from New Hampshire. Our daughters used to live in NYC and asked that we meet up at Tony's, their favorite lunch spot. We got a nice table at the back and the 4 year old was able to bounce around and under it without disturbing other diners. The waitress was wonderful and the food was amazing. The zucchini chips are to die for and I normally don't like zuccini! We had lots of leftovers and a wonderful time.Special Features:
- GREAT!JuiceyDined on 9/26/2014I came with a few friends from work, it was a co-workers birthday celebration, had a great time.Special Features:
- CJKKDined on 9/24/2014I LOVE TONY D'S. IT IS THE BEST, FOOD, WAITERS JUST EVERYTHINGSpecial Features:
- Fantastic chicken parm, as always!TriciaBDined on 9/23/2014Tony's chicken parm is untouchable by any other restaurant I've been to. On this particular day it was a bit on the sweet side, but that's very unusual. I still ate it and I'm confident that it'll have that familiar delicious "tang" the next time I go. The service is usually outstanding as well, but on this particular visit the guy seemed distracted and depressed...like he'd rather be anywhere else except waiting on tables on Tony's. Again very unusual to have sub-par service, so I'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- Don't hesitateJWTKDined on 9/22/2014Food, service, and atmosphere met our expectations. Very nice. I would not hesitate to make a reservation and dine here anytime I visit NYC.Special Features:
- Good Italianya67Dined on 9/22/2014Good Italian food , nice place for large group. Generous portions and good drinks ! We been in Italy and the food was close enough to real Italian cookingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A winnerMargiepoo2002Dined on 9/21/2014I have been a frequent patron of Tony's, and it never disappoints. Whenever I have someone in town visiting or seeing a show, Tony's is my go to because it's a winner time and time again. Love it!Special Features:
- A Beautiful finish to our eveningirishroverDined on 9/21/2014had dinner after seeing Carole King Beautiful. restaurant right across street handle large rush right after show with amazing ease. accommodated our request for upstairs seating even though we were 15 minutes late. Real solid family style meals great service we will keep coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food & ServiceTableTalksVIPDined on 9/20/2014The food was amazing and Dimitrios provided impeccable service!Special Features:
- Great FoodBoys2MomDined on 9/20/2014Really enjoyed our meal. Table was ready almost immediately in a very crowded restaurant. Food was better than what we ate the night before in Little Italy. We were seated downstairs and it was extremely noisy, with several tables celebrating birthdays and bachelorette parties. Not the place for a romantic meal.Special Features:
- Times Square MustEydieleighDined on 9/20/2014We hit Tony's whenever we are in NYC. Always consistent food and service. We have been a group of 2 and a group of 6.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014The veal parm we ordered was precooked & heated for us. Could have got the same at a pizza restaurant. Same with the caesar salad.
- Consistently greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014As always, a great meal with a great waitress, Robin!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!JohnsonDined on 9/20/2014We make it a point to visit Tony's every time we come to NY City. Excellent food and service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As loud and fantastic as usual!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2014Great food, great drinks and great service as usual. Tony's is a favorite of ours and never disappoints. If you're looking for a quiet night out this may not be the place for you as the building acoustics make this a very loud dinner experience and lot's of tables have big groups at them. If that doesn't bother you and you want consistently good food and excellent service to enjoy with your friends/family, then this place cannot be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded my expectationNCMikeVIPDined on 9/19/2014My wife and I wanted to meet our nephew who live in the NYC area for dinner while we were in town, and were seeking a casual atmosphere with great food. Tony's Di Napoli's did not disappoint. Beginning with their staff going out of their way to accommodate my reservation, Tony's impressed me every step of the way. Though the restaurant was jamming, we waited only a couple of minutes to be seated. Out waiter was awesome, and the food could not have been better. The taste and portions well exceed my expectations. I also highly recommend the sangria for those who like a sweeter wine. I will definitely visit Tony's Di Napoli's every time I visit the city in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HANDMGVIPDined on 9/19/2014very good food, beautifully served, in a non hurried pace. Noise was loud but expected in this type of restauarant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If only we'd known earlier...DwightefryeDined on 9/17/2014We went to Tony's after going to see Beautiful - the Carole King musical at the theatre opposite. What a wonderful experience! The welcome was warm and friendly, the atmosphere was really buzzy and the food was fantastic! What a shame this was the last night of our trip to New York, we would certainly have eaten at Tony's more had we known how good it was. Go, and take an appetite or a partner or two to help you with the food...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a treatbarryVIPDined on 9/17/2014the food and service at tonys is exquisite. if you compare the quality here compared to restaurant row, you will always come back to tonysSpecial Features:
- Amazing dinnerLindaVIPDined on 9/17/2014We have dined several times, but this visit was extra delicious. Two days later we are still congratulating ourselves on our menu selections and enjoying our take-home dinner. See you again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of BroadwaySummerlvrDined on 9/16/2014We were looking for a good restaurant in the Theatre District and were thrilled to find Tony's DiNapoli! Our waitress skillfully and pleasantly helped us navigate the family style portions in this gem of a restaurant. Everything she suggested from wine to main course and size of portions was totally accurate. One of the best waitresses and meals I have ever had! If you go, try the Ravioli Bolognese! Incredible!Special Features:
- Tony's is Amazing!KCassDined on 9/16/2014Tony's Di Napoli never disappoints. The best restaurant in Manhattan. Great food, great service and the management team is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NickVIPDined on 9/16/2014Another superb meal at Tony's Di Napoli. Veal Saltimbocca was simply fantastic. Our waitress Patricia was very attentive to our needs and explained several dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family StyleAnimmerDined on 9/15/2014Delicious! Loved the family style. Best chicken parm ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great VisitpersonalDined on 9/15/2014Our server was friendly and the food was fantastic as always. We enjoyed taking our friends in town from Panama here. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Italian!!jdbjrDined on 9/14/2014Old fashioned Italian atmosphere and décor added up to a marvelous last night in NYC! Wait staff is attentive but unobtrusive. Food was delicious. Bowtie pasta w/prosciutto and peas in a cream sauce and Penne Di Napoli, fabulous Italian red sauce with lots of mozzarella. Plates are more than enough for 2 or 3. We had the Tri Color salad and 2 plates for the 2 of us and were stuffed!! Desserts (didn't have room) looked outstanding. Prices very much in line with NYC for an upper end dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HANDICAPPED SEATINGOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/14/2014WHEN I MADE RESERVATION I PUT IN THAT THERE WAS A ELECTRIC SCOOTER SO I NEEDED ROOM FOR THAT I DON'T THINK IT WAS NOTICE ON THE RESERVATION WE HAD TO WAIT A LITTLE LONGER FOR A TABLE NOT LONG BUT ........... THE STAFF WAS EXCELENTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit the BillEddieSpaghettiDined on 9/14/2014We needed a good lunch place prior to theatre. It's important because it will set the tone for the rest of the theatre day as well. Tonys was perfect. Near to Times Square , very good food. Very good service. We had wanted to go to Carmine's, but they were full. Well I would go here first next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014The food was excellent we have back a few times. Always before we go see a playSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time to NyScottsreviewsDined on 9/13/2014So, my first time into NY and my first dinner in NY was at Tony's. My wife and did the whole Tripadvisor thing and Tony's was our choice. We had a great time and the food was delicious. We wanted our pasta prepared in a method that was not on the menu and they obliged.Special Features:
- Delish!IdaDiNapoliDined on 9/13/2014They seated us before our 8:30 appt., which was great! The restaurant was crowded and noisy, but the food was delicious! We ordered calamari, clams oreganato (fabulous), their special - Bronzino, and steak pizzaiola. Their desserts were great, but the New York Cheesecake tasted like Italian Cheesecake. I couldn't tell the difference. I would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian Family Restaurantchris12345Dined on 9/13/2014I have had so many outstanding meals at Tony's I cannot count them. Every time I am in NYC and go to the theatre I dine at Tony's. It really is like family. I love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday weekendkimba1910Dined on 9/13/2014My husband, myself and another couple visited NYC for my 50th birthday weekend, we had made reservations at Tony's and it didn't disappoint, service and food where excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014I have been going here for 5 years now and have always had the same experience...good food, good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for sharingRTMreunionDined on 9/12/2014I love eating different dishes and everything is always delicious at Tony's! Service was great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KooklaMomDined on 9/12/2014Ate at Tony's at the height of pre-theater dining time (6:00pm on a Friday night). My brother was in town from CA and had tickets to a Broadway show. Not being a frequent pre-theater diner, I assumed that the waiter at this theater district restaurant knew that we had to make an 8:00 show, in my mind, I never thought we had to mention it. Our meal became rushed and stressful; he clearly did not assume that we were going to the theater and let 20 minutes lapse between courses. Being a theater district restaurant, I would highly suggest that each waiter be taught to ask, right up front, if the party they are serving is attending a Broadway show so that they clearly understand the required dining schedule.Special Features:
- Outstanding FoodBldyFy9Dined on 9/11/2014Incredible flavors and matching service. Better with 4 or more people so you can enjoy multiple dishes. Each dish feeds at least two. We ordered two entrees in order to try a couple of dishes. We had plenty left over. Would have been great to order 3 to 5 dishes with a group of 8-10 people. Ask for Balsamic and Olive oil to accompany your bread.Special Features:
- Great Pre-theatre restaurant!nycfoodieVIPDined on 9/11/2014Awesome Italian pre-theatre restaurant. Everything is served family style and the portions are huge! The food is great and the service will get you in and out in a jiffy to make your show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.