Tony's Di Napoli - Midtown
147 West 43rd Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Tony's Di Napoli - Midtown
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tonysnyc.com/
- Phone: 2122210100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday-Monday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer our special catering plan prices for groups who want us to bring the party to you. Perfect for office parties, birthdays, holidays or other special occasions.
A word from Tony's Di Napoli - Midtown
Tony's has served up some of the best old NY Italian favorites. Our cooking comes from Southern Neapolitan traditions and served up in huge family style platters that serve 2 to 3 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tony's Di Napoli - Midtown reviews from OpenTable diners
713 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (504)special occasion (257)kid-friendly (232)neighborhood gem (228)fit for foodies (211)great for lunch (181)hot spot (124)late-night find (76)notable wine list (71)vibrant bar scene (60)romantic (49)great for brunch (33)great for outdoor dining (10)scenic view (3)Show More
- Family StyleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/28/2014Food was excellent and generous proportions. When they say family style they mean if you grew up in a large, fun loving, talk too loud family. Food platters had enough for 4 or 5 people. Everyone there was having fun and service was excellent. Don't expect a quiet evening as you really had to talk loud to hear each other over the rest of the crowd. Our table was ready a few minutes before our reservation which was great since they were full with crowd waiting. Leave some extra time if going before a show since they are busySpecial Features:
- Family Style MealsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/27/2014The restaurant becomes noisy when there is a lot of people in the restaurant which is to be expected. Food and service was excellent. Order meatballs which are the size of tennis balls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Favorite!mcollins0920Dined on 8/27/2014Perfect for a night out for 2 or 10, this is one of my favorite places in the city! We were celebrating my husbands birthday and everything was fabulous from the service to the food. Can't wait till our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodlOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/26/2014We brought our young grandchildren and they loved the food and felt very comfortable, great family restaurant. Waitress Kathy was terrific. Food was brought out hot and delicious, Calamari was tender, mussels were delicious and favorite entree was the chicken and shrimp franceseSpecial Features:
- Great pre show choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2014Came before a show. Great service and pasta. Huge proportions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot. Excellent food.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014Loved the chicken Marsala and the fried zucchini appetizer. Great dining experience. Waitstaff friendly and efficient. Will definitely recommend to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, portions and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/25/2014Terrific service, large portions of good food, fair prices. Highly recommend ed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous italian kitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014The food id excelent and the concept of familybsharing is attractive. People are friendly and available at any time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Italian in Times SquareBrettcspDined on 8/24/2014Tony's Di Napoli runs against the current of Times Square Restaurants. It does not cater to tourists - just to serving outstanding Italian Dishes "Family Style". If you are looking for small portions - this is NOT the place to go! The food was outstanding - the Chicken Parm was cooked perfectly with just the right amount of cheese. The Veal Fracaise was incredible - fork tender with perfectly seasoned sauce. The Caesar Salad was prepared table side and was nice and cold. The Tiramisu was light, fluffy and the best! Service was awesome! Our server was attentive, answered our questions and made the dining experience terrific. The atmosphere is loud - what you expect in an Italian Restaurant - where everyone is family.Special Features:
- On travel in NYCsusanismVIPDined on 8/24/2014Family style good food portions large loved calamariSpecial Features:
- Great for any occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Tony's is great for a family dinner or celebrating a special occasion with a large group! Great Food, Great Service Good memories!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedLucianoDined on 8/23/2014I thought this restaurant it would been a tourist trap and it was not. I went there with my Italian family ready to be criticized about the food(since the location was very convenient and close to Times Square I was willing to take the slack) but to my surprise fried calamari and zucchini were great, the pastas very good , and the waiter pretty pleasant considering the "pressure cooker action going on the floor". The hosting staff needs to be more friendly and allow people to sit down while others are in the bathroom. Five people had to wait because two of us were using the facilities and not with the group. Hostess that took us to the table very very unfriendly. But again, overall was good and will go back when in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great midtown spot.be4oraftertheaterDined on 8/23/2014The service was superb. Waiter very helpful and attentive. Food was delicious. We were two couples and both family style entrees (Chicken and eggplant & shrimp marinara with linguine) were plentiful, hot and wonderful. Will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-show diningLindaDined on 8/23/2014The food was good and plentiful, and it worked great for an early dinner before a show. This is a family restaurant and the noise level was quite high, but it was fine for this occasion. It was not the most amazing Italian food in NYC, but we had the penne pasta with vodka mushroom sauce and Italian sausage, and it was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Good for pre-theater. Was recommended by friends...good choiceSpecial Features:
- Great RestrauantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014We have been consistently pleased with the food and service at this place. We also like the décor and have had a drink at the bar. it is a good bang for the buck. Can't wait until we go back. Everybody we bring has always enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & Pricesmallfry0822Dined on 8/23/2014The food is absolutely delicious. We go to Tony's at least 2x a year. It is very affordable considering you get ripped off on everything else in NYC. Louis, a waiter at Tony's, is extraordinary and we try to request him everytime we go. I would not go anyplace else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/23/2014First, exceptional service. Menu provides whatever Italian dish you want. Food is outstanding and plentiful. Wine list is great. This is a fantastic old style Italian restaurant with a trendy buzz.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceIndiminoDined on 8/22/2014Excellent Italian food and atmosphere, very fast service, a little bit noisy.Special Features:
- Great FoodbbunchDined on 8/22/2014Had a wonderful dinner with my family. Being from NYC I knew it is a big tourist attraction but also knew how great the food is. Do not go if you are looking for quite and a place to talk. Noise level is very high!!! Go to EAT!! I look forward to my next dinner here!!!!Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServiceCatwithaCDined on 8/22/2014When going out with a large group, I always recommend Tony's. I like family style serving, you can order lots of things and sample a bit of everything. The food is prepared well and is tasty. Our server was very friendly, came over to the table often and offered a few suggestions that were wonderful. As usual, it was a great night.Special Features:
- Big and loudMayfairdrDined on 8/22/2014Been going to Carmine's for years. Tried Tony's and found that food was better, family sized portions, and less expensive than Carmine's. Bring your ear plugs. Really unhealthy decibel levels though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014loved the caprese salad, food was very good and more than enough to eatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SLOWEST EVERworstnightinNYDined on 8/21/2014If you want the play by play, look at our review on TripAdvisor. It took 90 minutes from the time we ordered til we got our food. Complete disappointment.
- Dinner then a show!LaurawizDined on 8/21/2014Great service and great food at a more than fair price!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great before showsJimmyatcDined on 8/21/2014This was our 2nd time here with some Tony's newbies. Once again, the food and service were fantastic !! I highly endorse Tony's for lunch or dinner. Very reasonable prices for midtown Manhattan too. We will return !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Findbasketlady88Dined on 8/21/2014We had tickets to see a 2P Broadway show & read the reviews on Open Table & decided to try this place for lunch & are ever SO glad we did. First let me say that our reservations were for noon & at 11:45A we were still on a train in North Jersey that was delayed due to track problems. We called the restaurant & explained that we would be late & the hostess said no problem & when we arrived at 12:30, the hostess remembered us & couldn't have been nicer in greeting & seating us. Our server (Steven T) was fabulous...funny & very helpful. The food (clams over pasta in red sauce & penne Bolognese) was absolutely delicious & the ambiance is lovely. We had a wonderful experience & can't wait to tell our friends & return again.Special Features:
- CharlieVIPDined on 8/20/2014Great food and service but just too loud. Difficult to have a conversationI would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/20/2014I love this restaurant. Practically every time I go into NYC I eat there. Fabulous food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, excellent4girlsnightoutDined on 8/20/2014I have been to Tony's on many occasions and have never been disappointed. I am always happy to have chosen - especially when I am the person making the arrangements.Special Features:
- One of my favorite places to dine!BBOYDined on 8/19/2014My family and I have been dining at Tony's for years and just as it always is...absolutely superb! I am writing this and my stomach is growling thinking about how delicious everything is. The wait staff is phenomenal and so accommodating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Authentic Itailian Ever!BDixonDined on 8/18/2014A friend from Long Island recommended Tony's. It was worth going to Times Square square for-It was the best meal I have had in a long time. Out server, Linda was very helpful since there were only 3 of us (and 1 was only 12) and it is a family style , large serving type of place. Calamari was fabulous - tender with fresh marinara. Oh my, the homemade fettuccine was unbelievable and the eggplant and chicken was melt in your mouth good, without being heavy. We were in heaven. I spilled my mixed drink and before I could clean it up, another showed up. Really perfect dining experience. They have a smaller portion menu after 9 pm which was nice. We will come back every time and will recommend to everyone we know. Thank you Tony's and Linda!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for groupsMomo63Dined on 8/18/2014One of my favorite places to eat when I have a large group! Portion are big and food always delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family StylepapersDined on 8/17/2014The family style entrees can feed a large group very easily. The food is excellent as well as the service. All service was top notch! Definitely going back. The price was shockingly low! A real deal for such a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back againTommyKDined on 8/17/2014Came back for our anniversary. The place has great food and good prices. Service is quick and hospitable. Will go back every time we're in NYC!Special Features:
- Good food, friendly staffadamarionDined on 8/17/2014Tony's di Napoli was perfect for our party of four. We ordered one salad, one pasta, one veal dish, and one dessert. The salad of tomato and fresh mozzarella was delicious. The pasta of rigatoni with eggplant and mozzarella was extremely tasty, with a terrific tomato sauce. The veal marsala had a delicious sauce and fabulous, plentiful mushrooms. The dessert of tiramisu was yummy and just right to split four ways. We were pleasantly full, but not overstuffed. The wait staff was very friendly. The only complaint was that it was quite noisy, even though we were seated in the supposedly quieter area downstairs. Nevertheless, we thoroughly enjoyed our meal.Special Features:
- Delicious Italian FoodSSK1978Dined on 8/17/2014This was our 3rd time eating at Tony DiNapoli's and it did not disappoint. The food was delicious and 2 entrees plus a salad easily fed 4 people. The sangria was great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Tony's DiNapolipuddychrisDined on 8/17/2014Whether it is for a family reunion group of over 20, to a table for 2, Tony's is the place to be. From the time you enter, to the time you leave, all employees ensure that your food experience will be memorable, in a good way. Last time we went, it was a table for two. My companion loves Caesar Salad. His request for extra anchovies is met with no problem, however you like it & will make you happy, that is how we are going to do it. They make a Lobster Ravioli that is one of our favorite pasta dishes. It is not on the menu : [ but when they have it, ORDER IT. If you make your reservation via OpenTable, there is a place to add comment, perhaps if you request, they will make. Our shrimp scampi was delicious, as always. GOOD TIMES.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Amazing - Beautiful decorChrisDined on 8/17/2014Great place to enjoy lunch or dinner before or after theatre. I was going to see" Beautiful"(one of the best play we've seen this year) with my two daughters, we ordered the family platter Shrimp Scampy with lenguini and a bountiful house salad, came with a basket of delicious Italian bread. It was more than enough for the 3 of us. The food was simply delicious, tender jumbo shrimps the pasta cooked just right. We enjoyed the salad immensely, fresh, crispy, delicious house dressing. Enjoyed 3 dessert, Italian cheese cake, Tony's classic Sundae, Tony's brownie Sundae. Fast friendly service. We didn't have drinks or coffee the check came out to $83.00. The theatre across the street and parking next door. Can't ask for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014The only complaint that my date had was that the linguini alfredo was"salty". I did not try it, so I do not have an opinion. My date also saiid that the crust on the bread was a bit hard, so she scooped out the dough.Special Features: