Tony's Di Napoli - Midtown
147 West 43rd Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Tony's Di Napoli - Midtown
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tonysnyc.com/
- Phone: (212) 221-0100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday-Monday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer our special catering plan prices for groups who want us to bring the party to you. Perfect for office parties, birthdays, holidays or other special occasions.
A word from Tony's Di Napoli - Midtown
Tony's has served up some of the best old NY Italian favorites. Our cooking comes from Southern Neapolitan traditions and served up in huge family style platters that serve 2 to 3 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tony's Di Napoli - Midtown reviews from OpenTable diners
696 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (528)fit for foodies (266)special occasion (250)neighborhood gem (229)kid-friendly (204)great for lunch (190)hot spot (143)late-night find (86)notable wine list (77)romantic (70)vibrant bar scene (60)great for brunch (29)great for outdoor dining (10)scenic view (4)Show More
- DiNapolis Great FoodMikeLDined on 11/19/2014Although we made our reservation for 4.30, we arrived early and they seated us right away. Clearly a Midtown eatery, it quickly filled up between 5 - 5.30. Became boisterously noisy then. But the service remained attentive, and bustling. Had a special Lasagna, and yes, could feed 3 easily. Wonderful. Preceded that with a special tomato/buffalo mozarrella salad - delish. Attentive, conversational server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way better than expected!OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 11/19/2014I made this reservation for a pre-matinee lunch and was a tad skeptical....thought maybe it would be an overrated tourist trap. NOT EVEN CLOSE! I can't even describe how yummy the lasagna, eggplant parmesan and salad were. Absolutely fresh and delicious. Noise level was not bad for us as were were in a back corner, but seemed like it could get pretty loud in the middle of the serving area. Can't wait to go again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014The restaurant location was great, close to all theaters, and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/18/2014Tons of food, great service, lively atmosphere. Great place for family, business dinners, and friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CatwithaCDined on 11/18/2014This is the third time I've eaten at Tony's in less than a month. Needless to say, I really like the food there. Everyone in my party had a great time. The wait staff was friendly and attentive. One person in our party has food allergies and everything was prepared to her specifications. I've never ordered anything at Tony's that I haven't been happy with. Although the food is plentiful, you never leave the restaurant feeling stuffed or bloated, just full, sattisfied and happy!! We had a wonderful evening and I can't wait to go back to Tony's again during the upcoing holiday season.Special Features:
- Great Place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014We loved the restaurant and our server was very attentive. Her recommendations were great. She knew we had time to kill before our show and didn't make us feel rushed at all. She even waited to bring out dessert "it was my birthday" for a little bit until we weren't so stuffed. We will definitely go back to Tony's the next time we are in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!!BlakeleyDined on 11/16/2014The food was outstanding! Loved the atmosphere and the vibe of the restaurant. I would definitely come and eat here again. Have been going to Carmine's restaurant for a while now, but Tony's is 10x better! Great find! And you're able to get a reservation and be seated immediately!!! Service could've been better, but it was a busy night so that's completely understandable. Overall, I can't wait to come back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at reasonable pricesNellaDined on 11/16/2014The food was great, the prices are reasonable the service was ok, our waiter Gregorio was very nice and friendly considering the big pre-theater crowd on Sunday's lunch time. My only complain about this place is that because it's alway soo crowded the noise level is very high and hard to have a normal conversation with your party. I would go back again because the food (family style) is good and the location. Perfect for if you are going to the theater, reservation is recommended.😜Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just perfectsimplebebeDined on 11/15/2014It's one of my favorite Italian restaurant. The black ink pasta plus the perfect sirloin made the day even more special. It comes in huge portion so come hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you're seeing a showAbooDined on 11/15/2014Tony's has good food, huge portions to share. It is perfectly located in the theatr district. Our server Gregorio was working hard and yet attentive. I would recommend it anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect setting for a perfect meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/15/2014Great place to get together with friends and family. Huge plates encourage sharing and the wait staff never rushes you out no matter how busy they are. Definitely make a reservation unless you don't mind waiting at the bar for a while. Love this place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun fun funJerseygirl31Dined on 11/15/2014Have been to tony's multiple times.. Food is always good and our waiter ( who we have had before) was fantastic!! Ryan is his name and he sang happy burthday to me in opera!! What more could you ask for?! He is very knowledgeable about what and how much to order also.. Although they are always bustling, they never rush you. You will not regret going there.. It's like my big chaotic family holidays!! Love it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChasmVIPDined on 11/13/2014Always a warm welcome. A pleasant experience with friendly servers and delicious food especially the Branzino special .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthdayStevechoochooDined on 11/12/2014Celebrated my big 60 here last week and it was brilliant. Great food, top service & meatbalss to die for!Special Features:
- Great food!TeddyDined on 11/12/2014The food was very good and portions large. The main dining room is very crowded and very noisy. Food is very good so we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- share itrubysoho28Dined on 11/11/2014Everything in the menu us meant for sharing. We were a party of eight (4 adults, 4 children) and ordered 2 appetizers and 3 entrees, it was perfect. Still had leftovers. The mussels were great, chicken piccata was tender, meatballs gigantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistently awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2014This is our favorite NYC restaurant. The fooday and service are awesome at a great priceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian food at Tony DiNapoli's!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/10/2014I had the pleasure of dining with 2 business associates at Tony Di Napoli's. I had been to the restaurant previously with family and enjoyed the food. The portion sizes for the entries are quite large and family style. My business associates and I shared one entree of Grilled Chicken Parm (special request for grilled), pasta and salad. we also split two desserts. All of the food was very good. The restaurant gets quite crowded and I recommend that you make reservations. They also have two floors so if you have a problem with stairs, request that a table on the first floor. The restaurant is also quite lively and noisy. So if you are planning a quiet dinner, you might want to go somewhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient for BroadwayMelissa22205VIPDined on 11/10/2014We usually avoid places like Tony's. Tourist restaurants that have been around forever. I was surprised at the quality of the food - usually large pasterias in tourist districts are mediocre at best. Tony's was quite good, the service was friendly and fast. If you are going to see a play the location can't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great, service was the best.RafatoonDined on 11/9/2014The service from our waiter was more than you could expect. The food was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!JustvisitingDined on 11/9/2014Great location between Bryant Park and on way to theaters. Entrees are large serving 2 to 3. We ordered chicken parm and it did not come with pasta so we ordered separately and had two containers of leftovers for two of us. Food was delicious. Authentic Italian and reasonably priced for NYC. Will be back next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in the area!TahoelovesitalianDined on 11/9/2014We were sad another local Italian restaurant was booked but found an early time at Tony's not only were we not disappointed we are planning our next trip to NYC for another meal! Yum!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissapointedpatsfan503Dined on 11/9/2014Meatballs were dry....bolognese sauce had a bitter taste and the veal parm was burnt and dry. Service was outstanding though. We expected so much more and honestly this food was no where worth the monies paid.
- Great food!LeceshaDined on 11/9/2014Love this place. This is by go to restaurant in NyC?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real pleasureSandy2758Dined on 11/9/2014Had no problem making reservations pre-theatre for lunch. We were seated immediately. Our waiter was attentive, friendly and knowledgeable. Of course the food was outstanding and authentic. Huge portions and very reasonably priced for Manhattan. The restaurant itself was old-world Italian and very roomy, comfortable and centrally located.Special Features:
- An authentic Italian restaurantDeansterDined on 11/9/2014Lots of atmosphere, an excellent menu with lots of tasty options, good service, reasonably priced, family style service available, good wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but service just okFlyGirl829Dined on 11/8/2014Made reservation for 9pm. Showed up right on time. Didn't get seated until 9:30pm. No excuses. Hostess told us, "It'll just be a minute". Unacceptable. No apologies. Server was a little curt as well but I think it was just his personality. Good food but won't go back.Special Features:
- Great restaurantBethDined on 11/8/2014Excellent food Friendly staff We went here with a party of 10 and we all enjoyed it!Special Features:
- Always A Good Time & Meal At Tony'sCatwithaCDined on 11/8/2014Went with a group of eight, and, as usual a good time was had by everyone. The waiter was friendly and informative and the food is always delicious. The Zucchini Chips as an appetizer are amazing, I would recommend them to everyone. The Veal Marsala is also a favorite of everyone in our group. The restaurant is always packed and gets noisy so I wouldn't recommend to anyone going on a romantic day, but if you are going to the theater or out with a group of friends for a fun night, Tony's is fantastic!Special Features:
- Excellent!CranerfDined on 11/8/2014Great food and flawless service! Definitely will be going back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding PlaceNATnDANDined on 11/7/2014Cellebrated my 31st Birthday there Food was awesome, super large portions and the service was amazing plus they sang Happy Birthday I loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and deliciousCkilpatVTDined on 11/7/2014Had a great dinner at this place. Family style dinners so lots of food. Great for a group of friends. Excellent service. The tomato sauce it so good I was eating it with a spoon! Would def go back there and try more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will DEFINITELY be back!SexyNJDined on 11/7/2014The staff was exceptional. Explained everything. Very friendly. Everyone helped and made sure we were satisfied. I went with 2 friends that had never been to NY before and they had an amazing time!! No matter what you order, it's enough for 2!! Try the specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and great food!SachinDined on 11/6/2014The service was a class act. The stuffed mushrooms and calamari fritte are to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceMoseyDined on 11/6/2014We chose this restaurant online because it was near to the theater we were going to. It turned out to be right across the street, so location was perfect. The ambiance was great. Went to Italy this past spring and the sauce was comparable to the sauce we loved over there. The food was excellent, although a bit much for two people. It would have been perfect for three. Our server was attentive and helpful. We would definitely go there again and would recommend it to others.Special Features:
- Neat setting; wanted tastier pastaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/6/2014Old-school style setting. Portraits of celebrities, beautiful chandeliers, big room. The couple next to us seemed unhappy they were being seated right next to a family of four. They seemed to settle in, only to have another group of four (two couples) sit on the other side of them. Ha. The man was visibly annoyed as he shifted back to my side. The service was very good. My sangria was very tasty. The food was above average, but I thought it could have been better. The meat sauce on my ziti bolognese was lacking. The house salad had just the right amount of dressing.Special Features:
- Service exceeded expectationsBoatShowDinnerVIPDined on 11/4/2014Chris, our waiter, was great. He was extremely attentive, engaging and enjoyable. He added greatly to the experience.
- Never DisappointsNJFoodieDined on 11/4/2014Definitely a go-to place for ANY occasion. Perfect for group lunch either family style or individual entree.Special Features:
- Fantastic foodSAMMIEDined on 11/2/2014i dined with my two girlfriends just prior to attending a play. We had very attentive Waite staff and the food was fantastic! I love that we can order individual dinners or family style! I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone!Special Features:
- GREAT FOOD, SERVICE and STAFFFLOATVIPDined on 11/2/2014Our waiter was excellent and answer all our questions. Gave a short history about the restaurant and the famous people who have come and who are still coming. The food was outstanding. I had the eggplant which was out of this world. Will be coming again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.