Tony's Di Napoli - Midtown
147 West 43rd Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Tony's Di Napoli - Midtown
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tonysnyc.com/
- Phone: 2122210100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday-Monday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer our special catering plan prices for groups who want us to bring the party to you. Perfect for office parties, birthdays, holidays or other special occasions.
A word from Tony's Di Napoli - Midtown
Tony's has served up some of the best old NY Italian favorites. Our cooking comes from Southern Neapolitan traditions and served up in huge family style platters that serve 2 to 3 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tony's Di Napoli - Midtown reviews from OpenTable diners
696 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (520)special occasion (253)fit for foodies (252)neighborhood gem (236)kid-friendly (213)great for lunch (173)hot spot (139)late-night find (82)notable wine list (73)vibrant bar scene (67)romantic (55)great for brunch (26)great for outdoor dining (11)scenic view (3)Show More
- ConsistentVeffDined on 10/23/2014We are regulars at Tony's. The food is consistently prepared well. We usually have the mixed seafood and are fascinated at how the calamari are always perfect - never over or under cooked. The meatballs are GREAT. AFTER YEARS of going there it was recommended that we try them - something we never would have ordered. Now we order them each time we visit - even if just one for a side dish. We often come with a group and get to order and taste many other dishes. The steaks are a hidden treasure that should not be missed. And oh, those pastas! Excellent food, great service - and at a fair price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a crowd pleaserOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/23/2014this is a great place for a group, reasonable prices and quality food and energetic atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A surprisektarVIPDined on 10/23/2014A jam-packed pre theater crowd caused us to worry. Got us in on time, excellent professional and friendly service, fast kitchen. Huge and well priced portions (entree would have served 3 or 4), decent wine by the glass. This place does just what you expect...excellently!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/23/2014A friend recommended this place and it was a great experience. Food, atmosphere and service were all great! The menu items recommended by our waitress were perfect. Didn't realize the menu was family style but worked out fine for two of us. Will definitely eat here again when in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close and good !OpenTableBDFVIPDined on 10/23/2014We loved that we only had to walk across the street to see the new musical Beautiful about Carole King -- and did not have to sacrifice great food and service. We shared the pasta special with mushrooms and a plate of veal saltimbuco and it was wonderful. 5 stars for the chef
- Very good food, reasonable priceOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/21/2014Some of the best Italian "red sauce" food I have enjoyed. The restaurant seems very popular and energetic. Servers could have been more attentive. The noise levels were too high to enjoy conversation with other diners at the table. Not a good location for business duscussions or enjoyable conversations with family or friends because of the noise levels (on a Tuesday night at 8)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre-theater enjoymentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/21/2014Our 4-some enjoyed the meal and were accommodated very nicely for one later arrival by our server. The only recommendation is to come as a group of more than two as the platters are very large…enough for 3-4 women! Everything we chose was delicious. The noise level is a bit above energetic at 5:30-7 (pre-theater). Also accommodated our need to get to the theater on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tony'sMichaelDined on 10/21/2014Have been ere a few times, food always consistent, tasty and fresh. Would reccomendSpecial Features:
- Beautiful DinnerjasonVIPDined on 10/21/2014With "Beautiful" just down the block, we picked Tony's DiNapoli for our evening dinner. Our reservation was honored immediately and we were seated and served quickly and well. The food came in very large portions and were all good. We had enough for the next day's lunch! A fresh salad, some baked clams, shrimp marinara over pasta, and veal were all served hot and well prepared, a miracle given how crowded the place was. Kudos to the staff for getting us in, fed well, and out in time for a 7PM curtain. Our guest from Maryland and daughter joined us and agreed that Tony's is a fine place for a pre-theater dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food with a hugItalianoVIPDined on 10/20/2014The Chicken Scarpielo is always excellent. The Pasta Primavera was lackluster. The staff is always upbeat and helpful.Special Features:
- Hungry? Not for long at Tony'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014You will not leave Tony's hungry that is for sure. I visit Tony's every time I am in New York. I bring my family and friends to dine here every single time. If we cannot get reservations, usually in December, we order for delivery.Special Features:
- A hidden gem!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014I ordered the chicken Parmesan and the baked ziti and it was the best I've ever had in all the states I have traveled, I will definitely be back for more!! The atmosphere was perfect and the service was wonderful! And I would also recommend the cannoli plate for dessert it was unbelievable!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best of the bestArrjr9Dined on 10/19/2014Great food staff was excellent good after theater dinning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous time!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2014We came to Tonys for dinner to celebrate my daughters 21st Birthday. It was nothing short if perfect! Definitely will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favoriteluvNYC16Dined on 10/18/2014My husband and I just enjoyed a little mini vacation over the weekend and we are so happy we discovered Tony Di Napolis. We both love italian food and normally dine at Carmines. I purchased the Zagat guide and read that Tony Di Napolis was similar so we decided to give it a try. We were not at all disappointed. The food was wonderful as was the service. Everything from the bread, to the shrimp Juliana to the lobster Fradiavlo was top notch. Although the restaurant was bustling they seated us a few minutes early and service was prompt. I highly recommend this gem and we we certainly be back.Special Features:
- CookieDined on 10/18/2014Seated on time and food and service were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chucks2centsDined on 10/18/2014The food, wine and outstanding service all added up to an enjoyable dining experience. I highly recommend Tony's Di Napoli .Special Features:
- GREAT RESTAURANT4girlsnightoutDined on 10/18/2014Tony's is a wonderful restaurant with good food and a lively atmosphere, and the most friendly staff. A pleasure to dine there - as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrific timebarryVIPDined on 10/18/2014my wife and her friends had a terrific time at lunch on Saturday, great service, great food, thanks to the staffSpecial Features:
- Great Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014great restaurant, biig family servings (2-3 per serving), good wine list and popular place. Book table! will be back!Special Features:
- This One's A Keeper!!!pasta4mytummyDined on 10/16/2014We have friends who told us about Tony's the last time we were in NYC. We loved it soo much we made sure we came again! We were not disappointed!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as always!DeKatDined on 10/16/2014Family style portions lend this great restaurant to groups of three or more... unless you are good with leftovers. We haven't found a bad thing on the menu and we will definitely return to confirm. ;-)Special Features:
- My restaurant home in NYCMayDecemberDined on 10/15/2014We always love dining at Tony Di Naopli's. Convenient to all of the theaters for an after show dinner with friends. Family style dining with great food and huge portions means lots of laughter and joy around the table. Attentive staff and reasonable prices, especially for Times Square!Special Features:
- Times Square FavoritefrequentvisitorDined on 10/15/2014Whether in the area to see a show or just taking in the sites, Tony's is a MUST for any Italian fan. Food is family style. Portions are VERY generous and well priced (especially for NYC). But most importantly, the food is DELICIOUS. I highly recommend the Chicken Francese and the Chicken Parm.Special Features:
- Excellent value for the priceGaryDined on 10/15/2014Excellent value for the money in midtown Manhattan and very good food. Wine list was appropriate as well. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SharonVIPDined on 10/15/2014Excellent Food and wine as always ! never a disappointment when you choose Tony's for a personal or business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicenickDined on 10/14/2014The waiter was kept talking with peers, so I needed to wait to order and get service.Special Features:
- Italian awesomeVacationgirlDined on 10/13/2014Loved the food, service and everything about Tony's. Portions are huge so we needed 3 more people. Tried the tomatoes and cheese. Served cut up rather than sliced but very delicious. Chicken and eggplant. Amazing! Also had spaghetti and meatballs but on over load by then.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food, amazing serviceNandoDined on 10/12/2014Made reservations, but when we get there was not super busy (8pm Sunday). The tables are really close to each other, you almost fell that you are at the bar, but the decoration and the ambience make you fell really well. Service very good, she advised us about the dishes size. We had the zitti bolognese and I can say, the best bolognese salsa I ever had. Not a huge wine list, but I had a very good one. Definitely will be back there and will recommend everybody.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dinner in NYCgminerDined on 10/12/2014As always when we come into the city we have dinner at Tony's Di Napoli, Excellent service, food and atmosphere. If you don't try this when in NYC you are losing out. A must go when there.Special Features:
- NYC pre theater diningminnie05Dined on 10/12/2014Once again, Tony's provided the perfect pre-theater meal. Lunch on Sunday was not as hectic as it is on Saturday so we had a few minutes to chat with our superb waitress, Linda. She had suggestions from the menu.....insights on the Broadway shows.....just the right amount of friendliness.....she was a totally professional waitress. The food, as always, was wonderful. We both had veal dishes (Parm and Francese) (We are slowly making our way through the menu) with Ceasar Salad and then had the Tortutto dessert....even the decaf coffee hit the mark. When in NYC, we always enjoy heading to Tony's....and are looking forward to our next visit...We have been here as a couple and with groups of up to 8, and the experience was always positive.Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014I strongly recommend to make a reservation before go. The food serves well three people. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NYC Family Style Italian FoodFudyDined on 10/11/2014Just the perfect place for a NYC family style Italian meal! Better quality and value than Carmine's with great service, nice ambiance and a NY vibe. We had the Hot Apps with Eggplant Rolantini, Shrimp Oreganato and Baked Clams- yum. Then 4 of us split 1 plate each of Chicken Parm(heavenly) and Penne A la Vodka (wow). Dessert- cannoli's and cappacino. What could be better?! Plus it's a good value for NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best eatery in theatre districtOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014Love this place. Great NY atomosphere, great tasty pasta and great price. Excellent,fast service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014have been there many times and is great as always, the service is superb the food is rally fresh and cooked to pefectionSpecial Features:
- excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014food was delish, well priced and excellent service- Chris was our waiter-terrific. And a request for surprise birthday candle on desert brought out singing! great placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Style? In the past, not now!POUSADined on 10/11/2014I have been dinning at Tony's for the last 15 years. From the 80's street to Midtown. It was a characteristic Italian Family Style serving. But, this Saturday lunch this did not happened at all. Portions were just individual portions despite of announcing it as big family style ones... I had to count the ravioli to split the dish with my wife. Same situation for the couple that was with us. A SHAME!!! Perhaps a new management decision to reduce cost at the same level of pricing than usual ...very disappointed. I guess that it is time to try Carmine's if this is not fixed.Special Features:
- AmazingJboi92Dined on 10/10/2014I would definitely go back and eat there. Food was so great, not that expensive, good ambience. Greatly recommend to my friends to go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent late night dinnerTexas2MaineDined on 10/9/2014We had a late dinner after catching a show and did not get to Tony's til 11:15 on a Thursday night. There was no rush and we enjoyed a wonderful dinner, sharing two entrees and having enough leftover to take with us. Service was very attentive, food was excellent. Noise level was not an issue as many tables were open at the late hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for groups!NivsDined on 10/9/2014Tony's is a great spot for a group. The options are fresh and well prepared with most dishes serving 2-3 people. The atmosphere is very warm - similar to Carmine's but with less tourists. Only negative is that the lighting is little dim.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.