Tony's Di Napoli - Midtown
147 West 43rd Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Tony's Di Napoli - Midtown
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tonysnyc.com/
- Phone: 2122210100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday-Monday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer our special catering plan prices for groups who want us to bring the party to you. Perfect for office parties, birthdays, holidays or other special occasions.
A word from Tony's Di Napoli - Midtown
Tony's has served up some of the best old NY Italian favorites. Our cooking comes from Southern Neapolitan traditions and served up in huge family style platters that serve 2 to 3 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tony's Di Napoli - Midtown reviews from OpenTable diners
696 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (523)special occasion (255)fit for foodies (251)neighborhood gem (229)kid-friendly (217)great for lunch (174)hot spot (134)late-night find (78)notable wine list (70)vibrant bar scene (65)romantic (52)great for brunch (26)great for outdoor dining (10)scenic view (3)Show More
- CookieDined on 10/18/2014Seated on time and food and service were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014The food, wine and outstanding service all added up to an enjoyable dining experience. I highly recommend Tony's Di Napoli .Special Features:
- GREAT RESTAURANT4girlsnightoutDined on 10/18/2014Tony's is a wonderful restaurant with good food and a lively atmosphere, and the most friendly staff. A pleasure to dine there - as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- terrific timebarryVIPDined on 10/18/2014my wife and her friends had a terrific time at lunch on Saturday, great service, great food, thanks to the staffSpecial Features:
- This One's A Keeper!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014We have friends who told us about Tony's the last time we were in NYC. We loved it soo much we made sure we came again! We were not disappointed!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding as always!DeKatDined on 10/16/2014Family style portions lend this great restaurant to groups of three or more... unless you are good with leftovers. We haven't found a bad thing on the menu and we will definitely return to confirm. ;-)Special Features:
- My restaurant home in NYCMayDecemberDined on 10/15/2014We always love dining at Tony Di Naopli's. Convenient to all of the theaters for an after show dinner with friends. Family style dining with great food and huge portions means lots of laughter and joy around the table. Attentive staff and reasonable prices, especially for Times Square!Special Features:
- Times Square FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 10/15/2014Whether in the area to see a show or just taking in the sites, Tony's is a MUST for any Italian fan. Food is family style. Portions are VERY generous and well priced (especially for NYC). But most importantly, the food is DELICIOUS. I highly recommend the Chicken Francese and the Chicken Parm.Special Features:
- Excellent value for the priceGaryDined on 10/15/2014Excellent value for the money in midtown Manhattan and very good food. Wine list was appropriate as well. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SharonVIPDined on 10/15/2014Excellent Food and wine as always ! never a disappointment when you choose Tony's for a personal or business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicenickDined on 10/14/2014The waiter was kept talking with peers, so I needed to wait to order and get service.Special Features:
- Italian awesomeVacationgirlDined on 10/13/2014Loved the food, service and everything about Tony's. Portions are huge so we needed 3 more people. Tried the tomatoes and cheese. Served cut up rather than sliced but very delicious. Chicken and eggplant. Amazing! Also had spaghetti and meatballs but on over load by then.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food, amazing serviceNandoDined on 10/12/2014Made reservations, but when we get there was not super busy (8pm Sunday). The tables are really close to each other, you almost fell that you are at the bar, but the decoration and the ambience make you fell really well. Service very good, she advised us about the dishes size. We had the zitti bolognese and I can say, the best bolognese salsa I ever had. Not a huge wine list, but I had a very good one. Definitely will be back there and will recommend everybody.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dinner in NYCgminerDined on 10/12/2014As always when we come into the city we have dinner at Tony's Di Napoli, Excellent service, food and atmosphere. If you don't try this when in NYC you are losing out. A must go when there.Special Features:
- NYC pre theater diningminnie05Dined on 10/12/2014Once again, Tony's provided the perfect pre-theater meal. Lunch on Sunday was not as hectic as it is on Saturday so we had a few minutes to chat with our superb waitress, Linda. She had suggestions from the menu.....insights on the Broadway shows.....just the right amount of friendliness.....she was a totally professional waitress. The food, as always, was wonderful. We both had veal dishes (Parm and Francese) (We are slowly making our way through the menu) with Ceasar Salad and then had the Tortutto dessert....even the decaf coffee hit the mark. When in NYC, we always enjoy heading to Tony's....and are looking forward to our next visit...We have been here as a couple and with groups of up to 8, and the experience was always positive.Special Features:
- Great NYC Family Style Italian FoodFudyDined on 10/11/2014Just the perfect place for a NYC family style Italian meal! Better quality and value than Carmine's with great service, nice ambiance and a NY vibe. We had the Hot Apps with Eggplant Rolantini, Shrimp Oreganato and Baked Clams- yum. Then 4 of us split 1 plate each of Chicken Parm(heavenly) and Penne A la Vodka (wow). Dessert- cannoli's and cappacino. What could be better?! Plus it's a good value for NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best eatery in theatre districtOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014Love this place. Great NY atomosphere, great tasty pasta and great price. Excellent,fast service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014have been there many times and is great as always, the service is superb the food is rally fresh and cooked to pefectionSpecial Features:
- excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014food was delish, well priced and excellent service- Chris was our waiter-terrific. And a request for surprise birthday candle on desert brought out singing! great placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Style? In the past, not now!POUSADined on 10/11/2014I have been dinning at Tony's for the last 15 years. From the 80's street to Midtown. It was a characteristic Italian Family Style serving. But, this Saturday lunch this did not happened at all. Portions were just individual portions despite of announcing it as big family style ones... I had to count the ravioli to split the dish with my wife. Same situation for the couple that was with us. A SHAME!!! Perhaps a new management decision to reduce cost at the same level of pricing than usual ...very disappointed. I guess that it is time to try Carmine's if this is not fixed.Special Features:
- AmazingJboi92Dined on 10/10/2014I would definitely go back and eat there. Food was so great, not that expensive, good ambience. Greatly recommend to my friends to go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent late night dinnerTexas2MaineDined on 10/9/2014We had a late dinner after catching a show and did not get to Tony's til 11:15 on a Thursday night. There was no rush and we enjoyed a wonderful dinner, sharing two entrees and having enough leftover to take with us. Service was very attentive, food was excellent. Noise level was not an issue as many tables were open at the late hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for groups!NivsDined on 10/9/2014Tony's is a great spot for a group. The options are fresh and well prepared with most dishes serving 2-3 people. The atmosphere is very warm - similar to Carmine's but with less tourists. Only negative is that the lighting is little dim.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot near Times SquareMikeDined on 10/9/2014Restaurant is in a great location and has a pretty wide menu selection, Lunch is less daunting than dinner as all the meals and portions are large. Unlike other family style restaurants, Tonys quality is top notch. Chicken parm is the best I've ever had, salads are great and fresh. Never had a bad meal here. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Full Lunch for TwoTonysTasteDined on 10/8/2014We reserved a table for noon, but the bus was late. I called and easily moved it to 12:30 pm. There was no problem. A table for two was ready and waiting for us when we arrived at 12:20. The service was impeccable; the courses properly timed; and sharing of dishes was encouraged. Our waiter reset the table to accommodate the two entrees in the center and even brought two sets of serving utensils for us. The Caesar salad coated each icy crisp leaf. The veal was pounded thin and tender. The fried eggplant had a savory tomato sauce, the Saltimbocca had it's own unique, memorable cream sauce. We shared the house made cheesecake, which was out of this world. I also had a decaf cappuccino and my wife decaf Bromley tea, same as we have at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatpurelywatedDined on 10/7/2014Overall I enjoyed the meal and the meatballs were absolutely fantastic, the clams in wine sauce were ok, but not great, kind of watery and bland. Would try other menu items on next visit to give it a second chance.Special Features:
- Great Italian food in Times SquareBarbaraVIPDined on 10/7/2014Great food, very reasonably priced and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really GoodArtieDined on 10/7/2014Everything was really good - Excellent Chicken Parm and Tortellini Aha, lets not forget the bread and olive oil!Special Features:
- What a gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2014We made last minute reservations for 7. I had never eaten here before. The service was exceptional. The food was excellent. The seafood was cooked to perfection. Overall a wonderful experience and fairly reasonable. We will definitely be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic ItalianksantoDined on 10/6/2014Was looking for typical Italian fare to suit my picky eaters and this fit the bill. Great pasta and chicken parm. Good service. Family style restaurant with reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just as good second time aroundQuinnyDined on 10/5/2014Only one thing to point out, all food is served as platters. One platter will serve two people easily, particularly if you chose to have a starter. Other than that enjoyed this place again and will go back when in NYCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service & Great Food!HelenBDined on 10/5/2014Everything my table ordered came out looking fresh and tasting delicious. Service was very attentive and very friendly and informative. Would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a wonderful meal. Loved all the celebrity artwork on the wall too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to have a mealWilbur330Dined on 10/5/2014Picked Tony's from reviews on Trip Advisor. Worked well for our first time in New York City. Probably won't return cause there are so many more to try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before 3pm matineeFrequenterDined on 10/5/2014This is the 2 nd time I brought friends to this restaurant before our matinee, all totally loved it. The food was delicious and so reSonable for NYC . We will continue to come to Tonys and I will recommend it to all I know whoi are visiting the city.Special Features:
- Ate like KingsemartnyDined on 10/4/2014Went with some friends and had the chicken francese and penne vodka as well as the lobster special. Everything was fantastic! Will definitely go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come with an appetite!JanetMDined on 10/4/2014Huge portions that serve 2-3 people. Always great food. So noisy that it is difficult to understand your server at times, but we keep coming back because we are addicted to the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must when in NYCFamluvstodineDined on 10/4/2014Tony's DiNapoli - Midtown is our favorite restaurant when in NYC. The food is served family style, the portions are oversized and the taste is outstanding. This is where we take visitors from out of town. We are never disappointed in our meal. The staff is friendly and caters to the guests. We will most definitely dine there again and again and again.Special Features:
- Always Consistent, always great!LoveGoodBitesDined on 10/4/2014I've been to Tony's many times and this time i brought 3 Friends who had never been there...they loved it as much as me!! It was a Big hit!! Tony's never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Great Night OutCampyDined on 10/3/2014Nice atmosphere and the food was delish. Service was good. A bit noisy but that is to be expected in times square. Great for groups, family outings, and special occasions. Fun place with quality Italian food.Special Features:
- Excellent DinnerCosmoDined on 10/2/2014On a trip to NYC with friends, this was the first place we stopped. It as great! We had their salad, fresh pasta, Chicken Parmigana, and seafood platter. Everything was top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.