Tony's Di Napoli - Midtown
147 West 43rd Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Tony's Di Napoli - Midtown
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tonysnyc.com/
- Phone: 2122210100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday-Monday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer our special catering plan prices for groups who want us to bring the party to you. Perfect for office parties, birthdays, holidays or other special occasions.
A word from Tony's Di Napoli - Midtown
Tony's has served up some of the best old NY Italian favorites. Our cooking comes from Southern Neapolitan traditions and served up in huge family style platters that serve 2 to 3 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tony's Di Napoli - Midtown reviews from OpenTable diners
731 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (525)special occasion (258)fit for foodies (240)kid-friendly (238)neighborhood gem (238)great for lunch (176)hot spot (137)late-night find (79)notable wine list (74)vibrant bar scene (64)romantic (51)great for brunch (27)great for outdoor dining (13)scenic view (3)Show More
- Superb Italian!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Old fashioned Italian atmosphere and décor added up to a marvelous last night in NYC! Wait staff is attentive but unobtrusive. Food was delicious. Bowtie pasta w/prosciutto and peas in a cream sauce and Penne Di Napoli, fabulous Italian red sauce with lots of mozzarella. Plates are more than enough for 2 or 3. We had the Tri Color salad and 2 plates for the 2 of us and were stuffed!! Desserts (didn't have room) looked outstanding. Prices very much in line with NYC for an upper end dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HANDICAPPED SEATINGOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/14/2014WHEN I MADE RESERVATION I PUT IN THAT THERE WAS A ELECTRIC SCOOTER SO I NEEDED ROOM FOR THAT I DON'T THINK IT WAS NOTICE ON THE RESERVATION WE HAD TO WAIT A LITTLE LONGER FOR A TABLE NOT LONG BUT ........... THE STAFF WAS EXCELENTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit the BillOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014We needed a good lunch place prior to theatre. It's important because it will set the tone for the rest of the theatre day as well. Tonys was perfect. Near to Times Square , very good food. Very good service. We had wanted to go to Carmine's, but they were full. Well I would go here first next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014The food was excellent we have back a few times. Always before we go see a playSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014They seated us before our 8:30 appt., which was great! The restaurant was crowded and noisy, but the food was delicious! We ordered calamari, clams oreganato (fabulous), their special - Bronzino, and steak pizzaiola. Their desserts were great, but the New York Cheesecake tasted like Italian Cheesecake. I couldn't tell the difference. I would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday weekendOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014My husband, myself and another couple visited NYC for my 50th birthday weekend, we had made reservations at Tony's and it didn't disappoint, service and food where excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014I have been going here for 5 years now and have always had the same experience...good food, good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for sharingRTMreunionDined on 9/12/2014I love eating different dishes and everything is always delicious at Tony's! Service was great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KooklaMomDined on 9/12/2014Ate at Tony's at the height of pre-theater dining time (6:00pm on a Friday night). My brother was in town from CA and had tickets to a Broadway show. Not being a frequent pre-theater diner, I assumed that the waiter at this theater district restaurant knew that we had to make an 8:00 show, in my mind, I never thought we had to mention it. Our meal became rushed and stressful; he clearly did not assume that we were going to the theater and let 20 minutes lapse between courses. Being a theater district restaurant, I would highly suggest that each waiter be taught to ask, right up front, if the party they are serving is attending a Broadway show so that they clearly understand the required dining schedule.Special Features:
- Outstanding FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014Incredible flavors and matching service. Better with 4 or more people so you can enjoy multiple dishes. Each dish feeds at least two. We ordered two entrees in order to try a couple of dishes. We had plenty left over. Would have been great to order 3 to 5 dishes with a group of 8-10 people. Ask for Balsamic and Olive oil to accompany your bread.Special Features:
- Great Pre-theatre restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/11/2014Awesome Italian pre-theatre restaurant. Everything is served family style and the portions are huge! The food is great and the service will get you in and out in a jiffy to make your show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theater mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Great place to go before the theater and friendly staff make the meal a pleasure.Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Everything in this restaurant is great! The food, the service and the price! I would highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- Always a standoutmrpbDined on 9/10/2014I took three friends, (two sisters and their Mom) to dinner after the theatre. They had never been to Tony's and one had never even been near Times Square (she lives in LA). They LOVED everything. The service is most attentive and friendly but never overbearing, the food is divine. Tony's is my go to for taking guest to NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/10/2014The food was cold and tasteless. We won't be returning.
- Pre TheatreFiniDined on 9/10/2014Great service and food. Right across the street from Sondheim Theatre.Special Features:
- very good Italian foodNewbiDined on 9/10/2014The chicken and eggplant dish was awesome! They also held or left overs till after our show was over so that we could enjoy the food all again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than everPOUSADined on 9/9/2014A classic! Never fails! For the last 17 years, always quality and service- best in class-!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulmarciaDined on 9/9/2014Delicious family style restaurant. Great for dinner before a show. They served us and got us out as promised!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014I recomended this restaurant. Had out of towners with me. The family style was exactly what I was looking for. Great for groups. Great food selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/7/2014Serving size are huge! And food are delicious... Don't forget to make a rezervation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- czelinaDined on 9/7/2014This place is consistently great. I am never disappointed. Have recommended it to countless people and people are always satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-theater lunchfranVIPDined on 9/7/2014Went to have lunch prior to the theater. Dimitri our waiter took great care of us. The food was wonderful and we had a terrific lunch.Special Features:
- Whatever TripadvisorOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014The waitress was very friendly. She give us a very good service. But the meal was just OK and the red wine hot.
- Always a hit!sogoodpwayDined on 9/6/2014I have been going to Tony's for more than 10 years now. It is a wonderful place to take out of town guests, groups of friends and family. The wait staff is always friendly and helpful. Of course, the food is out of sight!! Although it can be noisy, it is never distracting to your party. Only good reports from first timers who look forward to coming back again when in town. Best zucchini fritti anywhere and will be the start of more wonderful tastes to come. There's something for everyone so you can't help but enjoy!! Tony's is a delicious experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite place!restaurantaholicDined on 9/6/2014Love this restaurant! The servers are pleasant, fast & efficient-you won't be late if seeing a play! They use Quality, fresh ingredients, huge portions, perfectly cooked delicious food, FANTASTIC peach bellinis! We've ordered Shrimp DiNapoli Salad (fresh tomatoes, arugula, basil & large perfectly cooked shrimp in a vinaigrette)-Excellent; stuffed mushrooms (very good); and this past weekend we had Chicken Parm-excellent, and a Lobster Ravioli special with buttery champagne sauce, fresh shrimp, spinach, basil and fresh tomatoes-Absolutely Delicious!!! Can't wait to bring my children and other friends here! It would be a great place for a large group...food is served family style, although you can get individual portions for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grandes raciones en Times Sq.GemaeDined on 9/5/2014Servicio rápido y atento. Grandes raciones para compartir por lo que la cuenta para 4 sale bien de precio. Comida estilo casera. Decoración agradable .Muy recomendable para cenar al ladito de times Square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating a Special OccassionOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/5/2014If you a celebrating a special occasion let your waiter know, I was there celebrating my niece's birthday and our waiter took care of her. I would advise you if you have tickets for a show, let your waiter know, we just made the curtain.Special Features:
- Delish e oJoBenDined on 9/5/2014Went to Tony Di Napoli for pre dinner Broadway show. Prompt seating, friendly service, abundant and delicious food. Great choice, met all my dining expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place to eatunknownfoodie83Dined on 9/5/2014Came here for my wife and I's anniversary. I had heard this place was good with big portions and we were not disappointed. Would love to come back again and try one of the specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Delicious!HappynjfamilyDined on 9/3/2014The service was Great and the food was so Delicious! I will be back soon with my Family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Italian DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/3/2014Great family style dining with platters that feed 2-3 people each. Blake was our server and kept us well taken care of. Definitely worth a stop with friends. To top it off… the cost was quite reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dinner!rheasueVIPDined on 9/3/2014My husband and I had a delicious dinner tonight. Blake, our server, was excellent. He was very efficient and caring. He checked with us throughout the meal to see that we were enjoying our dinner. He made great recommendations and treated us like familySpecial Features:
- Great as always!KarenLDined on 9/3/2014This is our fifth time eating at Tony's and we are always happy that we did!Special Features:
- SuperPauloDined on 9/1/2014Is really a very good restaurant. The menu, and the service are special. In a wk I visit 4 times. I recommend all who want a special dinnerSpecial Features:
- Perfect place for Italian CuisineGuenterDined on 9/1/2014Went there with a group of 10 people for dinner. Table was ready at arrival, nicely arranged and well located. The overall atmosphere was very pleasant. The menu offers a wide variety of typical Italian food. The portions are quite big and can easily be shared among two persons. We ordered Antipasto, Calamari, Pasta and Veal, and were impressed by the fantastic food quality. Service was excellent. Dinner at Tony's Di Napoli was certainly a highlight of our one week New York trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great place for dinnerHsy2550VIPDined on 9/1/2014My daughter and I were in New York over the Labor Day weekend and was looking of a great place for dinner. What a great find. Tony's was better than we could have ever expected. The food was incredible and the service was outstanding. Tony's is family style so a platter will serve 3 to 4 people easily. We had the chicken parmesan, the beef tenderloin and spaghetti with vodka sauce. Everything was exceptional. Do not over order. The 3 dishes that we order could have feed 6 or 8 people. You will not be disappointed with the food. I would suggest that you also make reservations. The restaurant fills up quick before and after shows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tonys time square..SteveyasminekennedyDined on 8/31/2014Have been returning to Tonys for the last 8 years with my daughter.. We are visitors from the UK, And I can honestly say it never fails to deliver, the food, the staff, the complete set up.. 5 stars!! Spag Bol to die for!! The staff even remembered us from previous visits.. Would highly recommend. And will be returning next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014Right across the street from the Stephen Sondheim Theatre. Excellent spot before or after the show.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The food was excellent, you will definitely leave with leftovers. The service was great and the prices reasonable, especially for the location it is in. My only complaint is the noise level was loud. But I would definitely recommend this restaurant and would come here again.Special Features: