266 West Lake Street
Bloomingdale, IL 60108Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tonyspavonesrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6305293154
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Tony Spavones
Where Tony Spavone travels, music cannot be too far behind. Tony Spavone's Ristorante is proof enough. Food is served - excellent food, infact-but music is also a star on the menu. Spavone's restaurant is one of the few in Chicagoland where the owner regularly serenades his guests with a song; where a restaurant full of people cheerfully sing along to whatever tune catches their fancy; where a roomful of diners routinely gets up to form a giant conga line.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tony Spavones reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (12)neighborhood gem (10)good for groups (8)romantic (7)fit for foodies (7)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (2)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- DannoDined on 8/24/2014There was an 80th birthday party going on which we felt like we were intruding a little bit. Tony couldn't make it to sing but one of their waitresses did a fantastic job filling in!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014Especially enjoyed the singing - Tony and one of the wait staff. She has a beautiful voice and the performance added to my group's enjoyment!Special Features:
- Good Old Italian restaurant2couplesDined on 7/27/2014We went for anniversary celebration for friends because we had dined here before we all had kids and they are now all grown. It was nostalgic. Enjoyed Tony Spavone's (owner) visit to our table and his singing. He seemed to know many people there and was friendly to us like he knew us. The diners who had the special pasta and seafood really liked it, the other entrees were OK. Server was pretty uninvolved but did take care of us. Wine was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!BobHVIPDined on 7/26/2014What a treasure in the old Italian style. Well worth the trip. Big portions of authentic Italian food coupled with live entertainment provided by the remarkably talented owner. I would recommend without hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 32th Anniversary DinneroutogatherDined on 7/24/2014This was for our 35th Anniverary dinner that turned out to be too noisy because there was a group celebrating something that should have been put in the restaurant's party room. Food was excellent though but not too romantic.Special Features:
- Great Find in Bloomingdale AreaJerry13Dined on 6/20/2014Tony Spavone is a warm, friendly and gratious host. When you dine at Spavone's you are part of the family. Great menu selection of nicely prepared, flavorfull Italian dishes with no skimping on the portions. Be prepared for great leftovers for the next day. Tony greets guests at the door and/or visits each table as he walks around singing thus contributing to the family atmosphere. When we are in the Bloomingdale area, Spavone's is a must for our family.Special Features:
- Excellent food!MekaletaDined on 6/15/2014Great food, excellent specials and a special treat if Tony sings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A taste of homehungrygirlDined on 6/7/2014Dining at Tony's is like going back home to Mama's table. We always know what to expect and the food is great, especially when Tony himself goes back into the kitchen. The baccalo is not to be missed!Special Features:
- DinneremvllcVIPDined on 5/23/2014Tony as usual himself singing on the microphone. That's the charming aspect of the place. Unfortunately the food was just average and the place needs some updating. Wouldn't rush back but in a pinch not a bad spot for lunch or dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CrowdedBrigidandJimDined on 5/17/2014The restaurant was very crowded so it took a while for our food to arrive but it was very good.Special Features:
- DisappointedLockportCindyDined on 5/11/2014My adult son, my mother and I went to Spavone's for Mother's Day, and I was really looking forward to it, but ended up disappointed. I was expecting authentic Italian food, and while the words on the menu made me think I was going to get it, I was wrong. I would compare the quality and authenticity of the food to what Chili's or TGIFriday' would serve. Considering that, I think it was kind of pricy, $100 even for three mid priced meals, no alcohol or dessert, and tip.
- The following 117 reviews are from the Tony Spavones reviews archive.
- waiter forgot have the orderBillTDined on 4/21/2014the restaurant was practically empty. However the waiter forgot to bring a salad and soup I also ordered chicken breast I got a whole chicken food was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great fun eveningsuburbanseniorDined on 3/29/20141st time at Spavone's. We will go back again and again. The food and service were very good. The singing was professional and very enjoyable. Tony's voice and repertoire were first class. One of the waitresses sang as well when we were there. She could and should be a professional. I recommend Tony Spavone's highly!!.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife & I hadn't been toDocMartinVIPDined on 3/29/2014My wife & I hadn't been to Spavone's in probably 20 yrs. It's just too far away now, but we were in the area and decided to go back. It was great! The food was terrific. Tony worked the room & serenaded many of the tables with Italian songs. He even did a duet with our waitress on Loretta Lynn & Patsy Cline. All-in-all, it was as if we were regulars. A great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kitchen was VERY backed upOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2014The food was very good but our service and the amount of time we waiting was pretty crazy. That said the manager/owner? came by and apologized and comped a good portion of our meal which really eased the sting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spavone's Hits All the Right NotesJamesVIPDined on 3/14/2014Tony Spavone's is an old school Italian restaurant that offers a warm and casual environment. The dishes include authentic Italian specialities such as rotolo, braciole, and burrata. These items are not to be found on menus at most other wannabe Italian restaurants. Their garlic rolls are addictive! The atmosphere is enhanced by the owner Tony crooning Italian classics in the background. Last time out, one of the servers, Kelly, also sang a couple of songs. Her voice is amazing. Having the live music in a more intimate fashion really is a unique experience. The servers are attentive, but don't hover or rush you. This is a great spot for couples or groups. All good!Special Features:
- Worth the wait?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014We had an 8 pm reservation. we were only seated 15 minutes late (it was Valentine's Day) but we didn't receive our food until 10:15 pm! We ordered around 8:45 pm. If it wasn't for our waitress being so generous, we would have walked out. That being said, the food was delicious once we finally did get it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good night for tonyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014In the past, spavones had been a great experience. The food was great and Tony's voice was even better. My girlfriend and I recently went on valentines day which I anticipated a crowded evening but we had a late reservation for 7:45 hoping we would miss the rush. We had to check in twice because the lady didn't write down my name the first time I told her we were there, then we went over to the bar while we were waiting. This part made me the most upset because the full 30 min. we waited at the bar, the bartender didn't once acknowledge that we were sitting there waiting to get a drink. Waitress hardly came by our table and waited an hour and half before we got our food and didn't leave until close to 11:00 and by then it was nearly empty.Special Features:
- Great suburban find!SarahSmockDined on 2/7/2014Who would have guessed you could find such a wonderful, locally owned restaurant in the midst of what appeared to be mostly chain restaurants? We had a lovely time. They sat us by the fire on a really cold night. The menu was diverse, and we loved everything we had. The calamari appetizer was among the best I've ever had. We had a prawn special (huge prawns), linguine with clam sauce (tons of clams) and a chicken and veggie risotto that was different than most but luscious tasting. If we get back to this area, we will definitely return, and we already recommended it to several people at the wedding we were in town for. You can't beat having the owner do a little singing and come to your table to check on the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsFullVIPDined on 2/7/2014We came to the restaurant with some friends and had a wonderful time. The food was excellent as usual. The only thing I'd like to mention is that they should tell you what the price is for the specials of the day. We we were surprised that the Prawns were 31.00 dollars. Granted they were delicious, but I think a bit pricey for 3 large prawns. Most restaurants tell you what the prices are. Overall an excellent choice and great food. Great entertainment.Special Features:
- Old School ClassOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/17/2014If you are looking for excellent food, great atmosphere, top-notch service and live music.... Then this is the spot! This family-owned restaurant has been host to celebrities past and present yet each guest is made to feel special as you chat with the owner, Tony, and enjoy hearing him sing (as well as others who may happen to be there that evening and some talented servers!) current and classic favorites. A large, two-sided stone fireplace fills the room with ambience. Looking forward to many more great evenings here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been here many times.BrigidandJimDined on 12/7/2013We have been here many times. The night we dined the food and entertainment were exceptional. We really enjoyed listening to the female singerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/6/2013My friends from Mexico City were visiting, and i decided to take them there. We had a group of 13 people, and let me tell you that the waiter we had was just a sweetheart. BEST SERVICE EVER!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Retro DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2013If you're looking for ambience and menu items from 30 years ago, this is the place.
- Treated like a kingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2013We had fun at the bar, sat down for dinner and was it good. But then the owner Tony starting signing and sang to everyone , but came to our table and sang to us. My wife loved it. The food was very good and served hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was excellent. WaiterpussycatDined on 8/9/2013Service was excellent. Waiter a charm. Food was good but not as good as in prior years.Special Features:
- Excellent experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/3/2013We made the reservation about midday on Saturday and were so pleasantly surprised when we walked in and were greeted by a delicious smell of garlic. The rest of the evening proceeded beautifully. My family and I were visiting the area and had no idea what to expect. It turned into one of the best dining experiences ever! The service was terrific, the food amazing and the singing incredible! Thank you Tony Spavones!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anytime food.capoDined on 6/16/2013Good food, good service and a friiendly atmosphere. Owner there most of the time and is very congenial to his customers. A special ocassion or anytime ocassion is well suited for Spavones. Have a very nice party room..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was very disappointed inluv2dineVIPDined on 6/9/2013I was very disappointed in Tony Spavones on this visit. The waiter was not very friendly and I thought was just plain rude. The food was nothing special to me either. I will probably not look to return for a future visit.
- Very good Italian diningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/8/2013The food was very good! The restaurant has been around a long time and continues its tradition of the owner serenading guests. It was a nice change from the usual dining experience. The service was a little slow but everything we ate/drank was very good.Special Features:
- Excellent Italian food andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/8/2013Excellent Italian food and singing entertainment along with occasional walk-in entertainer/comedian.Special Features:
- Great Food and EntertainingOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/1/2013Not Only was the Food Excellent the Owner Sings! With a Terrific Sound System He Sings Everyones Favorite Old Tunes and Invites People to Sing with him or alone with an Open Mic Concept!! A Hidden GemSpecial Features:
- Good Italian in Bloomingdale ILWFNJDinerVIPDined on 5/22/2013Lots of garlic on the freshly made still-warm rolls, salad was good ablit way over-dressed. Husband had Eggplant parm which was good, I had Veal Marsala which was also good. Appetizers were whole baked clams - very good & Arancini (Rice Balls) served with a sweet marinara sauce. They were good but would have preferred a stronger gravy. We were visiting the area so not sure about returning...photos in lobby of so many celebs you will most definitely recognize. A place that was once probably the toast of the area...way better that some stuffy hotel restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and FunChaucersdogVIPDined on 5/18/2013We left Tony Spavones commenting how we could not remember having so much fun going out to eat. The food was very good. The entertainment was exceptional. We will be back -- again and again.Special Features:
- long drive Tony wasn't thereTHalDined on 5/11/2013long drive Tony wasn't there that night. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We took too long to get thereBuckysmasterDined on 3/30/2013My wife's uncle told us about Spavone's a few years back and we finally were in the neighborhood and had a chance to try it out. My only regret is that we waited so long to get there. We really enjoyed ourselves with the wonderful food, the excellent wait staff,and the entertainment. We will go back and take some family with us.Special Features:
- Atmosphere and food excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/30/2013Atmosphere and food excellent. Ambiance special with singing by Tony Spavone and server Kelly. Party of four would recommend Chicken Vesuvio, Shrimp and Broccoli, and Tony's Veal Special. Very, very, enjoyable!Special Features:
- Don't pay attention to ANYOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/13/2013Don't pay attention to ANY negative reviews!! My entire family has been dining at Tony Spavones for over 20 years and have NEVER had a bad experience. Tony's singing adds to the ambiance of the entire dining experience. Great service (thank you Tony Pace), marvelous food, lifting our glasses and singing along with Tony, and top the evening off with an after dinner drink or cappuccino and it truly takes me back to dining in our favorite restaurants in Italy. We chose Tony Spavones on this particular evening for a gathering of long-time friends, couldn't have picked a better place. We now plan to meet there every few months.Special Features:
- Delightful Food and Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/9/2013Service was delightful and so was the food! We had the Eggplant stuffed with Ricotta appetizers - delicious and appetizing; thoroughly enjoyable Bean, Escarole, and Sausage soup and then I had the absolutely fabulous Mushroom Risotto, while my sister had the mouth-watering Lobster Ravioli in a Vodka Cream Sauce. Our Server was professional, friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, we had to make a movie and couldn't linger for dessert.Special Features:
- Lots of fun for families orOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/9/2013Lots of fun for families or groups. Tony sings and gets people involved.Special Features: