1212 Waugh Drive
Houston, TX 77019Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tonymandolas.com/
- Phone: 7135283474
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Cajun
- Executive Chef: Tony Mandola
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cocktails, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Tony Mandola’s has been catering special events for the last 3 decades and our restaurant has done everything from luncheons for 20 to rehearsal dinners for 1000 people. We can prepare items from our menu or almost any style of food you would like and you can be assured it will be the same quality you will find at Tony Mandola's restaurant. Formal or casual, indoors or out, Tony Mandola's Catering.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer off site facilities.
- Private Party Contact: Jeremy Retzlaff 7135283474
- Special Events: Tony Mandola's has dedicated private dining space to accommodate virtually any type of event. Our new banquet room can be arranged in a variety of configurations and features state-of-the-art audio and video components. We also have a private outdoor courtyard that can be enjoyed by you and your guests. Please contact us to discuss your private dining needs by calling us.
A word from Tony Mandola's
We take great pride in serving what we think is some of the best food on the Gulf Coast. Everything is homemade fresh in our kitchen daily. Many of our dishes are our Mama’s recipes. With my basic training from Mama, I've gone on to create a sizeable repertoire of recipes of my own. God Bless Mama and God Bless you for your patronage. Tony MandolaContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tony Mandola's reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (14)neighborhood gem (13)good for groups (11)special occasion (11)great for lunch (10)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (4)romantic (4)great for brunch (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- MIguelDined on 10/11/2014The red snapper tasted descent and it was well presented. What really disappointed me was the Sicilian salad, it did not have anything that was described on the menu such as olives, tomatoes, mix greens and the dressing was a pseudo sweet/Italian dressing I did not care for. To me that 's not Italian. Wine selection is very poor. On top of all that, you are too expensive for what you putting out. This is a $$ value restaurant not $$$. I can get 3 times better than TM from Pappas for almost the same or less and please... do not get confuse, Money it is not an objection on my agenda.
- NeighborDined on 10/4/2014As usual Great Food and Service. A special thanks to the hostess. She even got us the table we wanted.Special Features:
- SSCOTTVIPDined on 10/3/2014Service lacked due to a 80 person wedding party per our server...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice for lunch or dinnerdebhallDined on 10/3/2014I came back for Soup Tomas which is unique to this restaurant as far as I know. It is basically a shrimp version of tortilla soup without the cheese and a more kick than the average dish. I had the Sicilian salad as well. I was eating light on purpose and yet was able to eat a meal that fired on all cylinders. My dining companion had the veal picatta, one of my favorite dishes. She was pleased. We were able to get in and out in a timely manner and make a play at the University.Special Features:
- Great food with a flairs of flavor.BigjohncarpVIPDined on 9/30/2014The different entre's all have wonderful flavor and flair. The freshness of the seafood is outstanding. The appetizers are just the beginning of a great meal. Service by all the staff if unparalleled. Enjoyed the entire stay at Mandolas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great In-town RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/29/2014Fun. Good food. Good service. We had a great time. The person I was with had never been there before & she's going to bring her family there this Sunday. I guess that says it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, Quality Seafood RestaurantRickPVIPDined on 9/29/2014Quality dining in an unpretentious restaurant with great service. You can be comfortable having a casual meal with friends or more formal dining with business associates. Many of the waiters have been with the Mandola family for years and are top notch - personable and knowledgeable and very attentive. The building design and interior decor has a bit of a New Orleans theme, which makes it more festive. It also has a very nice bar area.Special Features:
- Seafood OutstandingCalorieHunterDined on 9/28/2014The Shrimp Scampi were fabulous. And so was the Calamari.Special Features:
- Mandolas good as alwaysbattmanDined on 9/27/2014Once again Mandolas was wonderful. The menu offers something for everyone in my family of four. This night, the food was good but the service was great.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2014The visit was strangely quiet. Not many people there. Food and service was great as usual.
- Our waiter Michael was greatMac59Dined on 9/24/2014We like the seafood enchiladas - had them as an appetizer for three people last Wednesday and split them accordingly. Our entrees were excellent, too. I have also attended several business/group gatherings in the back room. They worked out very well... service, food, etc.Special Features:
- The following 913 reviews are from the Tony Mandola's reviews archive.
- Very Nice Birthday DinnerRikkaDined on 11/4/2013For the second year in a row, we chose Tony Mandola's for my birthday dinner. Food and service were great. We live near San Francisco but nearly always spend my birthday in Houston for business reasons. They did not disappoint me or my guests at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experience.LocalDinerDined on 11/3/2013Tony Mandola's was a pleasant experience. The food was good and the setting was nice. I would return.Special Features:
- We love Tony Mandola's. TheJMG2012Dined on 11/1/2013We love Tony Mandola's. The gumbo and crawfish ravioli is our favorite and we try to get down from The Woodlands at least once a month. I have to say that our last waiter seemed to be rushing us through our meal but I feel that this was atypical. Sunday brunch is so much fun b/c there is live music that is memorable.Special Features:
- Not the best experience we'vemdbroDined on 10/29/2013Not the best experience we've had at Tony Mandola's - service was a bit off having to ask repeatedly for bar service, and I felt my fish was a bit overcooked. But in all, the evening was nice.Special Features:
- Tony Mandola's sports a greatLarryCosgroveDined on 10/27/2013Tony Mandola's sports a great wine list, terrific food, and excellent (fast, friendly) service. The restaurant has kind of an "old school" ambiance that you find in some eateries in New York or Philadelphia. You will hear laughter, sports conversations, and lounge type music. Seating is often fast, and valet parking provided. Try the crab/shrimp quesadillas and the crawfish ravioli, both excellent choices.Special Features:
- The waiter was excellent however,HtownpasstimeVIPDined on 10/26/2013The waiter was excellent however, our first impression with the Hostess that seated us was very disappointing. She does not have the personality to receive/welcome patrons.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Good with a CaveatRandyDined on 10/25/2013Mandola's does not disappoint. The service is impeccable and the seafood is good. However, the quality of shrimp used in the Sopa Tomas has gone down. The shrimp were somewhat translucent with little body to them. Everything else was great as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time dinner winnerRobertDined on 10/21/2013Took the wife here for her birthday and it was great. The food is super fresh and the service is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual diningalexVIPDined on 10/20/2013Much more casual than expected. Food was good, but not a place for private party or romantic evening. Just too casual.
- Sunday Brunch gemSpecialPDined on 10/20/2013The fried chicken at Sunday brunch is not to be missed. Great patio, wonderful service, awesome food....it doesn't get any better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Started off with the "offOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/19/2013Started off with the "off menu" calamari ala mama [fried calamari that is in a spicy lemon butter sauce with peppers]--be sure to ask for extra bread so that you can sop up the sauce. Then went with Mama's Shrimp and Crab Spaghetti [affectionately known as TNT since it is discounted on Tuesdays and Thursdays]. Found a decent Pinot Grigio off the wine list and enjoyed a very nice Saturday supper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacecrockecDined on 10/17/2013Great place for a business lunch, lunch with friends or to dine with the family and friends. Great food and great service. I have been coming to Mando;a's for many years and I see a lot of the same faces on the service team which says a lot about the management group. I also see a lot of the same customer faces and a lot of new faces. Definitely a strong recommended place to meet.Special Features:
- Seafood extrodinaireBigjohncarpVIPDined on 10/16/2013Best, freshest seafood in Houston! Great variety of sauces!!! Great Ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Lunch SpotLightHoneyDined on 10/16/20132 of my friends & I always meet annually for our birthday lunch at Tony Mandola's. We simply love the experience. Tony always comes to speak personally when he's there. The chocolate martinis are our favorite drink!Special Features:
- Business Guest with SpouseDaveCDined on 10/15/2013Everything was handled impeccably and the server extended himself to please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/14/2013Quite nice, food very good though left feeling thirsty (not sure if salt or msg). Majority chose fish which as recommeded by other reviewers was very good. Service indeed excellent - only thing was that since we were celebrating a birthday - thought our one dessert might be on the house - but was not - guess we are too spoiled by other restaurants! Would definitely recommend as an excellent seafood restaurant - not many of this quality in Houston. Almost forgot - their gumbo was terrific - luscious and thick with lots of seafood bits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday PM; 10-12-2013AlanDined on 10/12/2013Late evening arrival. Pleasantly accommodated. Waiter (Clay) and colleagues maintained timely and attentive service at dinner and through until our late departure. Crab cakes appetizer was delicious and hot. Oysters NOT well-received: not freshly fried (arrived at cool room temperature) and oily crust. This one relatively minor fault should not have happened though, to be fair, as it was late, we did not raise the issue so there was no opportunity afforded to the kitchen to make the oysters right. The fish and ravioli main dishes were brilliant; met and exceeded every expectation: beautiful, flavorful, tender, hot... perfect. Will return for more.Special Features:
- DINING AT ITS FINISTMurphy100904VIPDined on 10/5/2013Having been here before, we knew we would not be disappointed. I can say only excellent things about this restaurant from the service to the food to the overall feel that this is a restaurant where they make you feel like you want to be there again and again. Our waiter Michael was great: super attentive and very knowledgeable about the menu and recommendations. The entire staff works great together. I actually commented that it seemed like a "tag-team" between them. The evening was great from start to finish. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special TreatSARYDined on 10/4/2013I have always enjoyed the seafood dishes at Tony Mandolas Seafood Kitchen. I absolutely love the new site. The staff are very efficient and polite yet friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome experiencejohnnygjrVIPDined on 10/3/2013Been driving past this place for years. Had no idea how awesome it was. I've found a new treasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was OK, Service was greatNeosconaDined on 10/1/2013We sat outside, serenaded by Grackles for half an hour. The street noise is a bit of a distraction, but we still enjoyed the outdoor setting. The service was excellent: attentive and accurate. The food was OK, but not up the the restaurant's reputation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great...all the way around!guil3Dined on 9/28/2013Tony Mandola's is just the best, first class service, complimentary valet, great atmosphere whether you are dressed to the nines or just casual. Your are treated first class, regardless of "who" you are. Everyone is a special guest at this establishment and is treated as such. Oh and by the way......the food is phenomenal!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencewoodyDined on 9/28/2013thanks for making our anniversary a wonderful occasion! my wife and i were extremely happy with our time at tony mandolas! we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisingMaryPDined on 9/28/2013This restaurant has been around for many years but was our first visit. Service was great and food really surprising. Some of the best seafood around and not outrageously priced. Enjoyed it greatly and will be back. Good choice of wines by the glass.Special Features:
- Always great for dinner w/ friendsCharDined on 9/28/2013We went back to Tony Mandola's this weekend for dinner with some good friends and it was fabulous as always! Food was excellent as well as wine selection! Tony was in the house, so he came to our table to welcome us and see how our dinner was going. It felt like home running into several co-workers and their spouses who had not seen in a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious SeafoodDinerHLMVIPDined on 9/24/2013This was a delicious meal! Excellent dark roux seafood gumbo! The choices of snapper dishes (one of the best fish on earth) was superb. My date and I both tried snapper dishes, and both were excellently prepared! The jalapeno stuffed shrimp were good, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Experiencetdc4058Dined on 9/20/2013The Service was Outstanding. Very attentive. The food was delectable. Everything was cooked perfectly and the flavor was spot on! Thank you for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New Orleans Style EateryRobertDined on 9/19/2013The food and the atmosphere are great. You feel like you are in a fine eatery in New Orleans. Great Gumbo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the things that TonyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/17/2013One of the things that Tony Mandola's gained by the move to his own building was a larger kitchen that can handle more catering events. One of the occasional downsides of that is coming to the restaurant at the peak of one of those events being held in the side "event" rooms. Parking becomes a mess. The noise level escalates even higher. And frankly the service suffers a little. While we still enjoyed our usual favorites, we just wish we had chosen a night where they were not hosting a large political fundraising event.Special Features: