1212 Waugh Drive
Houston, TX 77019Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tonymandolas.com/
- Phone: (713) 528-3474
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Cajun
- Executive Chef: Tony Mandola
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cocktails, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Tony Mandola’s has been catering special events for the last 3 decades and our restaurant has done everything from luncheons for 20 to rehearsal dinners for 1000 people. We can prepare items from our menu or almost any style of food you would like and you can be assured it will be the same quality you will find at Tony Mandola's restaurant. Formal or casual, indoors or out, Tony Mandola's Catering.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer off site facilities.
- Private Party Contact: Jeremy Retzlaff 7135283474
- Special Events: Tony Mandola's has dedicated private dining space to accommodate virtually any type of event. Our new banquet room can be arranged in a variety of configurations and features state-of-the-art audio and video components. We also have a private outdoor courtyard that can be enjoyed by you and your guests. Please contact us to discuss your private dining needs by calling us.
A word from Tony Mandola's
We take great pride in serving what we think is some of the best food on the Gulf Coast. Everything is homemade fresh in our kitchen daily. Many of our dishes are our Mama’s recipes. With my basic training from Mama, I've gone on to create a sizeable repertoire of recipes of my own. God Bless Mama and God Bless you for your patronage. Tony MandolaContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Tony Mandola's - Best Restaurants in River Oaks ›
Tony Mandola's reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (45)special occasion (43)neighborhood gem (42)fit for foodies (41)great for lunch (35)great for outdoor dining (24)hot spot (19)great for brunch (15)notable wine list (15)romantic (15)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- Had to check out Tony Mandola'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014I noted good reviews of Tony Mandola's on the Best of Houston. We decided to visit for brunch on Sunday and I easily made my reservations online. We were seated at a table along the windows next to the doors to the patio. Sitting there we thought we had the best of both worlds - the fresh air of the patio and the music of the DJ. We expected to order off the brunch menu but were also given the main menu. I ordered the Scottish Salmon with the Tomas topping of lump crab meat along with the Scicilian salad. The salmon was grilled to perfection and the crab meat was delicious. My husband ordered the Mahi Mahi with the Martha topping and claimed that it was delicious. We paired the fish with the Kendall-Jackson Chardonney. The service was excellent and the staff were attentive and respectful. We will definitely go back to Tony Mandola's and recommend the restaurant to our friends. There seemed to be ample parking and you have a choice of self or valet parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/20145 friends went for first time Sunday brunch. All our dishes, from fried chicken to crepes were delicious and the server was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/22/2014One of our favorite restaurants. We are never disappointed. Food and service exceptional as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!! Class act!!guil3Dined on 11/22/2014Great food, great atmosphere, flawless service....the Mandola family cannot be beat! The Spedini is the BEST appetizer.....oysters were fresh and phenomenal.....martinis, vino, entrees....exquisite from start to finish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another enjoyable evening at Tony's....MichelleDined on 11/21/2014This is the second time we have eaten here, and it was just as fantastic as the first time! This time we had our three children with us, the youngest being 11 and they thoroughly enjoyed their meals, especially the desserts!!! I would recommend the oyster trio, salmon Sofia or the trout; the boys said their steaks were really tender and tasty. I would also highly recommend a bottle of Jordan Cabernet to accompany your meal too 😉 The wait staff are attentive, pleasant and professional. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great.RevlimiterVIPDined on 11/21/2014Food was very good, as usual. However, sevice was not up to par for Tony Mandola's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely BrunchSisterSarahDined on 11/16/2014The place was busy but not crowded. French toast was epic, so good. We ended up ordering 4 entrees for 3 people because there were so many things we wanted to try. Grand Slam mimosas by the pitcher are very nice as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a date nighteel111Dined on 11/15/2014We came here for a nice, but not too fancy date night. It was good, the food was good, but not amazing. The service was good, and we enjoyed it overall. The decaf coffee we had at the very end was very bitter, and the cream they gave me had turned, so I had to send my coffee back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Service From EveryoneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014I have always been treated with utmost respect & patience each & every time I have visited. Everyone from the front desk,, waiters, servers to the valet team. If you have a certain time you have to leave for the Opera, Symphony, TUTS or Broadway, etc., just tell your waiter when you arrive & the waiters/servers/kitchen staff will do everything to make certain your orders will be ready. Food is always fresh & delicious. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the best aroundSamHoustonVIPDined on 11/14/2014Know it gets crowded at night, but best time to go to Tony Mandola's is at lunch. Get a cup of gumbo and a special dish. Save room for those desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/9/2014Started with calamari ala mama--fried calamari tossed in a roasted pepper garlic butter sauce [be sure to ask for bread so that you can sop up all the sauce]. Then we each had the shrimp and crabmeat spaghetti--a good balance of seafood, sauce and pasta--which comes with a choice of house or caesar salad. TIP: You won't be able to use OpenTable, but there is a terrific Happy Hour menu available at the bar only from 2-6 Monday - Friday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningFriendsDined on 11/7/2014Service was fantastic to go along with the great food. We will definitely be back. Started off the holiday season with a group of close friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Seafoodmcsingh2922VIPDined on 11/7/2014Came here with two other people and decided to share everything so that we could try different things (and because we weren't all that hungry). We started with an order of two half-dozen baked oysters (one of the spinach topping and one with the shrimp and bacon topping). Both were really good. We then decided to split an order of the blackened red snapper with the recommended topping (forgot the name) and an order of the ravioli. Not gonna lie, two entrees were actually more than enough for three men -- especially because the ravioli plate is so big. Both dishes were really good, but the unanimous decision was that the ravioli took the trophy for the best entree of the night, and it was definitely the best ravioli we had ever had.Special Features:
- GREAT GREAT GREATMJLFROGVIPDined on 11/6/2014Tony has a fine establishment!! The gumbo is the best in Houston - crab cake no slouch. Oysters Damian a treat. Cocktails are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/2/2014As a group of four (with two out-of-towners from Boston) we each had a fish dish. Our guests had specifically wanted to taste 'Gulf Coast' style of cooking. All of us were well-pleased with the flavors and presentations. Our waiter did a pretty good job of handling us plus a large family table adjacent. We like Mandola's because we find a reliable place to take guests (and ourselves) for an enjoyable meal. We don't like surprisesI would recommend this to a friend.
- AlwaysVIPDined on 11/1/2014Outstanding food. Service was a little harried. but very competent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014Complimentary valet is always nice! Russ, our server, was very helpful in deciding a wine pairing, as well as very knowledgeable on the menu and specials they were having that evening. Not having been there before, he had casually made conversation with us to determine how comfortable we were with the menu. Italian, creole, seafood fusion is how I would describe the menu. Crab bisque and scallops were amazing, everything else was comparable to what you may expect. I sensed that it is an everyday restaurant for those that live in the area, or have higher disposable income, but still great for a date night or special occasion. Only minor negative, was that they did not do anything special knowing that it was an anniversary dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!!MichelleDined on 11/1/2014Everything about Tony Mandola's was perfect, the food, the ambiance, the wine and port, and the wait staff! One of the best meals and nights out we've had in a long time, we will definitely go back. I would highly recommend :)Special Features:
- Eat before TheaterfabfoodDined on 11/1/2014We go here before our performance at Stages. We can go early and get out quick - giving us plenty of time to get to the theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Houston InstitutionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014Tony Mandola's Gulf Coast Kitchen has been around along time! The food is second-to-none! Treat yourself!Special Features:
- GREAT QUALITY FOODBkbkVIPDined on 10/30/2014Great food & excellent service in a beautiful setting.Special Features:
- luv2golfVIPDined on 10/29/2014One of the best restaurants in Houston! Business dinnner & my guests from Chicago loved the food. Gulf Coast oysters were some of the best I 've had. Wine list included unique brands with reasonable prices. Service was excellent. Definitely on my list for entertaining customers as well as personal events.Special Features:
- OutstandingRandyDined on 10/28/2014Great dining experience ! My group enjoyed all aspects of Tont Mandola's. The fodd and service were first class.Special Features:
- Old favoriteHoustonfella67Dined on 10/25/2014Tony Mandola's is my favorite Houston restaurant. Much hipper and flashier restaurants have come and gone and are opening all of the time in Houston, many with noted chefs. Tony's is a warm, friendly, attractive restaurant with excellent service and quality gulf style seafood and pastas.Special Features:
- Disappointed with our service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Non attentive waiter. We had two birthdays at our table and advised the hostess, but they forgot.Special Features:
- Best in Class ScallopsBeaglemeVIPDined on 10/23/2014Enjoyed a recent business lunch. My client wanted to go to Tony Mandola's as it is one of his favorite local restaurants. He says the scallops are "best in class" as good as any in Houston ! My chicken "Parm" was delicious as well. I will come back with clients again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food...GoodEatsDined on 10/22/2014Great food, great atmosphere, will definitely go back for dinner and it looks like a cool place for happy hour!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mandola'sEatOutRightDined on 10/19/2014Tony Mandola's restaurant is consistently quality food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingMyreviewsDined on 10/18/2014Wanted to try a new spot, date night with my wife. Food was ok, but nothing special. Thought it was overpriced for what you get. The waiter was horrible, he paid more attention to his other tables and seemed disconnected. They were not even that busy. Will stick with my other tried and true spots in town.
- Great food, marginal serviceTwoTallDined on 10/18/2014Great food that Mandolas is known for. Service, marginal at best. Tables next to us served by the same waiter got lots of attention due to ordering bottles of wine, oysters etc. We did not and had to ask for service from the waiter. In fact he made it known that he was not interested. So, if you you are not spending lots on dinner, plan to be ignored.Special Features:
- Wishon2Wishon2Dined on 10/17/2014Great service! They brought me the wrong plate which I had never had before and when our waiter saw what I had he went back into the kitchen and delivered my order himself and said to please enjoy them both. I had seafood coming out my ears, but very delighted sampling both entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MIguelDined on 10/11/2014The red snapper tasted descent and it was well presented. What really disappointed me was the Sicilian salad, it did not have anything that was described on the menu such as olives, tomatoes, mix greens and the dressing was a pseudo sweet/Italian dressing I did not care for. To me that 's not Italian. Wine selection is very poor. On top of all that, you are too expensive for what you putting out. This is a $$ value restaurant not $$$. I can get 3 times better than TM from Pappas for almost the same or less and please... do not get confuse, Money it is not an objection on my agenda.
- NeighborDined on 10/4/2014As usual Great Food and Service. A special thanks to the hostess. She even got us the table we wanted.Special Features:
- SSCOTTVIPDined on 10/3/2014Service lacked due to a 80 person wedding party per our server...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice for lunch or dinnerdebhallDined on 10/3/2014I came back for Soup Tomas which is unique to this restaurant as far as I know. It is basically a shrimp version of tortilla soup without the cheese and a more kick than the average dish. I had the Sicilian salad as well. I was eating light on purpose and yet was able to eat a meal that fired on all cylinders. My dining companion had the veal picatta, one of my favorite dishes. She was pleased. We were able to get in and out in a timely manner and make a play at the University.Special Features:
- Great food with a flairs of flavor.BigjohncarpVIPDined on 9/30/2014The different entre's all have wonderful flavor and flair. The freshness of the seafood is outstanding. The appetizers are just the beginning of a great meal. Service by all the staff if unparalleled. Enjoyed the entire stay at Mandolas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great In-town RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/29/2014Fun. Good food. Good service. We had a great time. The person I was with had never been there before & she's going to bring her family there this Sunday. I guess that says it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, Quality Seafood RestaurantRickPVIPDined on 9/29/2014Quality dining in an unpretentious restaurant with great service. You can be comfortable having a casual meal with friends or more formal dining with business associates. Many of the waiters have been with the Mandola family for years and are top notch - personable and knowledgeable and very attentive. The building design and interior decor has a bit of a New Orleans theme, which makes it more festive. It also has a very nice bar area.Special Features:
- Seafood OutstandingCalorieHunterDined on 9/28/2014The Shrimp Scampi were fabulous. And so was the Calamari.Special Features:
- Mandolas good as alwaysbattmanDined on 9/27/2014Once again Mandolas was wonderful. The menu offers something for everyone in my family of four. This night, the food was good but the service was great.Special Features: