1212 Waugh Drive
Houston, TX 77019Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tonymandolas.com/
- Phone: 7135283474
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Cajun
- Executive Chef: Tony Mandola
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cocktails, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Tony Mandola’s has been catering special events for the last 3 decades and our restaurant has done everything from luncheons for 20 to rehearsal dinners for 1000 people. We can prepare items from our menu or almost any style of food you would like and you can be assured it will be the same quality you will find at Tony Mandola's restaurant. Formal or casual, indoors or out, Tony Mandola's Catering.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer off site facilities.
- Private Party Contact: Jeremy Retzlaff 7135283474
- Special Events: Tony Mandola's has dedicated private dining space to accommodate virtually any type of event. Our new banquet room can be arranged in a variety of configurations and features state-of-the-art audio and video components. We also have a private outdoor courtyard that can be enjoyed by you and your guests. Please contact us to discuss your private dining needs by calling us.
A word from Tony Mandola's
We take great pride in serving what we think is some of the best food on the Gulf Coast. Everything is homemade fresh in our kitchen daily. Many of our dishes are our Mama’s recipes. With my basic training from Mama, I've gone on to create a sizeable repertoire of recipes of my own. God Bless Mama and God Bless you for your patronage. Tony MandolaContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tony Mandola's reviews from OpenTable diners
- Very Nice Birthday DinnerRikkaDined on 11/4/2013For the second year in a row, we chose Tony Mandola's for my birthday dinner. Food and service were great. We live near San Francisco but nearly always spend my birthday in Houston for business reasons. They did not disappoint me or my guests at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experience.LocalDinerDined on 11/3/2013Tony Mandola's was a pleasant experience. The food was good and the setting was nice. I would return.Special Features:
- We love Tony Mandola's. TheJMG2012Dined on 11/1/2013We love Tony Mandola's. The gumbo and crawfish ravioli is our favorite and we try to get down from The Woodlands at least once a month. I have to say that our last waiter seemed to be rushing us through our meal but I feel that this was atypical. Sunday brunch is so much fun b/c there is live music that is memorable.Special Features:
- Not the best experience we'vemdbroDined on 10/29/2013Not the best experience we've had at Tony Mandola's - service was a bit off having to ask repeatedly for bar service, and I felt my fish was a bit overcooked. But in all, the evening was nice.Special Features:
- Tony Mandola's sports a greatLarryCosgroveDined on 10/27/2013Tony Mandola's sports a great wine list, terrific food, and excellent (fast, friendly) service. The restaurant has kind of an "old school" ambiance that you find in some eateries in New York or Philadelphia. You will hear laughter, sports conversations, and lounge type music. Seating is often fast, and valet parking provided. Try the crab/shrimp quesadillas and the crawfish ravioli, both excellent choices.Special Features:
- The waiter was excellent however,HtownpasstimeVIPDined on 10/26/2013The waiter was excellent however, our first impression with the Hostess that seated us was very disappointing. She does not have the personality to receive/welcome patrons.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Good with a CaveatRandyDined on 10/25/2013Mandola's does not disappoint. The service is impeccable and the seafood is good. However, the quality of shrimp used in the Sopa Tomas has gone down. The shrimp were somewhat translucent with little body to them. Everything else was great as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time dinner winnerRobertDined on 10/21/2013Took the wife here for her birthday and it was great. The food is super fresh and the service is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual diningalexVIPDined on 10/20/2013Much more casual than expected. Food was good, but not a place for private party or romantic evening. Just too casual.
- Sunday Brunch gemSpecialPDined on 10/20/2013The fried chicken at Sunday brunch is not to be missed. Great patio, wonderful service, awesome food....it doesn't get any better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Started off with the "offOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/19/2013Started off with the "off menu" calamari ala mama [fried calamari that is in a spicy lemon butter sauce with peppers]--be sure to ask for extra bread so that you can sop up the sauce. Then went with Mama's Shrimp and Crab Spaghetti [affectionately known as TNT since it is discounted on Tuesdays and Thursdays]. Found a decent Pinot Grigio off the wine list and enjoyed a very nice Saturday supper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlacecrockecDined on 10/17/2013Great place for a business lunch, lunch with friends or to dine with the family and friends. Great food and great service. I have been coming to Mando;a's for many years and I see a lot of the same faces on the service team which says a lot about the management group. I also see a lot of the same customer faces and a lot of new faces. Definitely a strong recommended place to meet.Special Features:
- Seafood extrodinaireBigjohncarpVIPDined on 10/16/2013Best, freshest seafood in Houston! Great variety of sauces!!! Great Ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Lunch SpotLightHoneyDined on 10/16/20132 of my friends & I always meet annually for our birthday lunch at Tony Mandola's. We simply love the experience. Tony always comes to speak personally when he's there. The chocolate martinis are our favorite drink!Special Features:
- Business Guest with SpouseDaveCDined on 10/15/2013Everything was handled impeccably and the server extended himself to please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/14/2013Quite nice, food very good though left feeling thirsty (not sure if salt or msg). Majority chose fish which as recommeded by other reviewers was very good. Service indeed excellent - only thing was that since we were celebrating a birthday - thought our one dessert might be on the house - but was not - guess we are too spoiled by other restaurants! Would definitely recommend as an excellent seafood restaurant - not many of this quality in Houston. Almost forgot - their gumbo was terrific - luscious and thick with lots of seafood bits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday PM; 10-12-2013AlanDined on 10/12/2013Late evening arrival. Pleasantly accommodated. Waiter (Clay) and colleagues maintained timely and attentive service at dinner and through until our late departure. Crab cakes appetizer was delicious and hot. Oysters NOT well-received: not freshly fried (arrived at cool room temperature) and oily crust. This one relatively minor fault should not have happened though, to be fair, as it was late, we did not raise the issue so there was no opportunity afforded to the kitchen to make the oysters right. The fish and ravioli main dishes were brilliant; met and exceeded every expectation: beautiful, flavorful, tender, hot... perfect. Will return for more.Special Features:
- DINING AT ITS FINISTMurphy100904VIPDined on 10/5/2013Having been here before, we knew we would not be disappointed. I can say only excellent things about this restaurant from the service to the food to the overall feel that this is a restaurant where they make you feel like you want to be there again and again. Our waiter Michael was great: super attentive and very knowledgeable about the menu and recommendations. The entire staff works great together. I actually commented that it seemed like a "tag-team" between them. The evening was great from start to finish. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special TreatSARYDined on 10/4/2013I have always enjoyed the seafood dishes at Tony Mandolas Seafood Kitchen. I absolutely love the new site. The staff are very efficient and polite yet friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome experiencejohnnygjrVIPDined on 10/3/2013Been driving past this place for years. Had no idea how awesome it was. I've found a new treasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was OK, Service was greatNeosconaDined on 10/1/2013We sat outside, serenaded by Grackles for half an hour. The street noise is a bit of a distraction, but we still enjoyed the outdoor setting. The service was excellent: attentive and accurate. The food was OK, but not up the the restaurant's reputation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great...all the way around!guil3Dined on 9/28/2013Tony Mandola's is just the best, first class service, complimentary valet, great atmosphere whether you are dressed to the nines or just casual. Your are treated first class, regardless of "who" you are. Everyone is a special guest at this establishment and is treated as such. Oh and by the way......the food is phenomenal!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great experiencewoodyDined on 9/28/2013thanks for making our anniversary a wonderful occasion! my wife and i were extremely happy with our time at tony mandolas! we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisingMaryPDined on 9/28/2013This restaurant has been around for many years but was our first visit. Service was great and food really surprising. Some of the best seafood around and not outrageously priced. Enjoyed it greatly and will be back. Good choice of wines by the glass.Special Features:
- Always great for dinner w/ friendsCharDined on 9/28/2013We went back to Tony Mandola's this weekend for dinner with some good friends and it was fabulous as always! Food was excellent as well as wine selection! Tony was in the house, so he came to our table to welcome us and see how our dinner was going. It felt like home running into several co-workers and their spouses who had not seen in a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious SeafoodDinerHLMVIPDined on 9/24/2013This was a delicious meal! Excellent dark roux seafood gumbo! The choices of snapper dishes (one of the best fish on earth) was superb. My date and I both tried snapper dishes, and both were excellently prepared! The jalapeno stuffed shrimp were good, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Experiencetdc4058Dined on 9/20/2013The Service was Outstanding. Very attentive. The food was delectable. Everything was cooked perfectly and the flavor was spot on! Thank you for a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New Orleans Style EateryRobertDined on 9/19/2013The food and the atmosphere are great. You feel like you are in a fine eatery in New Orleans. Great Gumbo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the things that TonyOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/17/2013One of the things that Tony Mandola's gained by the move to his own building was a larger kitchen that can handle more catering events. One of the occasional downsides of that is coming to the restaurant at the peak of one of those events being held in the side "event" rooms. Parking becomes a mess. The noise level escalates even higher. And frankly the service suffers a little. While we still enjoyed our usual favorites, we just wish we had chosen a night where they were not hosting a large political fundraising event.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceSallyDined on 9/15/2013This is a great restaurant - excellent food and service. The menu is affordable with many meals under $20 but also many that were more expensive but very diverse menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best seafood in townLousycook503Dined on 9/14/2013Excellent food, great menu choices, wonderful service ... Cannot say enough good things about this place! GO now!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Make your evening perfectFlanmanDined on 9/14/2013My wife and I always enjoy eating here. Upon entering they found our reservation and seated up promptly. Everyone greeted us and throughout the evening managers made sure everything was going well. We told our waiter we had a show to be at by 8:00 so he timed the meal that we were having our check by 7:30, plenty of time to make our show. My wife had the special which she really enjoy and I ate off the menu which is always good. We have been here 4 times and have always enjoyed ourselves and will be coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Great Service!Kmd1Dined on 9/12/2013Our waiter Jaime was great! I have food allergies and he listened to my needs and wasn't bothered by them as some waiters. He suggested other options and spoke to the Chef to ensure my food was right for me. Be sure to ask for Jaime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/7/2013We wanted to go someplace close to the Stages Theater as we had tickets for 8. Tony's takes reservations, so we got in and out at the perfect time. The food was wonderful as well as the service and atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Your next Evening out..OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2013The first time we dined at Tony Mandolas, it was their last day on Gray St. The meal was fantastic and the owner had taken the time to talk to us about the new location and a little bit about the family since we were familiar with the winery. Since then, we promised ourselves we would return and we were not disappointed. The quality of food and attention to detail was outstanding. We would definitely recommend this restaurant for your next evening out on the town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/1/2013The Food was Amazing! Went for Brunch and had the Fried Chicken, Green Beans, and Mash potatoes. The chicken was "slap your mama" delicious. Great flavor and not ov er fried. The Green Beans were seasoned to perfection with garlic! My friend order the Seafood Crepes and loved it! The Banana Pudding was warm and moist...melted in my mouth!!! The restaurant had a Jazz band perform, and the lead singer was phenomenal! The lead singer was so friendly and welcoming. She went around to every table and sang to each person which was "Amazing!" She has a beautiful voice!!! I will definitey visit again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/1/2013The seafood is incredible, and the service even better. This weekend Jazz Brunch was unexpected but what a delight!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were a group of 8 and wereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2013We were a group of 8 and were in abit of a time crunch. Everyone really enjoyed all f their food and they got us served quickly and professionally. We all said we'd definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun EveningMaggieDined on 8/31/2013Houston has many great restaurants and Tony Mandola's is one of the best. I had weekend out-of-town guests and this was our first choice after the Mississippi State vs. OSU game. Reservations were made online and although we arrived early, seating was available. Our guests were impressed and it was a fun evening. The food was delicious as usual and our server was most helpful.Special Features:
- Probably better for a businessHM215VIPDined on 8/31/2013Probably better for a business lunch than a nice dinner, but invariably very nice. Great service. The gumbo pizza is an interesting concept, but not so great in practice.I would recommend this to a friend.