Tony Chan's Water Club
1717 N. Bayshore Drive, #131
Miami, FL 33132Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $30 and under
Tony Chan's Water Club
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.tonychans.com/
- Phone: 3053748888
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Contemporary Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Wai k Li
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Smaller catering order can be arranged at the same day. For the larger catering order, please arrange prior to the event date.
- Private Party Facilities: we could screen off part of the dinning room for private party of 20 people and up, but need to be arranged at least 3 days in advance. To use the entire restaurant for private party, we need at least one month to notify our regulars.
- Private Party Contact: Jenny Zhang 3053748888
- Special Events: For special events, please contact our banquet/catering specialist Jenny Zhang.
- Public Transit: Take Metro Mover, and get off Omni station, we are on 1717 N. Bayshore Drive, in the Double Tree Grand hotel.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We use Valet service in the DoubleTree Grand Hotel, we are able to validate parking for up to 3 hours, it will cost our guest $3.75. There are also self-parking on the street, and self-parking across the street in Omni Garage.
A word from Tony Chan's Water Club
20 years in operation since 1991 Tony Chan"s Water Club is an internationally renowned, Miami's premier Chinese Restaurant located inside the Doubletree Grand Hotel lobby, next to the beautiful Biscayne Bay and the Sealine Marina. All cooking is MSG free; every dish is cooked to order. We serve contemporary Hong Kong style Cantonese cuisine, it is the lightest among all major 8 regional cuisines in China, which means light in flavor, and also means light in salt and oil in take. And In addition to Chinese menu, we offer fresh, high quality fishes for sushi lovers, and we also offer a full service bar and an extensive wine list which has wide collections of domestic and international fine wines to enhance your dining enjoyment. Zagat Rated One of the top 10 fine dining Chinese restaurants in the USA--by USA TodayContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tony Chan's Water Club reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance2.8Noise LevelQuiet
good for groups (2)fit for foodies (2)special occasion (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Old style ChineseJSeatsVIPDined on 9/5/2014My first trip there, and somewhat what I expected. Very old school Chinese; attentive, but not totally pro, service. Interior a bit dingy, way too bright, the kind of place that was somewhat modern 20 years ago, with few changes visible. That said, while the soup appetizer was forgettable, the Peking duck was very good. We might return when in the mood for that style of "Chinese."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodNomNomNomVIPDined on 9/2/2014I was very pleasantly surprised with the quality and quantity of food at Tony Chan's. The sushi was very fresh and was perfectly made for the rolls. The honey chicken was amazing, and the fried rice was good.Special Features:
- Always great310LakesideVIPDined on 7/22/2014Best Chinese food in Miami. Great selection of dishes. Never disappointed with a meal after many times ordering different things. Service could be a little more friendly, but it's not bad. Withe the Restaurant.com voucher ($50 off $100), it's a great deal on top of that. Even without that, the prices aren't ridiculous and I will come back either way.Special Features:
- The following 51 reviews are from the Tony Chan's Water Club reviews archive.
- Loved ItOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2014I am a Chinese food junkie and eat it all the time. Tony Chans is now on the top of my list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honest ChineseOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/13/2014No MSG Chinese - food is good. Service is appropriate. Atmosphere has improved due to recent changes but still weak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/3/2014excellent food. the staff is very courteous, friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Chinese Food in Miami!!GourmanVIPDined on 5/1/2014We have been regulars here anytime we are in Miami. The food is by far the best Chinese food I have eaten thus far. The service is very attentative. The food is prepared in full view is their demo kitchen. Every item on the menu that I have tried has tasted good. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone, it is that good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice to have a visit hereHARDDO91VIPDined on 4/6/2014It will be a nice stop over here and checking out there varied menu. I really enjoy oriental dishes
- More water pleaseWaterboyVIPDined on 2/16/2014I had to get up from the table twice to get my own water while the staff sat at the bar eating. It wasn't as if we were the only table in the restaurant.Special Features:
- Another DisappointmentHousemouseVIPDined on 2/16/2014I ate here a few years ago and didn't think much of it. While attending the nearby Boat Show, I decided to give it another shot. This threadbare, depressing restaurant really failed to please once again. My experience started out badly when I ordered the Szechuan shrimp, the first item listed under seafood. My server told me point blank not to order it. He said most customers don't like it. I asked why, and he couldn't give me an answer. He said people just don't like it. He then proceeded to recommend another shrimp dish that was $8.00 more expensive. Destined to have spicy shrimp, I finally gave in and ordered that. It was fine, but nothing exciting. My seat next to the messy kitchen was no attraction, either. What a disappointment.
- Amazing Food & Drinks!DJnCJVIPDined on 2/10/2014The Food was outstanding, service was good & the staff was very friendly & all had a smile. It was our first night in Miami and we chose the restaurant because it was in the DoubleTree where we stayed. I didn't expect the quality of the service and meal we received and it was a great treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Probably never againAlbertVIPDined on 2/3/2014Have been to Tony Chan's 6 or 8 times over the past 10 years and usually enjoyed a great meal there. Four of us went the other night after not having been there for a year or two. The service was extreemly slow and unatenntative the whole night. The meals were tastless. When we brought it to the attention of the waiter and manager we were told to order our food differently the next time...if you decide to come back. We felt belittled and and will probably never go back. Can't figure out how a nornally great restaurant could do so little to please customers.
- Food lovely, service not graciousHarrietDined on 2/2/2014The food was excellent but the canned music was hard to take. The service was cometantt but not pleasant.Special Features:
- FOOD WAS VERY GOOD; SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2014FOOD WAS VERY GOOD; SERVICE COULD HAVE BEEN A LITTLE MORE ATTENTIVE. WE HAD A DEFECTIVE TABLE, AND THEY WOULD NOT CHANGE OUR SEATING BECAUSE THEY SAID ALL TABLES WERE RESERVED. ONE OF OUR DESSERTS WAS FROZEN, SO WE TOLD THEM ABOUT IT AND THEY TOOK IT OFF THE BILL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Oriental in MiamiHowardDined on 1/28/2014I always try and visit Tony Chan's when I'm in Miami. Has to be one of the best oriental restaurants in town and right on the water. This time I hosted a group of 17 creating a challenging table alignment but they handled it with ease. Chase took dinner orders from 18 people - got it perfect - and never wrote anything down! Just amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything deliciousBelahVIPDined on 1/16/2014Combination Japanese and Chinese restaurant but stay away from sushi if you are from NY. Spicey tuna mad with 1/10 tuna and fillers with strange sauce on top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatEcosseDined on 1/7/2014We traveled from Edinburgh and found this gem last year, and had to go back. Another fantastic meal and again watched our food cooked was great. Service was 10 star also wonderful gluten free.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingStacksDined on 12/31/2013Best and authentic chinese food!! They dont put msg in their food!! Only good spot for real chinese food in miami!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never ateDisappointedVIPDined on 12/25/2013We had made a 730 open table reservation. We arrived on time, and the bar was so crowded, we could hardly make our way to the hostess stand. She told us she had no idea when we would be seated. We decided it would probably be never, so we left. It was chaos.
- As usual my experience atAkaesqDined on 11/29/2013As usual my experience at Tony Chan's was excellent. The staff was afriendly abd attentive; the atmosphere was cool ; and the food was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food here is outstanding.ZAPHNEVIPDined on 11/17/2013The food here is outstanding. The service is not. We waited for 10 minutes and finally asked if we could have drinks. The guy who waited on us was totally disinterested. There were at least 3 people standing around and talking with each other rather than seeing to our needs. The place is very expensive. It uses really fine ingredients. The service should match the food!Special Features:
- open kitchenww29Dined on 11/7/2013Good food prepared right in front of you in the open kitchen. Quiet early evening dining.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were there last SaturdayfoodbuzzDined on 10/5/2013We were there last Saturday with my out of town friends and had a not so great experience. The starters was great. The Peking Duck was OK. The skin was not crispy as it should. The beef and broccoli was the best of the four. The lamb hotpot was OK. My steamed fish was powdery dry. Came with sauce that was not what I ordered. When I asked for my sauce, the runner delivered three times with a wrong sauce. The waiter was not anywhere near our tables after he took our order until the bill came!. Sure hope they can get back the food and service they used to have. This was the only Chinese restaurant I'd recommend to my friends (I am Asian)I am still going to come back and give them another chance. (and for the appetizers)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect before you hit South BeachE3murphyVIPDined on 8/24/2013I've been visiting this spot for a while, Always great and never let me down.Special Features:
- Tony Chan'skarenskaDined on 8/21/2013I've had better experiences at Tony Chan's several years ago but found this recent visit on the mediocre side. Spring rolls were greasy. Scallops didn't taste so good. I think they could use a makeover to help make the restaurant relevant in today's market.
- My husband and I have beenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/7/2013My husband and I have been frequenting Tony Chan's for twenty (20) years. The food is still the best Chinese food in Miami!Special Features:
- Tony Chan's is always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/16/2013Tony Chan's is always good and probable the best Chinese food in Miami.
- I was extremely underwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/15/2013I was extremely underwhelmed by the food here. The Peking duck was not good at all, in fact I would say it was poorly done. The wraps were made from only the skin and lettuce, giving it a thin, greasy flavorThe soup and subsequent stir fry that accompanied the duck were also terrible. Both bland and took all the flavor out of the duck. For a 50 dollar duck dish you would think they would have put a bit more effort in it. To top it off, the service was also substandard. Our waiter was very fast with us and hardly ever came by to check on our table. The check took another 20 minutes to get. Of the restaurants I have tried this week this ranks by far the lowest. It is too bad I really love Chinese food and had such high expecta
- I was disapointed in the WaterOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/16/2013I was disapointed in the Water Club. The hostess was MIA when we arrived and we waited for 10 minutes until she appeared. Spring rolls were soaking in grease, main course tenderloin was very tough, waiter was non-existent and we finally flagged down another waiter to clear our table, bring our check and run our card. Not a good experience.
- The best chinese food I'veOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013The best chinese food I've ever had hands down and me and my wife eat chinese when we got to new york all the time!!!!!Special Features:
- Wonderful eateryBelahVIPDined on 1/17/2013Had dinner with my 7 year old granddaughter. Food was delicious and waiters Guided us in our selection. Lobster Cantonese was the best I Ever hadSpecial Features:
- This was my first time inNenaVIPDined on 12/31/2012This was my first time in the restaurant and I want to go back. I like everything.Special Features:
- The Peking Duck for 2 wasmcfadden295VIPDined on 10/29/2012The Peking Duck for 2 was fantastic. Tip: order the soup that goes along with it for a small extra price!Special Features:
- All we can say is, if youOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012All we can say is, if you like Chinese food from time to time, this is the place! With view of the kitchen it's also entertaining and the Peking duck is REALLY something to enjoy! It's not a place for romantic dinners, but to enjoy a really good meal with the right company it's recommendable!Special Features:
- I had not been to Tony Chan'smgm4VIPDined on 10/13/2012I had not been to Tony Chan's since the 90's, but the the food was still great especially the Peking duck and salt and pepper shrimp. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- We were prepared to be "wowed"SusieBoVIPDined on 9/30/2012We were prepared to be "wowed" but found it was just "so-so". You could see the chef preparing your meals through the glass in the dining room and that was interesting but we found the service to be a bit slow and our foods weren't delivered as a "whole order" but rather when each was done. Therefore the other 3 and myself, all finished at different times. We weren't offered refills and had to ask for our check after waiting awhile. The restaurant is right on the water, so that was nice, also, but all in all...not a "must" see/do restaurant.Special Features:
- It's good to go in a groupOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2012It's good to go in a group so you get to share & taste other varieties. To starts I recommend the spring rolls & the delicious baked scallops and also the lettuce wraps of a choice of chicken or shrimp. It's a must to order the whole Peking Duck, which it comes in two courses. First course the duck skin wrapped in thin pancake with hoisin sauces & the second course the remainder of the duck meat is stir-fry in vegetable. The sea bass is wonderful which they steamed it & if you prefer meat try the clay pot or the orange beef. The best part is NO MSG. They do serve a sushi. Also have extensive wines from all over the world. You can see the open kitchen & it's clean & all the chefs with their white top chef hats cooking.Special Features:
- I never saw the bay or waterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2012I never saw the bay or water view. I asked for outdoors they told us they dont haveI thought it was an outdoor bay view. Services and food excelent! But not outdoors :(Special Features:
- Great for pre-Arsht CenterOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/24/2012Great for pre-Arsht Center dinner, and within walking distance. Food and ambiance are great. However, they don't really honor reservations, and didn't really pay attention to ours.
- this is one of our regularOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/26/2012this is one of our regular spots for the best Chinese Food in the Miami Area. The service, as in so many Chinese places, is not greatSpecial Features: