Tony & Joe's Seafood Place
3000 K. St. N.W.
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Tony & Joe's Seafood Place
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tonyandjoes.com/
- Phone: (202) 944-4545
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Stein
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our family owned and operated restaurant serves exceptional cuisine to groups of all sizes. From a party of 10 to a sellout of 500 or more, Tony and Joe’s has ample space to accommodate. Our River Room is a private space with a spectacular view of the Kennedy Center, and is equipped with a drop down projector screen and portable microphones. This room accommodates up to 120 people. Please contact Raquel Mercado for more details! email@example.com 202.944.4104
- Private Party Contact: Raquel Mercado 2029444104x
- Entertainment: LIVE JAZZ MUSIC every Sunday during our Jazz Brunch!
- Special Events: SUNDAY JAZZ BRUNCH
Served 11AM – 3PM / Featuring Live Jazz / Buffet is Served Inside Only
$35 without mimosas
$45 with mimisas
Last seating is at 2PM
•Smoked Norwegian Salmon
•Fresh Poached Salmon
•Smoked Rainbow Trout
•Omelets made to order (with crabmeat, shrimp, scallops & other items)
•Fresh Belgian Waffles
•Carved Ham, Roast Beef, Leg of Lamb
•New England Clam Chowder
•Oysters and Clams on the Half Shell
•Maryland Crab Soup
•Bacon & Sausage
•Corned Beef Hash
•Hash Brown Potatoes
•Assorted Breads & Bagels
•Assorted Salads (Fruit Salad, Tuna Salad, Potato Salad)
*subject to change
A word from Tony & Joe's Seafood Place
Tony & Joe's Seafood Place is a family-owned restaurant located in Georgetown's Washington Harbour, serving only the freshest seafood. Our dining room and spacious outdoor terrace offers sweeping views of the Potomac River, the Kennedy Center and the beautiful Washington Harbour fountains. Tony & Joe's Seafood Place is the perfect venue for private events, casual events, family events, birthdays, anniversaries, company events, bar mitzvahs and bridal showers. Tony & Joe's Seafood Place offers buffet style dining and a la carte dining.Continued
Reservations are for indoors only. Outdoor accommodations are all first come, first served.
Reservations are for indoors only. Outdoor accommodations are all first come, first served.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Tony & Joe's Seafood Place - Best Restaurants in Georgetown ›
Tony & Joe's Seafood Place reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (90)great for outdoor dining (82)good for groups (61)special occasion (54)romantic (38)hot spot (27)great for brunch (27)fit for foodies (26)vibrant bar scene (23)neighborhood gem (21)great for lunch (20)kid-friendly (12)notable wine list (10)late-night find (10)Show More
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/16/2014We came here for dinner after a performance at the Kennedy Center, and it was fantastic. I had a filet mignon, which was perfectly prepared, and my boyfriend had the diver scallops, which were the best I have had in a long time. The service was impeccable. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- weeknight business dinneranthonyVIPDined on 11/13/2014food was good. service not so hot. server kept dissapearing. no follow up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TJ's DiningBigBJDined on 11/12/2014Great spot, with Living Social deal, it was exceptional. Everything was easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll Sea your Bass and up the AnteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/9/2014Incredible flavors in perfect sized portions. My date and I enjoyed a bit of surf and turf to get a feel for both sides of the food spectrum and were pleasantly surprised (Sea Bass and Steak). He had never before tried sea bass and I knew he would love it if it were done right, and of course, it was. For a man who loves red meat, he was overtaken by the sea bass and is now a believer of choosing sea bass over red meat. He is already talking about our next dining experience at your restaurant and knows he is going to order the sea bass. I can't blame him, but I will also praise the steak because it was cooked to it's medium rare perfection. The side dishes (most pointedly the water spinach) were also amazing. No complaints here!Special Features:
- Georgetown Gemsk1952Dined on 11/8/2014Great ambiance, great food, great service! Waterfront view is wonderful. Very spacious room which makes conversation easy. Shared the filet mignon and the crab cakes. The filet was cooked perfectly and the crab cakes were amazing. If you can, save room for desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice venue for a night on th townClairDined on 11/8/2014I saw a deal for a three course meal on living social for $65. I have always walked passed this restraunt but never went in. (I usually go to Sequoia or Jacks Riverside Grill) I decided to buy the living social voucher. I went there at 7pm on a Saturday. The place was a little quiet except for a large group that was on the other side of the restraunt. I ordered the salmon. It was great. My date ordered the crab cakes. They were tasty as well. The service was just ok. Nothing spectacular. They were not slow in bringing out our orders. The only complaint I have at his restraunt is that there food is overpriced. It is good but not extraordinary. Without the voucher our dinner would have been $160! The main dishes range from $30-$40.Special Features:
- Excellent birthday mealtimjkellyDined on 11/8/2014Celebrated my wifes 30th birthday at the restaurant and thoroughly enjoyed our experience. The food was great and the ambiance was very nice as well. Sadly there was a particular loud table nearby, but they didn't interrupt things too bad (and the restaurant shouldn't be blamed for that). The service was great, but rather odd because it seemed as if a team of people were our waitstaff instead of just one waiter/waitress. This made it difficult to flag down the appropriate waiter if we needed something, but they were otherwise quite attentive and ready to help out. We really enjoyed ourselves and are looking forward to going back in the Spring when the outdoor seating should be open.Special Features:
- Perfect portions and flavorLuisDined on 11/8/2014We were in a rush for the opera an only had 45 minutes so we told the waiter. He made perfect recommendations with excellent flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than AnticipatedSevenKiloDined on 11/4/2014My husband and I had an event to attend at the House of Sweden and wanted dinner and drinks before. We made a reservation for inside, but the outside bar was open. We sat down and it was so nice. The bar was heated and they had awesome tables with fire pits and sofas. The food was very yummy and the wine delish. The bartender and the rest of the outside staff really made us feel special. We left saying that we are coming back for sure.Special Features:
- Terrible disappointmentFatherToadDined on 11/2/2014My wife and I planned a celebration at this well-reviewed restaurant. The host was nowhere to be found, a server seated us. We ordered crab soup, which was lukewarm and tasted like someone had emptied a can of Old Bay into a weak broth. I sent mine back, my wife bravely ate half of hers. Next I got the smoked fish platter, which was decent smoked fish and a bit of salad. My wife got the mushroom risotto, which was cooked rice (probably risotto rice, but it was hard to tell) on top of which was dumped some oily sauteed vegetables. After that we couldn't face anything else. The waitstaff comped my soup and offered to comp the risotto. They seemed morose and despondent, as if this sort of thing happens all the time.
- ServiceMikeBDined on 10/31/2014The restaurant was not very crowded. We were given a nice table near a window. However, . . . it took the waiter forever to get to us for drinks, to order and for the bill.Special Features:
- Great Sunday BrunchBarneyDined on 10/26/2014Great place for a Sunday brunch right on the river. Very scenic views, good food and very enjoyable. They have live music for the Sunday brunch which creates a great atmosphere. The selection of food for the brunch was vast ranging from waffles with any type of topping to fish and crabs not to be missed.Special Features:
- Great First DateSeafoodmanDined on 10/24/2014Took a date here for the first time because we wanted to be on the water and I requested to have a table with a view. Our reservation was for a later dinner and it was outstanding. We sat right by the window with a view of the water in the table I requested. We were there for about three hours and our waiters shift ended but another waitress come over and introduced herself. Overall was a great experience the food was pricey but very tasty and perfect for the occasion.Special Features:
- Wonderful Birthday CelebrationHappyMomDined on 10/24/2014We made reservations for 7 a surprise birthday celebration for our daughter. We sat by the window looking out at the river walk. The food was wonderful. The staff allowed us to bring our own birthday cake and our server presented it at the perfect time with the candles lit. It was a memorable night for us all and we thank them for making everything so special.Special Features:
- So much betterJJ70707Dined on 10/15/2014Tony & Joe's is undergoing a renaissance with the current chef and a revamped menu. The raw bar is outstanding - love the seafood tower, the oysters and clams on half shell have that super-clean fresh from the ocean taste. There are several superior entrees - the whole fried branzino was excellent, also love the chilean sea bass, cobia, and mahi mahi. Hayy to see this place stepping up its game and putting out food on par with the great river views.Special Features:
- Great Seafood!AngelaDined on 10/12/2014I always enjoy coming to Tony's and Joe's for their Jazz Brunch! The live Jazz is wonderful! The manager had the Chef cut me some fresh jalapenos for my omelet. The seafood omelets are the best expeciallly with fresh jalapeno peppers. The Oysters are always fresh, the Smoke Salmon, the assorted fruits and salads, the Breakfast items, and the Carving Stations. The food is always good. I will be going back.Special Features:
- helen1952Dined on 10/11/2014Great spot for seafood. The Maryland crab cakes were divine! Attentive service and a great location on the water made it a wonderful find.Special Features:
- Food wasn't greatSmwjackVIPDined on 10/11/2014For the one night I dedicated to seafood the good was really lackluster. I ordered the shrimp cocktail and the mahi mahi and was disappointed in both. I would not recommend nor would I go there again.Special Features:
- horriblehorribleDined on 10/4/2014Unsanitary, unorganized, horrible service. Jumbo shrimp cocktail is 4 medium sized shrimp on old lettuce. Bathroom unsanitary. Workers walking around having convos while holding people's food in hand laughing and breathing on it. The most average seafood place I've been to. Complete let down.
- Best Sunday BrunchgwilfongDined on 9/28/2014T & J's provides a great Sunday brunch that's not too relaxed nor too restricted... great location, great food, good price - I always love the live music; it's not too overpowering and fits well with the ambiance - the staff is not too engaging though; of the many times I've dined there, I have never noticed (or seen) the restaurant manager interacting with the customers - nevertheless, great place for diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014This was my first time to Tony & Joes and it didn't disappoint. I thought the service was excellent from the beginning to the end. I ordered the filet and it was cooked to perfection. The crab and shrimp dip was excellent as well. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We had a great time at Tony & Joe's. Food and service were very good and you can't beat the view. The downside (for us, anyway) was the boisterous bar and singles crowd. Rafting parties with VERY loud dance music, people making out all over the place and smoking. All in all, though, a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Beautiful ViewsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/16/2014Sits right on the water with beautiful views. Great for outdoor dining when the weather permits. Very good food with good size portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, terrible servicekatgracielaVIPDined on 9/13/2014Once they seated us, 15 minutes went by and no one took our drink order (or even brought a drink menu). I had to get up and find a waiter to come over to us and take our drink order, after which they finally came over. When our food was served, no one came to check in to see how it was. Again, we got up and found someone and asked him to get our waitress. No one brought up dessert menus so when we finally got our waitress to come over, we just asked for the check and left.Special Features:
- absolutely greattheseekerDined on 9/13/2014We came here with a group of 10 ppl on an amazing night with nice weather. Sat outside. The calamari is one of the best if not the best. Everything else we got was also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tony and Joe's Seafood PlaceMandarinDCGuestDined on 9/12/2014We went to Tony & Joe's on a Friday night in Spetember. The weather was beautiful and the sunset from the patio was lovely. This had a fun vibe and the seafood we had was good. I would consider it a fun all around place. Nothing too fancy or pretentious here. Great place to take a guest visiting DC.Special Features:
- MPNGourmetDined on 9/11/2014Excellent seafood & great gazpacho soup with crab. Smoked fish is outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just great!!!DeliciousDined on 9/9/2014Very nice place, awesome food, amazing service, my family just loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Hi, I enjoyed the brunch and hope the service staff will be more atttentive to the guest. Service was slow. The buffet was well stocked and the choices were plentiful.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great BarredsoxnowDined on 8/31/2014I really enjoyed my time. I had not visited Tony and Joes for about 20 years. Since they only served buffet inside we sat at the bar. Great drinks, great food, great bartender. Really enjoyed and will return next time I am in DC.Special Features:
- Beautiful DayHappyDined on 8/30/2014We lucked out with the weather.It was beautiful. Sat outside on the water front a breeze and good wait staff. The wines where good.I chose a salad Caesar with salmon and it was just Ok. Everyone else a party of 4 loved there meal.Maybe I should have picked something else to eat but for sure I will the next time we got there.Special Features:
- Not impressedFoodLoverDined on 8/25/2014I went with my fiancé to celebrate his b-day and I wasn't very impressed with the restaurant. I had made a reservation for a table with a nice view, and no table was reserved for me. When I asked if they could split one of the large tables into two small, so that we could have a nice view, they said they couldn't event though the restaurant was more than half way empty! (it was Monday night). I couldn't believe they just couldn't accommodate a nice table for us in this special occasion. Food was good, but not great for the price. They forgot to give us silverware, the server who brought our plates was kind of rude. They brought the entrée 2 min after the appetizer, so our food got cold. I wouldn't recommend this place for a special occasionSpecial Features:
- jdoggDined on 8/23/2014We ere seated promptly. The service to our table could have been a little quicker. I will go back there again. The view of the Potomac river was great even though it was raining for a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014This is the full Sunday brunch experience. Food aplenty, bottomless mimosas, killer view and jazz playing in the background. Not the cheapest, but definitely worth it.Special Features:
- DeliciousJennVIPDined on 8/16/2014This was our first visit, and definitely not our last! Our meals were fabulous and the service was good. We look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Favorite never stops satisfyingTimBVIPDined on 8/16/2014Always a perfect evening at Tony & Joe's. A table by the window to enjoy the view. The finest ingredients masterfully combined to please the palate. Took advantage of the Restaurant Week DC menu this time. Found no skimping here--only the finest presentation and a wonderful combination of choices. The crabcakes are always good, but particularly delicious this time. Tony & Joe's remains at the top of the list for the food, the vibrant atmosphere and the spectacular view. The service runs like clockwork.Special Features:
- Not greattungstenliningDined on 8/16/2014The service was extremely slow, and the food was decent, but not great. If it wasn't for the location near the water, I would probably never go there again.
- Great dining experience!Cjm12Dined on 8/15/2014Our group of five ladies had a wonderful experience at this restaurant. From the food to the service it was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good crab cakes!ZimcartellivingDined on 8/15/2014Had a good time here with great food. Drinks are over priced but that's expected in Georgetown right? The waiter I had was a little smug but idk maybe I'm a smart a*s I guess. But the food was amazing and no complaints there. Right on the waterfront so great for outdoor dining. Just good ambiance. Pretty pricey but not the priciest I have ever seen. It is what it is... You have to pay for good seafood in my opinion. Overall 4 out of 5 stars for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plusses and MinusesOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/15/2014Ate lunch outside on a beautiful summer's day. The stunning view of the river and local environs was marred by the smell of gasoline from the yachts tanking up and some mystery smell I would liken to a compost heap, both of which truly diminished the dining experience. Service was fair at best - business was brisk outside, though the vacant indoors meant that the restaurant was not that busy to account for indifference and forgetfulness. Restaurant Week lunch menu offered its biannual suspects: my dining companion loves the shrimp-and-grits and my crab cake sandwich with lukewarm fries and over-dressed cole slaw was mediocre. However, the salads were delicious (if a bit small) and the key lime pie was pure perfection.Special Features: