Tony & Joe's Seafood Place
3000 K. St. N.W.
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Tony & Joe's Seafood Place
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tonyandjoes.com/
- Phone: 2029444545x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Stein
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our family owned and operated restaurant serves exceptional cuisine to groups of all sizes. From a party of 10 to a sellout of 500 or more, Tony and Joe’s has ample space to accommodate. Our River Room is a private space with a spectacular view of the Kennedy Center, and is equipped with a drop down projector screen and portable microphones. This room accommodates up to 120 people. Please contact Raquel Mercado for more details! firstname.lastname@example.org 202.944.4104
- Private Party Contact: Raquel Mercado 2029444104x
- Entertainment: LIVE JAZZ MUSIC every Sunday during our Jazz Brunch!
- Special Events: SUNDAY JAZZ BRUNCH
Served 11AM – 3PM / Featuring Live Jazz / Buffet is Served Inside Only
$35 without mimosas
$45 with mimisas
Last seating is at 2PM
•Smoked Norwegian Salmon
•Fresh Poached Salmon
•Smoked Rainbow Trout
•Omelets made to order (with crabmeat, shrimp, scallops & other items)
•Fresh Belgian Waffles
•Carved Ham, Roast Beef, Leg of Lamb
•New England Clam Chowder
•Oysters and Clams on the Half Shell
•Maryland Crab Soup
•Bacon & Sausage
•Corned Beef Hash
•Hash Brown Potatoes
•Assorted Breads & Bagels
•Assorted Salads (Fruit Salad, Tuna Salad, Potato Salad)
*subject to change
A word from Tony & Joe's Seafood Place
Tony & Joe's Seafood Place is a family-owned restaurant located in Georgetown's Washington Harbour, serving only the freshest seafood. Our dining room and spacious outdoor terrace offers sweeping views of the Potomac River, the Kennedy Center and the beautiful Washington Harbour fountains. Tony & Joe's Seafood Place is the perfect venue for private events, casual events, family events, birthdays, anniversaries, company events, bar mitzvahs and bridal showers. Tony & Joe's Seafood Place offers buffet style dining and a la carte dining.Continued
Reservations are for indoors only. Outdoor accommodations are all first come, first served.
Reservations are for indoors only. Outdoor accommodations are all first come, first served.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Tony & Joe's Seafood Place - Best Restaurants in Georgetown ›
Tony & Joe's Seafood Place reviews from OpenTable diners
138 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (102)great for outdoor dining (85)good for groups (61)special occasion (51)romantic (34)vibrant bar scene (30)great for brunch (29)fit for foodies (28)hot spot (28)great for lunch (22)neighborhood gem (22)kid-friendly (15)notable wine list (12)late-night find (10)Show More
- So much betterJJ70707Dined on 10/15/2014Tony & Joe's is undergoing a renaissance with the current chef and a revamped menu. The raw bar is outstanding - love the seafood tower, the oysters and clams on half shell have that super-clean fresh from the ocean taste. There are several superior entrees - the whole fried branzino was excellent, also love the chilean sea bass, cobia, and mahi mahi. Hayy to see this place stepping up its game and putting out food on par with the great river views.Special Features:
- Great Seafood!AngelaDined on 10/12/2014I always enjoy coming to Tony's and Joe's for their Jazz Brunch! The live Jazz is wonderful! The manager had the Chef cut me some fresh jalapenos for my omelet. The seafood omelets are the best expeciallly with fresh jalapeno peppers. The Oysters are always fresh, the Smoke Salmon, the assorted fruits and salads, the Breakfast items, and the Carving Stations. The food is always good. I will be going back.Special Features:
- helen1952Dined on 10/11/2014Great spot for seafood. The Maryland crab cakes were divine! Attentive service and a great location on the water made it a wonderful find.Special Features:
- Food wasn't greatSmwjackVIPDined on 10/11/2014For the one night I dedicated to seafood the good was really lackluster. I ordered the shrimp cocktail and the mahi mahi and was disappointed in both. I would not recommend nor would I go there again.Special Features:
- horriblehorribleDined on 10/4/2014Unsanitary, unorganized, horrible service. Jumbo shrimp cocktail is 4 medium sized shrimp on old lettuce. Bathroom unsanitary. Workers walking around having convos while holding people's food in hand laughing and breathing on it. The most average seafood place I've been to. Complete let down.
- Best Sunday BrunchgwilfongDined on 9/28/2014T & J's provides a great Sunday brunch that's not too relaxed nor too restricted... great location, great food, good price - I always love the live music; it's not too overpowering and fits well with the ambiance - the staff is not too engaging though; of the many times I've dined there, I have never noticed (or seen) the restaurant manager interacting with the customers - nevertheless, great place for diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014This was my first time to Tony & Joes and it didn't disappoint. I thought the service was excellent from the beginning to the end. I ordered the filet and it was cooked to perfection. The crab and shrimp dip was excellent as well. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We had a great time at Tony & Joe's. Food and service were very good and you can't beat the view. The downside (for us, anyway) was the boisterous bar and singles crowd. Rafting parties with VERY loud dance music, people making out all over the place and smoking. All in all, though, a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Beautiful ViewsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/16/2014Sits right on the water with beautiful views. Great for outdoor dining when the weather permits. Very good food with good size portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, terrible servicekatgracielaVIPDined on 9/13/2014Once they seated us, 15 minutes went by and no one took our drink order (or even brought a drink menu). I had to get up and find a waiter to come over to us and take our drink order, after which they finally came over. When our food was served, no one came to check in to see how it was. Again, we got up and found someone and asked him to get our waitress. No one brought up dessert menus so when we finally got our waitress to come over, we just asked for the check and left.Special Features:
- absolutely greattheseekerDined on 9/13/2014We came here with a group of 10 ppl on an amazing night with nice weather. Sat outside. The calamari is one of the best if not the best. Everything else we got was also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tony and Joe's Seafood PlaceMandarinDCGuestDined on 9/12/2014We went to Tony & Joe's on a Friday night in Spetember. The weather was beautiful and the sunset from the patio was lovely. This had a fun vibe and the seafood we had was good. I would consider it a fun all around place. Nothing too fancy or pretentious here. Great place to take a guest visiting DC.Special Features:
- MPNGourmetDined on 9/11/2014Excellent seafood & great gazpacho soup with crab. Smoked fish is outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just great!!!DeliciousDined on 9/9/2014Very nice place, awesome food, amazing service, my family just loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Hi, I enjoyed the brunch and hope the service staff will be more atttentive to the guest. Service was slow. The buffet was well stocked and the choices were plentiful.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great BarredsoxnowDined on 8/31/2014I really enjoyed my time. I had not visited Tony and Joes for about 20 years. Since they only served buffet inside we sat at the bar. Great drinks, great food, great bartender. Really enjoyed and will return next time I am in DC.Special Features:
- Beautiful DayHappyDined on 8/30/2014We lucked out with the weather.It was beautiful. Sat outside on the water front a breeze and good wait staff. The wines where good.I chose a salad Caesar with salmon and it was just Ok. Everyone else a party of 4 loved there meal.Maybe I should have picked something else to eat but for sure I will the next time we got there.Special Features:
- Not impressedFoodLoverDined on 8/25/2014I went with my fiancé to celebrate his b-day and I wasn't very impressed with the restaurant. I had made a reservation for a table with a nice view, and no table was reserved for me. When I asked if they could split one of the large tables into two small, so that we could have a nice view, they said they couldn't event though the restaurant was more than half way empty! (it was Monday night). I couldn't believe they just couldn't accommodate a nice table for us in this special occasion. Food was good, but not great for the price. They forgot to give us silverware, the server who brought our plates was kind of rude. They brought the entrée 2 min after the appetizer, so our food got cold. I wouldn't recommend this place for a special occasionSpecial Features:
- jdoggDined on 8/23/2014We ere seated promptly. The service to our table could have been a little quicker. I will go back there again. The view of the Potomac river was great even though it was raining for a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014This is the full Sunday brunch experience. Food aplenty, bottomless mimosas, killer view and jazz playing in the background. Not the cheapest, but definitely worth it.Special Features:
- DeliciousJennVIPDined on 8/16/2014This was our first visit, and definitely not our last! Our meals were fabulous and the service was good. We look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Favorite never stops satisfyingTimBDined on 8/16/2014Always a perfect evening at Tony & Joe's. A table by the window to enjoy the view. The finest ingredients masterfully combined to please the palate. Took advantage of the Restaurant Week DC menu this time. Found no skimping here--only the finest presentation and a wonderful combination of choices. The crabcakes are always good, but particularly delicious this time. Tony & Joe's remains at the top of the list for the food, the vibrant atmosphere and the spectacular view. The service runs like clockwork.Special Features:
- Not greattungstenliningDined on 8/16/2014The service was extremely slow, and the food was decent, but not great. If it wasn't for the location near the water, I would probably never go there again.
- Great dining experience!Cjm12Dined on 8/15/2014Our group of five ladies had a wonderful experience at this restaurant. From the food to the service it was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good crab cakes!ZimcartellivingDined on 8/15/2014Had a good time here with great food. Drinks are over priced but that's expected in Georgetown right? The waiter I had was a little smug but idk maybe I'm a smart a*s I guess. But the food was amazing and no complaints there. Right on the waterfront so great for outdoor dining. Just good ambiance. Pretty pricey but not the priciest I have ever seen. It is what it is... You have to pay for good seafood in my opinion. Overall 4 out of 5 stars for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plusses and MinusesOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/15/2014Ate lunch outside on a beautiful summer's day. The stunning view of the river and local environs was marred by the smell of gasoline from the yachts tanking up and some mystery smell I would liken to a compost heap, both of which truly diminished the dining experience. Service was fair at best - business was brisk outside, though the vacant indoors meant that the restaurant was not that busy to account for indifference and forgetfulness. Restaurant Week lunch menu offered its biannual suspects: my dining companion loves the shrimp-and-grits and my crab cake sandwich with lukewarm fries and over-dressed cole slaw was mediocre. However, the salads were delicious (if a bit small) and the key lime pie was pure perfection.Special Features:
- LunchKimHVIPDined on 8/15/2014Went to enjoy restaurant week lunch. Food was great but service was not. We sat outside it was not crowded plenty of empty tables. Our waiter was unattentive and not friendly. Took forever to get our check . We were at lunch from work so we didn't have all day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mick810Dined on 8/10/2014Hello ,yes my wife and I visit tony& joes every Father's Day and every year August 10 on my birthday there's no other place that I would rather go and Atleast 5 other times during the year best place in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spotPMRMDined on 8/9/2014Second time here - both times the food and service were very good and the location right by the riverfront is very nice. Would recommend.Special Features:
- Evening on the PotomacPh39nDined on 8/9/2014Recommended to me by family, I went with friends and ate inside because of the size of our party (8). Food was excellent (all choices), and service was attentive and cordial. I recommend this restaurant for its setting as well. If you want a great people watching experience as well, go for a table outside. A fun evening.Special Features:
- Loved it!JoanDined on 8/8/2014Easily the best seafood meal in a very long time. Three of us dined and we each had a great meal. Two of us ordered the Sword fish and the third ordered the Salmon. Starters was the New England Clam Chowder that was perfect. We also ordered The Wedge and Caesar. Each were wonderful. Not to be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkchachaDined on 8/6/2014Nice waterfront spot on the Potomac in Georgetown. Fair food and pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brunch spotThought4FoodDined on 8/1/2014I've been to Tony and Joe's twice now, once for brunch and this time for dinner. I have to say that I enjoyed the brunch better as it had a nice variety including multiple stations. I had the broiled seafood pot for dinner and it was just ok, not bad but it didn't wow me either. The restaurant has a nice ambience because of the views but some updating is needed.Special Features:
- Good service, good atmosphere.AlphaQWrightDined on 7/30/2014I spent a very beautiful tuesday night on the patio with my girlfriend. The Crab dip was horrible, I never send food back but the crab dip had to go!! Why would you ever put shrimp in crab dip? And most of all serve it with corn tortilla chips? BAD DECISIONS. Our server who said he was new, did an amazing job! Although I do not remember his name (my apologies) I loved the patio, the mussels, and the caprese salad. I would return, but I will never have the crab dip again until something is done about it being bland, and those awful corn chips.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great HangoutOutdoorsDined on 7/30/2014Had a indoor reservation for 5. The weather was so nice, I asked to tranfers to outdoor seating which is a first come first serve-They accomodated. Views are great -food was very good with friend and ambience perfect- We had a great time.Special Features:
- ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/27/2014Where the food was fine and our waitress tried her best - she was way over her limit with the amount of tables she needed to wait on. I had to go in finally and purchase a bottle of wine from the bar. We had to ask for our waitress several times. To my surprise -- one of the people we asked was the host that seated us who was way beyond rude and actually said that it was not his job to get our waitress for us. Really?? He needs a class in Hospitality 101.Special Features:
- FantasticPassionForFoodDined on 7/26/2014Delicious food. Great service. Friendly staff! Fabulous ambiance. Overall experience was spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Delightful Dinning ExperienceTheWieseFamilyDined on 7/26/2014If your in D.C. on business or pleasure and want to enjoy great selection of Seafood choices, my family and I highly recommend Tony & Joe's. The wait staff worked hard to ensure our dinning experience needs were met.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was just okayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014The locations is excellent and we had a great table at a window with a view of the Potomac river. The service was slow and we were often looking for our server. The seafood was average, not worth the price. The pricey meal was justified by the location and view, not the food.
- Live musicGentlemen1Dined on 7/20/2014Live band was really LOUD!!!!!! The band was way to loud could not really hear ones conversation at the table, maybe next time I'll have them sit my party farther away from the live band.Special Features: