Tony & Joe's Seafood Place
3000 K. St. N.W.
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Tony & Joe's Seafood Place
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tonyandjoes.com/
- Phone: 2029444545x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Stein
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our family owned and operated restaurant serves exceptional cuisine to groups of all sizes. From a party of 10 to a sellout of 500 or more, Tony and Joe’s has ample space to accommodate. Our River Room is a private space with a spectacular view of the Kennedy Center, and is equipped with a drop down projector screen and portable microphones. This room accommodates up to 120 people. Please contact Raquel Mercado for more details! email@example.com 202.944.4104
- Private Party Contact: Raquel Mercado 2029444104x
- Entertainment: LIVE JAZZ MUSIC every Sunday during our Jazz Brunch!
- Special Events: SUNDAY JAZZ BRUNCH
Served 11AM – 3PM / Featuring Live Jazz / Buffet is Served Inside Only
$35 without mimosas
$45 with mimisas
Last seating is at 2PM
•Smoked Norwegian Salmon
•Fresh Poached Salmon
•Smoked Rainbow Trout
•Omelets made to order (with crabmeat, shrimp, scallops & other items)
•Fresh Belgian Waffles
•Carved Ham, Roast Beef, Leg of Lamb
•New England Clam Chowder
•Oysters and Clams on the Half Shell
•Maryland Crab Soup
•Bacon & Sausage
•Corned Beef Hash
•Hash Brown Potatoes
•Assorted Breads & Bagels
•Assorted Salads (Fruit Salad, Tuna Salad, Potato Salad)
*subject to change
A word from Tony & Joe's Seafood Place
Tony & Joe's Seafood Place is a family-owned restaurant located in Georgetown's Washington Harbour, serving only the freshest seafood. Our dining room and spacious outdoor terrace offers sweeping views of the Potomac River, the Kennedy Center and the beautiful Washington Harbour fountains. Tony & Joe's Seafood Place is the perfect venue for private events, casual events, family events, birthdays, anniversaries, company events, bar mitzvahs and bridal showers. Tony & Joe's Seafood Place offers buffet style dining and a la carte dining.Continued
Reservations are for indoors only. Outdoor accommodations are all first come, first served.
Reservations are for indoors only. Outdoor accommodations are all first come, first served.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Tony & Joe's Seafood Place - Best Restaurants in Georgetown ›
Tony & Joe's Seafood Place reviews from OpenTable diners
187 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (132)great for outdoor dining (110)good for groups (67)special occasion (60)great for brunch (44)vibrant bar scene (37)romantic (37)fit for foodies (30)hot spot (28)great for lunch (28)neighborhood gem (20)kid-friendly (16)late-night find (13)notable wine list (9)Show More
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2014I went with my fiancé to celebrate his b-day and I wasn't very impressed with the restaurant. I had made a reservation for a table with a nice view, and no table was reserved for me. When I asked if they could split one of the large tables into two small, so that we could have a nice view, they said they couldn't event though the restaurant was more than half way empty! (it was Monday night). I couldn't believe they just couldn't accommodate a nice table for us in this special occasion. Food was good, but not great for the price. They forgot to give us silverware, the server who brought our plates was kind of rude. They brought the entrée 2 min after the appetizer, so our food got cold. I wouldn't recommend this place for a special occasionSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014We ere seated promptly. The service to our table could have been a little quicker. I will go back there again. The view of the Potomac river was great even though it was raining for a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014This is the full Sunday brunch experience. Food aplenty, bottomless mimosas, killer view and jazz playing in the background. Not the cheapest, but definitely worth it.Special Features:
- DeliciousJennDined on 8/16/2014This was our first visit, and definitely not our last! Our meals were fabulous and the service was good. We look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Favorite never stops satisfyingTimBDined on 8/16/2014Always a perfect evening at Tony & Joe's. A table by the window to enjoy the view. The finest ingredients masterfully combined to please the palate. Took advantage of the Restaurant Week DC menu this time. Found no skimping here--only the finest presentation and a wonderful combination of choices. The crabcakes are always good, but particularly delicious this time. Tony & Joe's remains at the top of the list for the food, the vibrant atmosphere and the spectacular view. The service runs like clockwork.Special Features:
- Not greattungstenliningDined on 8/16/2014The service was extremely slow, and the food was decent, but not great. If it wasn't for the location near the water, I would probably never go there again.
- Great dining experience!Cjm12Dined on 8/15/2014Our group of five ladies had a wonderful experience at this restaurant. From the food to the service it was exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good crab cakes!ZimcartellivingDined on 8/15/2014Had a good time here with great food. Drinks are over priced but that's expected in Georgetown right? The waiter I had was a little smug but idk maybe I'm a smart a*s I guess. But the food was amazing and no complaints there. Right on the waterfront so great for outdoor dining. Just good ambiance. Pretty pricey but not the priciest I have ever seen. It is what it is... You have to pay for good seafood in my opinion. Overall 4 out of 5 stars for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plusses and MinusesOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/15/2014Ate lunch outside on a beautiful summer's day. The stunning view of the river and local environs was marred by the smell of gasoline from the yachts tanking up and some mystery smell I would liken to a compost heap, both of which truly diminished the dining experience. Service was fair at best - business was brisk outside, though the vacant indoors meant that the restaurant was not that busy to account for indifference and forgetfulness. Restaurant Week lunch menu offered its biannual suspects: my dining companion loves the shrimp-and-grits and my crab cake sandwich with lukewarm fries and over-dressed cole slaw was mediocre. However, the salads were delicious (if a bit small) and the key lime pie was pure perfection.Special Features:
- LunchKimHDined on 8/15/2014Went to enjoy restaurant week lunch. Food was great but service was not. We sat outside it was not crowded plenty of empty tables. Our waiter was unattentive and not friendly. Took forever to get our check . We were at lunch from work so we didn't have all day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mick810Dined on 8/10/2014Hello ,yes my wife and I visit tony& joes every Father's Day and every year August 10 on my birthday there's no other place that I would rather go and Atleast 5 other times during the year best place in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spotPMRMDined on 8/9/2014Second time here - both times the food and service were very good and the location right by the riverfront is very nice. Would recommend.Special Features:
- Evening on the PotomacPh39nDined on 8/9/2014Recommended to me by family, I went with friends and ate inside because of the size of our party (8). Food was excellent (all choices), and service was attentive and cordial. I recommend this restaurant for its setting as well. If you want a great people watching experience as well, go for a table outside. A fun evening.Special Features:
- Loved it!JoanDined on 8/8/2014Easily the best seafood meal in a very long time. Three of us dined and we each had a great meal. Two of us ordered the Sword fish and the third ordered the Salmon. Starters was the New England Clam Chowder that was perfect. We also ordered The Wedge and Caesar. Each were wonderful. Not to be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkchachaDined on 8/6/2014Nice waterfront spot on the Potomac in Georgetown. Fair food and pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brunch spotThought4FoodDined on 8/1/2014I've been to Tony and Joe's twice now, once for brunch and this time for dinner. I have to say that I enjoyed the brunch better as it had a nice variety including multiple stations. I had the broiled seafood pot for dinner and it was just ok, not bad but it didn't wow me either. The restaurant has a nice ambience because of the views but some updating is needed.Special Features:
- Good service, good atmosphere.AlphaQWrightDined on 7/30/2014I spent a very beautiful tuesday night on the patio with my girlfriend. The Crab dip was horrible, I never send food back but the crab dip had to go!! Why would you ever put shrimp in crab dip? And most of all serve it with corn tortilla chips? BAD DECISIONS. Our server who said he was new, did an amazing job! Although I do not remember his name (my apologies) I loved the patio, the mussels, and the caprese salad. I would return, but I will never have the crab dip again until something is done about it being bland, and those awful corn chips.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great HangoutOutdoorsDined on 7/30/2014Had a indoor reservation for 5. The weather was so nice, I asked to tranfers to outdoor seating which is a first come first serve-They accomodated. Views are great -food was very good with friend and ambience perfect- We had a great time.Special Features:
- ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/27/2014Where the food was fine and our waitress tried her best - she was way over her limit with the amount of tables she needed to wait on. I had to go in finally and purchase a bottle of wine from the bar. We had to ask for our waitress several times. To my surprise -- one of the people we asked was the host that seated us who was way beyond rude and actually said that it was not his job to get our waitress for us. Really?? He needs a class in Hospitality 101.Special Features:
- FantasticPassionForFoodDined on 7/26/2014Delicious food. Great service. Friendly staff! Fabulous ambiance. Overall experience was spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Delightful Dinning ExperienceTheWieseFamilyDined on 7/26/2014If your in D.C. on business or pleasure and want to enjoy great selection of Seafood choices, my family and I highly recommend Tony & Joe's. The wait staff worked hard to ensure our dinning experience needs were met.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was just okayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014The locations is excellent and we had a great table at a window with a view of the Potomac river. The service was slow and we were often looking for our server. The seafood was average, not worth the price. The pricey meal was justified by the location and view, not the food.
- Live musicGentlemen1Dined on 7/20/2014Live band was really LOUD!!!!!! The band was way to loud could not really hear ones conversation at the table, maybe next time I'll have them sit my party farther away from the live band.Special Features:
- Celebrate!RicoDined on 7/20/2014We enjoyed the brunch buffet. The wait staff was very friendly and efficient. The food was well prepared and worth the price. We will return!Special Features:
- EMC73Dined on 7/20/2014Had a wonderful time celebrating my birthday, service was great and food was awesome!!!Special Features:
- see belowryou100106Dined on 7/19/2014The restaurant needs to decide what it is. A red-neck hangout or a table cloth restuarant. Sevice is good...noise is terrible and a dinner can be ruined by one loud table. Just enjoyed that experience (inside ) Saturday night on steriods. Drunks and large groups in wife-beaters is not a pleasant evening.Special Features:
- GREAT FOOD, SERVICE & AMBIANCE!xfoodieDined on 7/14/2014This is the second time I've been here in the last month and it's always such a pleasure to visit. On my last visit I wanted to impress a client and T&J's did not fall short. The food was fantastic, the service was great and the ambiance was just right. We both had the crab cakes and grilled shrimp and it was delicious and cooked to perfection. Can't wait to go back for the filet mignon; it's also a fantastic choice!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2014I love Tony and Joe's just hate coming to DC. Please concern opening a Tony and Joe's at National Harbor!!!!Special Features:
- Best place to dine in GeorgetownDaneansDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary in Georgetown and your restaurant made our occasion memorable. The food was excellent. We will be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- been there done thatOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/12/2014the best thing about this place is its view. our waiter was very rude and nasty. Then when we brought our issue to the manager he did not resolve the problem either. We will not dine here again.
- NancySmerkyGrlDined on 7/8/2014Food was fine but we had to flag down our waiter multiple times for service.Special Features:
- For out of towersAdmdDined on 7/8/2014Good to take out of towners. Food was ok, service sloe even thought it was empty. But you can't beat the viewSpecial Features:
- Visit of July 7, 2014golfbakerDined on 7/7/2014Not the type of resturant I would classifi as an unscale dinning experience. Resturant called out for dressy casual and most all the patrons were in shorts. Food very average, presentation very lacking in fine dinning presentation, most all food was over cooked. I would not recommend this resturant for someone visiting Washington DC for an excetional dinner house. This resturant and it's location is geared mainly for the younger collage typoe of a crowd. Exicitng bar sence and out door patio dinning and bar type stuff.Special Features:
- Tourist trapFabdinerDined on 7/6/2014The location will make you go, but the food is just okay. The service was terrible. We never knew who our waiter or waitress was, the kept changing.Special Features:
- Terrible Service, Good FoodallyVIPDined on 7/6/2014Oh how I wish this could have been a better experience. Manager didn't seem bothered by our poor service, never even apologized. The brunch buffet was delicious and food was great. Overall, good value for $35 with all of the seafood and hot action stations, but I sincerely don't think I would go back based on our service and management. And this is coming from someone who currently works in the industry!Special Features:
- CMW1Dined on 7/5/2014Was able to get a reservation for a large number over a holiday weekend, so that was appreciated. Food and service is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to EatTigerFanDined on 7/5/2014My family was in town for the 4th of July and wanted Seafood. Tony and Joe's Seafood Place had wonderful food - the view of the river was relaxing. Would highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tony and Joes'skevamyDined on 7/5/2014The restaurant was nice, the food was very good and the service was also very good. We went early as we had a harbor cruise to go on and they were quick and helpful. The server was very nice and helpful. We would go there again. Nice restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 4th of July DinnerMAMcDined on 7/4/2014A group of seven of us had 8:15 dinner reservations on July 4th and were absolutely thrilled with out dining experience. We began the meal with the drink special (some sort of Lemon Fizz) and the calamari and crab dip appetizers--all exceeded expectations. Each of our entrees was 100 percent satisfying and delicious. What really made our evening so great, however, was when our waitress made sure we didn't miss the fireworks which began a few minutes after we'd received our main course. She ran over, called our names (we were all impressed she actually remembered them) and then told us to go outside and watch--she'd make sure our food remained untouched until we returned. Great experience overall--I will definitely return.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant!ClaudiaDined on 7/4/2014We took my dad to this restaurant for his birthday. We had a wonderful dinner complemented with a great bottle of wine (excellent wine list). The service was super. The noise level that day was a little bit loud.Special Features: