156 Cumberland St
Toronto, ON M5R 1A8Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tonibulloni.com/
- Phone: 4169677676
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 3:30pm
Daily: 3:30pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Mr.Siva
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine Bar
- Catering: Private party and functions can be catered up to 300 guests within the Toronto GTA.
- Private Party Facilities: Closed room available for 12 to 15 guests. Call for larger groups up to 60.
- Private Party Contact: Mr.Siva 4169677676
A word from Toni Bulloni
Traditional Italian restaurant with modern twist. Toni creates some of the worlds finest food which makes TONI BULLONI an exceptional place to dine in.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Toni Bulloni reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (13)good for groups (9)great for lunch (9)romantic (6)fit for foodies (5)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (3)special occasion (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Excellent Food - Welcoming ServicehowardDined on 8/23/2014This is a local unpretentious but terrific spot for freshly made delicious Italian food at a most reasonable price nested in the heart of Yorkville. The service is friendly & accommodating. A great find.Special Features:
- Good SpotsouthphillygirlVIPDined on 8/17/2014While visiting Toronto, we decided to try the restaurant. It was worth the trip. Service and food was quite good. Our appetizers and dinners were excellent! Good for Sunday meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK for casual neighbourhood restosusgerDined on 7/20/2014The Summerlicious menu was very generous, more than most, but the quality of the food varied. Main course of salmon had no taste, and the dessert too sweet. The house wine is mediocre, and the mixed drinks don't seem to contain much alcohol. It's possible the pasta is better. $2.95 for an undrinkable, single shot decaf Americano topped it off! Overall, a disappointing experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was a disappoinmentSortOfFoodieDined on 7/18/2014I picked it in a hurry as my friend and I decided that afternoon that we would eat somewhere in or near Yorkville. I was leaning towards an Italian and this was one of a few that showed up in my search. since I only had a few minutes to make a decision, I chose it, thinking that it would not be too bad, given its location. The rack of lamb was too dry. the pasta was overcooked - more like a diner's style of cooking. dessert was good.Special Features:
- TerribleFoodieDined on 7/17/2014Bad service, unattentive, overpriced, over salted. Tasted like food was heated up in a microwave, My sisters eggplant Parmesan was rubbery. Not intending to returnSpecial Features:
- YummyNpokuDined on 7/12/2014I enjoyed my Summerlicious meal at Toni's. The staff are great and I will definately be a return customer.Special Features:
- PatriciaDined on 7/6/2014I have been to many of restaurants in my time, but i have never experience anything like i did at Toni's. I'm not one to pick on the small pesky things but these were just too much. we we asked what do you want to drink, i than asked what do you have? hoping for a menu... she responded anything you want... not impressed. So she blurped out sangria so i agreed to it. Sangria arrived appearance was ok, took a sip something off.. then i saw that there was watermelon in the glass so i tried to retrieve it only to note that it was slimy as in old. Dinner was a bust, i order eggplant parm and i got skins parm. awful! had the waitress take it back and bring me a pizza that took forever to arrive. All in all the worst dinner experience I had.
- DecentRachnDined on 7/4/2014We were seated downstairs, where there were only 4 tables. We were the only people seated down there for the duration of our meal (another table was brought down but they opted to leave since they couldn't get a seat upstairs). I didn't mind it as it was quiet and we were able to talk and hear, since the upstairs was loud. it did feel a little like "Grandma's basement". The food was not spectacular. I didn't enjoy the app or main too much, but the tiramisu was fantastic (and i usually don't like tiramisu). I had the mixto platter & the veal parmesan with spaghetti. Both were 2.5/5 for me. My friend's had the salmon & the pizza, with spinach salad, & they both looked pretty good (we were there for summerlicious). The service was good.Special Features:
- cting168Dined on 7/4/2014My husband Norm and I thoroughly enjoyed this wonderful restaurant - food, ambiance and friendly service. We certainly will recommend to our friends and will definitely come back again and again.....Special Features:
- Delicioushugo21Dined on 6/8/2014We had a lovely meal. The service was excellent and the food was Devine. The potions were great. I only wish I could have taken a doggie bag for my leftovers. However we were at a hotel and no way to store it. We will go back if we are in the neighborhood again.Special Features:
- UnderwhelmingBobLoblawDined on 5/7/2014I had reserved a table for 3 as I had 2 guests who were visiting from NYC. The caesar salad(s) and warm spinach salad were excellent however the veal & risotto mains were at best "so so". The three of us left underwhelmed and as the host I was quite disappointed.Special Features:
- The following 26 reviews are from the Toni Bulloni reviews archive.
- Absolutely DelicousDelightfulVIPDined on 5/2/2014My friend and I went there for a pre-theatre dinner. We arrived early and were happily accommodated. Staff were sensitive of our time and served our meals after making great suggestions. Wine was very nice in the price range that we were looking for and complimented the meal. We had a pasta dish with a salad and the pasta was perfect and the pasta sauce was incredibly delicious. We had to leave just as things were picking up in the restaurant but I would have liked to linger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for dinner Friday beforeIngridVIPDined on 4/4/2014Went for dinner Friday before show at Panasonic and had a great dinner I started with bruschetta which is great for sharing and my husband had asparagus soup both where great. I had the mushroom risotto which was cooked perfectly with lots of mushrooms and my husband had jambalaya pasta special which was very excellent. We had a half litre of their California red wine which was recommended and it exceeded our expectation. We shared the tiramisu for dessert, which was as good as I remember it. The portions at this restaurant are generous and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for Early Dinner pre-ConcerteatdrinkBhappyDined on 2/8/2014Enjoyed a bottle of wine with calamari appetizer, shrimp and scallop and mediterrano pizza for mains (split). A very enjoyable and relaxing pre-concert dinner. This is the second good dinner we've had here recently. Toni Bulloni's will be our "go to" place when we are looking to dine before an event in the area, but would not necessarily be our choice if dining out is the "main event " of the eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal, lots of optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/1/2014We ended up at Toni Bulloni on a whim before a show at Koerner Hall. It is right around the corner so we did not feel like we had to rush while eating. The food was excellent, the service staff was amazing. Our waiter spent a lot of time going through all of the daily specials with us. The mushroom risotto was fantastic. The menu description of it was funny and a little disconcerting ("trust us") but definitely worth it. Lots of options for vegetarians and they were more than willing to make any of the pasta dishes without a meat option, which is nice to know. Great beer and wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not so goodbibaDined on 11/7/2013The place is just ok - reasonable food and price, but just plain.
- Very large portions - deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/28/2013Very large portions - delicious and probably best brushetta I every had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pasta & PizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2013One of the best places for great pasta at moderate prices. The portions are huge, and the service friendly. My friends, who prefer pizza to pasta, praized their pizzas as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite disappointingClearDined on 7/20/2013I went here for Summerlicious because the menu looked quite interesting. Sadly, it did not meet expectations. I ordered the Funghi Alla Fiorentio, the Lamb Shank with Garlic Mashed Potato, and a Tiramisu. The appetizer was quite well done. The ingredients worked well together, but I feel the mushrooms could have been sautéed on a higher heat to improve the flavour. The lamb shank was quite nice as well, but the mash that came with it was quite lumpy and tasteless, almost as if it hadn't been seasoned at all. The tiramisu was the most disappointing bit as the cream was watery and tasted as though it had been frozen. My friend ordered a risotto off the regular menu, and it was not creamy at all. Overall a disappointment; would not go again.
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/20/2013Wouldn't pay regular prices but at $25 for summerlicious, it was OK. The food, seriivice and atmosphere is average. We were there early on a Saturday night and were immediately told that the lamb was not available and they did not have 2 out of the 4 dessert options. When we got the tiramisu it was clearly only half a portion.
- Not bad & not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2013Just pretty good. I had the Pizza it was really good and the service was good as well. The Location is nice and the prices are good for that area. Would I go there again? If I was in the area Yes but I wouldn't go out of my way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Mixto and Prosciutto appetizersCannotCookDined on 7/19/2013The Mixto and Prosciutto appetizers were great and generous portions, but the main dish (lamb shank) were small portions unfortunately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was disappointed in the choicebulloni1Dined on 7/18/2013Was disappointed in the choice of dessert selection upon entering in especially because we ordered off the summerlicious menu. However, the food that we chose was quite delicious. Also the waitress that escorted us in initially was rude!
- Great Summerlicious lunch!DutchieDined on 7/17/2013Went with colleague for Summerlicious 2013, getting complementary Brushetta (both of us), as appetizers Baby Arugala Salad (her) and Fresh Minestrone Soup, as main Penne Alla Vodka with Rose Sauce (both of us), and as desserts Tiramisu (her) and Creme Brulée (me). Although I don't lunch often in the Yorkville area, this was definitely one of the better experiences I had, despite the warm summer weather.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was good. Waiter wasLuvfdDined on 7/16/2013Service was good. Waiter was friendly and helpful. The lady who refilled the water was a bit cool; polite but never cracked a smile to our table! Food was well-timed. We especially enjoyed the pizza. The tables were a bit too close and we could here the entire conversation of the next table. The dining room was quite warm yesterday. More ventilation and air conditioning would make the environment more comfortable. ( we sat at the very back ). Overall is very decent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good. I was toldmorris5VIPDined on 7/13/2013The food was good. I was told my pasta wasn't spicy but it was. Our waiter wasn't friendly but the support staff was very nice. When we sat down all they put down was the preset menu which was limited. We had to ask if we could order off the normal menu. Good location though.
- Everyone who worked at theMacaneseVIPDined on 7/12/2013Everyone who worked at the restaurant seemed really personable except for our server- she did not appear like she wanted to be there. Food was overly salty; this was my worse summerlicious meal.
- Great food for the price,KaraDined on 7/12/2013Great food for the price, staff was great. Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great servicesophia2551Dined on 7/12/2013Overeall I really enjoyed my lunch visit to Toni Bulloni The food tasted great Service was prompt and courteous I will visit this restaurant againSpecial Features:
- food was poorly madeLookingforgoodfoodDined on 7/7/2013Some food was extremely tasteless while some food was extremely salty. They also didn't have all the menu item available even though it was early.
- Great Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2013Very tasty home-made food, huge portions at moderate prices, fast and friendly service, casual atmosphere. Reservations for lunch are accepted, but not necessary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Homemade Italian FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/12/2013It is a casual place that offers moderately priced large portions of delicious pasta and pizza, in addition to salads and sandwiches. The service is fast and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pricey but awesome food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/20132 of us shared a bottle of wine, an appetizer and a dessert, plus an entrée each. The bill was around $200 with tax and tip. The food was excellent -- so flavorful! I had steak with fries while my partner had a seafood pasta dish. The serving was nice and big and the service was good. I had a reservation for 7:30pm but we were seated at 8pm. That's my only complaint really.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't believe itOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/24/2013I actually don't know if the restaurant is good because 10mins before our 645pm confirmed reservation on open table the restaurant called to say they where full AND when I asked how this could happen, their response was....we have a table at 930pm for you. Really??
- Although the pizza and CaesarbunsDined on 5/18/2013Although the pizza and Caesar salad were good the rest of the food was very mediocre. Had to send the fish back. It was very bland got a soso pasta instead. Serving staff were helpful but when we left we were hoping to speak with the manager but didn't see him
- It is a casual diner. ButOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/12/2013It is a casual diner. But the price is close to a high class restaurant. I won't go there again.
- The name says it allfoodieVIPDined on 5/11/2013The place was empty except for us, so not a good sign. The menu is trying to be cute but come on the is 2013. It is way to kitchy. The food was mediocre. This is in a sophisticated part of town. Know your customers. This would work better by a University or entertainment area.I would recommend this to a friend.