Tongue & Cheek
431 Washington Ave
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Tongue & Cheek
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tandcmiami.com/
- Phone: 3057042900x
- Hours of Operation:
DINNER: Sunday-Monday: Closed *(in off season)
Tuesday-Thursday: 6:00 PM-11:00 PM;
Friday-Saturday: 6:00 PM-12:00 AM.
BRUNCH: Saturday-Sunday 11:00AM - 4:00PM
HAPPY HOUR: Tuesday-Sunday: 5:00 PM- 8:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jamie DeRosa
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Tongue & Cheek offers an exclusive private dining room with personalized Audio/Video capabilities as well as semi private dining options. Please contact us for further information and to assist you with the planning of your special event.
- Private Party Contact: Salvatore Geraci 3057042900x
- Entertainment: Our bar features two television screens. Want your favorite sports game televised? Just ask.
- Special Events: We'd be happy to host your special event. Please contact us for options. Join us for Happy Hour everyday from 5-8pm and enjoy $4 Craft Beer, $8 Cocktails, 1/2 of select bottles of wine and $8 bar snacks.
- Cross Street: Washington Avenue & 5th Street
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Aside from valet parking we also have several parking options nearby including; metered street parking on Washington Ave and Collins Ave as well as parking structures located at 5th Street & Collins Ave. and across the street at 4th Street & Washington Ave.
A word from Tongue & Cheek
After winning rave reviews for his inspired cooking, foodies and Miami's culinary media have charted chef Jamie DeRosa's every move. Tongue & Cheek - is equal parts killer neighborhood restaurant and cool, casual watering hole, serving approachable, ingredient-driven, American fare with just the right amount of whimsy and technique.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Tongue & Cheek - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
Tongue & Cheek reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (41)great for brunch (32)neighborhood gem (27)good for groups (23)hot spot (13)romantic (12)great for lunch (10)special occasion (10)vibrant bar scene (9)great for outdoor dining (9)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (5)late-night find (3)Show More
- Perfect Brunch SpotLizDDined on 10/12/2014This is the second time we have come here for brunch when we visited SOBE. The food is incredible. A must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasticjm33Dined on 10/11/2014Excellent food and great service The manager was very graciousSpecial Features:
- Fun eats for a Sunday brunchLuv2eatDined on 9/28/2014Really interesting breakfast items. A fun brunch. I'd like to try dinner sometime. Attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- To be seen but not to eat!MrFreezeDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I love dinning out, we are foodies! We happen to live in Miami Beach which is seeing the foodie scene catch up with little Gems across the city, including Wynwood. However Miami Beach is also home to tourist traps, we have a restaurant scene targeting tourists that doesn't try to function on a repeat customer system, usually on Lincoln Road or Ocean Drive. Tongue & Cheek did a very good marketing job at making their menu sound delicious, unfortunately portions are small and the food is mediocre at best. I would not recommend this place to anyone!
- Overall - terrible experienceSliceDined on 9/27/2014Someone should advise staff and management that a proper dining experience is not inclusive of the following; - overflowing water glasses to the point of spilling on the table and floor - picking up dishes at the table, stacking or shall we say banging them like nobody is watching - changing servers mid-way and then disappearing - "forgetting" about appetizers - serving the wrong main but only taking one plate away; the other remaining... I think people want to eat together??? - Manager not addressing obviously dissatisfied customers; then advising said customers he is on the first week of the job and to come back some other time to "make it right" Just go next door to Frateli La Buffala where great customer service and food exist!
- Perfect LunchHodgesVIPDined on 9/26/2014We planned to go while staying in South Beach and to take advantage of Miami Spice. My husband and I each tried different things, all fantastic. He had shrimp & grits and the tacos of the day, I had heirloom tomato salad and the cuban sandwich. For dessert he had the ice cream sandwich (soooo good, on this day made with coffee ice cream) and I attempted to make a healthier choice and had the grapefruit with local honey which I really enjoyed. It was quiet as we arrived right when lunch started and enjoyed great service. Would definitely return and try dinner! Not one dish disappointed!Special Features:
- Tongue and CheekTastyEaterDined on 9/25/2014Food is delicious, but the portion size for entrees is ridiculous. $39 for a meal with an entree of three scallops isn't right. It is nice that they give you the option to get a drink instead of dessert.Special Features:
- 7 ladeis for brunch pleaseDanilleliciousVIPDined on 9/21/2014We went last Sunday for Brunch! We were able to make a rez on opentable.com for 7 which was fantastic at 1130 am. Our table was ready when we got there, the food was very good, and they have mix-n-match bottomless mimosas, bloodys, and bellinis. They have $5 valet out front so keep that in mind. Shrimp 'n grits were delicious, as well as, the Brussels SproutsSpecial Features:
- I CANNOT SAY ENOUGH BAD THINGSDeedeeVIPDined on 9/20/2014What happened to this place? It used to be one of my top three restaurants in Miami. After tonight I will NEVER go back! We arrived and the chef was taking photos with a model. The lights they were using were blinking on and off all throughout the restaurant. We decided to eat at the bar since it was the only way to not have the lights from the photo op in our way. The bartender, Dave, was a complete disaster. He brought me the wrong drink and admitted to forgetting to place our order twice! It took an hour to get our entrees. While waiting for our dessert, Dave brought us someone else's credit card. We waited another hour for our desserts and had enough and left before they were even brought out. They will be closed in two months.
- Botomless mimosas!FttttttdDined on 9/14/2014Went for brunch specifically for their botomless mimosas. Turns out they have botomless Bloody Mary, mimosas AND bellinis and you can mix and match. The brunch menu was interesting, we all had the brisket Benedict which was delicious! I wonder though why restaurants don't have smaller plates/appetizers on their brunch menu..sometimes I just want to nibble a little before the meal and brunch is no different. Service started slow, our server took her sweet time to come take our drink orders, but the guy refilling our mimosas was on point and don't let our glasses nearly empty. Would definitely like to come Back for brunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tongue IN cheekKylieDined on 9/14/2014This is yet another Miami "hotspot" that certainly doesn't live up to the hype. Perhaps the waitstaff were all hungover from a rager of a Saturday night, hence the lackluster Sunday brunch service. Maybe the chef was still dancing at Space that morning because that's the only way I can understand sending out a hard boiled egg in lieu of a poached egg, and dressing it up with hollandaise. And please tell me the bar ran out of champagne, because a mimosa without the fizz is not a mimosa. It's called orange juice in a champagne flute. We certainly felt like the unwanted party of 5 that Sunday morning, as we were promptly served our check after our meal without even being offered dessert or another glass of juice.
- Love The ChickenChelleknkVIPDined on 9/6/2014Ok its no secret - I was addicted to the chicken at Tudor House - and this is IT. Miss the salw and the sauce tho - any chance of bringing that back? Everyone MUST go to this restaurant - it is fantabulous! The service - the detail - the everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- energetic, great food, serviceReatsDined on 9/5/2014we had a great time here. loved all of the dishes except a desert dish that tasted exactly like fruit cockail served on ice. very strange. but they replaced with an extraordinary chocolate mouse dish instead. i plan to return here again. this was my second time.Special Features:
- Miami Spice?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014I was looking for a Miami spice restaurant to have dinner at and I came across Tonge and Cheek. To be honest this restaurant is not worth your time or money. The ambiance, service and food is nothing special at all. The portions are small and the "high end" presentation they are trying to achieve is disappointing. Although, the Miami Spice menu was limited and maybe the other items on the many could've been better. Overall if you are looking for a good Miami Spice restaurant, this one is probably not the place to come.
- Bad ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014The service here is horrible. The food takes forever.Special Features:
- Overpriced and nothing specialMar4Dined on 8/31/2014Even though we had a reservation we were told we would have to wait 25 min or eat outside. We chose to sit outside which was a huge mistake with the sweltering weather. Waiter was nice but not particularly accommodating. The food ws nothing special. One person ordered the shrimp and grits but it only had two pieces of shrimp so it was really just grits. My sandwich was very greasy, and the other mates were very small. Nothing special and over priced. Will not be returning
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/31/2014Amazing brunch! The bottomless mimosas were excellent and the lemon ricotta pancakes were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedFoodieVIPDined on 8/30/2014Saturday night I found availability at every hour, which was odd, as I have been following this restaurant for a while and was never able to get a table at the time I wanted. We walked in to the restaurant, plenty of empty tables, however, we were asked to go to the bar, but the tables were all set and ready, we then ordered drinks which took 20 minutes to arrive because the bar was backed up with a large group (there was 1 table with 8 people). We ordered, obviously not what our waiter wanted because he made it very clear that the Miami Spice menu was a special menu where the plates are very small and no sides came with the entries. He was pushing a surf and turf that no one really wanted. Food was ok, but wont be backSpecial Features:
- Great LunchdinebyboatDined on 8/29/2014I went to Tongue & Cheek for Miami Spice and was very impressed. The menu was great, food was fantastic, service excellent, and portions large for a Miami Spice menu. I will definitely be back for Lunch and Dinner with their regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet with good foodBarcelonaBoiDined on 8/21/2014We enjoyed Tongue and Cheek. I had the daily tacos and my partner had the chicken salad. Both were delicious. I wish they would have had a bartender on duty at lunch time, but really enjoyed the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too SaltyLiJaMiaDined on 8/20/2014The menu is interesting with lots of tasty looking options. It took a while to prepare, but we were in good company. The first course was a soufflé with tomato soup.Probably one of the worst items I've had.The flavors do not work.Salty&very acidic. The main entrée(duck)was not much better, very salty but edible. I ate 1/3 of it. Hubby's fish was salty too. Desert was a part of the Miami Spice menu. I was excited because really, how much salt can be in it? Well... No salt but still a fail. What do you think about 'no bake cheesecake'? Take cheesecake flavored Greek yougurt and cream cheese- add lots of lemon. Cover with a shortbread cookie and voila... No bake, no good. :( To be fair, our friends had the beef and seemed to enjoy it.
- Brunch and T&CGiarigDined on 8/17/2014I had heard so many great reviews on this place, I thought I would love it. I'm not sure if it's because I went for brunch instead of regular service, but I was underwhelmed. The food was tasty, but nothing more. The service was ok, but nothing more. I will definitely give the place a second chance for dinner, in my opinion, brunch is nothing to write home about.Special Features:
- Bob0419Bob0419Dined on 8/16/2014The food was fantastic and meticulously prepared. Jason was super friendly and very efficient knowledge of menus & wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Menu!foodieDined on 8/16/2014We went for Miami Spice and that was phenomenal! We especially enjoyed the Ron Burgundy cocktail! Even the sides we chose outside of the spice menu were great! Will definitely come back to this hip restaurant that has a chef and staff that know what they're doing on all levels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE THIS RESTAURANT!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014This is an amazing restaunt! The Chef is amazing- a true artist. from the service to the food, our experience was top notch. I cant believe it took me so long to try this place!!!!Special Features:
- Unique Happy HourPaigeDined on 8/9/2014This place was great for happy hour. From the crafted cocktails and house brew, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. You must try the oysters and the fried chicken skin (similar to pork rinds but some much better). We enjoyed all our offers and would definitely do this place again when visiting south beach.Special Features:
- Miami spiceRegnetb12Dined on 8/3/2014The Miami spice menu was very good Looked at different choice I chosed u guys for dinner One negative note was that I found some of your wines were too $$$$$ We had a good dinner overall Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food qualityChicaVIPDined on 8/2/2014If you enjoy fatty food for something you expect to be lean, this place is for you. The food came on time and was minimal in quantity easy not to fill you with lack of taste. Didn't even attempt to order another drink or even look at the dessert menu at dinner. Not sure how long the restaurant will continue to run for lack of taste and qualitySpecial Features:
- Great Food! Service was alrightluvBeef910Dined on 8/2/2014We went to Tongue & Cheek to try the Miami Spice Menu. Their was always a tantalizing mix of flavors with each course. We ordered some of the side menu items in order to help satiate whatever hunger was left. The Brussel Sprouts were fantastic! The service was nothing out of this world, maybe because it was a slower night, everything was a bit slower paced. Overall it was a good dining experience!Special Features:
- Small PortionsBarbVIPDined on 8/2/2014Went for Miami spice to try restaurant for the first time. The portions are very small. Roasted Branzino was two very thin and small triangles; the taste was ok very low on salt. BEEF BOURGUIGNON was the only entree on the menu that was pretty good not great. Deserts were excellent-cant go wrong. Service was very slow and restaurant mostly empty for a Saturday night. Will not go back.Special Features:
- Brunch Hot SpotScotts1020Dined on 7/27/2014With their bottomless glasses ($25) a vibrant (loud) scene and a diverse menu, I was pleased with Sunday brunch at Tongue and Cheek. The servers are nice enough, but tended to disappear and the donut holes stuffed with chocolate were simply made unavailable for no reason while we watched them being served at the next table. Still, house-made bagels with cured salmon, chicken and waffles, and an egg and lobster special were well worth the visit. I would visit again for brunch or even dinner .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great ChoiceBethDined on 7/24/2014Food was inventive, interesting, and well-prepared. Service was top-notch. Excellent craft beer selection and the chocolate chip bourbon pecan pie was delicious. Definitely worth a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/20/2014Food was ok, service was good. Not a place I would ride home about. Restaurant was on the best brunch list of Miami and their food did not impress. Like I said, it was good but not great.
- Culinary DelightCCCPLuXVIPDined on 7/20/2014Our brunch experience was outstanding, with very attentive service by Carlos. Lobster Benedict a gem, with moist-not frozen-lobster meat. The lemon ricotta pancakes were a dream, with a cherry that punctuated the flavored. We share the shrimp and grits, which was a fluffy dream of flavor. We need this restaurant in Houston. It would never be empty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food & great ambianceeMaxVIPDined on 7/16/2014Our first dinner visit during our vacation in Miami. Beef Cheek Burger, and Brussel sprouts, fried chicken, and the poutine are amazing! Great happy hour cocktails as well. Restaurant has a nice ambiance, and decor. Overall very solid place.Special Features:
- TastingitlikeitisDined on 7/12/2014Loved the brussels, the Ron Burgundy, and the hand cut rigatoni! I am Not a fan of short rib, but I even enjoyed yours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out!jaytonerDined on 7/9/2014We had stumbled upon this recommendation on a food blog - and it did not disappoint. WE had previewed the menu and were anticipating a great meal - and arrived during happy hour. Instead of the meal, we decided to sample a variety of tapas that there were offering at half price, and the delicious beef cheek sliders to top it all off. None of the items disappointed at all - and we didn't even mind not having a full entree selection. In addition, half price cocktails let us sample several of their signature lines - and we were very happy with the flavours, variety offered, and how customized each drink was including different types of ice cubes for each cocktail we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous.Anaddicted23Dined on 6/28/2014Stumbled upon this restaurant and decided to make it our girl's foodie spot for June. The food was delicious. I liked the small menu which made it easy to pick something. We all shared out plates and will be back for brunch and mimosas. The service was also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 165 reviews are from the Tongue & Cheek reviews archive.
- Good food over priced!spanishmacDined on 6/21/2014Burger was good not worth 20 bucks. Girlfriend had the snapper good but not worth 30 bucks. Good craft beer section. Cool lookin place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Father's Day BrunchVivi728Dined on 6/15/2014We had the best Father's Day Brunch here. I loved it and so did my hubby and the kids. We will be returning.Special Features: