Tongue & Cheek
431 Washington Ave
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Tongue & Cheek
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tandcmiami.com/
- Phone: 3057042900x
- Hours of Operation:
DINNER: Sunday-Monday: 6:00 PM-10:00PM;
Tuesday-Thursday: 6:00 PM-11:00 PM;
Friday-Saturday: 6:00 PM-12:00 AM.
LUNCH: Monday-Friday: 11:30 AM-3:00PM
BRUNCH: Saturday-Sunday 11:00AM - 3:00PM
HAPPY HOUR: Monday-Sunday: 5:00 PM- 8:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jamie DeRosa
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Tongue & Cheek offers an exclusive private dining room with personalized Audio/Video capabilities as well as semi private dining options. Please contact us for further information and to assist you with the planning of your special event.
- Private Party Contact: Gustavo 3057042900x
- Entertainment: Our bar features two television screens. Want your favorite sports game televised? Just ask.
- Special Events: We'd be happy to host your special event. Please contact us for options. Join us for Happy Hour everyday from 5-8pm and enjoy $4 Craft Beer, $8 Cocktails, 1/2 of select bottles of wine and $8 bar snacks.
- Cross Street: Washington Avenue & 5th Street
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Aside from valet parking we also have several parking options nearby including; metered street parking on Washington Ave and Collins Ave as well as parking structures located at 5th Street & Collins Ave. and across the street at 4th Street & Washington Ave.
A word from Tongue & Cheek
After winning rave reviews for his inspired cooking, foodies and Miami's culinary media have charted chef Jamie DeRosa's every move. Tongue & Cheek - is equal parts killer neighborhood restaurant and cool, casual watering hole, serving approachable, ingredient-driven, American fare with just the right amount of whimsy and technique.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Tongue & Cheek - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
Tongue & Cheek reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (32)great for brunch (28)neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (18)great for lunch (11)romantic (11)hot spot (10)kid-friendly (10)special occasion (10)vibrant bar scene (9)great for outdoor dining (4)notable wine list (4)late-night find (1)Show More
- Quiet with good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014We enjoyed Tongue and Cheek. I had the daily tacos and my partner had the chicken salad. Both were delicious. I wish they would have had a bartender on duty at lunch time, but really enjoyed the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too SaltyLiJaMiaDined on 8/20/2014The menu is interesting with lots of tasty looking options. It took a while to prepare, but we were in good company. The first course was a soufflé with tomato soup.Probably one of the worst items I've had.The flavors do not work.Salty&very acidic. The main entrée(duck)was not much better, very salty but edible. I ate 1/3 of it. Hubby's fish was salty too. Desert was a part of the Miami Spice menu. I was excited because really, how much salt can be in it? Well... No salt but still a fail. What do you think about 'no bake cheesecake'? Take cheesecake flavored Greek yougurt and cream cheese- add lots of lemon. Cover with a shortbread cookie and voila... No bake, no good. :( To be fair, our friends had the beef and seemed to enjoy it.
- Brunch and T&CGiarigDined on 8/17/2014I had heard so many great reviews on this place, I thought I would love it. I'm not sure if it's because I went for brunch instead of regular service, but I was underwhelmed. The food was tasty, but nothing more. The service was ok, but nothing more. I will definitely give the place a second chance for dinner, in my opinion, brunch is nothing to write home about.Special Features:
- Bob0419Bob0419Dined on 8/16/2014The food was fantastic and meticulously prepared. Jason was super friendly and very efficient knowledge of menus & wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Menu!foodieDined on 8/16/2014We went for Miami Spice and that was phenomenal! We especially enjoyed the Ron Burgundy cocktail! Even the sides we chose outside of the spice menu were great! Will definitely come back to this hip restaurant that has a chef and staff that know what they're doing on all levels.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE THIS RESTAURANT!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014This is an amazing restaunt! The Chef is amazing- a true artist. from the service to the food, our experience was top notch. I cant believe it took me so long to try this place!!!!Special Features:
- Unique Happy HourPaigeDined on 8/9/2014This place was great for happy hour. From the crafted cocktails and house brew, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. You must try the oysters and the fried chicken skin (similar to pork rinds but some much better). We enjoyed all our offers and would definitely do this place again when visiting south beach.Special Features:
- Miami spiceRegnetb12Dined on 8/3/2014The Miami spice menu was very good Looked at different choice I chosed u guys for dinner One negative note was that I found some of your wines were too $$$$$ We had a good dinner overall Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food qualityChicaVIPDined on 8/2/2014If you enjoy fatty food for something you expect to be lean, this place is for you. The food came on time and was minimal in quantity easy not to fill you with lack of taste. Didn't even attempt to order another drink or even look at the dessert menu at dinner. Not sure how long the restaurant will continue to run for lack of taste and qualitySpecial Features:
- Great Food! Service was alrightluvBeef910Dined on 8/2/2014We went to Tongue & Cheek to try the Miami Spice Menu. Their was always a tantalizing mix of flavors with each course. We ordered some of the side menu items in order to help satiate whatever hunger was left. The Brussel Sprouts were fantastic! The service was nothing out of this world, maybe because it was a slower night, everything was a bit slower paced. Overall it was a good dining experience!Special Features:
- Small PortionsBarbDined on 8/2/2014Went for Miami spice to try restaurant for the first time. The portions are very small. Roasted Branzino was two very thin and small triangles; the taste was ok very low on salt. BEEF BOURGUIGNON was the only entree on the menu that was pretty good not great. Deserts were excellent-cant go wrong. Service was very slow and restaurant mostly empty for a Saturday night. Will not go back.Special Features:
- Brunch Hot SpotScotts1020Dined on 7/27/2014With their bottomless glasses ($25) a vibrant (loud) scene and a diverse menu, I was pleased with Sunday brunch at Tongue and Cheek. The servers are nice enough, but tended to disappear and the donut holes stuffed with chocolate were simply made unavailable for no reason while we watched them being served at the next table. Still, house-made bagels with cured salmon, chicken and waffles, and an egg and lobster special were well worth the visit. I would visit again for brunch or even dinner .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great ChoiceBethDined on 7/24/2014Food was inventive, interesting, and well-prepared. Service was top-notch. Excellent craft beer selection and the chocolate chip bourbon pecan pie was delicious. Definitely worth a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/20/2014Food was ok, service was good. Not a place I would ride home about. Restaurant was on the best brunch list of Miami and their food did not impress. Like I said, it was good but not great.
- Culinary DelightCCCPLuXVIPDined on 7/20/2014Our brunch experience was outstanding, with very attentive service by Carlos. Lobster Benedict a gem, with moist-not frozen-lobster meat. The lemon ricotta pancakes were a dream, with a cherry that punctuated the flavored. We share the shrimp and grits, which was a fluffy dream of flavor. We need this restaurant in Houston. It would never be empty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food & great ambianceeMaxVIPDined on 7/16/2014Our first dinner visit during our vacation in Miami. Beef Cheek Burger, and Brussel sprouts, fried chicken, and the poutine are amazing! Great happy hour cocktails as well. Restaurant has a nice ambiance, and decor. Overall very solid place.Special Features:
- TastingitlikeitisDined on 7/12/2014Loved the brussels, the Ron Burgundy, and the hand cut rigatoni! I am Not a fan of short rib, but I even enjoyed yours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out!jaytonerDined on 7/9/2014We had stumbled upon this recommendation on a food blog - and it did not disappoint. WE had previewed the menu and were anticipating a great meal - and arrived during happy hour. Instead of the meal, we decided to sample a variety of tapas that there were offering at half price, and the delicious beef cheek sliders to top it all off. None of the items disappointed at all - and we didn't even mind not having a full entree selection. In addition, half price cocktails let us sample several of their signature lines - and we were very happy with the flavours, variety offered, and how customized each drink was including different types of ice cubes for each cocktail we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous.Anaddicted23Dined on 6/28/2014Stumbled upon this restaurant and decided to make it our girl's foodie spot for June. The food was delicious. I liked the small menu which made it easy to pick something. We all shared out plates and will be back for brunch and mimosas. The service was also excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food over priced!spanishmacDined on 6/21/2014Burger was good not worth 20 bucks. Girlfriend had the snapper good but not worth 30 bucks. Good craft beer section. Cool lookin place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night of Bad LinguineKLHJDined on 5/25/2014We were the first of three tables to send back the linguine pasta. It tasted so salty, like crunching down on chunks of sea salt! (The manager came to be table beside us and apologized to them only. This felt like discrimination.) Also when ordering the braised beef - the menu we ordered from stated it comes with mashed potatoes. It arrived with cous cous and we were told the menu was just not updated (hhmm please update the menu?!). Music was really odd kept going from Jay-Z playlist to oldies. The one plus of the night is they serve Coke from the bottle which we are a fan of (uses real sugar)! It has a beautiful atmosphere, if they can get the food and service to match that it could be amazing.Special Features:
- Good food - fair service - chillyLarsDined on 5/24/2014We went there for brunch. The food was very good. Breakfasts have been more or less "standard breakfast dishes" - nothing extraordinary. It was yummy but as said - nothing surprising. We ordered a dozen of oysters as starters - we got served only half a dozen. So we said we wanted to have a dozen - unfortunately the second 6 oysters came after the main breakfast dish - kind of awkward. Also - the bill later said two times half a dozen instead the price of one dozen which is a bit less expensive. If the server makes a mistake he should sort it out quickly and bring the second half very quickly also - the price should have been adjusted. AirCo is blowing strongly.The overall atmosphere is very clean which is a huge plus. Noise was moderateSpecial Features:
- Yumm!KittyDined on 5/17/2014I took some friends here from out of town for the Saturday brunch. We all ordered different things off the menu everything was delicious. The restaurant is perfectly decorated and inviting. The staff was very friendly. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- YummyYumzDined on 5/16/2014Great attentive service that's not annoying and very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last Table Standing70NineDined on 5/16/2014We had friends staying on Miami Beach and wanted to try somewhere new. It was our first time at Tongue and Cheek. To start, you need to try the Donkey Punch. We skated in on the happy hour prices but the drink is worth it anytime. As for dinner, we all enjoyed our meals with the short ribs winning out. While we were enjoying our conversation over several bottles of wine and cocktails, we never felt rushed....even though we were the last table standing. Tongue and Cheek warrants a repeat visit and, with their drink menu, cab fare from South Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tongue & CheekRogerbDined on 5/11/2014Mediocre food & service. Definitely not worth the price.
- Overly expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 5/11/2014Food is good, but overpriced. I like the burger, but it's half the size of competing restaurants and twice the price, but not much better. My guest was not impressed at all.
- Great BrunchEhad2Dined on 5/11/2014Food was terrific, ambiance very cool. Would definitely return. Worth a visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food horrible serviceMsquared7VIPDined on 5/11/2014Initially we were excited to eat here, but the feeling was dimmed when the host acted put upon to bring more chairs for a party of 8 when we were placed in a booth that could seat 5. The food itself took awhile, but given we went on Mother's Day Brunch was understandable. As far as the service it was marginal at best. Peltran H was our server & he seemed almost put upon to take care of us in anyway. He refused to split checks for a party of 8, couldn't find it in his schedule to drop off a wine menu, or inform us that an 18% gratuity was already added to the check. Being in the service industry I found his utter indifference appalling. The inequities in service to food is so profound the only way we will ever go back is to eat at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch ReviewChiffyDined on 5/4/2014Me and a group of friends from out of town decided to have Sunday brunch here after I saw great reviews online. Staff was courteous, food was great, and we all had a good time. I would come back again for brunch next time we are in Miami.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative and deliciousFoodjunkieDined on 5/3/2014My husband and I met up with old friends there and it was delicious! Between us all, we had the lettuce wraps with pig ears, the fried chicken skins for an appetizer. Never thought I would eat crispy pig ears, but they were divine. We had the Moroccan short ribs, red snapper, salmon with the cauliflower and brussel sprouts as sides. The short ribs and the veggie sides were fantastic! The service wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. Much more reasonable than other overly priced South Beach restaurants.Special Features:
- The following 152 reviews are from the Tongue & Cheek reviews archive.
- Simply PerfectOut2dineVIPDined on 4/26/2014A fabulous dining experience comprises of great food, superb wine, exceptional service, and decadent desserts. Thank you Tongue & Cheek for fulfilling every criteria.Special Features:
- AmazingJoelDined on 4/24/2014Food was delicious & everything on the menu sounded great! Wanted to try it all. But tomato salad, snapper & steak were do delicious. The drinks were original & wonderful. Good job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible Service - Good FoodMk1019Dined on 4/20/2014Our waitress was so rude. It was obvious she didn't want to be there. She did not smile at us once. On the contrary, she made us feel uncomfortable as if we were bothering her. I couldn't believe it. Sure enough, the tip was included. The food was great, but I would never go back. It was a terrible experience. I wish I would've gotten her name.Special Features:
- Pricey but Nice Brunch MenuDebQRealtorVIPDined on 4/20/2014I found the food to be good, but portions are small and pricey. Nice place to hang out on a Sunday and enjoy unlimited mimosas.Special Features:
- overratednsfrrbVIPDined on 4/19/2014Tuna in crudo could have been fresher; out of major seafood entree at 9P?? good, not great
- You will want to backElbiMSDined on 4/12/2014This place has great food and service. We just went for the second time and it was as good as the first time. Menu was different so there were all kinds of new options. Bar tenders are also very friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SoBe standout for Brunch!stlfoodieVIPDined on 4/12/2014I was impressed with the service - especially for South Beach - but the food was also outstanding. Would definitely return!Special Features:
- Very goodAmaralDined on 4/11/2014My husband sad that the Braised Beef Short Ribs was the best he ate ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worthwhile experienceFoodie56VIPDined on 4/9/2014Visiting south beach and wanted a place for good food without the hype. Location on Washington is very convenient if you are staying south of 5th. Great happy hour. Able to carry a half price bottle of wine from the bar to the table. Food was great although our waitress was not the warmest. Great quiet place with a reasonable menu. Would recommend highly.Special Features: