New York, NY 10031Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tonallicafebar.com/
- Phone: 2129260399
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:30pm
Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 4:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Entertainment: Tonalli has a DJ on Friday nights, starting at 10:00 pm.
A word from Tonalli Cafe
Tonalli is an Italian/American restaurant located in the heart of Harlem, and boasts an array of different foods, ranging from Ecuadorian style cerviche to classic Mediterranean roasted salmon. We offer rotating selection of wines from around the world to accompany our dishes, and have a full bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tonalli Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
- Glad to have this nice restaurantEdgecombeEDined on 8/8/2013Glad to have this nice restaurant in the neighborhood. Have the spinach ravioli! Best thing on the menu.Special Features:
- What happened to the Service?CyclingmedicVIPDined on 7/29/2013I have been a very big fan of Tonalli. I don't know what has happened recently but the service has taken a nose dive. Usually the food comes out fast and everything is great. The last couple of times I have been to Tonalli it has taken forever to get anything and the waiter barely stops by our table. I will keep going but if things continue in this fashion I will be finding a new favorite spot.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great burgers - Loud DjBrianHDined on 7/12/2013"Energetic" noise level is an understatement. The Dj was going strong before we arrived at 8 pm on a Friday. We changed the size of our party from 7 to 5 to 6 and the maîtresse d’hotel was very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty.mrsCVIPDined on 6/23/2013Good size servings. Great bread. Very tasty pasta. Good drinks. GREAT neighborhood place -- a disappointing NYC grade rating, however.Special Features:
- Loud Music, Sporadic MenuOutalotDined on 5/25/2013New to the neighborhood and looking to find some good dinner spots, we tried Tonalli at 10pm on a Saturday. There was a DJ blasting top 40's hits and it was LOUD. The food was ok. The portions were large. The scallops were delicious. The burger was still good after re-heating the next day, but the vegetables tasted like they had been frozen and steamed in a microwave. The salad was dry -- too much arugula, not enough of anything else -- and the bread was definitely from the Costco frozen aisle. The cocktail menu was excellent. I would rather see a smaller menu with greater consistency of excellence.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy My SelfOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/23/2013A fellow working I went there for lunch recently after finding this restaurant on open table. It had good reviews from Zagat 21 out of 30. The scene was nice and the service was delightful. The only issue was this may not be the best choice if you want a slightly fast lunch due to the fact they only had one delightful server. Minis that I can't wait to try other tasty things on the menu !I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place in the neighborhoodmrsCVIPDined on 4/30/2013Finally, a restaurant more than a chain. Delicious, freshly prepared pastas. Plentiful. Delicious. Great soups!Special Features:
- Nicely prepared pasta. DeliciousmrsCVIPDined on 3/28/2013Nicely prepared pasta. Delicious salad. Surprising and delicious compound butter. Bread pudding -- very different (lemon) and an unexpected, sensational texture.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013We had a wonderful experience at Tonalli's. We went with our 3 children (we are visiting) and there was a small misunderstanding with our reservation but the staff were so incredibly accommodating/helpful/gracious. They treated the children to Shirley Temples, us to glasses of wine and then to impeccable service. The food was delicious. It is obvious and staff and management have a great working relationship. Everyone was working together to create a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Had a very early dinner here.SatiatedDined on 2/21/2013Had a very early dinner here. Waiter was attentive and prompt. Specials for the night were not prepared yet but waiter/chef offered up a special when I asked. Squid ink Linguine with shellfish yuuuummmm!!!! Lobster ravioli was great too. Great find! Would definitely recommend this to a friend.Special Features:
- Kicking myself for not goingmrsCVIPDined on 12/8/2012Kicking myself for not going before this. What a GREAT addition to my neighborhood. Hurray. Will go back frequently.Special Features:
- The food was very good; theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/2/2012The food was very good; the service was good but slow on a Friday @ 8. At one point, we could not see any food on any of the table. Otherwise, I would certainly eat here again.Special Features:
- overall the restaurant isOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/30/2012overall the restaurant is a very nice neighbourhood place, with a young (20s) crowd. It is very casual, and not pretentious, with fair prices. We tried pepper stake and salmon, both were pretty fair, stake was not medium as ordered; salmon was good. The desert, of chocolate souffle, was a bit overdone, and not as moist as it should be. It is a very friendly place to visit, if you are looking for very decent food, without any expectations of a truly gourmet restaurants.Special Features:
- This is easily my favoritekimsVIPDined on 10/26/2012This is easily my favorite place to eat or drink in the neighborhood. The staff is wonderful. The food and drinks are great. It is a great night spot...We had a great time dancing to the DJ on Friday night. I have also been there for early dinners with my kids and its quiet and easy that time of day for families.Special Features:
- This was my first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2012This was my first time at Tonalli's, and I was very impressed with the food, service, drinks and cozy atmosphere. The spinach was cooked to perfection as well as the shrimp, nicely seasoned. We went for my girlfriend's birthday and she also enjoyed the food and service. I would like to come back on a third Thursday for Jazz night since we came on the wrong Thursday.Special Features:
- This was our second choice,OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 10/10/2012This was our second choice, since we could not get reservation for NYYankee Steak House, before the game.The food was good, the ambiance, almost nothing. But it filled up our need.
- Was looking for a nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/6/2012Was looking for a nice place to eat in this neighborhood. Was surprised by how delicious the food was. Loved the spinach ravioli. Also our pineapple sorbet (that came in the pineapple) was incredible. There was a strange mix of music with Beatles to house to classical. Will definitely eat here again.Special Features:
- The ONLY place in the HamiltonSGM79VIPDined on 8/13/2012The ONLY place in the Hamilton Heights neighborhood that's consistently excellent. Love this place! Excellent burgers, try them with out the bun as well! Lamb chops, cornish hens, tilapia (ask for the onion salad on the side, pretty strong) are all very, very good. Stay away from the dumplings with peanut sauce and the puttanesca pasta, both sauces are not great. They also make a good cappucino! Their Caesar salad is an excellent starter.Special Features:
- This was a last minute findDeeGeeVIPDined on 7/19/2012This was a last minute find for us and we enjoyed ourselves completely. The food was good and the ambiance was fun. The only drawback was a waitress who found a guy at a nearby table very attractive. It took up most of his time "are you sure you don't want another glass of water"? not leaving much time to serve other tables. I guess that comes with the youth and vibrancy of the place. We had a delicious meal and a good time.Special Features:
- I love this place. It reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2012I love this place. It really is a gem in our neighborhood. The staff is always friendly and the waitress went out of her way to take care of us and make sure we got a wine we really loved, letting us try several. It was my friend's birthday and they put a candle in the dessert and sang. The food is always good. The chocolate souffle is fabulous, btw.Special Features:
- We had a memorable experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/7/2012We had a memorable experience. Everything was Verdiy good . We will go back again.Special Features:
- We had a party of 15 and aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2012We had a party of 15 and a great time! Food was WONDERFUL and we were taken care of !Special Features: