3630 Peachtree Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30326Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tomorestaurant.com/
- Phone: (404) 835-2708x
- Hours of Operation:
Open For Lunch-Monday-Friday 11:30-2:00 (No reservations needed, recommended for groups of 6 or more)
Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5:00-10:30, Friday-Saturday: 5:00-11:00
Closed on Sunday
Last orders are taken 10 minutes before closing.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Tomohiro Naito
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Limited catering is available. Sushi trays are best for large groups. Call to speak with one of our representatives to make arrangements. Not all dishes are available for catering. Please email your requests to email@example.com.
- Special Events: Omakase reservations must be made made 5 days in advance. Omakase starts at $100 per person and is usually 9-10 courses. You are served at Tomo's personal table by him. Each menu is customized for you. Tomo keeps a record and you will never eat the same thing twice unless you request it. You MUST speak with the manager for a reservation. Please contact Cliff Sinon at (404) 707-7981 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notes left through OpenTable cannot be honored because of chef prepares a unique menu based on your dietary concerns.
A word from Tomo
Tom Naito has made it his lifes ambition to educate and share what Japanese cuisine can be. The Japanese dishes all of unique flavor combinations. Often he will use French and Italian ingredients in traditional Japanese offering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tomo reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (55)special occasion (45)romantic (28)hot spot (24)neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (16)notable wine list (15)great for lunch (7)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- My favorite restaurant in AtlantaalshinVIPDined on 10/17/2014I have eaten at most well-known Japanese restaurants all over the states and around the world, and this place ranks high up with others and never disappoints me. Their exquisite appetizer creations are always consistent. My personal server Ferry provides top notch service and is one of the reasons to come back to this restaurant time and again.Special Features:
- Sushi for dinner2foodiesDined on 10/8/2014My wife and I had dinner at your restaurant last night…… Let me preface this by saying we only eat the finest food in Atlanta and we dined with you on a whim. The service was excellent…from the time we walked in to the time the valet delivered our car. I wish I had names that I could mention, but I do not. We will be back. You have somehow managed to create a restaurant with 5 star feel and reasonable prices. A nice value for tasty Sushi Perhaps we should move into the Ritz and be able to walk next door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Some of the best sushi in the worldtimdrakeDined on 10/1/2014I've eaten some of the top sushi restaurants in North America. Tomo is clearly in that class. Better than Nobu. Very impressive. May I suggest that you let the chef decide. It's not on the menu but if you ask they will accommodate =they will bring you the top offering one by one. Incredible.Special Features:
- MaryAnimalMaryAnimalVIPDined on 9/27/2014As always, TOMO delivers impeccable cuisine! Service is AMAZING! Our über server, Ferry, is always a few steps ahead of us and our dining needs. I proudly recommend TOMO to everyone and am happy to bring them there to dine. Can't wait for Tuna Tuesday! Aregato!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!StevenDined on 9/20/2014This may have been the very best meal that I have ever had. Fantastic! Everything we tried from the signature section of the menu was beyond our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi in AtlantaBrianMCVIPDined on 9/20/2014This is my go to place for sushi. The manager and staff are second to none. As many places as I have gone in Atlanta, I have yet to find a better place for sushi. They offer high-end conventional sushi, but with a uniquely urban twist. And from sake, to wine, to mixed drinks .. their selection leaves nothing to be desired.Special Features:
- Amazing ServiceFoodDined on 9/20/2014We went to Tomo to celebrate a birthday, and the staff was amazing. We had a baby with us, and the staff made sure he was taken care of. Our waitress was very knowledgeable of the food, helpful with entree choices and even brought out a speacial dessert for the birthday girl.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/18/2014Superb, fresh food. Great service and the manager very attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's oksusuDined on 9/15/2014The menu is not very inspired. Kinda boring... I was not impressed. There are better sushi places and the staff wasn't helpful in choosing items off the small menu.Special Features:
- Best Sushi In BuckheadWannaBeFoodieDined on 9/13/2014Tomo is our favorite Sushi restaurant in Buckhead. The fish is always excellent, they offer seasonal fish so the variety is good, and the cooked items are great too. Kampachi Serrano, Tempura and Black Cod Boston appetizers are excellent. Wine, sake and beer list is more extensive than most Japanese restaurants in town. The service is very good and the décor is upscale modern but not overdone.Special Features:
- Better places in townOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/11/2014Tried Tomo for the first and last time. Really nothing special, just average sushi with a high price tag. There are definitely much better sushi restaurants in town. Service was ok but again nothing special.
- Not a good special occasion placeTrishaADined on 9/6/2014I had specifically remarked on the Open Table reservation that it was our anniversary. First they tried to squeeze us in the smallest two person table I'd ever seen. And they actually tried to get 2 other couples onto it while we there. They all declined it, so it wasn't just us. Secondly, they clearly our waitress was pushing for us to order the most expensive things on the menu. From beer, to wine, to sushi.. Lastly they rushed us through the entire dinner. This place is definitely a place where they try to turn tables fast. The food was really very good, expensive which we expected, but their service let them down. Especially when we were trying to celebrate an occasion. We won't be going back and we are weekly sushi people. Sad.Special Features:
- Horrible Service (No Service)KCayesDined on 9/3/2014My three friends were already there by 7:15, but I was behind due to traffic. Came in & sat down around 7:25 pm. Nobody came over to us to ask about drinks, etc., until about 7:45 pm. When she did come, she walked away after we ordered our drinks while I was in the middle of ordering an appetizer. She wasn't concerned with listening to any of us, checking on us, or making suggestions to us. She would disappear for 10-15 min at a time. Mind you - not one of us had our phone out on the table, so that can't be an excuse for her. It took 2 hours to order food/eat & after asking for a fork multiple times, we all gave up. It was the worst sushi (service) experience I've had in B'Head. Food was great. When she reappeared for us to order.Special Features:
- ArigatoDined on 9/3/2014Elegant and wonderful Japanese cuisine. The waitress was expert and her recommendations spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FamilydinerVIPDined on 8/30/2014If you like authentic sushi this is the place for youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- To the unwiseUncriticVIPDined on 8/29/2014Our waiter was very knowledgable and was very helpful with the suggestions. Food was excellent and the service, from all the staff, was even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry to say..not that goodGastronomics101Dined on 8/28/2014Unfortunately, the meal was disappointing. The rolls were sloppy and nigiri was lacking flavor other than the toro which was yummy. The plating of the black cod was sad. On a good note, out waitress was fantastic. I was looking forward to a great meal and it just fell flat.
- Highly recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014Must try the garlic sushi roll. I also highly recommend sit by the sushi bar. The ambiance is great. As parents of two toddlers, date nites are rare so picking the right restaurant is key. We are def repeat customersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi placeluigiDined on 8/22/2014The sushi is well-presented but the quality of the fish is only B+. You don't sense that immaculate, right-out-of-the sea freshness that you get with the best of the genre.
- New Favorite RestaurantWannabeFoodieDined on 8/15/2014The fish was so fresh and tasty- we kept ordering more. And the service was great- didn't have to wait and always had what we needed. The kimme-dai sashimi and kamachi Serrano are highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FIT FOR FOODIESfoodie123VIPDined on 8/15/2014In a word "Fabulous." The food is unique , fresh and wonderful. Everything melts in your mouth.....The service is equally as awesome.Special Features:
- A Treat!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Highly recommended!!! It will not disappoint. Staff is very knowledgable and service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uncommonly GoodtomboyterDined on 8/2/2014The fish selection is superb for the east coast, and the preparation was creative, varied and delicately delicious. We ordered and shared six or seven hors' doeuvre portions and that was plenty to eat, although the portions are generally small, a bite or two each. May was our server, and all I can say is we really lucked out...she is lovely, gracious and so knowledgeable and helpful...five star service! We will return, having only scratched the surface of what Tomo has to offer.Special Features:
- OverratedPCM1VIPDined on 7/22/2014there is a lot of hype about Tomo which is why i had a business dinner there. needed to impress someone. we had some appetizers which were fair...the squid was very good, the crab roll was mediocre in a fairly tasteless sauce. our sashimi (for which i had very hgh hopes) was average. i was expecting fish quality to be off the charts, but i have had better elsewhere in Atlanta...so, while very hip and pricey, overrated!
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/18/2014Third trip to Tomo this year. Had May as our server. Never looked at the menu, she just ordered for us. FabSpecial Features:
- Close but no cigar!FabulousVIPDined on 7/16/2014Trying to find a great Japanese restaurant in Atlanta. Started with Tomo since it had good write-up in local newspaper by reputable critic. It has all the trappings of great restaurant but if one knows sparkling, true fresh fish, it is obvious this fish is fresh but not sparkling. I'm used to sushi, sashimi in stellar Japanese restaurants in San Francisco and this is close, but not there. It was obvious to us that most of other guests were NOT there for Japanese food but because it is in Buckhead, in Ritz Carlton Residence high rise, etc. We found it very expensive for what it was. Returning to SF for true sushi grade fish.Special Features:
- DeliciousMelbDined on 7/12/2014The food is delicious however each dish is not very filling, causing your bill to add up very quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Dining ExperienceATLFOODFANDined on 7/1/2014The restaurant was modern yet warm and inviting. We tried a number of items throughout the menu and from the specials list. All selections were simply amazing. The sashimi was so fresh! The flavors simply "popped" with every bite.Special Features:
- Service was so-soOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Food was very good but pricey. Our server acted very lethargic, I was jealous of the table next to us who's server was very attentive and had a real passion for the food. She offered suggestions and pairings and seemed happy to do so...like a server is supposed to. I don't mind paying for high-end food but I expect it to come with high-end service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome sushi and serviceLalieDined on 6/27/2014Our go to sushi spot in Atlanta! Service is superb! Fish is outstanding, never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very sophisticated Japanese food.Vincent88Dined on 6/26/2014Tomo is way more than a Sushi restaurant. They have a number of interesting and delicious appetizers and side dishes, the names of which I unfortunately forgot to write down. Everything is prepared in unusual ways. By far the best Japanese restaurant in Atlanta.Special Features:
- The following 326 reviews are from the Tomo reviews archive.
- Not for date nightkiwisinatlDined on 6/19/2014Packed in to a noisy modern fit out this place was only saved by having ok food. The service and ambience were fair to poor and the air conditioning was raining cold air down on us the whole time. We won't be going back and don't recommend this to others.
- Not worth it!JulesDined on 6/19/2014After reading many excellent reviews, I was very excited to dine at Tomo for the first time. It was a disappointing experience! The food was very expensive with extremely small portions. Dinner cost $95 per person (with tip) and we both left the restaurant hungry! Best thing on the menu were the lamb chops, which were delicious, but at $17 for two small lambchops, i needed to order two portions so I would not leave hungry...my friend ordered the lobster special appetizer which was expensive, small and tasteless. She told the server that she didnt like it immediately, and the response was "thats the way it is...very simple taste!". The Server was not interested in making sure that we were happy with the meal.Special Features:
- Tuna Tuesdays Can't Be BeatSueHDined on 6/17/2014Tomo-san is a master and he prepares this first sustainable farmed tuna from Japan one Tuesday a month. The fish can't be fresher, and in the hands of a master, the preparation is flawless. Servers are all great and can tailor the restaurant's offerings to anyone's tastes. Get the fresh sushi and sashimi offerings they recommend. It is pricey but worth it. Great selection of sake and Japanese beer. Nice wine list. Cliff, the manager, will do everything in his power to make sure you are more than satisfied. I always take visitors to Tomo and celebrate special occasions there too. The best in Atlanta, by far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi, terrible service.abcdVIPDined on 6/11/2014Went here for dinner on a quiet Wednesday night. The food, as always, was excellent. Incredibly fresh fish, inventive flavors, and beautiful presentations. Not cheap, but definitely worth it. The low point was the AWFUL service. We were seated for at least 10 minutes before our server appeared, she seemed unfriendly and uninterested in us, and actually charged us for food we didn't order. I've been here several times and never had a problem, but I'll think twice about bringing out of town guests again for fear of a repeat occurrence.Special Features:
- Sensational Sushi!FoodiefanDined on 6/11/2014I first discovered Tomo when they were in Vinings, and was afraid when they made the move to Buckhead, things would change. Au contraire! After dining in the new location several times, I am thrilled to find the dining experience enhanced! The ambiance is sleek and comfortable, the cocktails a perfect accompaniment to sushi, (I love the cucumber martini!) and the sushi is spectacular! The yellowtail roll with gorgonzola sauce is memorable, as is the spicy scallop, and the "specials" that I ordered as sashimi were divine! The service is unobtrusive, (sometimes almost too much), however, it made for a relaxing dining experience,without anyone hovering and wanting to "turn the table."Overall,I highly recommend Tomo for any sushi enthusiasts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/6/2014The sushi here is to die for. All I can say is if you like sushi - this place will knock your socks off!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- incredible flavorsgrmoore65Dined on 6/5/2014Every dish sparked a fire for our tastebuds. Go hungry and sample as many things on the menu as possible. Special item menu is a must if you are up for eating fish skeleton!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/30/2014We found this place on Open Table. We hadn't been there yet and it was right around the corner, so we decided, "Eh, why not"? Well, the food was excellent. My husband didn't want the "Lobster Carpaccio" to end. My husband also said that this was some of the best sushi he's ever had (and he's had a lot). The vegetable roll was delicious! I have a feeling that anything you order off that menu is delicious! The service was fast and polite. And watching the chefs peel a cucumber is amazing! All in all, this was an unexpectedly good meal. I wasn't expecting much, as I'd never heard of the place. I was dead wrong! Eat here now!Special Features:
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/24/2014The food was very good but not really that much better than other sushi places. The waiter was not at all helpful in navigating the menu. Although the restaurant was virtually empty he did not seem to want to spend any time talking with us or helping us. He only directed us to the $50 per person chef's menu. However, the manager, Cliff, was very helpful and helped us get exactly what we were looking for. He spent lots of time explaining the menu. Were it not for him, I would have rated this restaurant even lower.