3630 Peachtree Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30326Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tomorestaurant.com/
- Phone: (404) 835-2708x
- Hours of Operation:
Open For Lunch-Monday-Friday 11:30-2:00 (No reservations needed, recommended for groups of 6 or more)
Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5:00-10:30, Friday-Saturday: 5:00-11:00
Closed on Sunday
Last orders are taken 10 minutes before closing.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Tomohiro Naito
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Limited catering is available. Sushi trays are best for large groups. Call to speak with one of our representatives to make arrangements. Not all dishes are available for catering. Please email your requests to email@example.com.
- Special Events: Omakase reservations must be made made 5 days in advance. Omakase starts at $100 per person and is usually 9-10 courses. You are served at Tomo's personal table by him. Each menu is customized for you. Tomo keeps a record and you will never eat the same thing twice unless you request it. You MUST speak with the manager for a reservation. Please contact Cliff Sinon at (404) 707-7981 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notes left through OpenTable cannot be honored because of chef prepares a unique menu based on your dietary concerns.
A word from Tomo
Tom Naito has made it his lifes ambition to educate and share what Japanese cuisine can be. The Japanese dishes all of unique flavor combinations. Often he will use French and Italian ingredients in traditional Japanese offering.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Tomo reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (58)special occasion (49)hot spot (23)romantic (19)neighborhood gem (18)good for groups (17)notable wine list (13)great for lunch (6)vibrant bar scene (6)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- New Favorite RestaurantWannabeFoodieDined on 8/15/2014The fish was so fresh and tasty- we kept ordering more. And the service was great- didn't have to wait and always had what we needed. The kimme-dai sashimi and kamachi Serrano are highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FIT FOR FOODIESfoodie123VIPDined on 8/15/2014In a word "Fabulous." The food is unique , fresh and wonderful. Everything melts in your mouth.....The service is equally as awesome.Special Features:
- A Treat!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Highly recommended!!! It will not disappoint. Staff is very knowledgable and service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uncommonly GoodtomboyterDined on 8/2/2014The fish selection is superb for the east coast, and the preparation was creative, varied and delicately delicious. We ordered and shared six or seven hors' doeuvre portions and that was plenty to eat, although the portions are generally small, a bite or two each. May was our server, and all I can say is we really lucked out...she is lovely, gracious and so knowledgeable and helpful...five star service! We will return, having only scratched the surface of what Tomo has to offer.Special Features:
- OverratedPCM1VIPDined on 7/22/2014there is a lot of hype about Tomo which is why i had a business dinner there. needed to impress someone. we had some appetizers which were fair...the squid was very good, the crab roll was mediocre in a fairly tasteless sauce. our sashimi (for which i had very hgh hopes) was average. i was expecting fish quality to be off the charts, but i have had better elsewhere in Atlanta...so, while very hip and pricey, overrated!
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/18/2014Third trip to Tomo this year. Had May as our server. Never looked at the menu, she just ordered for us. FabSpecial Features:
- Close but no cigar!FabulousVIPDined on 7/16/2014Trying to find a great Japanese restaurant in Atlanta. Started with Tomo since it had good write-up in local newspaper by reputable critic. It has all the trappings of great restaurant but if one knows sparkling, true fresh fish, it is obvious this fish is fresh but not sparkling. I'm used to sushi, sashimi in stellar Japanese restaurants in San Francisco and this is close, but not there. It was obvious to us that most of other guests were NOT there for Japanese food but because it is in Buckhead, in Ritz Carlton Residence high rise, etc. We found it very expensive for what it was. Returning to SF for true sushi grade fish.Special Features:
- DeliciousMelbDined on 7/12/2014The food is delicious however each dish is not very filling, causing your bill to add up very quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Dining ExperienceATLFOODFANDined on 7/1/2014The restaurant was modern yet warm and inviting. We tried a number of items throughout the menu and from the specials list. All selections were simply amazing. The sashimi was so fresh! The flavors simply "popped" with every bite.Special Features:
- Service was so-soOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Food was very good but pricey. Our server acted very lethargic, I was jealous of the table next to us who's server was very attentive and had a real passion for the food. She offered suggestions and pairings and seemed happy to do so...like a server is supposed to. I don't mind paying for high-end food but I expect it to come with high-end service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome sushi and serviceLalieDined on 6/27/2014Our go to sushi spot in Atlanta! Service is superb! Fish is outstanding, never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very sophisticated Japanese food.Vincent88Dined on 6/26/2014Tomo is way more than a Sushi restaurant. They have a number of interesting and delicious appetizers and side dishes, the names of which I unfortunately forgot to write down. Everything is prepared in unusual ways. By far the best Japanese restaurant in Atlanta.Special Features:
- Not for date nightkiwisinatlDined on 6/19/2014Packed in to a noisy modern fit out this place was only saved by having ok food. The service and ambience were fair to poor and the air conditioning was raining cold air down on us the whole time. We won't be going back and don't recommend this to others.
- Not worth it!JulesDined on 6/19/2014After reading many excellent reviews, I was very excited to dine at Tomo for the first time. It was a disappointing experience! The food was very expensive with extremely small portions. Dinner cost $95 per person (with tip) and we both left the restaurant hungry! Best thing on the menu were the lamb chops, which were delicious, but at $17 for two small lambchops, i needed to order two portions so I would not leave hungry...my friend ordered the lobster special appetizer which was expensive, small and tasteless. She told the server that she didnt like it immediately, and the response was "thats the way it is...very simple taste!". The Server was not interested in making sure that we were happy with the meal.Special Features:
- Tuna Tuesdays Can't Be BeatSueHDined on 6/17/2014Tomo-san is a master and he prepares this first sustainable farmed tuna from Japan one Tuesday a month. The fish can't be fresher, and in the hands of a master, the preparation is flawless. Servers are all great and can tailor the restaurant's offerings to anyone's tastes. Get the fresh sushi and sashimi offerings they recommend. It is pricey but worth it. Great selection of sake and Japanese beer. Nice wine list. Cliff, the manager, will do everything in his power to make sure you are more than satisfied. I always take visitors to Tomo and celebrate special occasions there too. The best in Atlanta, by far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi, terrible service.abcdVIPDined on 6/11/2014Went here for dinner on a quiet Wednesday night. The food, as always, was excellent. Incredibly fresh fish, inventive flavors, and beautiful presentations. Not cheap, but definitely worth it. The low point was the AWFUL service. We were seated for at least 10 minutes before our server appeared, she seemed unfriendly and uninterested in us, and actually charged us for food we didn't order. I've been here several times and never had a problem, but I'll think twice about bringing out of town guests again for fear of a repeat occurrence.Special Features:
- Sensational Sushi!FoodiefanDined on 6/11/2014I first discovered Tomo when they were in Vinings, and was afraid when they made the move to Buckhead, things would change. Au contraire! After dining in the new location several times, I am thrilled to find the dining experience enhanced! The ambiance is sleek and comfortable, the cocktails a perfect accompaniment to sushi, (I love the cucumber martini!) and the sushi is spectacular! The yellowtail roll with gorgonzola sauce is memorable, as is the spicy scallop, and the "specials" that I ordered as sashimi were divine! The service is unobtrusive, (sometimes almost too much), however, it made for a relaxing dining experience,without anyone hovering and wanting to "turn the table."Overall,I highly recommend Tomo for any sushi enthusiasts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/6/2014The sushi here is to die for. All I can say is if you like sushi - this place will knock your socks off!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- incredible flavorsgrmoore65Dined on 6/5/2014Every dish sparked a fire for our tastebuds. Go hungry and sample as many things on the menu as possible. Special item menu is a must if you are up for eating fish skeleton!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/30/2014We found this place on Open Table. We hadn't been there yet and it was right around the corner, so we decided, "Eh, why not"? Well, the food was excellent. My husband didn't want the "Lobster Carpaccio" to end. My husband also said that this was some of the best sushi he's ever had (and he's had a lot). The vegetable roll was delicious! I have a feeling that anything you order off that menu is delicious! The service was fast and polite. And watching the chefs peel a cucumber is amazing! All in all, this was an unexpectedly good meal. I wasn't expecting much, as I'd never heard of the place. I was dead wrong! Eat here now!Special Features:
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/24/2014The food was very good but not really that much better than other sushi places. The waiter was not at all helpful in navigating the menu. Although the restaurant was virtually empty he did not seem to want to spend any time talking with us or helping us. He only directed us to the $50 per person chef's menu. However, the manager, Cliff, was very helpful and helped us get exactly what we were looking for. He spent lots of time explaining the menu. Were it not for him, I would have rated this restaurant even lower.
- Doesn't get any more fresh!birthdaygirlDined on 5/20/2014My husband and I went there based on reviews and pictures from Tripadvisor. The food was incredibly fresh. The dishes were even more creative. We had several selections from the appetizers and dishes, which ended up being appetizers also, and a few rolls. I had an excellent cocktail and very good house hot sake. One Tuesday a month they receive a whole fresh Toro tuna which they filet in house, like a demonstration. Definitely worth going on this particular Tuesday. We had the sorbet, layered crepes, and a chocolate cube. I've never tasted citrus the way the sorbet was flavored. We ate everything we wanted, no matter the price, and were expecting a hefty bill... Instead we spent about 30% more than we do at our unexciting neighborhood spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely IncredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/16/2014This was our first visit to Tomo. The service was great and the food was remarkable! It was so good in fact we made another reservation for a special event a few days after our original visit. This is easily the best sushi in Atlanta. We highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GlennVIPDined on 5/15/2014Wonderful food, service and ambience. This is by far rhe best in class in the SESpecial Features:
- The best japanese, hands downPrincessPeachDined on 5/9/2014We've been going to Tomo with our two young sons for the past year. Service is impeccable, the food truly excellent. We always go for the sushi which is delicious, but there are a whole host of other great items on the menu - such as the soft shell crabs - which are must - trys. Never been other than totally satisfied in this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Japanese Restaurantget2travelVIPDined on 5/5/2014Best Japanese restaurant in Atlanta. Great sushi and appetizers. Omakase looks amazing. Bento boxes at lunch are terrific. Beautiful, modern, atmosphere in Ritz Carlton building. Japanese chef and owner - trained with the best.Special Features:
- Good food, but not ambience.AthenaDined on 5/3/2014This restaurant offers good food, but the ambience is a little bit dull.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, horrible servicegurmeDined on 5/3/2014I love Tomo's chef. I've been there for many special occasions. It's the restaurant I take my special guests to impress them. I've always loved the food there. This time was no exception; however, the service was horrible, absolutely horrible. It was a very important night for me. The waitress was so mean and rude that it ruined my and my guest's dining experience. summary: food great, service SUCKS!!!Special Features:
- A solid meal with very good serviceSacsDined on 4/26/2014Excellent choices and unique presentation abound at Tomo. No shortage of great food to try with the memorable items being the fresh oysters on the half shell in a wonderful lemongrass lemon sauce, shrimp sticks, soft shelled crab rolls, steamed lobster rolls and finally the california roll with real crab meat.
- Excellent!ChaseDined on 4/25/2014Some of the best sushi I've had in a while! Everything was so fresh, the sake was excellent, and everything is reasonably priced.Special Features:
- The following 308 reviews are from the Tomo reviews archive.
- Great sushiJustinDined on 4/14/2014Sushi selection was great. Very good flavors and variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not good for a special occasionCcldDined on 4/12/2014The sushi was outstanding, although we weren't wowed with generous portions. However, I was disappointed with the atmosphere for a special occasion. It was loud and we felt like we were eating with the people at the tables on either side of us since they were so close. Unlike many other fine dining spots in Atlanta the staff did not go out of their way to acknowledge the event we were celebrating aside from a complimentary dessert. (Which we appreicated, but other places stand out for going out of their way to make a special occasion...special). Trendy spot. Exceptional sushi. Just not where I'd recommend you celebrate a birthday, anniversary or have a romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/9/2014Best sushi in Atlanta, hands down. Ask for May as your waitress. You won't be steered wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Quality Fish in AtlantaBillVIPDined on 4/7/2014Tomo has always souirced the finest and freshest fish. Thatis the reason it is a bit more expensive than other JApanese restaurants. But it is worth it. Impeccable service from servers who have been there since it opened in Vinings years ago. In a class by itself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed an anniversary dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014Nicely affiliated on a Ritz Carlton Property and great location in Buckhead. Salmon Cucumber appetizer was excellent and the Sushi was on par but not spectacular. The perpendicular seating along the windows is probably necessary due to the spacing of the building. I felt we were too close to a neighboring table. Nice drink selection but Dessert menu was very limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best quaity sushi I have had.BrianBDined on 3/28/2014Not an inexpensive restaurant, but the food quality and freshness is why. This is the best sushi restaurant I have ever been to - and I have been to a lot! Largest / best saki menu I've seen. If you want traditional, Americanized sushi with a lot of sugary sauces on the rolls this is not the place for you. The food is very authentic and you get the true natural flavor of the fish. There are not a lot of rolls on the menu but the appetizers are the best part and you could easily make a meal of a few of them. Extremely creative food and presentation. Would recommend 100%. Dress is business casual or better, seems to be a hot spot for the see and be seen crowd. Absolutely make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuna Tuesday terrificmrschow1Dined on 3/25/2014We were lucky enough to get to see the tail end of tuna Tuesday. It was great as always.Special Features:
- Average sushi, poor servicetravelerDined on 3/24/2014This was voted one of Atlantas top restaurants, but we found the sushi to be average and nothing special. The presentation is nice and they fly fresh fish in, but the flavors were average, and unfortunately for us we were there on the last day before a new shipment came in. The ambiance is very nice, but loud and hard to hear. Our service was particularly poor. I don't think our waitress was the norm for the restaurant, but she left a lasting bad impression.
- Just outstandingBBrowneDined on 3/22/2014We went for my wife's birthday and it was a great experience. We had the sampler (reasonably priced at $50/ea) and it really made for a great "event". We got several courses brought out one at a time. Obviously the sushi was the highlight, but the lamp chop and cod were also excellent.Special Features:
- YumCLGandRNDined on 3/22/2014A fabulous experience. We will make this a regular spot. Great food. Great service. Yum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.