Tommy V's Urban Kitchen and Bar Scottsdale
7303 E Indian School Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85251Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Tommy V's Urban Kitchen and Bar Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tommyvscottsdale.com/
- Phone: 4804272264
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:00am - 4:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Doug Havins
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We have one private dining room available for up to 35 guests.
- Private Party Facilities: Our prvate room seats up to 35 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Zoran Klisara 6027033540
A word from Tommy V's Urban Kitchen and Bar Scottsdale
Tommy V’s Urban Kitchen and Bar, located in the heart of Downtown Scottsdale, is an excellent place to relax and enjoy fine wine, delicious food, and the company of good friends. Come and enjoy our exciting, upbeat atmosphere and forget your troubles!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tommy V's Urban Kitchen and Bar Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)special occasion (22)notable wine list (20)fit for foodies (20)great for outdoor dining (19)good for groups (19)romantic (18)hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (14)great for lunch (8)late-night find (7)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Wait staff are great! Food consistently good. We find ourselves coming back again and againSpecial Features:
- Great placeFridayDined on 9/12/2014Tommy V's is one of our favorite places to eat. The food and service is always great! Our server, Tyler, was very fun and efficient. We love taking guest there too.Special Features:
- Wonderful traditional Italianrag2105VIPDined on 9/9/2014We stumbled upon Tommy V's a few years back when visiting Scottsdale. Now it has become a tradition and the last three visits have never let us down. I don't know how something as plain as a Caesar salad can be so perfect. Or, the martinis - just bliss... An icy cold blast of booze that feels like a full body hug from Bacchus himself. The chicken parm dish I have had twice now is simply incredible. I don't know how I manage to eat the entire helping, but my plate is always scraped clean. Their Canolis are no friggin joke. It is NY quality food in the desert. You just have to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Sevice and WinedezmanDined on 9/7/2014This is real Italilan food. All of the pasta is home made and servings are very right sized...............not too much and clearly not tapas size that is the trend in Scosttsdale. The egglant is fabuous paired with the ceaser salad and a chianti.Special Features:
- Love Tommy V'sOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/1/2014Tommy V's is an organic Italian restaurant with the best testing and quality food. The service is impeccable. The I patio is really nice and you can people watch downtown Scottsdale while dining. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and locationlocalchasDined on 8/31/2014And the food was good, but a little too salty. Also, even though the restaurant was not full, they seated a group right next to us that was loud and had way too much perfume on. I don't know why they couldn't have seated them a little bit away from the other people in the restaurant because the perfume really did not do anything for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jazzjunkyDined on 8/30/2014We go here mainly to hear the music, but it's always a pleasure to try new things from the generous menu.Special Features:
- Outstanding ServiceBuffettJamesVIPDined on 8/30/2014Food was great, but the service was outstanding. Well Done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tommy no'smegDusTVIPDined on 8/25/2014it was our 1st visit and once seeing the slightly strange layout of the restaurant we decided to have dinner at the bar top. the bartender ignored us for some time before heading over - the bar was not busy, nor the restaurant - so i don't believe there's any excuse other than he didn't care to greet us. once under way his attitude didn't improve much, even with our positivity and friendly banter. his wine service was scary, i don't think you're supposed to wrestle the foil. my hubby and i love italian food, we had: carpaccio, salads, chicken parm & the chef's seafood pasta - all ok, nothing special. good service can save a bad meal, good food doesn't always save bad service, and in this case there weren't any winners.
- First timers, but not last.jerseyjoeDined on 8/18/2014Good location, nice ambience very good service and more than good food.Special Features:
- Hot Is Not Always GoodHeavyMetalMeatHammerVIPDined on 8/15/2014One should never, ever, have to wait for the wine to cool down before drinking it. My red was served at something like 85 degrees. This borders on criminal negligence. That said, the food and service were first-rate. But I'll just have iced tea next time. Or maybe water.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite restaurant in the AZRonnieVIPDined on 8/8/2014Zoran and his wife run the place and provide outstanding food and excellent friendly service. Make sure you order the orichetti seafood pasta as either an appetizer or the main course. the food is excellent and the wine selection is once . Everything is reasonably priced. I will go back there again and again and again!!!!Special Features:
- best timeKatNBDined on 7/26/2014The food was so melt in your mouth delicious! It was too loud for a nice conversation but the look was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Italian placeErin150VIPDined on 7/25/2014I took my mom here when she visited me and we both really liked our meals and they were reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch Restaurant in ScottsdalediningdawnDined on 7/24/2014This restaurant is a 1 of a kind, it has an upscale feel, but not too formal. It has 5 star food, but reasonable prices. The absolute perfect ambience for our special occasion dinner. Would recommend to anyone trying to find that perfect restaurant that has casual class with superior service, great menu, including some organic, vegetarian, and gluten free choices, also the best hearty, nicely portioned appetizers, salads, pasta, seafood, meat dishes, variety of fabulous specials, tantalizing desserts. 1st class in my book, best restaurant in town. You just can't go wrong. I ordered the rib eye steak special unaware that it would be the best steak I've ever had. Between all of us, we ordered a little of everything. We were absolutely WOWed!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent dinner for 2foodieinphxDined on 7/18/2014We went to celebrate our anniversary and Tommy V's was a perfect venue for it. Excellent food, friendly staff, great wine and some live music. Normally I am not a huge live music fan because it's hard to talk, but it wasn't too loud and they played some great Sinatra which is always good. Price was very reasonable for a good meal like that in Scottsdale and we would definitely go back. My fave was the Carpaccio appetizer (amazing!).Special Features:
- great meal at Tommy V'syumawineDined on 7/6/2014Ambience is very nice, upscale but not snooty or fake. Wine list is way extensive and reasonably priced - I sell wine for a living and know what I'm talking about. Food was perfect from start to finish. Zin braised short ribs may be the most tender and flavorful meat I've ever had. My wife thought her ravioli-something-or-other was fabulous. Place was nearly empty so our waiter kind of hovered over us the whole time, very chatty young fellow. A little much but he was so sincere we didn't mind. Food prices seemed very reasonable, especially given the locale. Would go again in a heartbeat next time we get to Scottsdale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tommy V's was spectacular!cheekykaliDined on 7/5/2014We had the most amazing dinner for my best friend's bachelorette dinner! We were catered to and checked on by the manager, had a song dedicated to our bride by the band, and the service was wonderful! Our server even did a little dance! We had an absolute blast. Thyou made anks, Tommy V's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy hour delightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/4/2014Wide choice of not so small salads and entrees with $5 glass of wine made Tommy V's a treat. Outstanding wait staff made sure the leftover Pacific snapper would go home with a special sauce that made the reheated fish remain moist and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedLuke619Dined on 6/21/2014The food was AWESOME !! Everything from the drinks, to dessert, to even the appetizers. Very nice ambiance and private setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top NotchmsmsDined on 6/20/2014Very happy with our dining experience, great location, ambiance, food choices. Service was prompt, attentive and outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StockladyVIPDined on 6/14/2014The food is very good. This time our waiter wasn't too atuned to our needs. Another wait saw that and immediately jumped in to save the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in Old Town ScottsdaleDiningDivaDined on 6/11/2014We chose this restaurant for our outing because of it's diversified menu & central location. It surpassed our expectations, especially as we arrived while the happy hour menu was still available, so we dined quite well at a great price. Our server, Tyler, was excellent - friendly, knowledgable, attentive without hovering. They seated us in a separate area, so our table of five could converse easily, hearing each other and not disturbing other diners. Bistro Tender & Panzanella Salad, Butternut Squash Ravioli - big hits. Limoncello Sorbet was outstanding. Bruschetta Caprese and Lemon Almond Torte with Flaky Butter Crust were disappointingly average. The restaurant has a slick, urban atmosphere without being too sterile. Definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good butJohnCDined on 6/7/2014I took a date and we were very impressed, the service was great, food very good, ambiance good, and price reasonable. But there were a couple of things that took away slightly from what could be better. The interior has sold surfaces and so a large table with only moderate noise reverberates inside. The table are not that good for a couple to have a date, the way they are oriented means you are a long way from her/him. I would still go back but have a better understanding of what to expectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/7/2014We went to Tommy V's for the first time and almost everything was great. They have a reasonably priced wine list, a great chef's board appetizer, and a really tasty pasta trio. Unfortunately they overcooked my steak (medium well as opposed to medium rare) but they took it off the bill. However, the sauteed spinach and pasta that came with my meal was excellent. We will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great First Time ExperienceAletheaVIPDined on 6/4/2014I've lived in the neighborhood for eight months now, and finally had a chance to check out Tommy V's! It was a very nice first time experience. My Pear & Organic Mixed Green Salad, was delicious. I rarely eat pasta, but was in the mood for their homemade Organic Spaghetti & Meatballs, which did not disappoint. Liked the spaghetti sauce too, as the sauce really made the spaghetti "pop" so-to-speak. I will be back again to try something new. The entire staff provided terrific customer service from the moment I walked in the door, to the moment that I walked out. Keep up the good work! Good customer service is appreciated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great surpriseCattDined on 6/4/2014Was seeking gluten-free Italian food and discovered this restaurant via online searching. It was fantastic on every level. The owner personally called me in advance of the meal to ensure that the menu had a variety of gluten free offerings. Tommy V's didn't disappoint. They claim their spaghetti is "better than your mom used to make" and they were right on. It was DELICOUS and you'd never know the noodles were gluten free. I intend to take friends and family here in the future. The service as also exceptional.Special Features:
- Kevin was a great server.ScottsdaleVisitorDined on 6/2/2014We wanted a nice dinner after 9pm. This spot was nestled in charming Old Town and was happy to serve us outstanding food with warm service. We were truly impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice but not much lunch crowdickyDined on 5/26/2014this would be a great happy hour spot but rather quiet at lunch timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food fell short for restaurant weekLocalfoodieVIPDined on 5/25/2014Six of us have been eating our way through restaurant week. Sorry to say I was not impressed here. Heavy fried squash blossoms, very plain chicken Marsala and salted Carmel gelato I didn't finish. Maybe just a fluke... None of us were impresssed.
- foodieDined on 5/24/2014Wonderful dinner....excellent service .....A must return for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceRonnieVIPDined on 5/23/2014Tommy V's food is outstanding. I have gotten to know the owner and he makes us a fantastic pasta dish we eat as an appetizer that is not on the menu. It is Orrichetti pasta with crab, shrimp and scallops. I have had the sea bass and rhe chicken parmigiana ; all of which are outstanding. To top it all of they have a nice wine selection and everything is very reasonably priced. One of my favorite restaurants!Special Features:
- Resturant WeekCTappsDined on 5/23/2014We planned this night for restaurant week and ate from this menu. My friend’s pasta dishes were both served cold. They did a good job of actually giving her new food vs. re-heating but it was still disconcerting. WE also had Moscow mules and those were really good I had the halibut and it was a little bit dry. Other than that the food was good. It is a neighborhood restaurant so I would head there for another mealSpecial Features:
- The following 300 reviews are from the Tommy V's Urban Kitchen and Bar Scottsdale reviews archive.
- Good Italian and Amazing ServicePhoenixRisingVIPDined on 5/20/2014Tommy V's serves up hand made italian food like other great restaurants in Phoenix. The wine selections and cocktail menu rivaled many restaurants that we've been to. The desserts provided a nice end to our meal and weren't oversized so we didn't feel guilty after finishing dessert. The best part of our experience at Tommy V's was the service. We've been waited on many times, but great service comes when your server continues to show up every 3 to 4 minutes to make sure water was in our cups, clean plates and silverware provided, and no dirty plates left on the table. The best part was our waiter smiled the whole time and he waited on 7 people in our group and made us feel at home. We'll be back for the food and service!!Special Features:
- A great dining option in ScottsdalesphoenixVIPDined on 5/20/2014Went to Tommy V's during restaurant week--great menu. We all ordered something different and tasted around. Very good. We were also given a happy hour menu that was very extensive and nice that happy hour goes until 6:30. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time and not the lastKrittyAZVIPDined on 5/18/2014Four of us had dinner on Sunday night and each of us were very pleased with the evening. We were seated promptly and greeted immediately by our server (nice young man, sorry I don't have his name). This was our first visit to the restaurant and we were impressed with the regular menu and the Restaurant Week menu. Each of us chose from the RW menu, but added the Chef's board appetizer- very large and tasty selection of cheese and meats. Our dinners were delicious- the short ribs literally melted in the mouth. All servings were generous in size and delicious. We will be back!Special Features:
- Restaurant WeektuscanyiDined on 5/18/2014I think I like this restaurant better when I order pasta. Their chicken and fish dishes are just OK. I don't believe Restaurant Week truly shows how good they are.Special Features:
- Very good findOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/10/2014Excellent Italian restaurant with terrific service. Perfectly made (and large cocktails), good wine list, meals were excellent and somewhat inventive. Not over-priced either. Plenty of parking. I'd go back in a minute. Seriously, this is one the best reviews I've given a restaurant in awhile.Special Features:
- Great modern italian!BethWDined on 5/10/2014I really like the feel and taste of this restaurant. Very sleek and modern yet casual with great italian food. Lots of choices whether you are in the mood for pasta or fish. Walking distanc e to other old town hot spots.Special Features:
- Tommy V'sSaraspartanDined on 5/10/2014This restaurant is in a lively part of Scottsdale and has great contemporary Italian/Mediterranean choices on the menu. Our waiter provided knowledgeable assistance with the wine list and was very friendly without being intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.