Tommy Nevins - Naperville
3032 English Rows
Naperville, IL 60564Neighborhood:
IrishPrice: $30 and under
Tommy Nevins - Naperville
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tommynevins.com/
- Phone: 6304284242
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Irish
- Executive Chef: Marcus Mooney
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private "library" room seats 30-35 for sit-down dinner with full menu or catering options available.
Party areas are also available in our North and South Bar.
- Private Party Contact: Christi Land 6304284242
A word from Tommy Nevins - Naperville
The Irish culture is one very rich in history and steeped in tradition. We have gone to great lengths to bring the various traditions of the Emerald Isle back home so that we may revel in the beauty that is Ireland.Continued
At Tommy Nevin's, always remember: "There are no strangers here; only friends who have not yet met"
At Tommy Nevin's, always remember: "There are no strangers here; only friends who have not yet met"
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Tommy Nevins - Naperville - Best Restaurants in Naperville ›
Tommy Nevins - Naperville reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (14)kid-friendly (10)great for lunch (9)special occasion (8)neighborhood gem (7)fit for foodies (7)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)notable wine list (2)romantic (1)Show More
- good pub foodjohngVIPDined on 8/22/2014Tommy Nevins is a good local pub. It is great for watching sports, adequate selection of beers and passable pub food. It is not a romantic spot, nor is the food exceptional. The service was outstanding. Our waitress was very attentive and extremely pleasant.Special Features:
- Nice choice and close to home.misssunshineDined on 8/14/2014Dined outside. It was a little chilly out but with their heaters on it felt perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great, but serviceDaveDined on 8/9/2014Food price were reasonable. Food was very good, but our service was horrible. Server got a large party and we were ignored for over 30 minutes. Other servers helped out with his other tables, but not us. We had to flag down a hostess to get more to drink and later a bus boy to get some mustard. Than he finally showed up and apologized, and another 20 minutes before he came back and dropped of the check without saying a word.Special Features:
- Good bar food!NickVIPDined on 8/2/2014Great burgers and good selection of beers on tap! Always a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable, relaxedDEB2171VIPDined on 8/1/2014Tommy Nevins is good for a casual, quick lunch or dinner. Service is reliably good, as is the food. For this most recent visit, we had a booth near the kitchen, which was very noisy and distracting. How about a door to close off the service area/kitchen??Special Features:
- Needs updating and food was coldMeetingoldfriendsDined on 7/11/2014I ordered a grilled cheese which came to the table barely toasted and freezing cold. It came with a few fries (very few). Everyone noted that their food was also cold. This place looks like it was once nice, but now seems run down. The tables are worn and in need of repair. The hostess wanted to know if we had reservations, but the entire dining room was empty. We ate at 7pm on a Friday night and it was empty. The bright spot was the service. Very nice staff!Special Features:
- Great food!!thoroughlysatisfied14Dined on 7/4/2014I was impressed by the unique food choices! Everything we ordered tasted fresh and amazing!!! I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- was okay. had better expectationsDewiVIPDined on 6/27/2014overall it was good. i had better expectations. the menu has a lot of amazing items and i wasn't sure which to pick, but the food was okay. dessert menu didn't attract me a lot. but service was amazing.Special Features:
- nice place been here several timesginvu2Dined on 6/8/2014I am not a big eater. Chicken madeira was good...it was smaller portion so could have use a little more chicken. My husband had pork chops which was very good. It was trivia night super loud and carried over into dining area which was k inda annoying at points. The place is nice and would definitely recommend but not on music trivia night unless you are into that. Waiter was very nice, personable and prompt. They should allow servers to test beers so they tell about flavor. You really can't expect someone to be good at their job if they don't know the product. Especially craft/ipa type beers. Would have rated a 4 but was really annoyed with trivia going on in background. It was apparent so were others in dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 135 reviews are from the Tommy Nevins - Naperville reviews archive.
- Surprisingly goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014I was pleasantly surprised at the Easter Brunch. Great selection and great food quality. I little pricy, but I would go back again.Special Features:
- Luv nevinsDiningluvinDined on 4/20/2014Nevins is the best all around for every occasion you can imagine. Fun full of life restaurant.Special Features:
- Easter Brunch!TinaDined on 4/20/2014We had Easter Brunch at Tommy Nevins. We have never eaten here before, but the food was FANTASTIC!! Our reservation was at 10:30 a.m., but arrived a little early and were seated immediately. We still cannot stop raving about this place. Planning to go back soon. This was the first time we have ever been out for a brunch for a holiday and Tommy Nevins did not disappoint or make me miss our traditional Easter Dinner at home. Thank you and see you soon!!!Special Features:
- Dinner for TwoPTdinerDined on 4/18/2014Lighting was to bright (Needs Dimming Capabilities). food was very goodSpecial Features:
- Nice choice and close to home.missunshineDined on 4/17/2014food is good and prices are fair. Close to home. Not more I can say. It is a sports bar and dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What you would expectKeys85Dined on 3/29/2014Tommy Nevins always looks packed. Their parking lot is really small which mean many patrons have to park at the strip mall across the street. It is, however, very deceiving as the place is huge on the inside. We made a reservation that seemed unnecessary once we got there. There seemed to be plenty of open seating even though it was very crowded. The food was great and the service was less than enthusiastic but still good. The noise level was a bit high, and I found myself repeating myself a lot for my dinner date to hear me. Overall it was a pretty good experience and I'm sure I'll return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy, for a reasonDEB2171VIPDined on 1/25/2014Third visit to Tommy Nevins and each time the food and service has been very good. On this visit, my husband and I both had the corned beef and cabbage dinner, which came with roasted carrots. The cabbage was mild and the corned beef was tender and tasty, and came with a small dish of mild horseradish sauce. At 7 p.m. on Saturday night, the place was packed, even the large bar area, and had a waiting line. I had made last-minute reservations, which turned out great. Our booth (which I requested instead of a table) was waiting for us when we arrived. It is noisy and, on this very cold night, the location of the booth meant we got a cold blast of wind from the door. But, overall, very good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such personal service andpaulaDined on 1/17/2014Such personal service and very accommodating so we could watch the hockey game....defintely will go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing place to drink and eatmisssunshineDined on 12/26/2013Would recommend this for casual dining. The help is always around and gives you excellent attention.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't Mess with a Good ThingNikiDined on 12/13/2013I've been here several times and I will change up the appetizer, but I will always get the same entree. It sounds lame, but I always get the ooey gooey grilled cheese with several different cheeses. This last time that I went, they changed up the bread to a Texas toast. Who eats grilled cheese on a Texas toast?!!! If I wanted bread with some cheese, then I would have just ordered that. Please bring back the old recipe. It was SO good. It was more of a panini style and the bread was thinner and some of the cheese would be oozing out of it and it had some crunchy texture where the cheese was cooked too. Now..it no longer stands out. That is what brought me back, but now I think I'll choose someplace else. It was good while it lasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Neighborhood GemmisssunshineDined on 10/24/2013Good food, atmosphere is vibrant. Drinks are good. Sure can't complain about this restaurant. Go there quite often.Special Features:
- Perfect!LeannepanDined on 10/12/2013Perfect place to meet our adult children and catch up on their news. Delicious food and attentive service at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- GoodnbadrspecldnrplcDined on 9/21/2013The Shepards Pie was disappointing : Not enough potatoes and no Guiness gravy. The service was slow. We were seated at the table that had no utensils and had to ask for them when the server brought the bread ,he never noticed there was none. I was pleased with the Fish n Chips,though the tartar sauce was too runny. The restaurant and bar area have great ambience,esp the private eating booths.I was pleased with the Riesling ordered and the appetizer list looked to have many interesting choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food!DebbieDined on 9/21/2013The hostess was not very friendly or helpful. But the wait staff was great and the food delicious! Even though the restaurant was busy we did not feel rushed to give up the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a good dining experience at all44DouglasDined on 9/15/2013Not at all impressed. The only bright spot was the hostess who was very friendly and seated us right away. Sadly, the experience went down hill rapidly from there. The service was terrible!! We waited 10 minutes before anyone even acknowledged we were there. Our server brought the wrong appetizer and we had to ask for plates. The meat in the Irish dishes we ordered was tough as shoe leather. We ordered a second round of drinks which he never brought. There are much better Irish Pub restaurants in the western suburbs. Will definitely not go back.
- Feels like Ireland!DwpLjpVIPDined on 8/28/2013We had a real fun time at this Irish Pub, with its pints of beer served just like in the United Kingdom, menu items from Ireland, and GREAT service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be 5 star..IrishatheartDined on 8/24/2013Tommy Nevins has all the makings of a GREAT place to go. The interior decor is warm and has tons of character. The bar is well located and appointed with large TV screens for the sports enthusiasts, but it doesn't take away from the dining. The food selection is fantastic, and quality is great. The down sides.. we have been there several times, and each time one of our meals, or sides, was COLD and had to be sent back. Some servers are top notch, but others, like one we had on this visit, are just mediocre- we got more attention/service from the bus boys than our waitress. Unfortunate, because it really detracted from what otherwise was potentially a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My wife and I came away with "ehhh"AuroraKPDined on 8/24/2013We found Tommy Nevin's uninspired at worst, just ok overall. The best part was our server - was not overt, but still available whenever we needed him. And, the beef sticks appetizer was quite good - something you wouldn't normally eat at home. The Guinness beef tips, and the lamb stew, almost tasted the same. The lamb was very fatty. The beef included a couple of bone pieces. The taste was just ok; not sure what I was expecting, but was hoping for something that was a bit unique and more flavorful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2013We had a group of 22 honoring a retiree from work. We were able to book the Library room at no extra cost, no hang up with a "special" menu, the room was ours. It was a very cozy feeling.The room was set up in round tables, with extra chairs for our use. We could easily have fit more people in. The server was VERY patient , very cordial, and took care of our needs very promptly. The only quiet time was when everyone was eating. The selection is good, the food is always good there! reasonable prices, good quantity, excellent service. A great time was had by all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2013As always, we left Tommy Nevins-Naperville satisfied not only with our meal, but with the service and ambiance as well. We highly recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- supermisssunshineDined on 8/8/2013Enjoyed eating outside. The food was great. Love Tommy Nevins.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with FriendsnetminderDined on 7/27/2013Stopped by for dinner with friends. Food was very good, as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time not the charmOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/25/2013I have to admit I was not impressed with the food. We had five people there and we all ordered different things, and nobody liked what they got. There also with a large party right near us with a lot of children who were very loud and all over the place. I don't think I'll be gong back.
- Tommy NivensmoviegirlDined on 6/19/2013The food and service is pretty good. The alchohol prices a tiny bit high. Restaurant very nice with a bit of noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choiceJustafoodieVIPDined on 6/15/2013We booked reservations for a large party only 24 hours in advance. Their service was excellent, prices are reasonable and everyone enjoyed their food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food !buzymom68Dined on 6/7/2013This was really great "PUB" food ..I wasn't impressed with the desserts , we tried several for our group , and the Bread pudding tasted just like the Sticky pudding .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't Be BackOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/1/2013We dine at restaurants twice a week. Worst food we have ever been served ! Fries were soggy and dark. Bottom of pretzel bun was wet from grease/fat. Appetizer was served with the meal.
- repeatBobCDined on 5/10/2013We continue to enjoy Tommy Nevins and also now their new place NBC. great food, good prices and friendly service. Keep it up.Special Features:
- We came with a group of six.FreqdinerDined on 4/22/2013We came with a group of six. We were seated promptly. Service was excellent as was the food. The sweet potato fries are wonderful. Food is very good. Everyone in the group commented on how good the food was.Special Features:
- It was ok. Waitress was notOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/8/2013It was ok. Waitress was not that attentive. Food was pretty good.
- Friendly, but average food.pam52VIPDined on 4/8/2013First time trying this restaurant that I had been wanting to go to for a while. Met a friend for lunch. Service was good and restaurant was half empty. Food was not that great. Not sure I would go back.Special Features: