119 E. 18th St.
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
Gramercy / Flatiron
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tommylasagna.com/
- Phone: 2122283494x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Thomas Mosera
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering available for private and corporate events. Call for our extensive catering menu.
A word from Tommy Lasagna
Tommy Lasagna is a home style Italian Restaurant featuring 8-12 varieties of homemade lasagna, fresh pastas and traditional Italian entrees. The dining room is complimented by an open kitchen chef's bar, where guests can sit to dine and watch a Tommy Lasagna chef make fresh pasta daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tommy Lasagna reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (25)fit for foodies (19)good for groups (14)great for lunch (14)kid-friendly (7)special occasion (6)romantic (5)notable wine list (5)great for brunch (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Another great dinner!BBQNoviceDined on 7/19/2014One of the best restaurants in NYC. You have to try it.Special Features:
- Tommy Lasagna reigns!KathyPeterVIPDined on 6/30/2014This is truly a focused, trustworthy restaurant. Great classics, great originals. Does not disappoint. We took some 'real New Yorkers who had never been (and claim to know all the great restaurants!) and they loved it and admit it!!Special Features:
- Good selection of lasagnaNYCJeanVIPDined on 6/24/2014We shared the goat cheese, arugula, etc salad and they very kindly split it into two quite generous dishes. We also split the tasting menu 3 types of lasagna and an order of cheese garlic bread which was more than enough food and quite tasty, especially the lasagna. I didn't like the cheese garlic bread ==too much mozzarella cheese on top. I would have preferred regular garlic bread if I had known it was going to be so heavy with all that cheese on top. But all and all, the meal was very good and I would go back. Also liked that it was not very full that night so it was quiet and you could actually hear what your partner was saying, a rareity these days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly Great!AdSmithVIPDined on 6/23/2014The name makes it sound like a cheesy diner, but the ambiance and fresh ingredients are terrific! I lived in Italy before and while this isn't THAT good (no place in NYC is...) it's truly delicious. Great ambiance, nice selection, I'd actually go back!Special Features:
- Lasagna Lovers Go To PlaceMichelinStarHunterVIPDined on 6/22/2014Came here to celebrate the birthday of my godson and the service couldn't be better: the birthday cannoli at the end was a great touch! The lasagna is fantastic. Try the sampling plate of lasagnas as it provides you the opportunity to try 3 types of lasagna. The salads were also fresh with big portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best lasagna ever!JupidogDined on 6/21/2014We were on a hunt for the best lasagna in NYC and after reading reviews came here. We were NOT disappointed! Loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyDPNY1VIPDined on 6/20/2014Food was fairly good and servers tried hard but noise level was deafening.
- Lisa H.TeamshrekDined on 6/17/2014I had the lasagna with spicy sausage and it was amazing. It came with a Caesar salad which was equally good. I can't remember the last time I ate every morsel on my plate. Will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Laid back atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/14/2014Went here during the weekend of Father's Day. In the midst of World Cup fever, I liked the fact that this place is low key, quiet, and provides good food. Highly recommend the Tommy Lasagna and the gnocchi with lamb. Appeared to me that locals go here too as I saw a couple of groups with kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RhysKramer09Dined on 5/31/2014After hearing about this restaurant on the Fan radio station I took a chance and took my family there. Food was fantastic especially the appetizers. Great service. Would definitely be going back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Italian RestaurantFrodoNJDined on 5/31/2014I've been to Tommy Lasagna several times and I've even taken their pasta making classes. It's definitely become one of my favorite Italian restaurants. The food is fantastic and the service is wonderful. Everyone I've taken there has been very impressed by the food and love it as much as I do. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great addition to the neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/29/2014I finally made it here with a coworker after reading about the restaurant's opening a few weeks back. The waiter was very courteous and attentive. We ordered the salad and original lasagna, which at first seemed like a small portion, but was quite filling in the end. Food was delicious and service was quick. I'll be returning for seconds!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dealSuzieDined on 5/28/2014I recently went to TL with some friends and had a great experience. The food was very good, staff excellent and overall a great deal. We were there for happy hour, and they had some great deals. Both my friends loved it, and we all agreed we'd go back and recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!AwesomenessDined on 5/28/2014If you love lasagna, this is the place to go! Haven't tried anything else on the menu, but why would you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten-free limitedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/17/2014This place offers gluten-free dinner, but unfortunately it was was very limited because they ran out of most the dishes they served as Gluten-free.Special Features:
- LASAGNA!!!JAMARRERDined on 5/15/2014Went for my 3rd year anniversary as i wante to eat amazing carbs!!! if i am goin to eat carbs it has to be worth it and it was. Everything is made fresh in front of you. Loved everything from my salad, the lasagna tasting (3 pieces of lasana) and the creme brulee. I was in heaven!..Will go back again and again. The service was excellent as well. Top Notch overall!Special Features:
- Good foodYvonneDined on 5/14/2014Great Food. Extremely busy place, a lot of groups coming in for cooking lessons as well as bus tours getting a bite to eat. would definitely go againSpecial Features:
- Food was very goodBusinessLuncherVIPDined on 5/14/2014Lunch portion of lasagna is a bit small, but I guess that's what you get for the lunch special. Lamb pesto lasagna was excellent.Special Features:
- Gluten free LasagnatommylasagnaDined on 5/11/2014This lasagna was so good it was hard to believe it was gluten free. Everyone else loved their regular lasagnas as well. Good appetizers and great sangria rounded everything out nicely.Special Features:
- The slowest service on earth!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/6/2014We had a 530p and the restaurant was empty and still our orders were not executed correctly. Our salads had to re made. We waited 25 minutes before our salads were brought to the table. This not good when you have the theater at 7pm.
- The following 255 reviews are from the Tommy Lasagna reviews archive.
- Great Evening!BBQNoviceDined on 5/3/2014I am NEVER disappointed with Tommy Lasagna. The food and service are always the best. Every time I visit, I try something new on the menu. Definitely worth the trip!Special Features:
- Great place!YohannaBVIPDined on 5/1/2014I must say thank u restaurant.com cause there was not way I was gonna find this place if it wasn't because I saw this offer and it was amazing! I told all my friends and they all excited to try it! AmazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!AwesomenessDined on 4/30/2014I've had lasagna made by a family straight from Italy, and I must say, the lasagna at Tommy's Lasagna is comparable. They also have classes on how to make your own lasagna which is cool too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/29/2014First time at this restaurant and had a great lunch. Will definitely try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten Free Lasagna!JBeanDined on 4/25/2014Anyone who is GF knows how rare it is to find a restaurant that has a specialized GF menu let a lone a made-from-scratch gluten free pasta menu that includes 2 types of lasagna! I'm in love. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service!IloveNYCDined on 4/25/2014The server was very personable. Very good at his job. Food was hit and miss. Very good: chips, Poppa's Lasagna. Not so good: eggplant parm sandwich (bland).Special Features:
- good food, good local placedonmarkDined on 4/22/2014order the lamb lasagna, never had anything like this, very good dish. food is a bit on the pricey side for what it is, but not over the top. nice service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Lasagna varietieszarry98Dined on 4/20/2014This was my 2nd visit. I had treated my niece to lunch previously and we loved it so much we decided to share with the rest of the family. The service has been on point both times. Very attentive and friendly staff. The variety of lasagna are amazing. Fear not... if you can't make up your mind you can try the lasagna tasting with a choice of 3...recommended 1st time around. The rice balls are pretty outstanding as well. Wines are always nicely recommended and offer a nice selection. We actually left room for dessert this time and were all pleasantly pleased...creme brulee, milk and cookies and Berry crepes. Overall Tommy Lasagna has great food, excellent and very welcoming service. This is a keeper :)Special Features:
- Lasagna Lovers HeavenbhbelleDined on 4/14/2014We enjoyed the unique selection of lasagnas. I had Poppa's and my husband had Spicy Sausage, as well as the soup. Portions were large and delicious. The bread was crusty, very fresh and tasty. My only complaint was the price of the wine and the small amount for $11.00 a glass. For that price, in a small neighborhood restaurant, I would at least have expected the glass to be half full. Also, most of the bottler selections on the wine list were expensive. The restaurant was very attractive and clean. Even though the place was not full, the noise level was high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!CareDined on 4/12/2014We had a reservation and they seated us promptly. After seeing so many great options for lasagna, two of us got the tasting platter (one got just lobster lasagna and was very pleased). While you got a little less food with the tasting, it was plenty after appetizers (rice balls and cheesy garlic bread)! I have to say the truffle one was amazing, but I loved the classic Tommy Lasagna!! I will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverallAmandaVIPDined on 4/11/2014This was my 2nd visit. 1st visit a my friend found this place through yelp and we think nice place. This time I need a place that'll let me decorate for a group of 10 for baby shower dinner. Between reserve through arrival they've all been helpful. We all love there food while it was everyone else 1st visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and great service!Lindsay1030Dined on 4/4/2014My roommate suggested I go here for some delicious Italian cuisine and I am so glad I went! I took my parents and boyfriend here for dinner and everything we ate was delicious! We started with the rice balls and the meat/cheese plate which were both so good! For dinner, we couldn't decide which lasagna we wanted so we picked the lasagna trio where you were able to pick 3 of the lasagnas listed. I had the house special, Tommy Lasagna, the spicy sausage lasagna, and the mushroom truffle lasagna. They were SO delicious! My favorite was the Tommy Lasagna. We ended our night with great coffee, a flourless chocolate cake, and a fruit crepe. Our waiter was so accommodating, friendly, and gave us great recommendations. I look forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch italian cuisineMike4788Dined on 3/26/2014Great Lasagna! Highly recommend the spicy sausage or the lamb. One of the better chicken parms I have ever had as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st TimerBGETVIPDined on 3/24/2014Great food, great service. If it's your 1st time or you haven't tried the Lasagna Sampler, definitely recommended. Also Monday nights 1/2 Bottles of wine with a cheese board...can't beat it.Special Features:
- Good food, smallish portionsDNYCVIPDined on 3/23/2014The food prep and service are very good. If you're on a diet, this is a good place. Otherwise, you may leave a tad hungrySpecial Features:
- Always the BEST!BBQNoviceDined on 3/22/2014My family and I visit Tommy Lasagna almost on a monthly basis. We are never disappointed with the food or the service. You will not find lasagna anywhere in NYC made like this. It is simply the best there is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great classic ItalianLucyDined on 3/21/2014We had a wonderful meal. Lasagna is terrific and the rice balls are unbelievable. Pasta is homemade. Great experience all around.Special Features:
- food and service were veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/21/2014food and service were very good - all staff were on their game even before Tommy arrived except for the music which was unbearable as kitchen had one type of music and the restaurant had another - both competing with one another ! It all changed when Tommy arrived. The décor could use some help - a little barren- maybe some mirrors along the brick wall. All in all, would returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge FanSaJ1VIPDined on 3/15/2014I think this place is great! Great food, service and ambiance! They even have a gluten-free menu with gluten-free lasagna which is outstanding. We also enjoyed their sangria, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Becoming a regularJonAppleDined on 3/6/2014Since being introduced to Tommy Lasagna last year, this was my 4th visit. The food, service and creativity are top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.