Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Wailea, Maui
3750 Alanui Drive
Kihei, HI 96753Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Wailea, Maui
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tommybahama.com/TBG/Stores_Restaurants/Restaurants/Wailea.jsp
- Phone: 8088759983x
- Hours of Operation:
Island Time Happy Hour 2-5pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: A warm reception awaits you and your guests at Tommy Bahama Restaurants. From an intimate luncheon or dinner to a lavish cocktail party, we offer a variety of services and special features, including: *Trained staff of event professionals *Onsite catering for all occasions *Floral-design services - Leis, etc *Outdoor patio for an evening under the stars *Live music
- Entertainment: Please contact us for our Live Island Music Schedule
- Special Events: WaileaEvents@tommybahama.com
A word from Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Wailea, Maui
Tommy Bahama combines a tranquil environment and good food with an emphasis on hospitality to make for the perfect place to recharge or unwind while indulging in a unique dining experience. The experience is sure to feel like a getaway, whether you’re on vacation or looking for a vacation from your everyday life. For more information: www.tommybahama.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Wailea, Maui - Best Restaurants in Wailea ›
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Wailea, Maui reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (55)great for lunch (27)kid-friendly (25)special occasion (23)good for groups (21)neighborhood gem (20)fit for foodies (19)romantic (15)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (11)notable wine list (10)scenic view (9)great for brunch (8)hot spot (8)Show More
- Impeccable ServiceLoveOpenTableVIPDined on 9/13/2014The food is consistently superb every time we dine here, and the service is always outstanding ... on this most recent visit (lunch on Sat. 9/13/14) our server went over & beyond excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Michelle LBadFoodnServiceDined on 9/1/2014BAD.I first enjoyed Tommy Bahama is 2008, and LOVED IT! BUT, I was just there again 9/2014, and feel so ripped off! The food wasn't good at all, and it was way too overpriced. I would have been happy to pay the charges if the food was good, but all of it was SO disappointing... the music was way too loud- and I normally enjoy music at a decent level, but it was so loud it distracted from the ambiance. Our waiter was nice, but very slowwww, we waited 20 mins after our plates were cleared for the bill, then he brought out a dessert display, and again I told him, no thank you for dessert, waited another 10-15 mins for our bill, and then it took him forever to come get my credit card. The hostess gal was screwing around on her cell phone.
- Good food and live musicCharleysDined on 8/24/2014Good Opakapaka with risotto dish, sat outside near 1 man band which was nice, good service, would recommend.Special Features:
- Return Birthday celebrationDaveVIPDined on 8/18/2014Three years ago we celebrated a milestone birthday and had a terrific experience. This time we were seated by the kitchen even though we reserved in advance and the restaurant was only two thirds full. There were children running by the bar and the staff did not do anything about it. Drinks took nearly half an hour arriving after the appetizers. The server was disinterested and the appetizers were cold on arrival. For the main course, we had ahi, snapper, ribs and chicken. The chicken and ribs were good, but the snapper was salty and the ahi was tasteless and the sides were awful. We had to ask for a desert menu and coffee was not offered. TB used to be our favorite on Maui. Very disappointing.
- Great dinnerHBcuppycakeDined on 8/16/2014It was our last night in Maui and were happy to have chosen Tommy Bahamas. The staff from the moment we walked in to the moment we left were attentive, friendly and happy. The food was fantastic! I'd eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ddljrDined on 8/12/2014Consistent Tommy Bahama's. Good food with no surprises.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The staff is awesome!motoxlrgDined on 8/11/2014From the moment we walked in the door to the time we walked out, every staff member that dealt with us, or was just walking past, at a minimum said hello. It was our first time there but they made us feel like regulars. Food was good. Making a selection was tough as items are diverse in origin. Ribs seemed to be the safest choice for a newcomer. But again the staff was very helpful, offering suggestions that were spot on! The downer was kids and babies. Knowing a nearby resort caters to children we chose to dine later in the evening. Still kids and babies after 7:30. Did not appear that efforts were made to seat those with children in the same area. All in all our experience was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Pushy service!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/26/2014The scene: Waitress: How about a (insert specialty drinks)? Just ice water for now thanks Oh that's no fun! Later after review of menu How about a (drink)? Ok I'll try that. And waters please. So two (drinks)? No just one & two waters. Next go round: We've got great appetizers. No, we're ready to order. Are you sure? (!) Yes, ready. I'd like tortilla soup to start... A bowl.. No, cup. And the Sanibel please. (Second order) I'd like the steak. And for the starter do you want soup or salad? Oh does it come with? No but (literally opening menu pages) we've got great ones. No thanks. Was asked 3x about a drink refill, while having to request water refills repeatedly. Finally--you can't leave w/out dessert! Oh yes we can. And not return.
- Nice eveningJohnny3VIPDined on 7/19/2014Great meal with attentive service. Management stopped to check on our satisfaction with our meals and service. Great spot in Wailea.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent! We'll be back!!USCTrojanMBAVIPDined on 7/18/2014WOW - what a great find. The same high quality that the Namesake Brand is known for was delivered. We had a lovely dinner on the veranda/lanai. The atmosphere was superb. Our dinner was just excellant! Grilled Artichokes - YUM YUM. Coconut Scallops even better! Key Lime Pie - heaven! It will certainly be on my list of places to dine next time I am back on Maui! Don't be fooled the name - this is no "Cheese Cake Factory" chain restaurant. The food was on pair with some of the other best restaurants on the island and at 2/3 the price. Great food, great atmosphere, and reasonably priced (for Hawaii).Special Features:
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/16/2014Family group of 9, service was a touch slow but reasonable. Most food was good, filet mignon dinner seemed overpriced and left one person hungry. Overall a good experience with a few nits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodDrubisDined on 6/29/2014We eat here every time we come to Maui. It's always been good and have never really had a bad meal. My son had the Caribbean season mahi and it was awesome. Another great meal. If your looking for a real nice place try Tommy's you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Nice DinnerFineDiningGuyDined on 6/29/2014Very good food but not excellent. The service and ambiance were superb. Too bad they lost their view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/28/2014Tommy Bahamas is always on our list when visiting Maui...at least once, more depending on how long we stay in the island. Food is always excellent. The encrusted opakapaka is wonderful and the special opakapaka dish was outstanding. This time around the service was a little spotty until the manager, Megan, came over to check on us. From that point on it was outstanding. We visited with Megan for awhile and Tommy Bahamas is lucky to have her! We watched her moving among all the tables, talking to diners, helping servers, clearing dishes whenever needed and always smiling! We will be back!Special Features:
- EXCELLENT *****LoveGoodFoodDined on 6/26/2014My wife and daughter dined here twice in one day. It was just excellent. The lunch & diner menu is awesome & service is superb. Nothing to improveSpecial Features:
- Amazing!NessieVIPDined on 6/24/2014I was a little leery of trying this restaurant as I had only heard of the clothing store. I thought the food was be just " bar food." I was pleasantly surprised. The drinks and the food were awesome. The entire staff that we encountered was so warm and welcoming. The next time that we're in Maui, we will return to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good findDrubisDined on 6/22/2014Been coming here for years and always make this our first stop and our last before going home. We tried the grilled artichoke which I must say was the best darn artichoke I have ever eaten. Done perfectly, and had incredible flavor. We split both a salad and entree, as well as a desert. We have never had a bad meal here. We will be back! They live have live music nightly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/20/2014Surprised at how good the food was. Rose was a terrific server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOMMY BAHAMA'S MAUIRICKSPDined on 6/16/2014OVERALL SERVICE AND FOOD WAS GREAT. I GIVE IT A 9 OUT OF 10. *MUST TRY THE AHI NAPOLEON!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day Celebration2tocelebrateDined on 6/15/2014Food was excellent and well presented. We were especially impressed with our waiter who knew his menu and was attentive to our needs. We will definitely return the next time we come to Maui.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodPaleoMauiVIPDined on 6/14/2014Great service, amazing food, great drinks a definite must try. The only down side is they have no view.Special Features:
- Good food, service varieschickonmauiVIPDined on 6/13/2014The food is consistently good. However the service can vary. Sometimes we have a attentive service, other times including this most recent visit, we felt like we were bothering him. We were a party of 5, ordering apps, cocktails, entrees and desserts and the server just wasn't delivering this night. He dropped the check without asking if we wanted desserts. We had to constantly ask for water refills.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite lunch spotRetiredFoodieVIPDined on 6/12/2014Whenever I'm back in Maui, Tommy's is my favorite place for lunch. My current fave is the Ahi Poke Napoloean along with a glass of sangria! Ambiance is perfect - oh so Hawaii :)Special Features:
- Best ahi poke appetizerGtownVIPDined on 6/6/2014Excellent ahi poke Napoleon made with avocado. They ran out of scallops but the mahi mahi was also good. Indulged in desserts, cake was heavenlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/2/2014Great food, good service and beautiful decor. The General Manager checked with us several times to see if we had any needs.Special Features:
- Island StylealisonevanDined on 6/2/2014We really enjoyed our experience at Tommy Bahama's in Wailea. The atmosphere was just right for our small birthday celebration. The food and service were exceptional. They were attentive and helpful. the food was fabulous. Our experience there was special. Thank you Tommy Bahama..truly an upscale island style experience.Special Features:
- Service😄MrsCalderonVIPDined on 5/30/2014We had great service from start to the end of our evening. Our dinner was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/28/2014We were visiting from San Diego and Tommy's was recommended to us. Even prior to coming in, Chad, the manager, was very communicative and welcoming. Upon arrival, the bar staff were friendly and knowledgeable. Our server was very kind, patient and knowledgeable. Chad came around and visited, which was nice. Food was outstanding and we were able to take advantage of the Restaurant Week options. Ambience was clean and island-like, which suited our vacation. We would definitely recommend this to visitors.Special Features:
- The following 540 reviews are from the Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - Wailea, Maui reviews archive.
- Great EveningTravelDinersDined on 5/18/2014My wife and I had dined at the Tommy Bahama in Orlando, Florida with friends a year ago and loved the food, service, and especially the Mai Tai. We were looking forward to dining at the Wailea restaurant and we were not disappointed. The hostess greeted us with a smile and sat us outdoors right away. We ordered our Mai Tai's and they were great. We split a coconut shrimp, and for the main course macadamia encrusted mahi mahi and pasta with shrimp. The appetizer, bread & meals were served "hot" and were excellent. Wonderful food & service made for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchmcfunVIPDined on 5/12/2014Stopped in for lunch. Great service, food, and very relaxed.Special Features:
- Good but priceyMauiDinerDined on 5/8/2014Food was pretty good, it was hot for outdoor dining, needed more fans for the customers to be comfortable in my opinion. I think it is pricey for the quality of food however. Always love shopping at the stores.Special Features:
- Small portions but great foodKimberleeDined on 5/3/2014We sat outside and were pleasantly surprised by a live guitarist/singer. The music was projected through the speakers in the restaurant (including the bathroom) so you never felt like you had to miss the entertainment. The service was good. We were seated right away. The menu has a wide variety to choose from and the drinks were nice and strong. Great little spot for a couple or a small group but not much room for the table of 8 that was right next to us. We'd go back. I think there will be a location near us soon as we will definitely check it out when it opens.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingKikihiVIPDined on 4/30/2014We are TB regulars. We had 7:00 reservations but had to wait 20 minutes for a good table. But, then they seated us at just an okay table. Server was nice but not very attentive. Drinks and wine ordered, but salad course arrived before drinks. Decided to cancel the Mai-Tais and just go for the wine. Food was excellent, as always, but it wasn't our best experience. Manager apologized and gave us some free appetizer/dessert tokens for future visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch spot in WaileaFoodieDined on 4/27/2014Casual outside seating area. My first time at Tommy's. Had appetizers, ahi poke tacos, coconut shrimp, grilled steak salad. Tacos & salad were delicious! Both dishes were recommended by waitress. Shrimp okay. Wait Service Amanda & those assisting were first class! Not intrusive yet very attentive. Had cocktails: mango mojitos, martini ,maitai. Excellent esp' the maitai. My cousin a maitai' connoisseur "had maitais all over the island ,this is the best", freshly squeezed fruit juices, BIG difference. They support & use fresh local grown ingredients & fish. Fresh homemade ginger/hone butter w/ complimentary bread, unique & delicious. Overall one star less due to, hadn't tried main dishes or desserts. Lunch pricing reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurprisedDerekJDined on 4/23/2014We went in not expecting much but now rate Tommy Bahama's as one of the best restaurants on Maui!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful RestaurantMauiRoseDined on 4/21/2014At the oceanside of Shops at Wailea on the second floor is a lovely relaxing restaurant/bar. I've eaten here several times with various friends. I've always been seated where I want, right next to the local musician whose soft refrains drift over the tropical breezes. I love the succulent Macadamia Crusted Mahi-Mahi with roasted asparagus spears . I always change my rice carb option for the yummy Chive Mashed Potatoes! My husband loves the half rack of the ribs, which he eats quickly so I don't steal a bite! At lunch, try the out-of-this-world Fish Tacos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/20/2014We've been to TB's many times, and love it every time! Everyone visiting the Wailea area should give it a try for either lunch, pupus, or dinner (IMO).Special Features:
- We're back and will be againRBPBDined on 4/13/2014True there isn't a shoreline pounding the surf at your table, but the food and service more than balanced a fine meal. The menu has a great selection of tasty food that isn't just seafood. After a couple weeks dining in Maui some variety is appreciated, but the snapper I had was delicious. The service was very good and right there, but not in your face. The prices reflect fine dining, but you save the cost of hearing the waves so it in some ways is a better value. Not being a hotel people are more dressed for the occasion, which matters to us when we are looking for an overall quality experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunchHBfoodieVIPDined on 4/12/2014A beautiful restaurant located in the Shops at Wailea. The menu is quite eclectic as is the cocktail menu. My wife ordered the Seared Ahi Kale Salad which she found to be fresh and delicious. I ordered the Cuban Sandwich with a House Salad and Yucca Plant Fries. It was the perfect Cuban sandwich. Our server was effficient but did not rush us through our meal. All in all it was an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/11/2014Every year when we visit Maui we make sure to dine at TB several times. Lunch and dinner are both fantastic. The staff is always knowledgeable and friendly. You can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.