Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - The Woodlands
9595 Six Pines Drive, Suite 700
The Woodlands, TX 77380Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - The Woodlands
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tommybahama.com/cafe
- Phone: (281) 292-8669
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Tuesday: 11:00am-10:00pm
Wednesday & Thursday: 11:00am-11:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 11:00am-12:00am
Island Time Happy Hour 4:00pm-6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jay Potterfield
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off site catering is available for corporate or private events.
- Entertainment: Nightly entertainment: Sunday-Thursday 6:00pm-10:00pm, Friday-Saturday 6:00pm-11:00pm.
- Special Events: Visit us for Island Time for great deals on appetizer small plates, signature drinks, beer, and wine 4-6pm Everyday.
A word from Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - The Woodlands
Tommy Bahama combines a tranquil environment and good food with an emphasis on hospitality to make for the perfect place to recharge or unwind while indulging in a unique dining experience. The experience is sure to feel like a getaway, whether you’re on vacation or looking for a vacation from your everyday life. For more information: www.tommybahama.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - The Woodlands - Best Restaurants in The Woodlands ›
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - The Woodlands reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (75)great for lunch (65)vibrant bar scene (52)neighborhood gem (51)special occasion (49)good for groups (48)fit for foodies (44)hot spot (42)late-night find (29)scenic view (28)romantic (15)great for brunch (14)kid-friendly (14)notable wine list (9)Show More
- I was disappointed in my crab and avocado salad.LindaRVIPDined on 11/21/2014The crab in the salad tasted like it was canned and there was very little avocado in the salad. I would not recommend this dish. The others at my table seemed satisfied with their entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodAneaterDined on 11/21/2014Great food as always but a little noisy. I could barely hear the other two people at the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 times this weekDrKoVIPDined on 11/20/2014Brought guest this time and they loved it. New waiter same result. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Expectations- not so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/16/2014My friend and I stopped in for a light lunch one Sunday afternoon. I had made a res, we were greeted pleasantly and immediately seated. Waitress greeted us promptly and beverages/bread brought out timely. We had several questions about the menu, ie what type of fish used in "fish" dishes? To my surprise, the standard is basa fish. Really? I had expected a much better fish for the price of the dishes. I passed on that one and indulged with the crab bisque and single crab cake. Bisque was mediocre- more cream than crab. I ate the crab cake only because I was super hungry, wondering why I was wasting my calories. Very "bready" and tasted like it may have been previously made (or frozen out of a box). Ugh. Overall, pleasant ambience and good staff. Food- not so much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time and great staffDrKoVIPDined on 11/11/2014Got a new server Kyle today for our group and as usual great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tried and TrueCGvisitorVIPDined on 11/8/2014we moved to The Woodlands just over a year ago. Discovered Tommy Bahama's and been going there fairly regularly. We've taken all our family friends, business colleagues, visiting relatives, kids' friends, etc and everyone loved the food every time. we love TB!!!!! it's the best restaurant on Market Street.Special Features:
- Live Music??OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/7/2014As much as I enjoy both the retail and restaurant parts of Tommy Bahama, the live music is obnoxious and quite frankly, will stop us from going on weekend evenings. Not only is the person terrible, his music is piped everywhere and even the staff dreads hearing it (i know because I asked).....Special Features:
- AmazingTexasDined on 11/2/2014The restraunt is full of great food and drinks. The music and atmosphere puts you on the edge of an island. Its beautiful and would highly recommend to anyone who wants something deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Outstanding!Ruffus06Dined on 10/31/2014We have been to Tommy Bahama's many times and they consistently provide excellent food and service. Everything on the menu is wonderful and always perfectly prepared and presented. You must try the coconut shrimp appetizer and the shrimp and scallops entree - you won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- Excellent cocktails & foodBeachLover55Dined on 10/31/2014I have enjoyed cocktails and great food at Tommy Bahama's in The Woodlands, TX for many years. The Happy Hour bar food and cocktails are a real treat. The food is goo, I enjoy the live music in the bar and of course the outdoor dining experience in Market Street. I meet friends there often and plan special occasion celebrations there whenever possible. I love the beach atmosphere, attire and amenities of the shop and menu varietySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall very enjoyable.HankDined on 10/30/2014We had reservations for lunch which I needed to change twice. They were very accommodating and spot on service when we arrived. The food was very good. The wine list could have had a few more less expensive offerings. We requested a booth and we all found the hard wooden seats difficult to handle for an hour and a half lunch. Overall we had a very nice experience.Special Features:
- Great food, drinks and serviceFood4thoughtVIPDined on 10/29/2014We ate outside on a perfect fall day. Our server was on top of things, she made great recommendations but was not pushy. We tried the goat cheese appetizer, Yum! The drinks here are always tasty and they have some unique choices as well. The food arrived hot and timely. They had live music which was piped out to the patio, what a nice treat. This is one of our favorite places to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feels like we are Hawaii...GiveDined on 10/28/2014Great food... great outdoor dining! Fish tacos are my favorite...Special Features:
- Consistently averageWindstorm494VIPDined on 10/25/2014Friends of mine really like going here but I always find everything average and end up disappointed in the service and food for the price I pay. This restaurant falls into the Woodlands trap of charging upscale prices for ordinary foodSpecial Features:
- josieDined on 10/24/2014We wanted to dine at a place with good patio dining. We also wanted food that was prepared a littlle differently and was presented well along with being delicious. These three things are sometimes hard to accomplish in many restaurants, but Tommy Bahama's delivered on everything. The wait staff was attentive, but not overly, which we like. This was a very good experience for us.Special Features:
- great as usualDrKoVIPDined on 10/24/2014weekly visit was great as usual, new server that was great as wellSpecial Features:
- Del2014Dined on 10/23/2014It was very busy and loud. The food was good but somewhat overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Island paradiseTxfoodVIPDined on 10/23/2014Love love Tommy Bahama restaurant. Always our "go to" spot when we've had a long week. Food is great, drinks (from mango tea to beer to cocktails) are fantastic, service is wonderful, and atmosphere is fun. Perfect spot for a family or a date or a group get together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunchMsKimberlyDined on 10/20/2014Patio dining was the perfect start to a new week. Enjoyed lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood favoriteCathyBDined on 10/18/2014The food is consistent and usually service is good. This evening our waitress was friendly and outgoing but slow on the order process, didn't keep our water full nor did we get timely refills on cocktails. Not as good as usual.Special Features:
- consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Tommy b's is always a good bet. Their ambiance, the food and the service make it one of my local favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is always but very noisyGoodEatsDined on 10/17/2014We live this place and love that they have live music but their amps are so loud you can't even here yourself think - we were in the dining room and the musician was set in the bar. What was more concerning was that we brought this to our waitresses attention and she had told us a lot of her customers had the same complaint but nothing was done about it. Aside from that the food was outstanding as usual but also as usual the service was noticeably slow, and thanks to the loud music we could barely hear her when she did come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy Tommy's atmosphereDrKoVIPDined on 10/13/2014We ere regulars here. We enjoy the food, atmosphere and the wait staff is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud Atmosphere and Average Foodluv2eatDined on 10/4/2014The restaurant was very cold with both the air conditioning going, the ceiling fans going & the outside temperature being more chilly than usual & the doors were open. The noise level was very high, so much so that we could barely carry on a conversation. The atmosphere is very casual despite the high prices. For an appetizer we had the tuna poke. The tuna was so saturated with soy sauce and other ingredients that I could not taste the tuna and the high amount of vinegar & soy sauce caused a horrible reaction with hives on my lips (which I only get from extreme salt/vinegar). The snapper tasted very fishy. Spouse enjoyed the Sanibel chicken immensely. Broccolini was bland, almond rice was tasty. Cinnamon butter for the bread was yummy.Special Features:
- Kristin made it right.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/4/2014We had an issue with table not bring set up even with a call in advance, and a visit to the hostess 15 minutes before our reservation. Salt in ice tea, and our server didn't apologize, simply says "it's just ice tea no need to get upset." I spoke to manager Kristin and she apologized and made things right. We normally have a wonderful experience here so hope it's better next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hint on your reservationsTheRevDined on 10/3/2014When we got there people had been waiting for 30 minutes (they did not have reservations) for a table on the outside "Patio". At the same time the "Veranda" had empty tables. The Veranda is actually a more pleasant place to eat. It is covered, air conditioned, protected from the elements, yet with large open areas that can be closed with inclement weather. Remember - there is no quality restaurant in Houston that will keep a table empty for 30 minutes or more so that you can immediately be seated on a weekend evening during prime time. Chill out, have a seat in the bar, listen to the live music. Your reservation will put you at the front of the line but no restaurant will kick people out of their table when you arrive so be realisticSpecial Features:
- Second time this weekDrKoVIPDined on 10/1/2014Ate here for second time this week. Love the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualDrKoVIPDined on 9/30/2014Got a new server and again the service was great. Food was great as usual. Tenderloin salad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprisePICKYVIPDined on 9/25/2014First, I didn't know that Tommy had restaurants and second, I don't usually like chains, but this was a nice surprise. I grabbed a reservation for a group of co-workers on an out-of-town trip and everyone was pleased, even the crabby ones! Good food and a nice outdoor Caribbean feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Al Fresco LunchSweetToothDined on 9/23/2014Nice lunch on Tommy's outdoor patio. Service could not have been better. Crab cakes were good (altho a tad bit soggy) and the mango iced tea always hits the spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TKSDBlackDined on 9/20/2014I had made a reservation and when we arrived we were promptly seated which is awesome because I have made reservations at other places in the past and still had to wait but not here!! We went with recommendations from the waiter for dinner blackened fish tacos which were so fantastic and then had a special which included goat cheese that was to die for, a salad which was just average, a small filet with potatoes and broccoli - the filet was very soft and easy to eat could've used more flavor but it was fine and then ended with chocolate cake. It was a great date night with my hubby!!! Will for sure be back.Special Features:
- Wonderful food, terrific service.NomadladymedicDined on 9/19/2014As we entered the restaurant the island feel and ambiance were immediate. We were taken to a table near the outdoor seating area with a nice view. Our server Teresa was very polite and informed us about the menu and the items on the menu that she favors. She also advised us on what to stay away from due to the fact that I have a couple of allergies to certain ingredients. We ordered appetizers and then the main course and desert too. Everything exceeded our expectations and was absolutely delicious. We had to take part of my husband's desert to go. The price for two people with drinks, appetizers, and desert was quite fair for the area and the quality. It should go without saying that we will go again.Special Features:
- Service was poorGbunny69Dined on 9/14/2014We ordered mustard when we placed our order for hamburgers. We got our food but no mustard. We ordered it again and didn't receive it until we were finished eating. There was no waitstaff present. Overall the food was good but service was very poor.Special Features:
- RWB1Dined on 9/11/2014Tommy Bahamas is a great escape without leaving the neighborhood. It's got a tropical vibe and the food and drinks are always excellent.Special Features:
- Another weekly visitDrKoVIPDined on 9/9/2014Fortunate to get one of our favorite waiters, Andrew. Service and food were great as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time this weekDrKoVIPDined on 9/5/20142nd time this week with clients. Tenderloin salad was great and Andrew our server was great as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Island AtmosphereThenaugVIPDined on 9/4/2014Fun and enjoyable, as much for vibe than anything else.Special Features:
- KansasDined on 9/4/2014As always, food and service were fabulous! For any occasion it always works for me.Special Features:
- great for entertainingShannonDined on 9/3/2014I often have out of country guests coming in for business and this restaurant offers an acceptable range of choices. The food is greatly prepared to please any palette.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat here at least once a weekDrKoVIPDined on 9/3/2014Tried a new dish today....highly recommend the tenderloin salad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.