Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - The Woodlands
9595 Six Pines Drive, Suite 700
The Woodlands, TX 77380Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - The Woodlands
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tommybahama.com/cafe
- Phone: 2812928669
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 5:00pm-10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 5:00pm-12:00am
Island Time Happy Hour 4:00pm-6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Brian Miner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off site catering is available for corporate or private events.
- Entertainment: Nightly entertainment: Sunday-Thursday 6:00pm-10:00pm, Friday-Saturday 6:00pm-11:00pm.
- Special Events: Visit us for Island Time for great deals on appetizer small plates, signature drinks, beer, and wine 4-6pm Everyday.
A word from Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - The Woodlands
Tommy Bahama combines a tranquil environment and good food with an emphasis on hospitality to make for the perfect place to recharge or unwind while indulging in a unique dining experience. The experience is sure to feel like a getaway, whether you’re on vacation or looking for a vacation from your everyday life. For more information: www.tommybahama.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - The Woodlands - Best Restaurants in The Woodlands ›
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - The Woodlands reviews from OpenTable diners
166 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (86)great for lunch (83)special occasion (70)vibrant bar scene (67)neighborhood gem (60)good for groups (58)fit for foodies (51)hot spot (48)great for brunch (33)scenic view (31)late-night find (30)romantic (24)kid-friendly (17)notable wine list (10)Show More
- Service was poorGbunny69Dined on 9/14/2014We ordered mustard when we placed our order for hamburgers. We got our food but no mustard. We ordered it again and didn't receive it until we were finished eating. There was no waitstaff present. Overall the food was good but service was very poor.Special Features:
- Another weekly visitDrKoVIPDined on 9/9/2014Fortunate to get one of our favorite waiters, Andrew. Service and food were great as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time this weekDrKoVIPDined on 9/5/20142nd time this week with clients. Tenderloin salad was great and Andrew our server was great as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Island AtmosphereThenaugVIPDined on 9/4/2014Fun and enjoyable, as much for vibe than anything else.Special Features:
- KansasDined on 9/4/2014As always, food and service were fabulous! For any occasion it always works for me.Special Features:
- great for entertainingShannonDined on 9/3/2014I often have out of country guests coming in for business and this restaurant offers an acceptable range of choices. The food is greatly prepared to please any palette.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat here at least once a weekDrKoVIPDined on 9/3/2014Tried a new dish today....highly recommend the tenderloin salad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great afternoon!TitosChickDined on 8/30/2014Met our bet friends there for lunch. Loved our server - she was darling. After lunch - the wives went shopping, and the guys moved over to the bar. Great service and experience all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but very priceyTraveldiverDined on 8/29/2014Tommy Bahamas is typical chain upscale restaurant. Out of four, two dishes were quite good, stuffed shrimp and salmon with bacon risotto. Two were overpowered by the flavors added so that it wouldn't have mattered what was the meat. Ours was shrimp, coconut shrimp almost burned and dipping salsa too thick .The dishes are high priced for what you get. Good portion size. Great fresh baked bread. Nice cocktails . Loud, loud, loud! So good for a group. If you want a little more quiet, dine in garden room or outside on patio. Nice singer with guitar in bar. Very busy Friday night so hostesses stalk the table seeing if you're finished yet. Even tried clearing the dishes before we were finished eating. At this price, wouldn't expect to be rushed.Special Features:
- Business TravelerOU812VIPDined on 8/28/2014Very good. You can tell when a restaraunt cares about what it does. It comes through in the imaginative, well prepared dishes as well as the sincere and highly competent service. It was a Thursday night with a raucous bar scene(not my favorite) but reflective of how the local customer feels about the place. Even got a call the next day thanking me and inviting any feedback.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, loud, and expensive.KkeegDined on 8/23/2014I'm not normally one to care much a about the expense but this quality level should not demand the price they are asking. I could have gone to Flemings for the same amount of money. It was super loud and I couldn't have a conversation, made my date with wifey more like a bad concert.
- Good pre & post CWM concerts spotDeereManDined on 8/22/2014Great tenderloin steak salad, one of the best I've ever had. but the coconut shrimp appetizers were over-cooked and not very good at all. Service was good. Recommend making reservations on concert venue nights! Easy walk over to the concert. Live music in the bar was awesome. Great singer/musician.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food qualityLizCDined on 8/16/2014My dinner was the roasted vegetable plat with chicken. The chicken was hot but everything else on the plate was barely warm. Service: Our waiter was slow bringing drinks and requests to the table. Took 30 minutes to receive our dinner cocktails. We arrived for a 6:30 reservation and was seated by 6:45. Our waiter was fast to greet us and we ordered drinks and delayed ordering diner for about 20 to 30 minutes. After we order the service went downhill. We did not complete our dinners till 10:00 due to delayed service. I like Tommy Bahamas and this is the first time I have had bad food and service. I will still go back and hopefully this was a one time problem due to the concerts at the Pavilion at least that was what we were told.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boys night outOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014Me and a group of guys headed to TB's due to the large bar and wide range of food. For a Friday night in the Woodlands it was very lively, just what we wanted. The only drawback was that the seating at the bar was full, and as we arrived 45 minutes early specifically to have a couple of drinks we found ourselves having to constantly dodge waiting staff and other diners as they made their way around the bar area. When we did get seated the food was good, arrived quickly and everyone enjoyed their plates.Special Features:
- Great PlaceDrKoVIPDined on 8/14/2014Service and food always great. Guests always like dining thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElaineDined on 8/13/2014Had another great lunch here. Food is really good.Special Features:
- Come here at least once a weekDrKoVIPDined on 8/11/2014Regular lunch spot for our company. Service and food always good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yea Fish Tacos!CocoDined on 8/9/2014We have our favorites at Tommie's. Fish tacos and the steak salad keep bringing me back. My hubby loves the piña colada cake... And the chocolate cake... And the key lime pie... And did I mention my husband likes the desserts? Service was just the right amount of attentiveness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-concert venueBrendaDined on 8/9/2014Food was perfect, reservations worked great, did not have to wait although there were many who did NOT have reservations had had to wait. Very, very noisy due to the number of people, probably all going to the concert afterwards.Special Features:
- Great Birthday spotmayramechiDined on 8/3/2014We celebrated my best friend's birthday here. We got an amazing table in the patio and the atmosphere was great! The food was delicious. We had the jerky pork and it was so moist and yummy! Definitely going back soon.Special Features:
- Food was greatDrKoVIPDined on 8/1/2014Food was great as usual. We visit here weekly. Good wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heatherhbird7Dined on 7/31/2014Good was good, service was horrible. Our waiter disappears, had to ask another waiter for our check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be Sure You Have the TimescitchrDined on 7/30/2014First, the positives: the entrees were delicious and attractively presented, specialty cocktails were excellent, decor and setting whisk you away to the Carribean. That being said, I would recommend the restaurant; however, the night wasn't without problems. The bread that was served while we waited was so hard that it was difficult to separate into sections and near impossible to bite through. Because of this, it was also very messy leaving crumbs "raining" down on your clothes and the table. The other problem was the slow service. While our waiter was very pleasant to deal with, he obviously had too many tables assigned to him. This is one problem that we have noticed every time we dine here. Don't go unless you have plenty of time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite placesdatenightswithhubbieDined on 7/26/2014The food is great! I recommend the seafood dishes. The macadamia nut crusted snapper and the Thai Shrimp scallop dishes are both fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Have eaten there many times and I'm never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Enjoyed the outdoor dining and entertainment in the courtyard. Experience was festive and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tommy Bahama'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014Tommy's is a nice restaurant. The music was nice but so loud having a conversation was not possible if the person was sitting across the table from you. The menu was limited and over priced for the serving size. The wait staff started out good but then they became no exisitant. My glass of tea was empty and it was refilled with water, because I was not asked what was in my glass. Overall not worth the money
- Success perhaps breeds mediocrityWoodsDined on 7/17/2014Noisy and "group" busy. Food was ok but not spectacular. Go back? Sure, but would request the patio weather permitting. Service unfortunately met expectation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysDrKoVIPDined on 7/15/2014Server was fantastic and the food great. Accommodated a last minute reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingTW20Dined on 7/12/2014We were there on a night that there was a big concert at the Pavillion, but it was after the concert started. It took over 45 minutes to get our food after we ordered, but our server disappeared during that time. No explanations or apologies or even bread! She didn't even ask for additional drink orders. Then when we received our food, I was disappointed in the portions. We have been loyal Tommy Bahamas fans since it opened, but it has gone downhill. It was noisy too. Our group won't be going back for a long time, especially on a concert night.
- Great Food and AtmosphereJaredDined on 7/6/2014Not only does Tommy Bahamas serve amazing food, it also has the atmosphere to make a great experience top notch. TB is unmatched in the tropical oasis meets casual upscale dining genre. Great for a date and fun for all ages, this is one place you can't miss. Make a reservation before you go and don't forget to note your dining location preference in the comments/details. The Garden Room is one-of-a-kind!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We wish there was one closer to usWilliamDined on 7/6/2014Consistently interesting high quality, delicious and interesting food. The decor is fabulous and the setting on the square is nice. Always a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesLokeVIPDined on 7/5/2014Have always enjoy having my meals at The Tropical Cafe but unfortunately my wait-staff was unfriendly & unwelcoming. It's Independence weekend. We were feeling happy & so disappointed to be met by an unwelcoming lady.....hmmm.Special Features:
- Happy Hour Happiness!w1n3loverVIPDined on 7/4/2014Can't beat the Happy Hour specials at our local Tommy Bahama! Perfectly executed sliders, macadamia crusted goat cheese, jerk chicken lollipops etc. are fabulous bargains that won't break the bank! Try the Coconut Cloud Martini- then thank me later! Talbot Chardonnay is a special find as well!Special Features:
- Great foodluv2dineDined on 7/3/2014Excellent food and drinks!! Always a place you can count on!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and DeliciousLissaDined on 7/2/2014Met a friend whom I had not seen in a while for lunch. We requested a booth and were seated right away. Our waitress Alex was outstanding. Very friendly and attentive. The food is always delicious and different. I had a grilled artichoke that was out of this world. My jerk chicken tacos were good but the spice was a little overbearing. We had a very enjoyable lunch and never felt that we were being rushed. I have always had a great experience at Tommy Bahamas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First anniversary dinner2driftersDined on 6/29/2014Our son and daughter in law celebrated a first anniversary dinner there. They had put a tablecloth on booth table with orchids and rhinestone decorations. So beautiful! And dessert was complimentary. Food excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, moderate service, loudOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/25/2014Hostess created a problem getting us seated when table was not available. Then 'new' server with no real knowledge began to serve us, but we asked for a change. Sat is garden room, nice view but loud/bad acoustics.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Restaurant and Great Services!DarmstadtDined on 6/21/2014Great restaurant and food is good and service is great. It is on the high side, but when they are on, the food is great.Special Features:
- TopsRobertDined on 6/20/2014Celebrated 46th anniversary for two couples and it was fantastic. We've done anniversary here before and there is a reason - they are great. Great food, atmosphere, service. Recommend highly.Special Features: