Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - The Woodlands
9595 Six Pines Drive, Suite 700
The Woodlands, TX 77380Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - The Woodlands
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tommybahama.com/cafe
- Phone: 2812928669x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Tuesday: 11:00am-10:00pm
Wednesday & Thursday: 11:00am-11:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 11:00am-12:00am
Island Time Happy Hour 4:00pm-6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jay Potterfield
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off site catering is available for corporate or private events.
- Entertainment: Nightly entertainment: Sunday-Thursday 6:00pm-10:00pm, Friday-Saturday 6:00pm-11:00pm.
- Special Events: Visit us for Island Time for great deals on appetizer small plates, signature drinks, beer, and wine 4-6pm Everyday.
A word from Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - The Woodlands
Tommy Bahama combines a tranquil environment and good food with an emphasis on hospitality to make for the perfect place to recharge or unwind while indulging in a unique dining experience. The experience is sure to feel like a getaway, whether you’re on vacation or looking for a vacation from your everyday life. For more information: www.tommybahama.com.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - The Woodlands - Best Restaurants in The Woodlands ›
Tommy Bahama's Restaurant & Bar - The Woodlands reviews from OpenTable diners
145 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (76)great for lunch (74)special occasion (60)neighborhood gem (57)vibrant bar scene (56)good for groups (55)fit for foodies (44)hot spot (42)scenic view (27)late-night find (27)great for brunch (20)romantic (19)kid-friendly (11)notable wine list (10)Show More
- consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Tommy b's is always a good bet. Their ambiance, the food and the service make it one of my local favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is always but very noisyGoodEatsDined on 10/17/2014We live this place and love that they have live music but their amps are so loud you can't even here yourself think - we were in the dining room and the musician was set in the bar. What was more concerning was that we brought this to our waitresses attention and she had told us a lot of her customers had the same complaint but nothing was done about it. Aside from that the food was outstanding as usual but also as usual the service was noticeably slow, and thanks to the loud music we could barely hear her when she did come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy Tommy's atmosphereDrKoVIPDined on 10/13/2014We ere regulars here. We enjoy the food, atmosphere and the wait staff is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud Atmosphere and Average Foodluv2eatDined on 10/4/2014The restaurant was very cold with both the air conditioning going, the ceiling fans going & the outside temperature being more chilly than usual & the doors were open. The noise level was very high, so much so that we could barely carry on a conversation. The atmosphere is very casual despite the high prices. For an appetizer we had the tuna poke. The tuna was so saturated with soy sauce and other ingredients that I could not taste the tuna and the high amount of vinegar & soy sauce caused a horrible reaction with hives on my lips (which I only get from extreme salt/vinegar). The snapper tasted very fishy. Spouse enjoyed the Sanibel chicken immensely. Broccolini was bland, almond rice was tasty. Cinnamon butter for the bread was yummy.Special Features:
- Kristin made it right.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/4/2014We had an issue with table not bring set up even with a call in advance, and a visit to the hostess 15 minutes before our reservation. Salt in ice tea, and our server didn't apologize, simply says "it's just ice tea no need to get upset." I spoke to manager Kristin and she apologized and made things right. We normally have a wonderful experience here so hope it's better next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hint on your reservationsTheRevDined on 10/3/2014When we got there people had been waiting for 30 minutes (they did not have reservations) for a table on the outside "Patio". At the same time the "Veranda" had empty tables. The Veranda is actually a more pleasant place to eat. It is covered, air conditioned, protected from the elements, yet with large open areas that can be closed with inclement weather. Remember - there is no quality restaurant in Houston that will keep a table empty for 30 minutes or more so that you can immediately be seated on a weekend evening during prime time. Chill out, have a seat in the bar, listen to the live music. Your reservation will put you at the front of the line but no restaurant will kick people out of their table when you arrive so be realisticSpecial Features:
- Second time this weekDrKoVIPDined on 10/1/2014Ate here for second time this week. Love the food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualDrKoVIPDined on 9/30/2014Got a new server and again the service was great. Food was great as usual. Tenderloin salad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surprisePICKYVIPDined on 9/25/2014First, I didn't know that Tommy had restaurants and second, I don't usually like chains, but this was a nice surprise. I grabbed a reservation for a group of co-workers on an out-of-town trip and everyone was pleased, even the crabby ones! Good food and a nice outdoor Caribbean feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Al Fresco LunchSweetToothDined on 9/23/2014Nice lunch on Tommy's outdoor patio. Service could not have been better. Crab cakes were good (altho a tad bit soggy) and the mango iced tea always hits the spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TKSDBlackDined on 9/20/2014I had made a reservation and when we arrived we were promptly seated which is awesome because I have made reservations at other places in the past and still had to wait but not here!! We went with recommendations from the waiter for dinner blackened fish tacos which were so fantastic and then had a special which included goat cheese that was to die for, a salad which was just average, a small filet with potatoes and broccoli - the filet was very soft and easy to eat could've used more flavor but it was fine and then ended with chocolate cake. It was a great date night with my hubby!!! Will for sure be back.Special Features:
- Wonderful food, terrific service.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014As we entered the restaurant the island feel and ambiance were immediate. We were taken to a table near the outdoor seating area with a nice view. Our server Teresa was very polite and informed us about the menu and the items on the menu that she favors. She also advised us on what to stay away from due to the fact that I have a couple of allergies to certain ingredients. We ordered appetizers and then the main course and desert too. Everything exceeded our expectations and was absolutely delicious. We had to take part of my husband's desert to go. The price for two people with drinks, appetizers, and desert was quite fair for the area and the quality. It should go without saying that we will go again.Special Features:
- Service was poorGbunny69Dined on 9/14/2014We ordered mustard when we placed our order for hamburgers. We got our food but no mustard. We ordered it again and didn't receive it until we were finished eating. There was no waitstaff present. Overall the food was good but service was very poor.Special Features:
- Another weekly visitDrKoVIPDined on 9/9/2014Fortunate to get one of our favorite waiters, Andrew. Service and food were great as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time this weekDrKoVIPDined on 9/5/20142nd time this week with clients. Tenderloin salad was great and Andrew our server was great as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Island AtmosphereThenaugVIPDined on 9/4/2014Fun and enjoyable, as much for vibe than anything else.Special Features:
- KansasDined on 9/4/2014As always, food and service were fabulous! For any occasion it always works for me.Special Features:
- great for entertainingShannonDined on 9/3/2014I often have out of country guests coming in for business and this restaurant offers an acceptable range of choices. The food is greatly prepared to please any palette.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat here at least once a weekDrKoVIPDined on 9/3/2014Tried a new dish today....highly recommend the tenderloin salad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great afternoon!TitosChickDined on 8/30/2014Met our bet friends there for lunch. Loved our server - she was darling. After lunch - the wives went shopping, and the guys moved over to the bar. Great service and experience all around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but very priceyTraveldiverDined on 8/29/2014Tommy Bahamas is typical chain upscale restaurant. Out of four, two dishes were quite good, stuffed shrimp and salmon with bacon risotto. Two were overpowered by the flavors added so that it wouldn't have mattered what was the meat. Ours was shrimp, coconut shrimp almost burned and dipping salsa too thick .The dishes are high priced for what you get. Good portion size. Great fresh baked bread. Nice cocktails . Loud, loud, loud! So good for a group. If you want a little more quiet, dine in garden room or outside on patio. Nice singer with guitar in bar. Very busy Friday night so hostesses stalk the table seeing if you're finished yet. Even tried clearing the dishes before we were finished eating. At this price, wouldn't expect to be rushed.Special Features:
- Business TravelerOU812VIPDined on 8/28/2014Very good. You can tell when a restaraunt cares about what it does. It comes through in the imaginative, well prepared dishes as well as the sincere and highly competent service. It was a Thursday night with a raucous bar scene(not my favorite) but reflective of how the local customer feels about the place. Even got a call the next day thanking me and inviting any feedback.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, loud, and expensive.KkeegDined on 8/23/2014I'm not normally one to care much a about the expense but this quality level should not demand the price they are asking. I could have gone to Flemings for the same amount of money. It was super loud and I couldn't have a conversation, made my date with wifey more like a bad concert.
- Good pre & post CWM concerts spotDeereManDined on 8/22/2014Great tenderloin steak salad, one of the best I've ever had. but the coconut shrimp appetizers were over-cooked and not very good at all. Service was good. Recommend making reservations on concert venue nights! Easy walk over to the concert. Live music in the bar was awesome. Great singer/musician.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food qualityLizCDined on 8/16/2014My dinner was the roasted vegetable plat with chicken. The chicken was hot but everything else on the plate was barely warm. Service: Our waiter was slow bringing drinks and requests to the table. Took 30 minutes to receive our dinner cocktails. We arrived for a 6:30 reservation and was seated by 6:45. Our waiter was fast to greet us and we ordered drinks and delayed ordering diner for about 20 to 30 minutes. After we order the service went downhill. We did not complete our dinners till 10:00 due to delayed service. I like Tommy Bahamas and this is the first time I have had bad food and service. I will still go back and hopefully this was a one time problem due to the concerts at the Pavilion at least that was what we were told.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boys night outOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014Me and a group of guys headed to TB's due to the large bar and wide range of food. For a Friday night in the Woodlands it was very lively, just what we wanted. The only drawback was that the seating at the bar was full, and as we arrived 45 minutes early specifically to have a couple of drinks we found ourselves having to constantly dodge waiting staff and other diners as they made their way around the bar area. When we did get seated the food was good, arrived quickly and everyone enjoyed their plates.Special Features:
- Great PlaceDrKoVIPDined on 8/14/2014Service and food always great. Guests always like dining thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElaineDined on 8/13/2014Had another great lunch here. Food is really good.Special Features:
- Come here at least once a weekDrKoVIPDined on 8/11/2014Regular lunch spot for our company. Service and food always good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yea Fish Tacos!CocoDined on 8/9/2014We have our favorites at Tommie's. Fish tacos and the steak salad keep bringing me back. My hubby loves the piña colada cake... And the chocolate cake... And the key lime pie... And did I mention my husband likes the desserts? Service was just the right amount of attentiveness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-concert venueBrendaDined on 8/9/2014Food was perfect, reservations worked great, did not have to wait although there were many who did NOT have reservations had had to wait. Very, very noisy due to the number of people, probably all going to the concert afterwards.Special Features:
- Great Birthday spotmayramechiDined on 8/3/2014We celebrated my best friend's birthday here. We got an amazing table in the patio and the atmosphere was great! The food was delicious. We had the jerky pork and it was so moist and yummy! Definitely going back soon.Special Features:
- Food was greatDrKoVIPDined on 8/1/2014Food was great as usual. We visit here weekly. Good wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Heatherhbird7Dined on 7/31/2014Good was good, service was horrible. Our waiter disappears, had to ask another waiter for our check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be Sure You Have the TimescitchrDined on 7/30/2014First, the positives: the entrees were delicious and attractively presented, specialty cocktails were excellent, decor and setting whisk you away to the Carribean. That being said, I would recommend the restaurant; however, the night wasn't without problems. The bread that was served while we waited was so hard that it was difficult to separate into sections and near impossible to bite through. Because of this, it was also very messy leaving crumbs "raining" down on your clothes and the table. The other problem was the slow service. While our waiter was very pleasant to deal with, he obviously had too many tables assigned to him. This is one problem that we have noticed every time we dine here. Don't go unless you have plenty of time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite placesdatenightswithhubbieDined on 7/26/2014The food is great! I recommend the seafood dishes. The macadamia nut crusted snapper and the Thai Shrimp scallop dishes are both fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Have eaten there many times and I'm never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Enjoyed the outdoor dining and entertainment in the courtyard. Experience was festive and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tommy Bahama'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2014Tommy's is a nice restaurant. The music was nice but so loud having a conversation was not possible if the person was sitting across the table from you. The menu was limited and over priced for the serving size. The wait staff started out good but then they became no exisitant. My glass of tea was empty and it was refilled with water, because I was not asked what was in my glass. Overall not worth the money
- Success perhaps breeds mediocrityWoodsDined on 7/17/2014Noisy and "group" busy. Food was ok but not spectacular. Go back? Sure, but would request the patio weather permitting. Service unfortunately met expectation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.